o
SS Support - Mon. 11/21 thru Sun. 11/27

Posted by Marci_PA (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 21, 05 at 7:38

Let's talk turkey

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: SS Support - Mon. 11/21 thru Sun. 11/27

Indeed, let's talk turkey AND continue in celebrating Suzanne's birthday!!

What I do not want to talk about is the performance this season of my beloved Jets! :-(

Been staying fairly steady on my WOE, but the scale has not moved one little bit...amazing since I've cut down my calories considerably. I'm truly tempted to throw that scale away, but I'm also dismayed that my clothes are not showing any indication of my successful attempt to cut calories and increase excerise (from 4 to almost 7 hours per week!)

SUNDAY:
B: 1 egg + 1 egg white scrambled in tsp Smart Balance spread; 2 slices whole wheat toast with 2 tsp spread
S: 12 globe grapes
L: 2 oz whole wheat pita; 2 oz low-salt turkey; roasted peppers; mustard. 2 cups raw veggies
S: 7 roasted almonds, 1 cup sugar-free Swiss Miss
D: large mixed veggie salad with 6 large boiled shrimp, 2 small sesame whole wheat bread sticks; 1 tbls olive oil dressing; medium apple

Hoping that everyone checks in this week to accept or offer support!

Let's make this week count!
Take care, eat healthy and NEVER, NEVER GIVE UP!!!!!!!!!!!
DeeMarie

o

I was hoping to come here and escape to the woods of NH and the tale of a peaceful ride on SP. So whenever you're ready Suzanne - or did you sleep in today after too much celebration?

Dee- I'm with you and would rather see that my clothes aren't quite as snug as they usually are. That is really what motivated this time. I feel like I have been wearing the same outfits over and over again.

Sunday Menu:
B - Smoothy
L - Roasted Vegetable Soup
S - Roasted Vegetable Soup
D - Roasted Vegetable Soup
S - 2 Clementines
Water, Water, Water and did 2 1/2 miles on the treadmill

I have to tell you that the soup I made came out fantastic and I think it's because when you roast your vegies the flavor intensifies. I used cabbage, mushrooms, cauliflower, celery, onions, lots of pre-roasted garlic and then threw them in a pot with chicken stock, a can of diced tomatoes and some basil. I have some asparagus that I will add to it today.

It is another brisk but beautiful day - we are having the most glorious fall. That is suppose to come to a halt tomorrow - they are predicting snow!

I hope everyone can check-in and keep us up-to-date!

o

I lost my furbaby this morning. He was 16, and been with me since he was a tiny kitten, and he was the last of my 3.

Because he was the first one I saw in the morning, and the last I saw at night, my quite, gentle companion thur thick and thin, and my warm and furry confort, my heart is shattered tonight. I look for him everywhere, just like i have everyday for the past 16 years.

And then I realize that I have lost him, and my heart breaks a bit more.

He was 16. And he was my baby.

o

I am SO Sorry to hear this Maddie! My heart goes out to you ((((HUGS)))) !! There are no words to make such a loss easier, so I will just send prayers and warm thoughts. We are here for you...

Tikanas

o

Hi Ladies,

Hugs Maddie :(

Happy B-day NhSuz!

Was a busy weekend for me, dinner out friday night for friends b-day, saturday lots of errands and goofing off, sunday the pats game in the afternoon and then work at night, im beat :/

I have to work wed night, so turkey day is going to be a long one this year, Im trying to visit everyone before heading to Gf's to eat, so after I can go home and crash zzzzzzzzz....

Been on a stall for weight loss, I though it was one of the meds I was on but after a month im still not losing. Time to get serious and start hitting the gym :(

I hope everyone has a nice holiday!

take care

John

o

((((((((((MADDIE))))))))))))) I am so so sorry.

