SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19709659

Dieting Weekly Support 3 - 9 Nov

User
9 years ago

Hi Everyone,

How are you doing this week so far?

I want to pick up on the last comment from Monday. Dealing with cravings.

Please be kind to yourself and remember this is a journey not a prison sentence. We are only human. I don't know anyone who is working to lose weight that doesn't succumb to eating too much of a good thing. I've done it. You've done it. This is not the end of the world. It happens.

The most important thing for you to realize is to live in this moment - not the past. No regrets, no lingering on past actions, no beating ourselves up.

What can you do now to help yourself? Are you drinking water? Many times our bodies are dehydrated and it is easy to mistaken our bodies need for water with wanting food. Try a glass of water.

If you are craving sugar - try something completely different like a pickle - it's crunchy, salty and tastes totally different. Or what about a sweet variety of apple? Or sour? A pear? Yogurt? An orange? Something with fiber to help fill you up?

Get out for a walk. Do something physical to take your mind off the craving. What about a bath or shower? Contact a support buddy.

Do something. At the very least do not dwell on the past. Get yourself back on track, pick up yourself and continue forward. No matter what. Just don't give up. Your long term goal is achievable in small steps. We all have our moments.

Successful individuals have also dealt with the same issues. What got them to their goals over time was returning to healthy eating. Not dwelling on past moments. Focusing on what they could do now. Planning ahead. Preparing ahead.

If you are going through a period of needing help - talk to us. Get some self help books out of the library. Focus on positive things that you can do. This is life. I am working on healthier choices, getting hydrated, taking responsibility for myself and talking to you, my weight loss buddy and preparing ahead.

You can do this. One moment, one step at a time. I'm in this for a lifestyle change, not just the weight loss but learning healthier life choices that I can make and live with each day. If you want someone to talk to privately I welcome your email. You can contact me through my members page. I promise to email you back. Something bugging you? I'm here.

Take my hand - I'm reaching out to you.
Let's have a great day.
Cheers,
Peggy

Comments (3)

Sponsored