Return to the Diet Club Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
It's fall already!

Posted by Kathy_ (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 22, 04 at 8:49

Beware the candy corn and pumpkins. Watch you don't fall over the Christmas displays while you are "drooling".
Hugs,

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: It's fall already!

Kathy, LOL!!!!!!!!!!! I love candy corn!

o

Ahhh, candy corn. I wonder if it freezes well. Take out a few now ant then. yummmmm

o

I bet you can freeze it. Then I'd need the dentist...

o

I don't care much for candy corn by itself, but mix it with dry roasted peanuts and it will disappear -- tastes like a Payday candy bar!!

Janet

o

Oh, Janet KS, not sure if I should thank you for that one...I also love dry roasted peanuts! LOL

o

Okay... I don't like candy corn. But I DO like Fall! I picked a beautiful Connecticut field pumpkin yesterday and a slew of zuchinni. I will be making zuchinni bread for our church youth group's Fall kick off party next Tuesday.

Gotta stay away from Halloween candy though...

Tikanas

o

I'm not tempted by the candy corn. Now chocolate, that's another story! LOL
I always seem to have more will power during the Fall. I guess I'm thinking about the cooler weather, holidays, etc., and I want to feel comfortable in my jeans, and look nicer in my holiday wear. I guess that's why I have a hard time watching what I eat in the summer, but always am ready to start a diet in September.

o

I feel the same way! Maybe it's because cooking healthy in the hot weather is not as appealing as grabbing "easier" fast type foods. I hate cooking in the heat! I make lots of homemade soups, stews, casseroles in the fall and winter and it's so much easier to watch the ol' weight and exercise then.

Temps of 75 degrees here today. Time for a pot of soup!

Tikanas

o

Tikanas, on Sunday I made a huge pot of split pea soup with carrots, onions, and celery....no meat, so it should be 4 WW points per cup for me. DH and I may have it tonight, along with grilled cheese sandwiches (I have a 3-point version of grilled cheese that is fabulous!)

If I get the occasional Sunday (especially in the fall) to hunker down and cook all day, I find my way of eating program goes much better. I need to plan ahead and not stress out. When I know what's for dinner, then I know whether I can have a snack now and then during the day!!!

o

Split pea soup sounds Sooo good, Dee Marie! I have some peas and think I'll make a big pot tomorrow. It's very chilly and Fall-like today and that soup would hit the spot.I always make mass quantities as DS would rather have dinner leftover for both breakfast and lunch than cereal or sandwiches. turkey breast with roasted asparagus tips tonight.

Slacking off on my water... gotta do better!

Everyone have a good day and stay strong!

Tikanas

o

Well hello everyone (she says patiently waiting on that toasted cheese sandwich recipe). Yup it's definitely soup weather - it may frost tonight here and that is early. So the great debate comes - cover the plants or don't cover the plants and say to heck with them. Hmmm. I had Wendy's chili for lunch because I was in the neighborhood and that does not happen often. Amazing to watch (discretely) the huge trays of food that some people eat while I am sitting there with my small chili and ice tea. Ah well, I will never be able to do that and still get these jeans on so it's no use thinking about it. Wal-Mart looks like a candy junkies paradise these days. Hubby is having steak tonight and I am having a pack of salmon on lettuce. Hmmm or maybe soup. Kathy

o

Kathy, I take 2 slices of the Arnold Bakery light Whole Wheat Bread (1 point), place 2 slices of Kraft 2% yellow cheese in it (2 points), spray each side (and a nonstick pan) with "butter" spray (0 points). Grill and put on a plate with large dill pickle and sliced tomatoes!! You've got a 3-point wonder lunch! Hope you enjoy it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Diet Club Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here