Return to the Diet Club Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
SS Support, Mon. September 17th thru Sun. September 23rd

Posted by nhsuzanne (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 17, 07 at 8:40

Good Monday morning all,

Fall is definitely in the air at 34 degrees here this morning! Brrrrrr. No frost but almost!

Besh, you must be ecstatic at the Pats win last night. WOW

I made my pulled pork BUTT it came out delicious and I had heartburn all day Saturday. I guess I just can't eat this stuff much any more.

Dee, you said you freeze your pulled pork. What's it like after you defrost it?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: SS Support, Mon. September 17th thru Sun. September 23rd

Well, my "un"birthday pal struck again! Suzanne sent me the neatest gift and I can't wait to go home and play. It is called a Buddha Board. It is a slate that you paint with water on and a design appears, as the water evaporates the design disappears too, leaving you with a clean slate - who can't use one of those LOL. Thank you my friend - you are too thoughtful and you have made this a very special and fun filled year for me.

I have work calling me, but I will be back.

o

Good Morning.

OK Suzanne - where did you finally find the pork Butt? Or what other cut did you use? I went to BJ's to get mine and they were sold out, but I bought a loin and will use that to cut up for chops and a roast. I could not pass it up because of the price. It was just too good. I will go to my regular store for the Butt and try to make it this weekend. Awesome on the bear sighting. You are quite brave to just shooo it away. How is your DH doing?

Big excitement here last night around 6:45 pm to 7:00 pm. We had a tornado go up our street and hover over the houses and got as close as three houses away from us. We watched it go from the front of the houses to the back of the houses and then take off across the canal to destroy/damage about 12 houses. Best news is, that only one person had minor injuries. I had a difficult time sleeping last night because when I shut my eyes, I kept replying the scene in my head. It was just like the movie twister. I was expecting to see a cow fly by. We feel very fortunate to have been spared. We still have 2 1/2 months more of hurricane season to go.

Whats is all the mention of SARATOGA???? ( I think I missed something or is that were you all met up that one year?)

Patti - how are you and DH?

To all...have a great week!!!!!!

Take care!!! - Lynn

o

Raeanne, too bad we won't be able to see what images you paint on your Buddha Board! I hope you enjoy it....ommmmmm

Lynn, our butcher never said what the cut was but it looked like a boneless loin of pork roast. It was delicious but next time I want a cut with the bone in for more flavor. You are supposed to yell and get large at a black bear. They are far more afraid of humans (rightfully so) than we should be of them. They are really only dangerous if they have cubs and who could blame them for that. I really hope to see him/her again. SO glad you were spared from that freak storm - mother nature is amazing!

Saratoga is where Dee, Raeanne and I met one time. We had a fun day.

Okay, where is everyone today??? It's not much fun talking to myself you know. LOL

o

It feels like fall has arrived!!! Brrrrrr!!!

I hope you girls all enjoyed your pulled pork, sounds delicious.

Lynne, glad to see you posting but OMG, right down your street....I am so glad no one was seriously hurt.

Raeanne, your new game sounds like fun. Suzanne, you done good again!

Gotta run...Eagles pregame is on. First Monday night football in Philly, a very big deal here in Eagles country. The signs in all the pubs and bars are right, Philly bleeds green! They did so pathetically in the preseason let's hope they can only improve.

Walked 30 minutes again today at lunch.

Take care and will check in later.

GO EAGLES!!

o

Good morning from frigid NH,

I am on my way out for a ride in the cold and dark. Hoping to see another bear. Lions and tigers and bears, oh my!

o

Good TUESDAY morning!

Suzanne, you must promise to check in AFTER you ride if there are bears out there, so we know if we need to send someone out after you (to get you and Sweet Pea down out of the trees!) Glad you enjoyed the pork...next time chase it with a swig of Gaviscon. LOL!

Raeanne, have fun with your new game. I was an etch-a-sketch maniac when I was a kid. The world's most rotten artist, but I was able to erase the mess!

Lynn, we are planning on bringing Donna from SoJersey on our next trip to Saratoga. Everyone is welcome to join us but the ride may be a bit longer for you!

Jen & BJ, let's hear from you guys again.

Patti & Dave, hope you are feeling OK.

Well, I was home on a 4-day weekend but fell short of all I wanted to get accomplished. I did, however, use yesterday to fill freezer with fall meals to help me out when I get home later from work due to fitness classes. I used the crock pot for two big batches of soup (split pea and lentil); 2 batches of lemon chicken; marinated and froze a large london broil. That should help me stick to my committment of attending classes with no excuses about making dinner. I also prepared a pot roast which I started up this morning in the crock pot before I left for work. Just threw in the meat, a bag of frozen chopped onion, a can of beef broth, a cup of merlot wine, and about 4 potatoes. Covered and turned it to "low". We'll see what awaits me this evening!

