Return to the Diet Club Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
SS Daily Support, Sept. 6 - 12, 2004

Posted by Besh (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 7, 04 at 10:57

Good Morning:

Hope everyone enjoyed the long weekend!!!

Love, Besh

Follow-Up Postings:

o
From Yesterday

RE: SS Support - Mon. Aug. 30 thru Sun. Sept. 5th

Posted by: yankandtex (My Page) on Mon, Sep 6, 04 at 17:36

Hurricane Charley & Hurricane Frances intersected where we live. We didn't get a lot of damage. One of our windows is cracked & we only had to do without electricity for 3 hours which beat Hurricane Charley!! There are 3 people that we can look out our back window & see that they lost their roofs. We lost a few shingles but nothing that drastic. Now we are looking at Hurricane Ivan. Just glad to be back on here to talk with everyone.
Tikanis~Please check in.

Joanne~I've wanted to call you b/c I was worried about you. It had been so long since we had heard from you.

DeeMarie~I kept hoping that you weren't planning to go on a cruise this weekend.

Hi to everyone that I've missed. I'll check back in later.
Does anyone have a Dell computer? If so, what do you think about it? Thanks. Patti :)

o
RE: SS Daily Support, Sept. 6 - 12, 2004

from our friend, Joanne!

laters....
D

Hi all
Heard from my brother, his place is OK, but he says he will never stay through another Hurricane.
Patti - DS has a Dell and my brother has a Dell and they both are very pleased with them. I missed not being in touch with everyone, but my health has really been the pitts and DH is still struggling with the job loss. There are some prospects for jobs in the works now and hopefully something will work out for him.
Spent the weekend watching DH golf in the Club Championship (he came third). DD was in Montreal and then Freeport, Maine and DS was being a smart @ss. He just broke up with the girlfriend and you can imagine the atmosphere.

What's happend to Zig and John - are they still posting?

Joanne

o

Hello everyone!

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend.

Patti, it was good to see you post; glad that you are both safe. I have a Dell computer (got it through the mail), and I have no problems either. This is my second Dell at home.

Joanne, that's good news about your brother, too. Keep posting and hope you feel better....as always, feel free to come here and vent.

With such a fun-filled weekend, it was difficult to get up for work this morning. I"m looking forward to kicking back, but we may have to visit FIL at the hospital tonight. He's gone in for his chemo today (the other chemo did not work, and his lung lesions are growing). Looking for some extra thoughts for my FIL and DH during this difficult time. :)

Besh, can you believe it's September? It won't be long before October comes, and you are trapped in your home! LOL! Halloween will always make me think of you!

Gotta run and get some budget reports off this desk.

Take care, eat healthy, and NEVER NEVER GIVE UP!!
DeeMarie

o

Hi

Dee, not only can I not believe it is September, I can't believe school starts tomorrow!!!

I am in the process of making some SS meals to have in the fridge for me. I just made the Turkey sausage stuffing and now I am making the SS Turkey meatloaf. I am being so good!

Dee, my thoughts and prayers are with you, DH and FIL. I can so understand. I hope that he has better results with the chemo this time.

Joanne, glad your DB is ok. I feel so sorry for the whole state of Florida. My goodness, it seems that nobody has been left untouched.

Lynn, how are you doing? Patti I am glad that you guys faired well. Tikanis, are you in FL as well?

Got to get back to cooking. Have a great evening.

Love, Besh

o

Hey you guys!

Hey Besh!

I'm here in california.
My aunt came thru the Florida hurricane just fine.

I, however, am pretty sick. UTI turned into a kidney infection. NO appetite... must have lost 10 lbs... No energy and my days are mixed up with my nights. Anybody up at 3:00 in the AM, feel free to call me as I will probably be awake. : )

Just send prayers...

Tikanas

o

[[[[[[[[[[[[[TIKANSAS!!!!!]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]] Please feel better. Get lots of rest and drink lots of liquids to get rid of those nasty germs.

o

[[[[TIKANSAS]]]] Feel better soon.