Love, Besh

o

(((Maddie))) - I am so sorry to hear about your furbaby.

o

Maddie - ((((((HUGS))))) I am so sorry for your loss. You have had quite a week, please find some comfort in knowing that your purrbaby is at peace and playing with the other 2 purrbabies. Let us know how you are.

o

[[[[[[[[[[[Maddie]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]] Wish I could be there to hug you in person. Will be thinking good thoughts for you today.

o

Oh Maddie, I am so sorry to hear about your baby. I truly am. I wish there were some way to comfort you but I know there is not. You will heal in your own time. Perhaps a new baby will help you remember the joy of your others who are now happily cavorting in a grand place.

Sending you big ((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))))

o
//RE: SS Support - Mon. 11/21 thru Sun. 11/27

Good Morning All,

I just have a few minutes to stop in and say thank you all for your birthday wishes. I had dinner with my horse friends on Friday and, as usual, we had a blast but they had to kick us out! Just kidding. On Saturday I went to lunch to a fabulous place with my sister. After we went shopping for wrapping and accessories that we need for our cookie baking day. It was a lovely day.

Sunday was very quiet. I went riding in the morning and spent the rest of the day with DH who is about half crazy from being down. His wound is looking so much better and I am hoping that he has great news from the surgeon when we go on the 1st.

Joanne, thank you for the birthday package I love everything as you already know.
She sent me a wonderful equestrian daily planner for next year. Its full of nice pictures of horses and has a sections in the back for record keeping. Its really nice and I have never seen one like it. She also sent me a set of four horse magnets and a lovely heart charm which I love but not sure what the program is all about. Joanne?? Can you help me hear. Also, the card was a riot..horse themed of course! She also included two postcards from London, Ontario. One is a photo of the building where she works. Very nice indeed and thanks so much once again.

This week I am doing a temp job for a mfg firm. I have NO idea why they needed someone in here to cover this week as it is dead,dead, dead. The phone barely rings and the office manager that I am filling in for has left me NOTHING to do. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ or plain old frustration as I sit here with SO much to do elsewhere!

QOD: I hope this is not a repeat but what/where is everyone doing for Thanksgiving AND, are you making anything special or unusual or just the same old same old??

I am counting on your posts today as I am bored silly!!!

o

Hey Suzanne, I'm here and bored (not really!) Seems like Joanne went out of her way to send you some special gifts for your big day!..glad you enjoyed them.

QOD: DH and I will leave early (7am?) on Thursday to my sister's. She is about 95 miles from us (in the Philly area, but on the Jersey side). We will be bringing along a big bag of NY bagels (e.g, "real" bagels according to my sister LOL!) At about Noon, we will all head out for Smithville, NJ (about 1/2 hour from her) for shopping--at 3pm, it's dinner at a quaint, old tavern-style restaurant, then some more shopping before we return to her home. DH and I will stay over into Friday so the guys can attend some sort of race-car event...the girls will stay home (me, my sis and my 2 nieces). DSDs will be with their mom's family.

later....

o
Where I'll spend my Thanksgiving...

I think I already posted this link, but here it is again!

Here is a link that might be useful: Smithville, NJ

o

Dee - I can relate to the "real" bagels. We used to get pizza, chinese food, "real" bagels and a huge hero on "real" bread when we would come back to visit. I love your Thanksgiving plans, they sound like a lot of fun.

BJ - check in and let us know what is going on. I thought of you as I watched Medium last night without my 3D glasses.

NH Suzanne - Glad you had a great birthday and sounds like Joanne picked out some perfect gifts. You don't realize how hard it is to kill time until you have a boring job.

I have been cooking all day. I made "Slices of Sin" posted by Ginger on the Dessert thread. I printed the recipe out years ago and have decided to finally try it for Thanksgiving - it has to refirgerate for at least 2 days. It looks good, and I may have a forkful on Thanksgiving, but that is all. I also made a pot of sauce and meatballs, as tonight I am making chicken parm for dinner, tomorrow I am making eggplant parm and lasagna for dinner when DD's come home.

QOD - I think Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. I actually love to cook the meal and I love that there are no gifts, etc. involved, just being thankful for what we have and being with those that we love. Our menu is: Turkey basted with wine/butter/chicken stock, stuffing with dried cherries and pecans, twice baked potatoes, brussel sprouts in a garlic cream sauce with pancetta, glazed carrots, fresh cranberry sauce, broccoli casserole, homemade cheddar biscuits. I think that is everything. I will be eating only the turkey and brussel sprouts, but that is fine with me as I really love both.

