Daily Support Monday 10/27 - Sunday 11/2

yankandtex
15 years ago

LET'S GET THIS PARTY STARTED!

Comments (41)

• yankandtex
    Original Author
    15 years ago

OK. I want to let you know I haven't had time to read all of the post for the last couple of weeks. Sorry. According to the dr I have arthritis in my neck & it is affecting my shoulder blade? And, anyway...when I got home from the dr I felt like I had the flu. I went to bed & didn't move for a couple of days. I was actually scheduled for a flu vaccine & was too sick to go get it. LOL Anyway...

Thank you for all of your prayers & they have been heard. The VA has given Dave back the money for his heart disability that they took away. He is still fighting for the PTSD that he has been fighting for since 2000. (We just heard that St. Petersburg was discovered shredding some of the Vets documents! Oh joy!!) But, the money they took away in July is back. Dave paid off 5 bills & says we have 3 more. He is predicting that they will/can be paid off in approximately a year & then the move back to Texas can take place. Oh Happy Day! I just had to let you know & let you know what a big role you played in all of this & that all of your prayers had not gone unnoticed or unanswered!! Patti :-)

GOOD NEWS THIS WEEK!!

• wodka
    15 years ago

Patti, such good news for you and Dave regarding the VA! I hope it continues and is all settled very soon!

I hate that you have arthritis in your neck - that's a bad spot for it to be, I imagine. Hope you get relief soon!

What a beautiful weekend we had....our friend from Idaho came to visit and brought his new girlfriend with him. We loved her right off the bat. His ex-wife caused him so much pain during their marriage, was very materialistic and always wanting "more." His new friend is completely opposite, thank goodness. I love happy endings, don't you?

It has turned much cooler here, and we are under a fire alert (something about when the humidity takes a sudden drop?)

Hop Sing, the cat, is doing fine. Will go check on him before we go out of town today.

Hope everyone has good news like Patti this week. Enjoy the sunshine and cool weather!

Jan

• Related Discussions

WW's Support Monday2/5~~~Sunday2/11

Q

Comments (8)
    I have never tracked my points on a daily basis on CORE. I probably should -- my weight loss has really slowed down in the last 6 weeks. But I did lose 2.4 lbs this week. My typical daily menu -- Breakfast steel cut oatmeal w/ 2 Tbsp. raisins and 1/2 c milk Snack Apple or banana Lunch 2 eggs scrambled with mushrooms, sundried tomatoes, spinach and FF cheddar cheese Fresh fruit or Large toss salad with turkey or smoked salmon -- lots of veggies --- FF dressing with blue cheese tossed over it Afternoon snack - more fruit or carrots --sometimes, I eat one serving of FF/SF pudding here to get past the chocolate cravings. Supper WW pasta with variety of sauces -- maybe with beef, shrimp or chicken or Grilled meat with roasted potatoes and salad and veggie or Soup with salad or a sandwich on 1 pt bread (always fill the sandwich with lots of goodies --spinach, roasted red-pepper strips, cukes, FF cheese) Snack Popcorn or WW ice cream treat I use most of my 35 extra pts on dried fruit,cheese,nuts (love almonds!) wine and the occasional slice of bread or English muffin. We try lots of the WW recipes -- just got the new Comfort food cookbook. Looks good to this midwest farm girl! Not a lot of pure CORE recipes but some can be used with simple changes -- like whole wheat pasta or FF cheese. and some things -- I'll just count into my pts. I don't have the patience to count points and since I am a bit of a health food nut (we can all our own veggies and fruits --over 500 jars a year) and buy all of our meat from local organic farmers........... CORE works well for me. But you have to "shake it up" -- If you eat grilled chicken everyday for supper and a salad everday for lunch -- you will get bored quick. Cathy
    ...See More

SS Daily Support, Monday, April 11 - Sunday, April 17

Q

Comments (22)
    QOD 1 - Receptionist/Secretary/Advertising Agent/Graphic Design/Therapist/Gardener/Office Manager/Trainer/Data Input and yes sometimes I do windows!!! at a local real estate office. QOD 2 - Taxes have been done for a while, but going in the mail today - can't see giving the government money sooner than we have to. I am taking a ride to Syracuse on Sunday to visit my mother and sister for a couple of days. It will just be us girls and we are going to watch some chick flix and have a lot of laughs. I am bringing the movies Chocolat, Spanglish, My Life As a House and Under the Tuscan Sun. I am not taking the highway and going through a lot of small towns that I have never been to, so it will be a 4+ hour adventure for me. I put a deposit on a kayak yesterday and am so excited. I am using my French Lick money to buy it. I will pay for it when I go to try it out, but I have sat in one on the ground and really liked the feel of it. Suzanne - I was in Manchester Center yesterday. We had a nice lunch and did a little shopping. Of course, I thought of you. Beautiful day for a ride. If I don't get a chance to check in until next week - have a great weekend.
    ...See More

Daily Support, Monday 5/4 to Sunday 5/10/09

Q

Comments (39)
    Good afternoon! It's 91 F. and sunny here in SE Texas. Where did our "Spring" go??? Everybody has been so busy this week! I'm impressed with those of you who have stayed on your eating plan, worked out regularly, and are feeling positive about things. That's the kind of incentive and motivation I like! I attended our community center's Mother's Day luncheon today. We had a style show first, clothes from Palais Royal, then a lovely high tea/luncheon. Very much "lady foods", but it was all scrumptious! Today I sat with a table of people I've met briefly during this past year, so I had a chance to get to know them much better today. I was the "baby" at the table at 61, and the oldest one was 93. Most of the other 6 women were in their high 70's and 80's. These women are very active in the community and never seem to slow down. They are such an inspiration to me. Tonight I'm going to spend the evening with our friend Susanne helping her get things ready for our ESA state convention next week. I had promised her when Larry was so sick that I would go with her to this if he wasn't up to it, and I will. I'll be staying at night with my son and DDIL while in Dallas, and that will be the only time I'll get to see them while there, but it's better than nothing! Dee, I hope they don't dump too much extra work onto you. Time for another cruise, isn't it? LOL I'm going to see my granddaughters and son and DDIL tomorrow after cohosting a youth banjo concert at our church. Pray for me in the morning because I have to bake 5 dozen chocolate chip cookies!!!!! The doorbell just rang, and it was FedEx with a gift from oldest Dson and DDIL - 3 living, blooming African violets and a wooden collector's box. My DDIL really knows me well and Dson always trusts her taste. If I don't get a chance to post tomorrow or Sunday, I wish everyone here a Happy Mother's Day, whether you're a bio-mom, stepmom, or furbaby mom!
    ...See More

WW's Support Monday10/2~~Sunday10/8

Q

Comments (14)
    Good Morning Ladies Donna good for you on your WI. Tell your DH we all have ups and downs with diets, just don't let it get you down and keep going. Sounds like you two are having fun with changing your eating life style and that is what it is all about making it work for you :) Guess what my DD told me to go to KOHL's and look for Lee brand jeans in the Tried and True style, her and I both have booties and it is hard to find pants to fit our waist without taking them in or wearing a belt, I hate belts I am bulky enough on my own! I found them they looked great BUT they were not on sale and Lunchlady does not buy unless it is on sale and I have a coupon for extra % off. I did spy some crop pants which I love, same brand same type style and they fit great, were on sale and I had a 15% coupon AND a $10 gift card I had gotten in the mail from the store!! The beauty of these pants is they come 9/10~~11/12 sized. I have not seen that in ages, the 9/10 too tight in the waist the 11/12 just right:) That is my problem my waist is not as small as the rest of me~~I have to go up a size to fit it. I will be getting these jeans for work as soon as they go on sale since I throw away all of my trusty big ones I liked so well~~~had too or DD's would burn them LOL!! I am off to visit my mom and my brother today in the next county and wearing my new crop pants:) Also a cute fall top my quilting pals gave me. Have a good one!!
    ...See More
  • User
    15 years ago

WOW Patti! Fantastic news for the pension. TWITS!!!!! They should all be sent to Iraq or Afghanistan to see what it's all about and stop giving vets a hard time. Congratulations on that news. I am sorry to hear about your illness. May I suggest that you check out the Arthritis Society (should be online) - they have great tips for dealing with this.

Jan I am glad you enjoyed your weekend and that Hop Sing is hanging in there. Don't you like it when you see a dear friend find some happiness?

I've been inspired by the quilting forum to get my Mom's quilt moving along. I've named it Mary's Garden after her. She ignited my love of plants and gardening. This was started last fall before she passed away. Now I'm finishing it in her honour. There's a link to the pics I posted at the quilting forum if you are interested in seeing my 'box of crayons'.

I'm off downtown to do some more fall garden cleaning. This is may last week for this season. No further work until end Nov where I get to play Santa's elf with the company doing the xmas decorations for businesses. Whoo Hoo!

Have a terrific day! Do something nice for yourself and smile, smile, smile!

Here is a link that might be useful: Mary's Garden in progress

• aka_raeanne
    15 years ago

Patti - I have missed you! Thanks for getting us started and with such a positive post - YIPPEEE. I too am sorry to hear about the arthritis and the flu.

Wodka - Glad to hear your friend has found happiness.

McPeg - I love what you are working on - it is beautiful. You are a very talented lady. Keep us posted on the progress.

I have an eye Dr. appointment today. I need reading glasses and have been using $1 cheats from Target, so it is time to invest and have the pro tell me what I really need.

• milkdud_2007
    15 years ago

Good morning from cool (59 F.), sunny, and very windy SE Texas!

Patti, that's just the best news for y'all about the $$$$$! Congrats on getting it back, but we all know what hard work it was for y'all. So sorry to read about the arthritis. I've got it in my right shoulder, lower back, my old knee and both hands, and it can be a misery during weather changes, like today. Do what your dr. says, and maybe you'll feel some relief soon.

Peggy, I just peeked at the pics of the quilt, and that's going to be such a lovely thing when you're finished!

