Return to the Diet Club Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How do I put Splenda in Fitday?

Posted by Heidiho (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 6, 04 at 16:00

I'm trying to learn to use "Fitday" but don't see anything about Splenda. Is it a special food? There's 0% about nutrition on the back of the bag so what do I put down on my fitday chart when I have a spoonful? Thanks for your time and have a very nice evening.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How do I put Splenda in Fitday?

Heidiho,

I use fitday and love it! Splenda has no nutritional value, calories, carbs etc... at all so I don't bother entering it.

Tikanas

o

Thanks guess I'll do the same.

o

I used it as a special food entry and it gave me the following for 1 cup Splenda Granular------Calories 192, Fat 0, Carbs 48, Protein 0.

If you were just using one little packet, say in your coffee, if probably isn't enough to bother with but I use large amounts (1/4 to 1 cup) in cheesecakes, pies, breads, etc. so the calories and carbs do count. It is the filler added that makes the difference in carbs and calories between granular and the liquid splenda which I can't find. Some people substitute Sugar Free DaVinci syrups which are sweetened with Splenda to cut carbs and calories.

Susy

o

Thanks for the info Susy. I felt better not knowing this but it's something I really needed to know. No wonder I haven't been doing so well on my "so called" 1500 diet. lol!
Have a nice weekend.

o

I never thought about using it in "mass quantities" but what you say makes sense, Susy.

Tikanas

o

1 cup of Splenda granular has 96 calories and 24 grams of carbs, this according to Splenda's official website.

I've attached the link.

I've noticed that FitDay nutritional totals are from little to a LOT "off" many times whne comparing them to the actual package nutritional information.

Here is a link that might be useful: Splenda nutritional info

o

Boy, FitDay really has it high!! I have heard that before. I like the site to put in what I eat each day, to plug in recipes to get the nutritional info. We are doing Protein Power and helps to keep track of carbs and protein, the main things I watch on this WOE.

I was entering ingredients in this morning for Sugar Free Pumpkin Pie. I used the info off of the can of pumpkin which said 50 calories for 1/2 cup. FitDay told me it should be about 28 calories, so that is the number I used. Now that is a lot of difference. But since I am using the site for other things will go with their numbers and make allowances at the end of the day when I know it is off--as with the Splenda.

Thanks for the info---------

Susy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Diet Club Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here