Monday Menu:
B - 1 Egg scrambled with sauteed onion, red peppers and asparagus
S - 2 clementines
L - Vegie Soup
D - Grilled steak smothered in onions, red peppers and mushrooms and a horseradish sauce, grilled asparagus
Water, water, water - no exercise - I worked late.

o

hmmmmmm, seems like everyone is cooking or baking pies!

PUT THE CHOCOLATE DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

o

okay................................ you caught me! lol

o

Thanks Marci, for once I'm not guilty LOL.

Tuesday Menu:
B - Vegetable Soup - hey it was cold out
L - Tuna salad on a bed of lettuce and coleslaw
S - Orange
D - 3 big pieces of Chicken Parm (breaded with parmesan cheese)
Water, Water, Water, No exercise - I was on my feet all day - that should count for something.

I am feeling more comfortable in my jeans, so the SSing must be working. I will try the scale tomorrow before the feast, hopefully it shows a loss and I will be motivated to stay on the straight and narrow! This will be a big challenge for me next weekend, as I will be attending 3 parties - I CAN DO IT.

Maddie - let us know how you are doing - I am keeping you in my thoughts.

We got a light dusting of snow last night, but it is so cold that I think it will be around for a while.

o
Chocolate...

Raeanne, freezing here too....went out for my walk at 6:15am and almost got frostbite!

Marci, wanted you to know that my nutritionist calls Peanut M&M's a low glycemic, 'trickler' carb. She recommends a few as a snack because you don't need so many to satisfy you (right!). I eat dry roasted almonds (7) or peanuts (20) late in the afternoon, but I officially will not feel guilty during the holidays if a few of the peanut M&Ms find their way to my belly! haha

o

DeeMarie - Oh the will power it would take to only eat a "few" of any kind of M&M! DD brought me home a fun size bag of M&M's and I ate them in 3 seconds! Good thing there was only 1 little bag! lol

Raeanne - You're welcome! Any time you need me to step in and be the guilty party, just let me know. lol

I made 2 pies this morning, a Dutch apple and a German chocolate. I will make 2 pumpkin pies tomorrow morning before we head out for the day.

We too got snow yesterday, but only a light dusting on the grassy areas. We had our first hard frost this week and I had to say goodbye to my roses. I couldn't believe they lasted as long as they did.

DD arrived home yesterday and DS is flying in tonight. My house and my heart will be full this Thanksgiving. I am grateful for my kids and the adults they have become, but I miss the h*ll out of them!

((Maddie))- I hope you are coping and remembering all the fun times you had with your furbaby.

I probably won't be on the computer for the next several days, so I will wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving now.
And I will leave you with this thought.............

o

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone. Have a great Turkey Day!!!

Maddie, (((HUGS))) I feel for you.

Raeanne, I agree with you about Thanksgiving. I am thankful that there are no gifts involved. Christmas is getting to outragous in that category.

My very best friend is moving to Hawaii. Her hubby just enlisted back into the army and that is where they are going to be stationed for three years. It breaks my heart. I have shed many tears already. She is waiting till after the holidays to move. All I can say is thank goodness for e-mail.

Better run. Have a great day.

Jen

o

I simply CANNOT bring myself to list my menu! Mainly because I have been eating on the run....a nibble here, a nibble there... Not a good thing!

That being said, I LOVE Thanksgiving! We had a party at the office today and I stopped by after my last patient and stayed for hours. What a blast!

This year, in addition to being VERY thankful for my family and friends, I am grateful to have such wonderful co workers who really care about our patients and make nursing a joy.

I am cooking up a small feast for tomorrow. I started yesterday. I am brining and smoking 2 ducks and a turkey and will be up early to get them going on the grill. All the usual sides too. The kids will be here and a couple of friends as well. It should be a wonderful day!