Lynn~I meant you when I said Tikansas in my previous post. Sorry about that.

DeeMarie~We'll find the time for your DH's family. :)

Besh~Thanks for starting us off. School here has started then stopped, then started, then stopped. It starts again tomorrow but then we'll see what Ivan is going to do. If it affects this area again, they will have to stop it again!! We didn't have to do that with our snow days when I grew up in the TX panhandle!! LOL

Joanne~[[[[HUGS]]]] Feel better & I hope that this pans out for DH.

Shout out to everyone! Patti :)

o

Hi!

I'm SWAMPED in painting, weeding, schools, and a list of stuff to do that is longer than I have a lifetime for!

Healthy eating habits? NOT!!!!!!

I'll be better about my eating in a week! I WILL!

ARGGGG! REALLY feeling alive at this time! lol.

I haven't had time to catch up and read---maybe this weekend.

I am currently feeling EXTREMELY guilty for not checking in and paying more attention here.

((((((((((((((HUGS to ALL)))))))))))))))))

Muh-wah!

o

Good Morning All,

Sounds like we need another (((((((group hug))))))) here.

Besh, thanks for getting us started. How are you and family doing?

Dee, I am sending thoughts and prayers to you, DH, FIL and family. I hope everything comes out well.

Tikanas, hope you are feeling better soon.

BJ! You need to slow down there girl. You sound more than a little overwhelmed! Don't forget the thing that is most important in that list of things to do...............YOURSELF. It's so easy for we woman to forget that we are important to.

Patti, I am glad that you made it through the hurricane with minimal damage. I have been in contact with some of my clients down there yesterday. One of them had to evacuate 63 horses! They moved them to some racing track facility with huge barns. The barns were full of other evacuated horses as well. Apparently, there were hundreds of poor equine souls moved there. Probably all confused and frightened. Can you imagine being locked in a little 12x12 space during all the wind and rain? Anyway, some of the barns lost thier roof but the structures remained standing and no horses were injured. Sounds like you all in FL are about to get triple whammied with Ivan looming. That one sounds like the worst yet.

Joanne, glad to see you posting. Sounds like life isn't too bad in your neck of the woods.

It's pouring rain here. I mean pouring straight down, no wind. Backlash from Frances. I was supposed to leave this afternoon with the horses to go camping but I think I will have to wait until morning and hopefully the weather will improve. I don't mind the rain if it comes after I get set up but setting up in the rain stinks. It's SO dark out here at 6am! UGHHHHHH

Raeanne, Gretchen, Lynn, Maddie, Marci,anyone else I missed,where are you woman???

o

Good THRUSDAY morning all!

I've got to go over to a local hotel for an all-day, sit-with-your-coworkers-and-sing-around-the-campfire seminar! YUCK!!! I have a ton of stuff to do here, but gotta leave to make it there by 9am. boooo hoooooo What's the good side of this? I have a job that is steady and pays well. OK, I feel better now...

BJ, take it easy.

NH Suzanne, your rain should be over in a vew hours; hang in there honey!

Tikanas, hope today is a better one for you.

Patti & Dave and Lynn (MagicKitty), we are all thinking about you and wish you well during this next storm.

KY Susie, where are you? Has anyone heard from her?

Hello to Raeanne, Maddie, Jen, Joanne, Gretchen, Amy (where are you?), John, Besh.....and everyone I've forgotten.

[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[GROUP HUG]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]

Take care, eat healthy, and NEVER NEVER GIVE UP!
DeeMarie

o

Hello,

Well I am back in the swing of school. Yesterday went very smooth and I felt like I never left! It actually feels good to be back into a schedule after the summer I have had. DH is doing good and is working well with his sisters to find a solution to help out my FIL. I am happy that everyone is getting along. It started out rough, but it is getting much better. :-)

I hope everyone is well. I have to get ready for work, but just wanted to say hello. ((((HUGS)))) all around!

