Return to the Diet Club Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Fall and Winter 2004 Recipes SS

Posted by aka_Raeanne (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 3, 04 at 14:09

Cauliflower Soup
Level 1 - Pro/Fat

This was posted at the official Somersizing site by Marine Wife.

I have made some personal suggestions. It is so delicous and filling.

Cauliflower Soup

2 heads of cauliflower, cut up
1 large onion, chopped
2 pieces of garlic, cut in half
2 Tbsp. olive oil
2 cans chicken broth
1 1/2. cups water
1 bay leaf
1 tsp. thyme
1/8 tsp. pepper
salt
1/4 cup heavy cream

Heat oven to 400. In a large roasting pan combine onions, cauliflower, garlic, and olive oil. Toss to coat and bake for 30 minutes. (Toss again half way through).

In a large pot add chicken broth, cauliflower, water, bay leaf, and thyme. Bring to a boil and simmer for 20 minutes.

Get rid of the bay leaf and then blend the soup in a blender. Put back in pot and add the heavy cream. Add salt and pepper to taste. Heat on low so that the cream does not curdle.

*** My own suggestions - I didn't use any water, just more chicken broth. I did add the cream, but you don't have to. I tried it before the cream and didn't notice a big difference (so maybe if you are counting calories, you might want to try it without cream first). Next time I will add more garlic, as I would like more than a hint of garlic in the flavor.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Fall and Winter 2004 Recipes SS

Thank you, this sounds yummy. I'm going to try it.

o
RE: Fall and Winter 2004 Recipes SS

This comes from Mr. Food. Sounds yummy!

Level I/Pro/Fat/Veggie

Steak Florentine
Air Date: 11/11/2004
4 to 6 servings

------------------------------------------------------------
2 to 3 teaspoons Dijon-style mustard
4 to 6 cubed beef steaks (1-1/2 to 1-3/4 pounds total), pounded to 1/4-inch thickness
1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
1 can (2.8 ounces) French-fried onions
3/4 cup (3 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon black pepper

Preheat the oven to 375F. Coat a 9" x 13" baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Spread 1/2 teaspoon mustard over each cubed steak.
In a medium bowl, combine the spinach, onions, cheese, and salt. Spread the spinach mixture evenly over the tops of the steaks. Roll up each steak from the short end, tucking in the sides while rolling.
In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, garlic powder, paprika, and pepper; mix well, then brush over the steak rolls.
Place the steak rolls in the baking dish, and bake for 45 to 50 minutes, or until no pink remains in the steak and the filling is hot. Cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices, and serve.

SERVING SUGGESTION: For a flavorful sauce, spoon warm spaghetti sauce over the steak rolls just before serving.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Diet Club Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here