Jen, I feel for you! My best friend (since I was 13) moved to Oregon last July and I miss her terribly! Thank goodness that we can gab on our cell phones for free. It will be tough at first but you can do it!

QOD: What is your LEAST favorite Thanksgiving side dish? Mine is the dreaded (don't hit me!) green bean casserole.

May you all have a wonderful and happy Thanksgiving day!

Tikanas

o

Hi Ladies

I hope you all have a great turkey day, Im working tonight so am going home and try to get a nap in before I have to head to dinner, should be interesting.

QOD:ive never like yams or sweet potatoes, liked them even less with marshmellow topping, yuck :/

take care,

John

o

Good moring all--

Happy Thanksgiving! I hope everyone has a wonderful day, and when asked my blessings, you all are so included! :) (((hugs))))

Missing my boy--Rog is, too. Seems so funny after having purrballs for 23 years straight, to come home to such emptyness and quietness.

I ahfta work today, but I can go in at 6am, which is one reason why I'm up at such an ungodly hour--

anyhoo, I have some interesting stories to tell when I can get back on here--strange days, indeed--

Love to all,

Maddie

o

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

DS is dressing for the Thanksgiving game today. Freshman don't play, they dress. So we get to go and freeze in the bleaches and watch DS dressed to play football! I'm really only kidding. I'm excited to go, I just wish is were a tad warmer and not snowing!

Have a great day! I am thankful for you all!

Love, Besh

o

Maddie,I'm happy to see you posting after the difficult recent events you've had. ((((((Maddie)))))

I know I'm a little late wishing every a happy thanksgiving day, since it's over,but I hope it was good for everyone.

I didn't spend it with anyone this year, but someone did bring me over a dinner, which was appreciated. It's my chance to practice inner connectedness, lol, and not feeling limited by the confines of the physical world. I mean by feeling like I'm with my loved ones even though physical distance separates us. I did call my son and two granddaughters. The older son I still haven't heard from in over two years. I don't know if I ever will or not, but I've had to make peace with it, at least as much as I can.

Anyway, I wanted to say hi to all. I know I don't really hold up my part anymore, but I also know I'd be happy to hear from anyone missing, just to know they are all right, so I figure you probably want to hear from me, too, even if it's not that much.

Amy

o

P.S. I'm enjoying the menus. :) I made some low carb cookies earlier out of peanut butter, splenda, egg, and baking chocolate. One advantage of the low carb treats is that they don't get me craving more.

o

Good Morning All,

Happy day after Thanksgiving. Ours was quiet but very nice. My sister and her DH came so it was just the four of us. Of course the dinner took just as long to prepare. We talked about the menu and everyone wanted a "certain" thing so we ended up with everything!! I cooked a 20Lb turkey so we have lots of sandwiches which is my favorite part. It was all delicious.

It snowed about 6" here yesterday and it's beautiful although it's quite cold and windy. 12 degrees here this morning. The wind was howling so last night that I went down to tuck the goats and donkey into their stall to stay warm. The horses don't care so I didn't lock them in. Brrrrrr

DH and I are grateful for many things this year but most of all that he isn't facing chemo therapy and that he will be back on his feet soon.

QOD: The green bean casserole is on the top of my list of downright disgusting Thanksgiving, (or otherwise) fare! That is the epitomy of not cooking cooking!! UGH I love sweet potatoes sans the marshmallows. Another non favorite is the jello mold things with or without marshmallows.

The biggest hit at my holiday table is always the carmelized shallots. People just can't get enough of them and they are delicious.

Amy, it's good to hear from you please keep coming back.

Maddie, I think you need to go rescue a new baby soon!! A new little furbaby in need will help your broken heart heal!!

Tikanas, I love smoked foods and you are so lucky to have the weather to do it!

Jen, email is the next best thing to being there! ((((HUGS)))) I am sorry your friend is moving that must be hard.

Marci, I have never heard of a German chocolate pie. Is it similar to the cake by the same name? Thanks for the gif.

BJ, we haven't heard from you. I hope all is well.

Raeanne, how was your T-Day?

DeeMarie, how was your T-Day?

Besh, I am so glad that we don't have to do the T-Day football games anymore! LOL You must have been miserable yesterday.

I am off to Boston for the annual lunch at the Four Seasons and shopping with DFIL. Should be fun and it's sunny but cold.

o

Happy Day After Thanksgiving!

I am staying away from the stores today, but we are heading out to MIL's for lunch a little later.

I didn't over eat yesterday and limited myself to one piece of the German chocolate pie. But I drank high test coffee, so I was wide awake last night thinking about the leftovers that I had brought home. Almost got up to raid the fridge, but I controlled myself.

Amy - I am glad that you drop in from time to time to let us know what is going on in your life. We do wonder when we don't hear from you and other MIAs, so keep on coming here as often as you can and don't worry about not being able to contribute as much as you did before.

NHSuzanne - I have 2 recipes for German Chocolate pie. One is similar in texture to a Pecan pie and is baked. The other one is a pudding pie (which is the one I made this time). You partially bake a crust, then layer pecans, coconut, brown sugar and butter on the bottom and bake 5 more minutes. Then you make a vanilla pudding with a 4oz. bar of German chocolate melted in it and pour that over the crust. It was a hit and there were only 2 small slivers of it left, which I sent home with my Dad.

QOD - I have to laugh at all the comments about the dreaded green bean casserole. This has long been one of my favorite dishes! I always requested ham, green bean casserole, baked pineapple and scalloped potatoes for my birthday dinner. To this day, my family still serves that green bean casserole at major family functions. Can't say I am as big a fan as when I was little, but I don't hate it! LOL
Truthfully I don't care for the mashed potatoes! I don't want to waste my holiday eating capacity on something as ordinary as mashed potatoes. And I love yams, but don't want anyone to mess with them. I like to eat them baked with butter and salt & pepper. Can't stand when people try to fancy them up (is that a phrase?) with marshmallows, other fruits or nuts.

Well I need to get in the shower and get ready to head out to MIL's house.

Don't eat too many leftovers,
Marci

o

I have had a heck of a time getting on here. The page just won't load at all. I decided to do a search and see if I could enter that way and I did. I typed in aka Raeanne SS and the first thing that popped up was a link to the SS Daily where Suzanne and I got the 2 Lies and a Truth or was it 1 Lie and 2 Truth's mixed up - see I'm still doing it. From there I was able to get here. WEIRD.

Sounds like everyone survived the biggest eating day of the year.

Suzanne - it was just the 4 of us this year and it actually felt lonely. I was on my feet for two days preparing a meal that took 30 minutes to eat LOL - we stretched it out, but we could've been done in that amount of time.

Maddie - I can't wait to hear your stories.

Marci - Chocolate Cream Pie has to be my all time favorite dessert - if it is homemade YUMMERS.

Dee - I love your nutritionist LOL

Amy- glad you got in touch with your son and DGD's - I hope they get out to visit you this year.

Besh - Don't forget your camera LOL - Enjoy.

Jen - (((HUGS))) to you. It is so hard when a good friend moves away. I know exactly how you feel -hang in there.

Tikanis - I may be the only person in America that has never been subjected to one of those green bean casseroles - I don't know how, but I am sure I am thankful LOL. I am glad that you had a great time with your coworkers.

John - I hope you were able to nap before work.

I did very well on the eating. I had turkey, brussel sprouts and a little stuffing, I tasted the slices of sin - since I have been off sugar - it was too rich and sweet for me, so a taste was enough, but I would've really enjoyed it a couple of weeks ago LOL.

BJ - you have been too quiet what are you up too?

I got news yesterday that my MIL will be visiting, her arrival date is 12/21. That is making me feel very pressured to have everything ready by then and I don't like to feel pressured and I never have everything ready by then. She is feeling lonely - so I have to try my hardest to make it enjoyable for her.

o

I forgot to answer the QOD

I can't stand pumpkin pie!

o

NH Suzanne - how did the shopping/luncheon expedition go? I love that family tradition - would your FIL consider adopting?

