SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shymilfromchi

Juice diet

shymilfromchi
11 years ago

I have a virus that has made it impossible to eat. It has lodged in my tongue and is very painful. So, until it can be alleviated, I have put myself on a juice diet.

We got in a large variety of fruits and vegetables and bought a juicer. I have an eight ounce glass of juice four or five times a day. I can force the juice down. It doesn't always taste good if I get the wrong mixture. I put in all kinds of green leafy vegetables, bokchoy, broccoli, tomato, carrots, ginger, or anything else that I want. Sometime its all fruit, apples, pears, kiwis, berries of all kinds and that is delicious. Protein powder can be added too.

What I didn't know until I started researching the juice diet, is that it detoxifies the body. My weight is falling off dramatically. The claim is that, as fat is lost, it doesn't leave the body saggy. The detoxing can have symptoms, tiredness, backache, and other stuff while the detoxing is going on, but then you get more energy.

There are two kinds of people who can do well on the juice diet, those who like vegetables, and those who like vegetables and also some meat. People who require a lot of meat protein shouldn't use this diet.

I expected to be miserable with only the juice, but I have lost my taste for sugar, and can watch my husband have a big meal without any desire to join him. I feel healthier than I did before the diet.

I felt compelled to try this diet or starve, but I'm loving what its doing for my body. To keep the weight down, it will require you to eat raw fruits and vegetables along with your meals after you finish the juice diet. If anyone is interested in it, research it first. There is a lot of information about it on the Internet.

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Ed Ball Landscape Architecture
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars30 Reviews
Exquisite Landscape Architecture & Design - “Best of Houzz" Winner