Return to the Diet Club Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
SS Support Mon. Oct. 16th through Sun. Oct. 22nd

Posted by nhsuzanne (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 16, 06 at 8:14

Good Monday morning all,

Besh, what a great idea! A letter writing campaign. Someone will have to get me some addresses as I have very few of them. I am in though - I love to write letters.

Speaking of writing, I wrote another article for our club newsletter this weekend and will send a link as soon as it's posted to our website.

I had a busy weekend trying to get things buttoned up for winter. It's a slow process because I want to play with the horses........it's lovely riding weather and I want to get as much time in the woods as I can right now for gun hunting season is looming...........ugh..........no place is safe for anyone or anything. I hate it.

I have a major deorating itch going on and I am going to be putting some new paint on the walls in my dining room and family room soon. I am going to order samples today. I want yellow but yellow is so fickle and looks so different in different lights so I need to take my time.

I have to run so if someone will email me addresses I will start my campaign.

I'll check in later.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: SS Support Mon. Oct. 16th through Sun. Oct. 22nd

Happy MONDAY!

I'm in for those mailing campaigns....for those of you don't have time for long letters, how about "Miss You" cards. I think that would be a great idea! I think I have one or two MIA addys. Marci and/or Raeanne probably have lots more.

Only did 2 loads of laundry this weekend, as we were very busy.

Friday night we went to the Meadowlands Racetrack for a fund-raiser. Ate in a lovely restaurant and bet on each of 10 races...I did not win one cent! We had a ball though.

Saturday, we traveled with our Dept.56 SnowVillage club to a Christmas Store in Connecticut, where we shopped and saw great demos on putting villages together. I actually got some holiday shopping done too!

Yesterday was the JETS/Miami game. My voice is almost gone from yelling, and the weather felt more like late November. I'm glad my team won, and as a bonus, the METS won last night, so DH and I are happy campers this morning. :-)

I'll bet Donna is having a wonderful time. I love vacations this time of the year.

If you are MIA and reading this, please just post a quick "hello"....no pressure here.

Take care, eat healthfully, and NEVER NEVER GIVE UP!
DeeMarie

o

I am at work, but when I get home I will get addresses out to you. I know I don't have Milkdud's info.

Suzanne - My kitchen, living area and upstairs hallway are in an open space, and I painted the entire area a very pale yellow. We made the painter come back because we swore he missed a spot, but it was just the way the sun was hitting it LOL. I love the color. Hunting season didn't start here yet, but my hiking days will be over when it does start.

Dee - I did 3 loads and then we lost our power for a few hours. It also put off having my pot roast until tonight.
Sounds like you had a great weekend, although not too profitable LOL. I also love vacations this time of year. When DH had a normal job we used to vacation in May/June and Sept/Oct all the time, no crowds, etc.

I had a pretty quiet weekend. Friday was a rehearsal for our annual variety show, Saturday I worked and then went to dinner with friends and yesterday was a little housework and the highlight was a ride with DH to Lowes and WalMart LOL.

Milkdud - where are you?

Jen - let us know how you and Galen are coping when you get a chance - still thinking of you.

How is everyone doing with their WOE and exercise routine? Are you brave enough to answer this one.

o

I have some updates to give on the MIA's.

Tikanis - is busy organizing her business and has no computer time right now. She was trying to get on this past weekend to say Hi, so I didn't want to say anything and ruin her grand entrance LOL.
Gretchen - is still very busy with her kitchen remodel, but will be back.
Joanne - checked in last month and has her plate full as always.
Please add to the MIA list below:
BJ
Patti
Amy
John
Milkdud
Magic Kitty
I've been thinking of some real old time SSers like: Pam from NC with all her funny highway construction stories, Sonya the flight attendant, Deb from TX, NJ Karen, Malena, HappyTo, there were so many others, but I am experiencing brain fog right now.

o

Hi All,

Thanks so much for all the thoughtful concerns. DH is not doing well with this at all. I had no idea how close him and his best friend is. I am just trying to be supportive. I know that it will take time, but I just don't know what else to do. I am giving him some space, but sometimes I wonder if that is the right thing to do. Any suggestions?

I better run, work is screaming.

THANK YOU so much for your support. Miss you all!

Jen

o
Jen.............

Jen, while I was dating my DH, he lost someone close to him and was very sad over it. I told him to talk about it and tell me any stories about this man..when and if he wanted to; otherwise, I would leave him alone. He seemed OK with that, but it was a week or two before he really opened up and told me stories about what a difference his friend has made in his life. My DH is not a big talker, so that's why I handled it this way. Not sure if Galen is different than Ed.