Jan, glad that you had a great weekend with your friend and his friend. Good luck on caring for the cat. You're such a good neighbor!

Raeanne, reading about your eye appointment reminded me that I need to return my glasses - AGAIN - because, while the precription is probably correct now, they still make me nauseous wearing them. They're progressive lenses, and I had never had them before and didn't get a chance to learn about them until my own glasses were made. They just don't work for me somehow. We'll see what kind of satisfaction I can get today.

I'll be out of town until Friday afternoon, beginning this afternoon. My son and DDIL are going to Corpus Christi early tomorrow morning for a sheriff's convention, so I'm going to babysit the girls. I won't be playing on the computer too much as Baby Aubrie doesn't like me to give anything else my attention! :-)

I'm taking WW/Core recipes and ingredients with me so that I can be in charge of what we eat all week. Luckily for me, both girls love the WW things I prepare.

Wishing all of you a wonderful week if I don't check in. We'll be having weekend company (stepson and his wife) beginning Friday evening, so I'm looking forward to NEXT week!

• yankandtex
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I promise to take time to look at the quilt Peg.

Thanks all for the well wishes.

Milkdud~We are going to Dallas for Christmas. Let me know if you are going to be close to there!! Love to see you!!

OK, have to run.

• deemarie5500
    15 years ago

I'm back!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Very jealous of those who: 1) live in Florida; 2) live in Florida and DON'T need to work! [sigh]

Later...
    Dee

[[[[[[[[HUGS TO THOSE WHO NEED THEM]]]]]]]]]]

• User
    15 years ago

"From Monday Evening to Tuesday Afternoon we expect close to 10 cm of snow and close to 15 mm of rain."

Great. I've not finished cutting back my hostas...they're going to go slushy by the weekend. Oh yea. At least the snow shovels are now by the back door and I brought in 3 huge kitty litter buckets with sand...just need some salt to mix in and I'm ready. After last winter's snowbanks over my head I'm still not looking forward to any snowfall. Boo!

Planted some more tulip bulbs downtown today and happily I'm almost finished cutting back those gardens.

I was thinking of getting out tomorrow but given the forecast I'll just tough it out at home working on my quilt and catching up on a wee bit of housework. There's I.O.U.s appearing in spots - my house is telling me off me thinks. You know what I love about marriage? When hubby always waits until your task is nearly done before commenting 'you should have let me done that!' - Okay. I throw my hands up, drop the vacuum, toss in the washcloth on the soaking dishes or push the laundry basket at him and thank him profusely for wanting to help since I had other things to do....and I walk out of the room....snickering to myself while heading to a bubble bath! Just love it. Or I throw his laundry at him out of the basket to fold...funny how his tone changes when I take him up on his offer. It's sooooooooo funnny. I just love marriage. It almost kills me some days. Almost as good as the time he started letting me do his laundry all the time....we were both working long hours so I decided to skip one weekend. He ran out of underwear that week. 'didn't you do laundry this week?' ... 'yea.'... 'I'm out of underwear!' .... 'oh? didn't you do laundry this weekend when I was getting the groceries?' I don't know what he wore to work that day but that night anything that didn't move got shoved through the washing machine. Teeeeeeee HHHhheeeeee Heeeeeeeeeee.......

I hope your evening is enjoyable. Hugs all round and then again.

Cheers,
    Peggy

• donna_southnj
    15 years ago

Patti and Dave - YAY!!!!!!!!!! Boo on the flu and arthritis :-( Patti, very soon I will send you a loooonng email - beware! You have no idea how much I appreciate you listening to me :-) You are the best!!!

Peg - I viewed the link, beautiful! Keeping you close in my thoughts. A bubble bath, oh, I am so jealous.....

Dee, I agree with you about Florida! We have to make a plan girl! You have been so tolerant of this bad person.

Jan, good news for your friend and yes, I do love a happy ending! Glad Hop Sing is dong well.

Raeanne, I have cheap "cheaters" too - good luck on the eye exam.

Milkdud, glad you get the DGDs again :-) I'm sorry you are having so much trouble with your new glasses.

Check in - will check in myself during the week - make it a great one!!

Donna

• User
    15 years ago

and I'm not sleeping. I cut a bunch of fabric to make yo-yo's. Remind me why I should behave with my food and NOT eat halloween candy just because DH is having some....I told him today I normally wait until the last minute when I don't have the will power not to touch them. He replaced the bag of chocolates because we polished off the first one! I asked him NOT to open it until halloween night because it's just too hard for me. So Idjut Girl is up ... at this ridiculous hour.........tomorrow at noon I'm going to check out the local AA meeting. I'm looking forward to it. I'm hoping I can apply some of their tactics towards some of my recent food weaknesses. It's time for me to start my fall/winter tune-up.

So I'm pulling out all the stops to get crafts started while I have my sewing corner set up. Want to finish this quilt top and then do 2 xmas present 'quillows' for my nieces (lap quilts that have a pocket and fold into a pillow).

