Return to the Diet Club Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Mediterranean diet?

Posted by lavender_lass (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 23, 09 at 21:52

Has anyone had luck on the Mediterranean diet? I've tried a somewhat modified version for the last six months and I've lost about twenty pounds :) I don't eat red meat, cut down on alcohol, replaced dairy with soy and try to eat more fruits and vegetables (doing better with the fruit so far) LOL

Also, worked a lot in the garden, where I had some great veggies for a while.

Anyone else have any suggestions? Now that the weather is turning cold and the holidays are coming up, would love some inspiration!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Mediterranean diet?

I don't know a lot about the diet, except that a friend did it to lower his cholesterol. He followed it to the letter and did succeed in improving his blood chemistry numbers as well as losing 20 pounds in about 6 months. (He wasn't really overweight though--just a little heavier than he typically had been most of his life). He is now fit and trim. All I really know is that he used all whole-grains and olive oil as his only added fat. He ate mostly fish and chicken, but did do some red meat, but it was limited in frequency and portion. I don't know about dairy. And I think he cut out all or almost all sugars.
There definitely seemed to be something that worked well for him. I hope you find all the success you're looking for. Best wishes--and if you'd like, join us on the weekly weigh-in thread for encouragement and accountability.

o
RE: Mediterranean diet?

Hi Lavender Lass,

Which Mediterranean diet have you been following -- is it an eDiets one? Or a book?

I need to lose weight and that type of diet would be best suited to how i eat now (although i dont eat meat or fish, so I'd need to swap for beans). I cook with a lot of fresh veggies, wholegrains, etc, and little processed food, and like to have a glass of wine (or more than one, which is part of the problem!).

Just wondered which plan you are following. Thanks!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Diet Club Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here