Return to the Diet Club Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Weekly Weigh-in, week of 10/18/09

Posted by harold14370 (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 18, 09 at 23:27

Hello, everybody.

I had a computer crash and lost some of the old data, so please correct any errors in the following.

The results of last week's weigh-in were as follows:

Harold - Weight 196, lost 0, total lost 79
Silver - Weight 140. We'll start over this week, I guess?
Eklektos - Weight 137.5. I believe this was a loss of 1.5 for a total of 14.5.
Jasmi - Weight 132.8, lost ?, total lost 15.2
Betty - Weight 158, lost 1, total lost 22
Ivamae - Weight 169, lost 1, total lost 23

My results for this week:
Weight 193, lost 3, total lost 82
Avg. Calories: Food 1940, Exercise 246, steps 12772

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Weekly Weigh-in, week of 10/18/09

Hello all--may I join you? I've read over some of your posts and you seem like a supportive (and very successful) group. I'm starting a diet today. After some clothes shopping this weekend, I realized that it is time to get serious about losing the 15 lbs or so that have crept up on me over the years. I'm 53 (as of last Friday) and have experienced what so many do: how hard it is to get the pounds off as one gets older. I've done weight watchers in the past and still have all my materials, so I'm going to be doing a form of it on my own: counting points. In reality, I just need to cut out the junk food and sugary stuff and start to focus on simple, "real" food. I don't have a scale at the moment but have just ordered one through amazon.com. So I should be able to weigh in in about a week. Meanwhile, I look forward to chatting with you all about the ups and downs of this journey. Thanks.

o

Welcome, Marita. 53 is a spring chicken.

o

Congrats Harold on your 3 pound loss.
My weight gain was not water retention as I thought .:-)
I was 132.2 this morning .. I went back and checked the calories I had for the entire week and it made sense how I gained weight instead of losing it. Hope to lose more next week .Happy weight lose to you all.

Welcome, Marita.

o

Well, I weighed again this morning and I have lost 1 more pound. Bit by bit they are counting up. I'm so pleased for the motivation this forum is giving me.

Thanks everyone

o

'Tis the season for computer crashes, it seems.

Harold, congratulations again. You're a weight-loss machine.
Ivamae, you're doing well too.

I'll update your numbers. I was 139 last weigh-in. Then over the course of the week, I did get back down to 137.5, but it didn't stick. My official weigh-in for this week is 138.5. Not thrilled, but even small improvements are OK.

I have gotten my food journal back out and I'm writing down everything that I eat again. I had stopped doing that, and when I did, I think I let myself get larger portions or nibble a little more and that has stalled me out. I have also put up a chart on the fridge for all the world to see. Each day for the next 2 months has its own little box. Every morning, I write that day's weight in the box (again, for all the world to see). At the end of the day, if I've done well (not eaten anything I shouldn't have AND kept my calories below 1300), then I get to color that day's box purple. If I cheat, then the box has to stay white. The idea is to generate a field of purple, not a checkerboard. I think the visual challenge, posted on the fridge, will help to motivate me, and the visual of each failure will help me stay real about whether my diet is really working for me, or if I'm not working for it.

Jasmi, now that you've identified what you did last week, I'm sure you'll turn your ship around too. But as little as you are now, it may take a long time to continue to drop pounds. You don't have far to go! Don't give up. I'll bet you look great already.

o

Congrats Ivamae.

Ek, I am not able to keep my calorie intake to 1200 . If I can do that , it should be easy to lose atleast 0.5 pounds every week. Also, I am not exercising from past 2 months . I should get back to some workout routine.

Quite a few people told me that I seemed to lost some weight . But I dont look slim. My lower body needs lot of toning and that can be achieved only by exercising . I figured out I should get down atleast to 120 to lose all that flab. So 12 more pounds is a longggggggggggg way to go. And I also want to stay at that weight with minimal maintenance which is counting calories.
I like your check board idea.:-))).All the best . Again, I am happy to see you back on the thread.

o

Ivamae, well done.

Eklektos, that's a good idea with the chart. Maybe you could post that here after a month or two. For me, the journaling is essential. When my computer was down for a couple of days, I wrote the numbers down on a sheet of paper, but didn't know the calories. Actually I ended up eating less on those days, because I was afraid of going over the limit. So, I like to keep it up to date continuously so I can eat the maximum amount.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Diet Club Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here