Hopefully I'll be asleep before 3am...toddling off shortly to try again.

Happy Tuesday!

• deemarie5500
    15 years ago

AKKKKK, it's snowing in northern NJ! Someone pass me a ticket back to Florida! Absolutely no such thing as global warming. It's been freezing all during October. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

QOD: What will you do for yourself this week?

I'm going to catch up on all the mail, and then call some friends who have been on my mind lately. Even if I only have a few minutes or I have to leave a message. Just need to keep in touch.

Peg, how you had some rest since you last spoke to us!

Need to get back to my projects. It has been a nightmare back at this office.

Take care and check in!
    Dee

• User
    15 years ago

QOD: I went to my first AA meeting and absolutely felt it is the right thing to do in my heart. A feeling of relief and peace swept through me during the time spent. Met many smiling faces and I smiled back!

I think I was 'meant' to have insomnia this morning...by 4am I noticed emergency lights reflecting through my kitchen window. My dear friend/neighbour has many related health issues and rolled out of bed twice so his wife/friend called for help. You never know so I ran across the street and offered any help. I came home to get dressed, just in case and DH woke up and stayed up. I returned home and after 6am settled down to sleep a wee bit before my lunch meeting today. Thankfully we were asked at 7:30am to bring him home - it turns out to be 'vertigo' which he has had before. I am relieved it is not something worse.

So, I'm back from my wonderful meeting, getting up now to do the dishes (just had a healthy lunch) and then try and wipe down a few places, light 'quiet' cleaning because DH has finally put his head back down. Time to catch up around here. I'll put my head back down later.

Good news on the diet front - as more things are falling in place for me - 'taking care in all aspects' - I clicked during the meeting that I'm now mentally ready to start my WW and can draw strength from the positive energy I felt at AA. I am so pleased with myself it 'feels right'. I was worried I'd go an in my heart feel it's because my doctor strongly urged me to join. I am on the right track and ready to gain strength.

So fasten your seatbelts, I'm ready to start talking about dieting again and rejoin those of you who have also returned after this unusually trying summer. It's amazing how much we have all been through during this time.

We're having strong winds, strong rain today. Tonight the temps are dropping, new forecast is for 10-20 cm of snow before the morning rush hour (6-12"). The first snowfall of the season in Ottawa.

Dee I wish I could send you some heat in NJ but we're losing ours now too! Don't burn out at work - remember to breathe during this week. Work is always there. LOL

Thanks for listening everyone. I'm one happy camper today.
    Peggy

• deemarie5500
    15 years ago

Peg, I am so happy that you felt the connection of AA. There is a wonderful movie that you must rent "My name is Bill" staring James Woods and James Garner (as Dr. Bob). We all know that OA (Overeaters Anon) is an offshoot of AA, so watching it is so helpful for anyone who uses alcohol, food, drugs, etc. as a crutch. Work that program, girlfriend! :0)

Right now I've taken time to sit back and "BREATHE"!!!!!!! Just discovered that one of the women who is expecting a project from me is out all week. Works for me because I'm having some problems with it, and it gives me breathing room. hehe

Make tonight count!
    Dee

• yankandtex
    Original Author
    15 years ago

OK. It is almost November. Did anybody want to do gift exchanges this year or did you want that to be out? I'm on another site & there is a place on the 'Net that I'll get the URL for & post it. I don't mind being the planner this year.

Jan~I'm really glad you had such a good time with your friend from Idaho. It took me 3 times but I finally got Dave. I'm glad he got someone he can be happy with. Hope Hop Sing is still doing all right.

Peg~I loved the quilt!! Listen: Candy=comfort food & it sounds like you needed some comfort food for some days in there. I'm glad your neighbor is all right. Glad that you are so upbeat about your newest endeavor.

Raeanne~How did your trip to the eye doctor go? I missed you too.

Milkdud~Glad that you are getting to spend time with DGDs! We are coming Christmas & Dave says we should be able to move within the next year. I'm so excited!!

DeeMarie & Donna~It actually got down into the 30s here last night! That might have seemed warm to you though, I don't know. LOL

Dee~Take ClEaNsInG breaths! You are OnLy ONE woman & I don't remember you ever saying your name was SUPERwoman. LOL

Hope everyone has time to post. Hope you are having a good week. Patti :-)

• aka_raeanne
    15 years ago

Patti - The trip to the eye Dr went very well. My distance vision is fine and my reading vision can continue to be treated with over the counter glasses. I was almost disappointed because I was having fun trying on the frames while I waited. But I am happy to save the $$$- especially since I am good at losing or breaking them.

Dee - how much snow did you end up with? We got a light dusting and it is gone now.

McPeg - as always I love your enthusiasm.

QOD - I am off for a color and cut after work - that is what I am doing for myself this week LOL. My brother and his family is coming for the weekend, so most of my time will be preparing for their arrival.

• deemarie5500
    15 years ago

Happy WEDNESDAY!

Raeanne, I also need just the OTC glasses, so I buy all different frames and put them all over the house and office here.

