SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19709659

Please give me strength

User
15 years ago

You are all very dear to me. I am having a tough time dealing with sibling rivalry right now - most of which I believe is self-inflicted in my head. I don't want to fight over the most trivial things in my Mom's estate. I have packed the car today with almost everything I can find to take over to my sister (Sister is the OCD freak in the family). Technically as executors we have to itemize items remaining. My sister, I believe, wants to come 'shopping' in my home to list things that are not part of the estate. My mother's residence is legally HER address since the she moved there over the winter. (This is an ongoing story for anyone new.). I am seeing a new shrink on Thursday - I can't wait!!! I NEED HELP. My SISTER and I are okay dealing with the formalities but I am so scared dealing with the stupid things because I truly feel she just wants an excuse to snoop in my house for things that might 'add value' to the estate. My Mom is not on this deed - she worried about MY SISTER wanting part of our home - and had herself legally removed since she only paid her expenses over the years here. We have always paid the mortgage. I insisted my MOM was on the deed to ensure she knew this was her home after my Dad died and we bought this house after renting for many, many years. So now my SISTER thinks her univerisity degree is in my house among other things. Almost 15 years ago we moved out of our rented family home into this house. What happened to family documents that were personal I have no control over. I have honestly looked and cannot find them anywhere. And I will continue looking and handing over anything that belongs to anyone because I DON'T WANT THEM!!!!

So if my SISTER wants entry into my home she will have to take me to court. It hurts too much and there is much more to this story than I can describe.

Please pray for me to have strength right now - I need it. I want to do the right thing without being stepped all over. My DH will not let my SISTER in this house for any reason either. We have had enough.

I need your prayers and I needed to vent.

Since Friday I have felt like throwing up, I am not hungry and i cannot sleep. I have been worried about my SISTER coming over here and FIGHTING over stupid things and having her try to push her way through my home - so I have packed the car with stuff of the estate. She can put it all in the granny suite for itemization. I can't deal with this anymore.

We are now at the stage of having our 'executor' status and probate completed, so we are having a family conference call to agree on an accountant for my Mom's final tax return and discuss how to handle finances going forward. Which is the smart thing to do.

Why am I still afraid of my sister after all these years?

So I am not talking diet right now but I am asking for your support. I need it.

Thank you, all of my friends, for your kind thoughts throughout my life's journey with mental health issues and...

Comments (6)

Sponsored