Friday Menu:
B - Turkey and brussel sprouts - yes you read right
S - Orange
L - Shrimp Cocktail
D - Beef Fajitas with no tortillas
Exercise - 2 miles on treadmill
Not enough water yesterday -will work on that today

I see that BJ is going to make me hunt her down. Watch out!

Have a great Satruday

o

QOD: Raeanne, make that TWO of us who have never tasted that green bean thingy! I love all kinds of veggies, but will not touch dark turkey meat....too much string or whatever in that leg and thigh! lol!!!

When I was a kid, we had antipasti, lasagna w/ all the Italian meats, 3 hours later the turkey and trimmings were presented, and 3 hours after that we had nuts, fruit, and pie w/ coffee. An entire day of eating...no lie. The Alka Seltzer would fly back and forth that next day.

We had a wonderful time in Smithville...got some things in the small shops and had a leisurely dinner in the Inn. My sister's DFIL and DMIL joined us too. Friday morning, my sis and I took DN and her friend to the Philadelphia Museum of Art (they had a college art assignment). I loved it, as there was a large gallery of impressionists displayed and lots of Asian items from B.C.!!!! I could have stayed all day.

MENU (for Saturday---Thurs and Fri are too painful..lol!)
B old-fashioned oatmeal and a handful of globe grapes before walking 3 miles around the lake whooo hooo to me!
S 20 dry-roasted peanuts and cup of fat-free, sugar-free Swiss Miss
L large salad with 2 oz ham and slice of ww bread
S starting picking at leftovers from my sister, so I moved away from the kitchen!
D I'm making a low-fat version of baked ziti with salad (topped with Good Seasons' fat free dressing)

Amy, Jen, Besh---good to see you all posting here this weekend.

Make it count!
Take care, eat healthy, and NEVER, NEVER GIVE UP!
DeeMarie

o

Hi,
May I join you? I have been a lurker and frustrated dieter for a while now. I am a WW lifetime member but am about 35 lbs above my goal weight :-) I recently joined WW at work but am not crazy about the leader and don't really feel that I get lots of support there.

When I saw that Dee Marie spent Thanksgiving in Smithville I just felt I had to jump in - that is where I live!! You can walk to the inn from my house. It is a wonderful area and I have been here for almost 13 years.

I really like the way that all of you make newbies feel welcome. Maybe by posting here and accounting for myself I will get myself back on track!

I look forward to getting to know all of you. Have a wonderful (rest of the) weekend!

Donna

o

Donna, by all means, please join us! You get lots of support here and a virtual kick in the butt if you request it! LOL

What a charming town you live in; my sister is in Burlington County!

Good luck with your way-of-eating.

o

Thanks Dee for the welcome! Believe me, I will request that virtual kick in the butt!! I will need it.

Burlington County, as you know, is so close to me.

Thanks for your good wishes!

Donna

o
Welcome SouthJersey Donna!

Donna, you will get a bigger welcome once the group gets back from the weekend. Stick around and watch this space!

o

WELCOME DONNA, it's always good to have a new face to get us all remotivated. I'm glad you decided to stop lurking and join in. Things are usually quiet around here on the weekend, so wait until Monday and I'm sure you will meet most of the others. On Monday we start a new thread and if you want to post some info for us to get to know you, that would be great and I'm sure many of us would post some info too. I look forwarding to knowing you.

o

Raeanne,

Thank you and Dee Marie for the welcome.

I have 2 furbabies - 12 year old Lacey is a Bichon Frise and 11 year old Moose is a chow/shep mix. There is no question that Lacey is the queen! I have been working as an administrative assistant in a hospital for the past year and am really enjoying it. It's a very nice change from the 24 years I spent working in a casino. I love to read, travel, cook and entertain. I love trying new recipes, even if they don't fit in with my eating program :-)

I look forward to meeting everyone else and getting to know all of you.

Enjoy your Sunday!

o

Looks like the Brandy Taylor virus on Diet Chat moved this thread pretty far down. I'm moving it back up....

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Diet Club Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here