Not more than 15 miles from this office, my colleagues drove home to 12 inches of snow and ice! October 28th????? Amazing! We had about an inch of slush, but this morning the temps were in the 40's. Still too cold for me, but I may still be sensitive because of my week in sunny, warm Florida...[sigh]

Have to get back to some hot files on my desk here.

Hope everyone is having a great day!
    Dee

• deemarie5500
    15 years ago

OK, how come when I get back you all become silent? 16 posts and it's almost thursday?

COME OUT, COME OUT, AND PLAY WITH US!!!!
    Dee

• donna_southnj
    15 years ago

Hi All!

No snow in southern NJ, just lots of cold gale force winds and driving cold rain.

Peg, glad you are happy with the AA decision and you are right, you can apply it's principles to WW or just about anything. Every morning I read a thought and prayer from a book based upon the 12 step program. ((Hugs))

I'm not much fun this week, very tired, first week back to work and it feels like I never left :-( At least today is hump day and only 2 more to go.

QOD: On Halloween I am meeting friends at a local Mexican place that has good food and good music - I need that after this week!

I will check in later - I hope our cold and windy weather is a plus in tonight's series game - GO PHILS!!

Donna

• yankandtex
    Original Author
    15 years ago

OK. It is almost November. Did anybody want to do gift exchanges this year or did you want that to be out? I'm on another site & there is a place on the 'Net that I'll get the URL for & post it. I don't mind being the planner this year.

Have a great day! Patti :-)

• deemarie5500
    15 years ago

Happy THURSDAY!

Patti, thanks for the offer to plan; however, I think that in this difficult year for most, maybe we should give extra special virtual hugs and support to each other, so that there is no added pressure to buy and ship gifts. JMHO, but most of the group is not posting regularly. Hopefully the new year will bring brighter days. Anyone have another opinion?

Decided to work from home today. I've had so many interruptions at the office that I needed a few hours of quiet to work on some report writing.

Later.........
    [[[[[[[[[MUCHO SQUEEZY HUGS]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]

• User
    15 years ago

Hi everyone!

Patti, I'd be happy just to send xmas cards given my employment and economy this year. What does everyone else feel?

I'm still seeing white outside but it's going up to 12C tomorrow, hopefully that will melt most of what has fallen. We've got 3" of the stuff still covering the lawn. Boo! (No halloween pun intended.)

Was thinking about my diet again last night in bed when a light bulb clicked - I made some lovely veggie soup, very little stock so I can have some and just add a can of chicken stock today! Whoo hooo! Working on getting back on track - my pants are getting tight and I'm still too chicken to step on the scale to see how much I've gained. I was down to a 'happy weight' but I 'feel' about 10 pounds heavier....so it's back to the trenches for this gal now.

Is anyone else getting back on track too after our crazy summer together?

Gotta flip my laundry and get dressed to get out today...going to check out xmas stuff that just come out...have a list for DH and I. Specific things not spur of the moment this year. Too expensive. LOL

Have a wonderful day my friends.
    Peggy

• wodka
    15 years ago

Good morning!

We just returned from a few days in Destin, FL, where it was so chilly, but still, just what the doctor ordered - being with good friends, laughing, etc.

Peggy, I'm ready to get my mind re-set to healthier eating and living. Not quite as enthusiastic as you are, but will work on it. Just reading your positive posts gets me thinking that I should join you.

Our friends who we were with in Destin, they get up and walk every single morning, rain or shine. She told me that was their secret to keeping the weight off. That you just have to get up and go, no matter how late you stayed up the night before, or how much you ate, etc. I walked with them when they were here a few weeks ago, but could not get going to walk in the wind and cold. When did I turn into such a wuss??? She's 5 years younger, and is in terrific shape. I always feel inspired to change after being with her, so need to keep that thought and get on with it.

My sister and her doctor decided yesterday not to restart treatment. They are going to increase her medication, and also try to get her up and walking, although I don't see how. She has lost her voice and next week a specialist is going to try to find out what is causing it. Some friends of the family brought her chicken and dumplings, turnip greens, yams, etc. last weekend and prayed over her, asked her had she reached her peace yet, and she said she was not ready to go yet. While in Destin, our friends said their minister wanted to do something for her, so I gave them her information. He might also want to visit her, and I hope my sister will allow him into her home and heart.

Hop Sing, the cat, is still alive and kicking. He talks to me now when I visit. Little old man meows. He freaks me out a bit when he slowly works his way into my lap, then moves slowly right up to my face, just inches from it. I don't know what he's thinking, but I have to make him get down......gives me the willies.

Need to get laundry started. I'm so happy not to be having any visitors or commitments for the rest of the week. Tomorrow will be our first Halloween in the new house, so do not know if a lot of kids participate or not. I guess I'm getting old, but I do not enjoy Halloween at all any more. So, guess I'm a wuss and a grump.....