Love, Besh

o

DeeMarie, I didn't know you were a camp fire girl! LOL I hate those types of meetings too; especially when there is a pile of work to do. YUCK is right.

o

ARGGHHHHH - I just lost a very long personal post and lost it. I guess that is a good indication of how my day will go - gotta change that thinking quickly.

Besh - glad your day went smoothly. That is the only thing I liked about school starting, was getting back on a schedule. You deal with so many different emotions - I am glad the family is getting it together to help FIL.

Dee - FIL is in my thoughts and prayers!

Joanne - John checked in recently through BJ, I don't think he renewed his membership here. Zig works long hours and travels a lot with her job, so doesn't post anymore. I told her about French Lick and she is hoping she can make it. Once it is set in stone I will contact her again.

Lynn - we hope you are safe and hear from you soon.

Tikanis - I wouldn't mind losing those 10 pounds, but not that way - hope you are healing quickly.

Marci - I have been thinking of you and hope you don't have a lot of criers. Hope you and the kids had a smooth transition.

Patti - glad that you and Dave are safe. My MIL is in W. Palm and lost her power, but still has her phone. How far are you from there? (I know I have asked before).

BJ - what can I say sister - wish I was there to help you out. I could use a buddy for motivation right now. I have been so bad AGAIN.

I have been in a funk this week. Partly that I get melancholy this time of year and partly that I want to do a lot of things around the house, that DH doesn't seem to think needs to be done. What gets me down, is that when I talk to DH about my ideas he is excited and agrees they are good, but then it quickly fades and I am let down. I know that in the grand scheme of things, this doesn't make a bit a difference and I should be grateful and appreciate all that I do have (because feeling like this makes me feel like a spoiled brat). So today that is what I am going to focus on, get my life back to a happy place and do something nice for someone less fortunate. How's that?

o

Hello again,

I just got the nicest birthday gift from Gretchen. What a wonderful surprise, and it was a surprise Gretchen because I did not recognize your business address on the box. She sent me a copy of the book "My Sisters Keeper", autographed by Jodi Picoult! Also included was a beautiful pewter bookmark that says "Live like this is heaven", so appropriate for me right now. It is funny that I receive this book because my boss and I were discussing it yesterday. She is in the middle of it and was going to lend it to me when she is done. Gretchen, thanks so so much. It was just the pick me up I needed.

Love, Besh

o

Good Evening,

Besh, that was a very thoughtful and, timely gift from Gretchen. It's nice.

Okay ladies, this is me signing off for the weekend. I am leaving early in the morning to go camping with my girls. I am looking forward to it and hope we have dry weather! I will be back some time Sunday afternoon. Everyone have a safe and happy weekend.

o

Gretchen~What a nice gift!

Besh~That was a nice surprise, I'll bet! Glad things are going better.

Tikanis~I had the best 2 1/2 hours of my life today! lol

NH Suzanne~Have a good time. You are right. I heard a woman on GMA saying that women HAVE to schedule some time for themselves in their daily schedule or they won't give it to themselves. She knew of a group of women who got together & went hot air ballooning for "their time."

Raeanne~I don't know how long it would take to get to W. Palm but I don't think it would take a very long time.

DeeMarie~Ivan has me a little concerned. Then today I found out that my very good friend that moved from here to TN last year has Alzheimer's & isn't doing well. I had known in my heart but you know when someone says it aloud how it puts a big lump in your stomach? I'm devastated. And Dad says Mom is showing signs of it too which I've known about as well.

BJ~I know that you will make time to check in here b/c you have so often over all of these years. We all just get busy with "life" sometimes. :)

Ladies~I had the most wonderful conversation with a new great friend, Tikanis, this afternoon. She is warm, loving, funny, witty & we talked for hours! lol I hope that she gets to French Lick so that you all get to meet her in person.

Shout out to everyone! Patti :)

o

Good morning!

