Return to the Diet Club Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
The Doc and I are both very happy!

Posted by Mush (My Page) on
Sat, Oct 16, 04 at 19:24

I have been on a low carb diet since May. I have lost 30.5 lbs. I went to the Doctor this week and he said my blood work all came back just great! My BP was also good. I am so happy. So he and I are very pleased. He said another 10 lbs. would be just right for me, so I will continue for awhile and get off the last 10 lbs. I have never felt better! Sometimes I don't even recognize myself when I look in the mirror! Now I have to start and try to change my mental image. I don't think that happens as quickly!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: The Doc and I are both very happy!

Congratulations! It is great you are taking care of things now and not waiting until things get much worse. That is so wonderful.

--Alice

o

Oh, I didn't see this before I posted asking about you! Congrats!! We are all rooting for you!

Tikanas

o

Congratulations, you must be so proud of yourself. Keep up the good work.

o

Mush which plan are U following?

o

I just watched my carbs very closely. I didn't follow the Atkins Plan to the letter but did use it as a reference. I eat yogurt with berries and nuts for breakfast or sometimes if I've the time I cook eggs. Lunch is usually a salad with Tuna or Chicken and diet Jello. I have a piece of Cheese and more Jello as a snack mid afternoon. For dinner I eat alot of Chicken or lean meats, broiled, baked or grilled with salad or grilled veggies. I have berries (strawberries or blueberries for deserts) Nonfat, no sugar yogurts and diet jello are my friends! Lots of water, lean meats, green veggies, salads with low carb dressings(not diet dressing. I just choose the ones that have the lowest carb count)I very rarely eat potatoes, bread or pasta. Thank goodness for our grill. It sure did get a workout this year! I have found that I am spending quite a bit more on groceries, but it is worth every penny. Almonds make a great snack! I will say I never feel hungry eating this way. If I get a craving for something sweet I grab some Jello and that usually takes care of it.

o

Congrats on your success! You must feel really great about yourself.

o

Wonderful news! Continued good health to you!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Diet Club Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here