• yankandtex
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Wodka~I thought that if you turn on your porch light then it means that they can stop but if it isn't on then they shouldn't expect an answer at the door?? Hope that things go all right tomorrow. Glad you had such a good time in Destin. It is down right chilly here. We aren't used to these temps & when did I get to be such a wuss? Last year I was laughing at everybody else that was crying about these temps in TX & OK when I was there. LOL

• aka_raeanne
    15 years ago

Dee - I have glasses everywhere. I found the most fun one's at Target in their clearance bin - $1. I bought about 10 pair, some with rhinestones, neon lime color, just a lot of fun LOL.

Wodka - still sending prayers to your sister - what a tough journey she is on. I am glad she is surrounded by people that love her. I think Hop Sing is in love LOL.

Patti - how nice of you to offer to be the organizer. I am thinking Dee might be right with not doing the gifts this year. Our groups has become a bit scattered. Let's see how everyone else feels. We could exchange cards like Peg suggested. Maybe they should have to be handmade hahahaha.

No Halloween plans for me and no trick or treaters :9(

BJ - where the heck are you sister?

• User
    15 years ago

Hey I like the handmade card idea - crayons suit me! It's the thought that counts - not the $5.00 card price! Anyone wanna share my crayons? Finger paints? Ironed leaves between waxed paper....oh don't get me started! I'm still a kid at heart!

• deemarie5500
    15 years ago

Raeanne, you must send me a pic of you in bejeweled eyeglasses. LOL!!!!

I am totally down with the handmade card idea. As Peg has mentioned, I work best in crayons, but from a coloring book, INSIDE the lines. My life has been inside the box!! It IS the thought, however.

Patti, are you OK to collect all our addresses and then send out the list to us?

PS: Dare we include BJ in a make-your-own holiday card exchange?!!!! LOL, that should get you out, BJ!

• User
    15 years ago

OOoohhh I love this - we get to colour! Yippeeeeee....
    Hey another thought - if you have a digital camera you could always take a local picture of something and print it...then do some finger painting, glue some sparkles uhmmmmm......

I like this!

• nhsuzanne
    15 years ago

Hi all,

Been down big time with the flu here in NH. Hit me like a ton of bricks too. I don't even think about a flu shot until November!

Patti, thanks for offering to organize our annual exchange but I think we should hold off this year too. I like Peggy's idea of cards - hand made or not.

NO Halloweeneny visitors here either. Too remote but it's fine with me. I am really wiped out right now. No matter how sick I am I still have my animals to care for and that means being in the barn at 5:oo am even when my temp is 102!
    I think I am improving as temp was down to 100 today! Doctor said to stay home!!

• donna_southnj
    15 years ago

Oh Suzanne ((hugs)) - I JUST got my flu shot yesterday.

I am SO pleased our Phillies won, my Dad was a die=hard fan, he played for the Philadelphia Athletics many years ago (long, long before my time). He also played for the Broad Street Bullies before they became the Flyers (and lots of people still call them the Broad Street Bullies!). I am a die-hard Philadelphia sports girl - love my Eagles too. Just got home from dinner at my local pub which is a total Philly sports place.

I agree about the gifts - this year is tough for lots of us. I think cards are great, even if not homemade which definitely is not my strong point.

Take care - check in - be good and all of that!

Donna

• milkdud_2007
    15 years ago

'Evening, ladies! I'm back from Beaumont where I had no access to my hotmail account and was also unable to log in to thathomesite.com! I missed y'all!

I had a wonderful, but very tiring, time this week. The grandbaby, Aubrie, is a wonderfully fun and interesting 2-yr. old, always full of surprises and just exhausting all at the same time. She is talking like crazy now, in fairly complete sentences. She comes from a family of chatterboxes, so why am I surprised?

I got to meet Alexis's teacher for a conference yesterday, and it went great. I learned so much because I wasn't worried about asking things while her parents were. I got to watch her cheer for the first time, too, and that was so special! But, I'm very happy to be home because I didn't get enough rest.

Peggy, I'm cheering for you because you're making all good choices right now. Sorry about the cold weather though.

Dee, ditto for you about the weather. UGH!

Suzanne, hope you're on the mend now and feeling better as you head into the weekend.

Donna, you're almost to the weekend, so hang in there!

Raeanne, I'll bet your hair looks wonderful with the new cut and color!

Jan, I hope that your sister finds some peace and comfort somehow. I'm so happy that the old cat is hanging on. I'm not a cat person, so that would creep me out, too.

I've spent about 30 minutes this evening making "Boo" bags for 3 couples with whom we have dinner and play Canasta often. I'll deliver them tomorrow when I know they're not at home and surprise them.

Hubby's son and DIL are coming tomorrow evening for the weekend. The wife wants to go to the big quilt show in downtown Houston on Saturday. She'll be meeting hubby's x-wife there, so I'll just be on my own since hubby and his son want to do things with just each other. Fine with me because I'll enjoy the rest!

Patti, I'd just as soon not exchange gifts this year also. I have so much stuff anymore and I'm trying to live by the premise of "Simplify", and gift exchanges don't encourage that! I still do scrapbooks, but otherwise, I don't collect much anymore at all.

