Return to the Diet Club Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Wake Up Call for Women

Posted by Blueheron (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 20, 05 at 19:51

Oprah had Dr. Mehmet Oz on yesterday who talked about healthy hearts. He wrote the book, "Owner's Manual" about taking care of your body. I haven't read it but I plan to.

Anyway, he stressed the benefits of healthy eating and exercising to keep the body at optimum weight and condition. I am so glad I started WW a few weeks ago. He said that apple shape (big waist) was the most dangerous for heart attacks and that pear shapes (big rear ends) were at less risk. Well, our family has the apple shape when we gain weight!

He also said that if your waist was more than 35," you were at the danger level for heart attack. Eeek! My waist was 35" when I measured it a few weeks ago. I have lost five pounds since then and I hope the waist will start to shrink, too.

Let's do it!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Wake Up Call for Women

I saw the show too and was impressed with the way the doc presented the info....I too measured the waist/LOL I should say BELLY.....and am currently down to just below 35...from God knows what cause it was so big I didn't measure cause I didn't want to know.....

I am so tired of having to watch my food intake but all of a sudden I can see and feel the difference and it feels good.....

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Diet Club Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here