Best wishes to both of you during this difficult time.

o

Jen - I can't pretend to know how Galen feels, but I think you need to be honest with him and tell him you don't know what to do and that you will give him space, but that you are there for him if he cares to talk about it. It is a tough thing and everyone grieves so differently.

o

Hi everyone,

I haven't read much, but will come back later and read and post more. Just wanted to drop by and let everyone know all is okay here, in case anyone was hearing about the earthquake. the effects were mild on Kauai, no outages or anything. Back in a few hours,:)

Amy

o

Amy,

I am so glad that you checked in. I have been thinking about you ever since I heard the earthquake news. I'm glad that things are ok. Don't stay away so long. :-)

I'm all for sending cards to our other MIA's. I also need addresses. I don't think my email works through this site for some reason. I have tried to email Marci and Suzanne I emailed you over the weekend and I don't think that you got it. Anyone that knows my email, could you please email me some of the other addresses. Thanks.

Have a great day,

Love, Besh

o

Good Morning All,

Besh, I did not get your email and I have checked my spam folder. Sorry. I don't have any MIA's addresses. This is a sad state!! We will figure this out.

Amy, I am glad you check in. I was wondering if you were affected by the earthquake. I am glad you are well. Don't stay away so long.

Jen, you have gotten some good advice. Grieving takes on many faces and I know it's hard to sit and watch. Men are so different than women in the way they express themselves. I am sure Galen knows you are trying to be supportive and I am sure he doesn't have a clue right now how anyone can help. Grieving is a process and it's different for everyone. In time he will come to terms with his friend's death. It was so sudden and there was no chance to say goodbye.......it's difficult. Hang in there he will be alright but I would advise you give him his space.

I am so happy that Monday is over. I had a tough day yesterday and everyone around me seemed to be in a foul mood to top it off!! I can't stand these dark days.......

Someone send me addresses please!!

o

Suzanne & Besh - I sent you some addresses. Let me know if you don't receive them.

Dee - do you need addresses too?

I don't have milkdud's address.

Amy - I'm glad you are safe - I thought of you immediately and then heard your island was safe.

Suzanne - I know what you mean about this time of year. I had to go workout in the dark this AM and didn't like it one bit. I am going to change my time to an hour later.

Enjoy your day!

o

Hi Raeanne, Yes, I could use the addresses. Will work on cards this weekend.

Felt great after my workout yesterday but this morning my left thigh went a bit numb again. I have a varicose vein that sticks out on that side and I'm sure that's what causes it. My circulation is really bad in the left leg from a bad injury I sustained in 1985 at the front of the calf......2 docs told me to buy support hose, so I'm not alarmed about it, but it does feel weird touch skin that is numb doesn't it?

WHERE IS TIKANAS? We miss you!!!!

As my oven is broken (broiler and gas top works tho!), I'm grilling center cut pork chops for dinner this evening out on my deck. Thinking about the marinade....oriental I think...fresh ginger, garlic, sesame oil, a bit of soy sauce. I'll make a side of brown rice and steamed fresh cauliflower or green beans. What are you guys making?

Make today count.
Dee

o

Hi,

Thanks Raeanne. Got your email. I will send some notes this week. I have a couple of addresses too that I will send your way, or anyone elses that would like them.

Dee, email me, so I can email you back. For some reason I can't email through this site, and I don't have you in my address book. Sorry about your leg. I have one that goes numb now and then, because of sciatica. It is strange to scratch it, and feel nothing. Your dinner sounds great. I made a pasta sauce today and that is what we had for dinner. No low carbing in this house tonight!

Suzanne, was Tuesday any better?

Jen, I hope that you and Galen are doing well. There were some boys from Salem that got killed in an awful car accident last night. I had one of them in school and the lone survivor is in DS class. They were speeding and not wearing seatbelts. So sad.

Got to go watch Friday Night Lights with DS. Any Desperate Housewives fans this year? It has been really good.

Love, Besh

o

Hi all,

Not sure what all to say since I've been away so long. At least you still remember me. :D

Re the way of eating question. I've changed my way of eating at least several times in my life, this most recent being lower carb. I try to keep it under 75, but don't always succeed. If I go very low, my heart gets more irregular, which makes me concerned. I don't eat desserts or junk snacks and deny myself things I want, like muffins, but don't feel like I'm getting the results now that I should given my diligence. I've kept my calories lower than what I'm theoretically supposed to be eating for most of my life. I wish the whole thing worked for me like it's supposed to.

