SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19709659

Dieting Weekly Support 11 - 16 Nov

User
9 years ago

Good Morning Everyone,

In Canada this is our Remembrance Day. I support all military, their families, friends and our serving members that we have lost. Today is a time for reflection. I am fortunate to live in a country where I can enjoy freedom of choice, opportunities to build a good life and share multiculturalism. It is because of those who stood their ground for all of us that we have a safe country to live in. I share my remembrance with our allies, with all of you. I am grateful. May God Bless all of us and those who are in need today.

Today I am continuing a positive journey towards better health. I've hit my reset button this week to buckle down hard for a few days to get things moving in the right direction.

This week I am enjoying Julia Cameron's "The Writing Diet" from our local library. I take what I need from the books I read. Ideas, strategies or tools that can help me get my head around issues I may have with myself first and food second. Right now I am not at war with my kitchen, food or feelings. I am embracing a new journey of learning to enjoy the basics in life again. Discovering what real food tastes like. In her book Julia uses writing as a tool to help you discover why you want to eat, what is it that drives us? Are we really hungry or do we need to learn to deal with issues that we are not wanting to cope with? How are we really feeling? I never take everything to heart when I look for help and advice with my journey of self-care. I extract nuggets of ideas that fit me. We are all unique and have different reasons for why we are where we are at today. I do recommend seeking help, getting someone to share with or even just getting some books, YouTube videos or audio presentations to help you with your journey.

Today I am going to appreciate the choices I have. Today I am going to remember I have these choices because others stood their ground for our freedom. I am not living in a country at war, a community with no water.

This week ahead my "Reset" days are focused on sticking with my plan eating healthy, watching my portions, drinking lots of water, soup and getting outside for fresh air. My daily calories are being reduced for a 3 day period but they are full of veggies, fruit, simple taste with lots of flavour. Just for 3 days only I am kick starting this week.

What are your thoughts for this week? How are you doing today?
I'm here to talk to.
Cheers,
Peggy

Here is a link that might be useful: The Writing Diet: Write Yourself Right-Size

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz