SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19709659

Weekly Support Oct 6 - 12

User
9 years ago

Good morning Everyone!

Welcome to another week of "let's take another kick at the can" health journey. Now we're starting fresh with no regrets from the weekend or last week. Wipe the slate clean, dust yourself off and let's take another step forward with our personal goals.

It doesn't matter where you are at, it doesn't matter if join in posting or just lurk - we are in this together pulling each other along. One step, one moment at a time.

This week I'd like to go back to some basics so we can prepare ourselves for success.

Planning Ahead

How do you plan ahead for success? Here are some of the things that I do to help myself achieve success.

Portion sizes

I use kitchen measurements all the time so I can be sure of my calories or ww points. I have a small little kitchen scale purchased from a charity shop that I set to zero with a small bowl onto (I use it to measure my yogurt, cottage cheese etc) or I reset to zero for a small plastic plate. I am working on learning normal portion sizes. Dinner I use a lunch plate all the time.

Did you know that since the 1970's our portion sizes have continually increased thanks in part to savvy marketers pushing their over sized products, restaurants selling us more than we can eat. What is served on average on large dinner plates would not be normal half a century ago. What sized plate are you eating on?

Do you know what an appropriate serving size is? There's a great example of a printable sheet from WebMD.

(Tip - if you want to post links you have to go to preview your message and then scroll down below your article to see "Optional Link URL:" where you paste in the website address and then give it a title below that.)

How is Peggy doing this week? She has maintained her weight.

Happy with that because inches are moving. I'm staying the course. This morning I am planning what I want to eat today, going to wash up and prepare some raw veggies to nibble on, I have soup for lunch in the fridge, washed fruit and my measuring utensils ready to go.

How are you today? Do you have any portion tips you can share?

Let's have a great day today! C'mon and take my hand - I'm reaching out to you to join in!

Cheers,
Peggy

Here is a link that might be useful: Printable Wallet Portion Control Size Guide - WebMD

Comments (14)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio