Return to the Diet Club Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WW Program - Mon. 10/24 - Sun. 10/30

Posted by MaryAnnTX (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 24, 05 at 8:10

I hope the SS Support group doesn't mind me copying them with the weekly thread! It's a great idea and a good way to all stay in touch and support each other.

I have lost 2 lbs. so far, but haven't been on the program for a week yet. I'm feeling great and already feel like I have more energy! That's probably more in my mind than physically, and more due to my exercise than diet. but it helps to keep me on track with my eating.
I hope you all have a great week and check in here to let us know how you are doing and any tips or ideas you might have for food choices, etc.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WW Program - Mon. 10/24 - Sun. 10/30

Two pounds for the week is great MaryAnn...I usually make my weigh in on Friday so I'll post later in the week.I was terrible with my food plan all week though so I am now back on track and eating right..We have had lots of company in the last week or two and I used that as an excuse not to eat on plan.....

So far this week I am right on and hope it will be a good week...One thing I read or heard yesterday while watching FitTV was that the artificial sweetner does the same thing to your blood sugar level that regular sugar does.......Anyone aware of this.....I ask because even though I am not a diabetic I think I could easily become one because of several factors.....

Hope everyone is doing really great....

o

Good morning WWer's!

Ruth, I am weighing in on Wednesdays, so I'm not quite at one week yet. I just had to weigh before the end of my week!

Jammer was home last night so I cooked and ate more than I normally would at the meal. But I didn't snack later as I usually do, so I ended up using exactly 20 points. Tonight is my book club meeting and tomorrow I baby sit for the twins, so my schedule will be mixed up for awhile.

I haven't heard about the artificial sweetener. But then, I also have no idea what my blood sugar levels are. I'm assuming they are normal.

Hope everyone is doing well on the WW program. Check in here to let us know what you're doing!

o

Good Wednesday morning. Where has everyone gone???
Today was my weigh-in day and I lost 2.5 lbs my first week. I managed to walk and exercise 3 days. I sure hope to do better this week!

Check in to let us know how you are doing!

o

I made a little roast chicken yesterday and also made stuffing, mashed potatoes, etc. I tried to eat a small amount, though. I use the gravy packets (Knorr) instead of making it with flour and fatty chicken drippings. It's only my husband and I at home.

Tonight, I had chicken and waffles. I bought the Kashi GoLean 7 grain waffles which are 170 calories for two but I only ate one. They are pretty good.

What do you eat when you eat out? We go out to eat for lunch a lot and I always have to figure out what to eat. Restaurants don't usually have a fish entree for lunch, unless it's a fish sandwich which is a no-no. And I get tired of chef's salads. Some have too much stuff on them anyway.

Today I had a shrimp salad which was good, but who knows how many calories it contained because of the mayo. I know Subway uses light mayo, but I don't know how many other restaurants do. I think it's as good as the regular mayo.

o

Good Thursday morning!
Blueheron, I think it is so much harder to watch your calories, points, etc. when you eat out. And some salads can be very deceiving! Always get your salad dressing on the side, so you can limit the amount. I try to avoid anything fried of course. Some restaurants will let you order a child's plate and that is usually enough for an adult!
I have a link on one of my webpages with foods and their nutritional values, or WW points. You can look over some of these and maybe make some good choices about lunch. WW info

o

Thanks for the sites, MaryAnn,

I have another question: I noticed that the Core Plant omits orange juice. I am on the Flex Plan, but I was wondering if I should not drink OJ, either. I know it contains a lot of sugar, even if it's fruit sugar. What do the dieters drink to get their vitamin C? I know sweet peppers and other veggies have vitamin C, but I don't know if I would eat them every day.

o

I've never done the core program, blueheron, so I'm not familiar with it. I simply count points and make choices using that system. I keep a big bowl of apples and oranges in my kitchen and usually eat at least one of each every day. I also take one vitamin a day. I guess I could add a Vitamin C every day, but have never felt that I needed it. I may pick up C and Calcium tablets this weekend and start taking them anyway. I know I need the calcium!

I've decided the more I eat, the more I want! I've been doing so well for the past week with my food choices. Yesterday my boss took me out for lunch and I ate more than I should. Later in the afternoon we had a cake at work and I ate a piece of it even though I felt stuffed! And when I got home I ate more than usual. Needless to say - I went over my points for the day! Good thing we have flex points! I usually don't use them, but definitely did yesterday!

Hope you all do well today on your WW!

o

Okay, where are all the WWers? I hope you haven't all left me here by myself. Or maybe you all have something more exciting to do. LOL

I've been pretty good this weekend so far. In fact I'm not even that hungry. Maybe my stomach is shrinking! I haven't done any exercises, but have been doing lots of work around the house.

o

Orange Juice and Core: The reason it's not on the core list is that on core you can eat/drink as much of the foods as you need to feel satisfied. You can drink up a lot more calories that way than eating the oranges themselves. (caloric density) Since you're doing Points, it's perfectly okay to 'drink' your oranges as long as you're counting the points for it.

I do fine all day long. Then comes the evening and night time. I have insomnia and wake up often during the night and have to eat. Surely does add up, so right now I'm maintaining.

Good luck, all.

Shirley

PS: MaryAnn: Now that I know that you have this WW thread going, I'll try to remember to come here and keep you company.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Diet Club Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here