SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19709659

Weekly Support 27 Oct - 2 Nov

User
9 years ago

Happy Monday!

Hi everyone,

It's my weigh day - down half a pound. I'm happy with that. Slow and steady.

Are you ready for the week ahead? If not, think about what you can do at the start of each week to help you make small changes to get you on track to your goal.

Can you prepare healthy go to snacks to grab instead of junk food? Wash up veggies and cut them into bite sizes into grab and go containers.

Do you know what you are eating this week or do you decide just before you eat? If you don't know, take a moment to check out your pantry, freezer to see what you have so think about your meals ahead of time. Are you falling short of light food options?

My go to meal for dinner right now is soup. I make a huge pot of soup on Sunday to take me through most of the week. I load it up with lentils, beans, veggies, seasonings. I have it for lunch or dinner. I am not a heavy meat eater and enjoy the variety of soup as a supplement or replacement to not having heavy meats. And it's a fantastic way of having a nutrient rich base of fibre.

My other favourite go to is melba toast, zero fat yogurts, apples, and lots of water.

In my kitchen I have a small weigh scale (got it from a charity shop), measuring cups, spoons. I use them. Yes, use your measuring tools. Do you know your portion sizes? If the one thing you start with even before you start changing your food choices - start with learning your portions. It's amazing how much everything is served up these days in portion sizes fit for two people. If you are eating on a large dinner plate switch to a lunch plate. Then downsize your servings. Half of your plate should be fiber rich, 1/4 meat, 1/4 carbs. Just making that switch can start shaking things up for you.

Are you actually thirsty or really hungry? Many people are dehydrated and don't know it. If you don't drink water - start. Add it to each meal and snack. That's an easy way to get a good 5 - 8 glasses into your day without even trying hard.

Join me this week. You can do this. Let's have some fun and pull each other along.
Cheers,
Peggy

Comments (5)

Sponsored