Well, I've got to get up tomorrow and go vote, then stop by and talk to the woman about my eyeglasses. I tried them all this week, under every kind of condition, and they just make me feel awful. I'm sure that the prescription is right now, but I think it's the thing about the "progressive lenses" thing that bothers me so much. There's just too much blurriness all around the central vision area. UGH!

We'll probably have around 50 trick-or-treaters tomorrow evening if last year is any indication. Of course, it is also football night, so that may cut down on the numbers. I've bought popcorn balls for hubby to hand out. We don't have any plans since we'll be expecting company sometime during the evening.

Wishing you all a great Friday!

• nhsuzanne
    15 years ago

Happy Halloween! Trick or treat?

I am going to attempt going into work. Feeling pretty okay this morning and it should be fairly quiet. We shall see.
    I don't even need a costume today as I look like an old hag or really death warmed over!! LOL

• deemarie5500
    15 years ago

[[[[Suzanne!]]]] Feel better and try to take it easy.

HAPPY HALLOWEEN! I had to stop at the store to buy more candy because DH ate lots and lots of the candy already (OK, my hand dipped into the Tootsie midgie bowl).

Good to see everyone post.

Donna, was so happy to see the Phillies win. Did you go to JP Whalen's? I think that was the name of the place that my sis took me to. Loud, crazy, and lots of fun!

Later........
    Dee

• aka_raeanne
    15 years ago

Milkdud - my DH had those lenses once and felt the same way - he just could not adjust to them. Glad you had a nice visit.

Suzanne - ((((HUGS))) glad you feel well enough to attempt work, but take it easy today. You already put in a full day before you even go to work (with taking care of the farm).

Donna - I am happy that your team won too.

McPeg - did you get your fingerpaints and crayons out yet LOL.

I have a full afternoon of cooking after work today. Trying to get things ready for my family's arrival. I have to make kid friendly foods and lots of it LOL.

• User
    15 years ago

Booo!

Happy Friday

I'm feeling happy, happy, happy! It's so great doing one positive step forward after another and reinforcing each step along the way with honesty to myself. I feel like I'm on a roll now. Just hope to continue this for the long haul. It's like making new habits.
    As for the crayons, I've never put them away! They are always out!

Who wants to collect the postal details for the cards? I'd be happy to do that and then email the list back out once done. My email is on my members page for members only.

Well my gardening is finished downtown - there is too much snow on the ground to do anything other than pack up the gear now. Time to focus on the house. I have to have something productive to do with my time - in a work schedule. It's vital for my mental health. And I'm looking forward to going to my AA meeting next Tuesday. It is an older group who are super kind. I really like them. I still can't believe it is a 10 minute walk from my house! How great is that?

I feel blessed these days. I hope my parents can see me down here making strides forward, not fighting any more and taking better care. My Mom was so tired of my fighting with my sister - I think it broke her heart. Yep, I'm also happy because I'm finding my faith again and believe my Mom is with family above. It's comforting and makes me happy she is no longer suffering and getting to be with my Dad.

I just feel like hugging everyone today. I love ya so much!

Happy Halloween, Happy Friday!
    Peggy

• wodka
    15 years ago

Peggy - I just love that you are so happy! Plus, I'm envious of how good you feel. Congratulations and keep going on the right path!

Halloween - Darn. I do this every year. Buy too much candy, have mixed emotions of dread and excitement. My husband was so cute - he came home early from work and had bought lots of candy. Tonight was the first Halloween in our new house, that we moved in almost a year ago. First time we've celebrated since Katrina. We built a fire in our outdoor fireplace, bought lots of candy, sat outside and waited for the little kids. It's 8:17 p.m and we've had a total of three trick-or-treaters. I guess I'll cut off the lights in a minute or two.

Granted, our house is in a new part of the subdivision, and there's very few of us here. But we couldn't have been more "lit up." The three that visited us were adorable, and very polite. Maybe next year, we'll have more neighbors.....

Whatever, why do I dwell on things like this?

• yankandtex
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Rabbit, rabbit! LOL When nobody else is posting it is easy to be first.

I don't mind getting all of the info together or Peg can do it. Either way is fine by me & I love the idea of doing cards. Right up my alley!

We have a busy, busy week this coming week. You may not see me around. But, I'll be here in spirit. And, I'll be back. :-) Have a good weekend.

• donna_southnj
    15 years ago

Rabbit rabbit!

Patti, I hope your busy week is filled with good stuff?

Milkdud, enjoy your "own" time this weekend. I hope you can get that glasses thing situated, that's no good feeling out of whack and blurry.

Jan, too bad on the trick or treaters. I live in a pretty large development and I did not give out candy this year or last year. I used to get over 100 kids every year and it was fun. Then van loads of big kids from other areas started coming. The last year I gave out candy cute little kids came the first hour or so then it was all big kids, bigger than me. Some of these big kids didn't even bother with a costume, just came carrying a pillowcase. That's when I said that's it!

