SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lydia1959

What do you eat to maintain your weight?

lydia1959
18 years ago

I lost about 35 lbs. 2 years ago, but unfortunately managed to gain almost 20 of that back this year. I always swear it won't happen, but somehow it does.

Right now I am in a size 14/16 jeans, Medium or Large top. I'm tall which means even at the 20 lbs. less I was only 1 size smaller.

This is my ordinary days diet:

Breakfast - maybe a hard boiled egg or an apple, sometimes nothing.

Lunch - a green salad with veggies (radishes, celery, tomato) with a flaxoil/vinegar dressing I make myself (Stevia added) OR leftover meat and a low carb veggie.

Snack - consists of 2 squares dark (70% cocoa) chocolate and a handful of walnuts OR a apple.

Dinner - Meat, low carb veggies, an occasional roll or rice (I did low carb for so long I rarely have the bad carbs anymore). Maybe once a week I'll have a dessert (usually ice cream).

Snack - late at night rarely, but if I am hungry I might have some cashews (always in a little bowl, never right out of the can).

I never eat chips or drink soda. No white potatoes, no white bread. Rarely ever do I buy boxed foods like HB Helper, Rice a Roni ect. Rarely do we ever have fried foods (maybe 3 - 4 times a year). There are no cookies, snack cakes in my house. The only think I drink is water and organic coffee. No artifical sweeteners, no sugar - just Stevia. Occasionally I'll have a few beers with friends.

My question really is what happens when I lose the 20 lbs. again. How much less can I really eat, be happy and still maintain the lower weight. It just doesn't seem plausible to me right now.

I do go to Curves 2 to 3 times a week also.

So - what do you eat to maintain the weight/size you are at now? Do those of you who are a size 8 eat less than those who are a size 20?

Comments (4)

Sponsored