Just a quick hi to all-- I am behind on reading posts b/c of work and back-to-back shows--

Miss you all, and I'll post ASAP--

Hugs,

Maddie

o

Maddie? who's Maddie??????????? LMAO!!!!!

Patti/Tikanas, how wonderful for both of you! Glad you both took the time to get to know each other. Patti, I don't have a camcorder, but I hope someone remembers to take one so we can make videos for you and the others who will be unable to make it to French Lick.

Besh, that was a great surprise gift from Gretchen! She's so thoughtful; you can cherish that book for a long time for many reasons.

NH Suzanne, have a wonderful time; I'll miss you this weekend.

Not much time....gotta run into a meeting.
Take care, eat healthy, and NEVER NEVER GIVE UP!
DeeMarie

o

Just checking in -
What busy lives we all lead. I'm heading out to play golf this afternoon with DH.
Sorority has a huge garage sale tomorrow so I will spend my time helping at that.
Weather must be going to change as I have the beginnings of a migraine. It may be time for me to do acupuncture again. It worked for about 2 years but beginning to come back again.

Take care and have a great weekend all.
Joanne

o

Joanne~So glad to see you posting. Perhaps, I should give acupuncture a try. It would be worth it to be able to take at least 2 medications off of my list! I wonder if insurance would pay anything? Is it expensive?

DeeMarie~TY. I'm hoping that someone will be able to send me a recording of everyone there & the fun that you will all have!

Maddie~Thanks for dropping in. When you get a moment, let us know how things are going.

Shout out to everyone~Patti :)

o

Good Morning everyone!!! Back in Florida just in time for Ivan. My Hubby and I had a great time in Ohio celebrating my fathers birthday..... I got to see a lot of family members and friends. It was great!!!!

NHSuzanne - I am glad the horses did well....poor things. We had a sitter again for the cats and they said that we only had 45 mile an hr winds and rain. So, we were just grazed by francis. Now for Ivan...

We are going to prepare a little more for this one. We went to Lowes and got hurricane shutters and my dh has been putting them up all day (saturday) and will finish today.

DH has suggested that we buy land in Ohio and build a small cotttage/vacation home in a lake community not too far from where we lived before. He wants to leave for the summers. So of course I am all for it and have already gotten two magazines of layouts/plans for small vacation/retreat homes.

Take care all and have a Happy Sunday!!!!

Lynn

o

Good Morning Everyone,

Looks like it was quiet here this weekend.

Lynn, glad you managed to escape most of the hurricane. I hope that Ivan is good to everyone down there. You Floridians have had enough.

I am back from a wonderful weekend. The weather was great, except Friday and it was windy and cold. We hudled around the chimenia and drank wine! It died down after dark. Sweet Pea got to go out all three days. There was lots of soft footing on railroad bed for her and not too many hills. I got down and walked her when we came to steep parts to go down and it worked out fine. Most important was that she felt really good and was so happy to be back doing her job. I loved seeing her happy. She was as good as gold too. She can't trot yet and she LOVES to so it was an extra special effort for her to stay at a flat walk. We sat around the fire on Saturday night and listened to a band of coyotes howling up a storm when all of a sudden and different, very unusual noise came from the opposite direction. It was a clattering the like of which I have never heard! We were camping in a 35 acre flat field and all the way across is a llama farm. It turns out that two males were fighting through a fence! They were running up and down making this god awful noise! The farm had a young guy caretaking and did not know what to do. In fact, he didn't have a clue! The racket went on for about 20 minutes! It was funny in a way. On yesterdays trail ride we came across a dead moose. It was so sad. It had barbed wire wrapped around it's leg and had apparently fallen down a rocky ledge and broke it's leg. He was huge and it was just so sad to see and imagine the struggle the poor thing had before he died. I wish they would outlaw barbed wire. It's really insidious and does such horrific damage to animals. So that's it from here. Back to work this morning and starting the November issue! Wow, time flies.

Check in today and let us know how your weekend was.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Diet Club Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here