My relationship with that guy I've talked about for the last three years is difficult for me now. I don't think anything really bad is happening, but the closeness we had has pretty much ended over this last year, so I'm going through a grieving process, facing that some things I thought would last, didn't. Lots of my old issues have come up and it's been harder than I expected.

I've been working on my art still so that part is good. Still not over the top, though. My younger son is going to be doing seminars on open source tools for .NET, and his first one is tomorrow on NUnit. Still haven't heard from the older one for three years now, though I've sent things, called, and left messages.

Heather is still good, and I just ordered her some kitty food from the net that is supposed to be a healthy mix that is close to what kitties eat in the wild. I'll post this and then read more.

I've planted another garden with lettuce, tomatoes, parsley, zucchini, broccoli, green onions, cauliflower, and different types of flowers, including a purple hibiscus bush and a yellow one.

It's a good time of year here. Does anyone know what the story is with Happyto? Haven't heard about her in some time. She was here when I first started and had lost 80 lbs, but then ended up gaining it back when she started eating carbs again. And I remember when her husband passed and she got involved in her church, but I don't know what happened after that.

Amy

o

Happy WEDNESDAY!

Amy, so good to see you post. It's wonderful that you hear from your son. Remember to concentrate on the things that give you joy. You deserve it!

Raeanne, thanks for the e:mail.

Besh, I sent you an e:mail. Not sure if you'll get it. I do send through some jokes to you (maybe once a week) and not sure you're getting them. Let me know.

Need to go to a diversity meeting here.....during my lunch hour. Why are companies scheduling meetings during lunch now? They used to buy you lunch; now they state "feel free to bring your lunch". What nerve, huh?

OK, I'm going to make this positive, as negative thoughts make me feel miserable.

Make today count everyone!

"Let a smile be your umbrella, but don't get a mouthful of rain."

o
Heard from one of our MIA's

From MAGICKITTY:

"Sorry Dee..... I have been away most of the summer in Ohio with no computer. Now back in FL setting up the house for sale and getting back to work. Then was without a computer cause my laptop broke and am now set up with a new PC. I will stop by the site and say hello. I will make an effort to catch up too. Looking forward to hearing how everyone is. Any plans for another get together/meeting coming up? It has just been an unexpected crazy year for us and will get hectic again once we sell the house and have to house hunt again.

Take care and will write soon."

o

Good Afternoon,

Dee, what did I tell you about talking to yourself!! LOL

Thanks for sharing MagicKitty news. I guess everyone is having a crazy year.

Okay, so what shall we talk about today? LOL

o

Hello Suzanne.......how are you? I am fine this wet and windy morning. Actually got a 30-minute walk in...my neighbor wanted to punk out of it, but I convinced her to go halfway. It was a wild walk, but I felt great about doing it.

QOD: Whats up for the weekend? Tonight and tomorrown it's dinner with friends. Sunday is JETS vs Detroit. In between, I have more paperwork to catch up on, and I'm going to start drawing out my plans for our Christmas Snow Village...convinced DH to let me put smaller villages around the house. Lighting up smaller villages should be much easier.

OK, let's have the rest of you check in please!

Take care, eat healthfully, and NEVER NEVER GIVE UP!
DeeMarie

o

Good Morning Dee,

I am fine. I am dragging as I was at a carriage club meeting until midnight and my alarm still goes off at 4:30am! Ugh.
It's wet and very warm here. We are expecting alot of rain and wind today. what a perfect day to be in bed with a good book and two Siamese cats!!

Good for you for motivating your friend. I need some of that motivating right now myself.

QOD: Housework. I have a decorating bug and I need to get the house in order so I can start painting my dining room and hallway and eventually my family room. I am gassed up about it. I hope to get a ride in Sat and Sun too as riding during the week is long gone........sigh.

o

Hi Everyone!!

I am home - finally. We had a wonderful time with fabulous weather but it is always great to be home. Right now catching up with stuff around the house on this warm and very wet Friday. Will read, catch up and post later.

Donna

o

Hi Dee & Suzanne - can I join in? LOL

QOD - Tonight: Variety show rehearsal, Saturday: workout with trainer, work and dinner with friends, Sunday: housework and laundry unless something better comes my way.

Dee - WTG with convincing your friend!!! I am heading to the gym this afternoon.

Suzanne - did you decide on a color?

Magic Kitty- if you are lurking, please post - we need more info!

Enjoy the day!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Diet Club Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here