Last night I did go out to a local Mexican restaurant which is very good and the staff is wonderful. Unfortunately I was exhausted all day yesterday. The entertainment was late arriving so after 2 chocolate martinis and some flautas I headed home and was in bed by 9:00 - fun aren't I?
    Today I'm still tired but not exhausted.

I hope no one is posting cause they are enjoying a beautiful Saturday. On my agenda today is the gas station and dry cleaner...no one is entitled to that much fun so don't be too jealous :-) Tonight, I'm heading about 20 minutes north to a bar and restaurant where a good friend sings - he is also a very good singer and packs the place.

Have a great day everyone - check in!

Donna

• wodka
    15 years ago

Okay, it's not good to have Almond Joys and coffee for breakfast, is it? Got to get rid of this leftover candy! My husband is even worse than I am - there are trails of candy wrappers all over the kitchen!

Donna, I think I'm with you and this will probably be the last Halloween we participate in. Thanksgiving and Christmas are much more my "thing!" Cannot wait!

My mother was telling me about some candy recipe that was called Cat Litter and I thought I was going to gag, since this marks first week of catsitting Hop Sing. I think I mentioned the automatic litter box is not working?

• User
    15 years ago

Happy Saturday, Nov 1st and Rabbit Rabbit back to you too!

Today is my first official day of back on Weight Watchers. I am point counting and weighed myself. Did not gain back as much as I thought (must have been retaining water). I ate as much candy as I felt like it last night until I actually looked at it and went yeach. Got it out of my system. The great part is those wee little chip bags work out to 1 point (they are that small). So I know they are a WW treat size. As for the other items - I gave away the stuff that my knees buckle at first, very little left.

I'm still feeling on a high from going to AA last week and looking forward to my next meeting and getting a sponsor. It gets easier as I make my mind up to keep up with surrounding myself with friends like all of you, making new positive friends and thinking positive thoughts.

Had a moment of set back dealing with the estate/my sister on Friday but I got over it quickly and returned to my state of mind - I can't fix your pain and may God Bless You to find some inner peace. That's all I can do to deal with her now. I have let it go. Another major milestone.

It's sunny today, I just had a late lunch/breakfast. Making DHs breakfast and I think I'm going for a walk after this to take advantage of the sunny afternoon before it's all gone.

Enjoy your weekend!
    Cheers,
    Peggy

• User
    15 years ago

Good morning! I love waking up 'an hour earlier'...It's sunny but cool this morning, 37F/3C is our high today. Looking outside there is another bash of leaves to rake, sweep off the patio and a few things to finally rip out or cut back in the garden.

I weakened last night on the leftover Halloween candy but today is a new day. I did count all the treats on my tracker and they blew yesterday out of the water but looking at the overall weekly bonus points if I can manage to get better at behaving this week and continue to track and 'think' I will eventually get back on this or at the very worst - run out of candy! LOL Either way, I am tracking my points, weighing myself which means I am back at it. I know I can get there - this is just a start. I did gain back 7 pounds over the summer which is why this fall/winter tune-up has been incorporated as part of my lifestyle each year with the remainder of the year being maintenance.

On a lighter note 2 positives from deciding to join AA and stop all drinking - it should be easier to maintain my weight because beer in the summer just goes to my hips and abdomen which is an easy 5 pound gain over the summer and the values from AA can be applied to my weight loss goals. The positive reinforcement I get from taking care of that aspect of my life can be applied to my eating better and weight health.

I can do this. I know I can. I am still looking forward to my meeting on Tuesday and I will be posting my weight loss weekly, probably on Mondays - so a week this Monday I will report in.

As a close friend of mine says -

Love and light to you,
    Peggy

• milkdud_2007
    15 years ago

Good afternoon! It's sunny and 78 degrees here, and I'm seriously considering a much-needed nap before going out to dinner at our favorite Mexican restaurant.

Our company has gone back home. I decluttered my closet last night, or as I like to now say, I "deguilted" my closet of all too-large clothes, and sent them all home with hubby's DIL. She was thrilled to pieces to get so many things, and all in good condition, and I was relieved to see them go to somebody who really wanted and needed them. There's no turning back now, girls! LOL

I didn't get to early-vote Friday after all, so now I'll be one of the many standing in line on Tuesday casting my ballot for the lesser of two evils. IMHO! Tomorrow morning, I go back to my new eye dr. (with my prescription and new glasses in hand) for a visual field screen and to analyze what the problem is with these glasses. I also plan on doing some major clothes shopping for me because now I officially have very little to wear! I'll also look around and see if I can possibly come up with gifts for the family for Christmas.

Peggy and Jan, I'm like you - if that candy is there, it has to be MINE until it's gone! Dangerous. We now have nothing "treat-y" to eat, so I'm safe until we have Thanksgiving company.

We had about 75 T or T'ers this year, about half of which were "big kids". I was eaten alive by mosquitoes in spite of frequent applications of bug-repellant. I'm still itching today even with hydrocortisone cream on them.

Well, I wish you all a wonderful Sunday, and I'm going to go nap now!

Sponsored