OK, gotta catch up on e:mails.
TAKE CARE, EAT HEALTHFULLY, AND NEVER, NEVER GIVE UP!
DeeMarie

o

Dee, good for you for getting all those meals made ahead! Please tell me how the pulled pork freezes/unfreezes. I hate to freeze it and find it ruins it. I'd rather give it away.

o

Suzanne, I haven't used the frozen stuff yet. I sealed it in one of those plastic containers and put the container into a freezer zip bag. May defrost it this weekend or next week, but will be sure to let you know!

o

MIA checking in!

DeeMarie, the girls are still having lots of fun with your scrunchie maker. I of course, am loving all my gifts!

We celebrated Tara's 4th birthday last week. WOW, does time fly.

Not much going on here lately. Things just seem super busy. Tara is ok with preschool, while Erica is Loving first grade. Erica gets in a tizzy if she doesn't get an A+ though. I am trying to get it through her head that's its ok to miss something once in awhile. She will figure it out soon I hope.

Work is calling. Have a great day everyone.

Jen

o

Hey there Jen! Good to see you here and glad the girls are doing OK.

Not much to report here....was disappointed in the Big Brother finale, as I was a fan of anyone except the Donatos. I did, however, love the reveal of the twist and announcement of America's Player. That seemed to bring Evel Dick down a peg!! OK, just remembered that most of you have no idea what I'm babbling about!

Make today count!
Dee

o

It's 'Talk Like A Pirate Day", so you can click on the link below to find out your pirate name. I'm Fat @ss Jasmine Slasher. Well the first 1/2 is correct.

Hi Jen - glad to hear from you. Can we expect bday photos soon?

Dee - You are being crowned the queen of Reality TV LOL.

Enjoy

Here is a link that might be useful: Pirate Name

o

Greetings all,

Raeanne, my name is Epileptic Brandy Slaughter - isn't that flattering? LOL Who knew it was such an auspicious day?

Does anyone here watch the Biggest Loser? I watched for the first time last night and I thought it was GREAT!

It's an absolutely gorgeous day here.

QOD: What are you weekend plans? I am going to Tunbridge, VT. A step back in time for Morgan Horses. I am attending a two day, 20+ mile each day trail ride there with the Vermont Horse Council. I went to this fall before last and it was incredibly challenging. Sweet Pea and I are up to the task. Casey has to stay home. She isn't conditioned enough and it would be very unfair to her. She will have to stay behind and eat grass! Boo hoo.

o

Greetings all,

Raeanne, my name is Epileptic Brandy Slaughter - isn't that flattering? LOL Who knew it was such an auspicious day?

Does anyone here watch the Biggest Loser? I watched for the first time last night and I thought it was GREAT!

It's an absolutely gorgeous day here.

QOD: What are you weekend plans? I am going to Tunbridge, VT. A step back in time for Morgan Horses. I am attending a two day, 20+ mile each day trail ride there with the Vermont Horse Council. I went to this fall before last and it was incredibly challenging. Sweet Pea and I are up to the task. Casey has to stay home. She isn't conditioned enough and it would be very unfair to her. She will have to stay behind and eat grass! Boo hoo.

o

Greetings Maties, from "Pants-down Bernice" LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

QOD: Thanks for reminding me that I have a birthday party to attend this Saturday for a 1-year-old. Swell. LOL! I'm laughing because this is DH's nephew's home and he has an enormous dog. Watch the fun as this afternoon unfolds for me!!! Think I'll eat my cake in the car, thank you.

Sunday, we will leave the house at 9:30am to get to Giants Stadium by 10am for a 1pm football game. Ya gotta love it! JETS v Miami Hopefully, this team can win one this season.

Check in everyone, or Suzanne will take over and keep double-posting. lol!!

o

Argg! Puffy Shirt Velma checking in for duty. LOL Shades of a Seinfeld episode. Remember the puffy shirt?

Yesterday with the "Devil child" was slightly (and I mean slightly) better than last Thursday. I guess we will keep plugging away. Is it Friday yet???

I got my quilt done! I will post a pick in the album when I get a chance.

DH is on vacation this week, so hopefully we will get to do something fun this weekend. He doesn't get too many weekends off a year. I know we will be watching the Steelers on Sunday, and he is golfing on Sat., but maybe we can fit in dinner and a movie.

Later,
Marci

Marci

o

Good evening -- "Hayley the Dagger" checking in.

Dee - I watched every episode of BB8 and I too was so dissapointed with the Donatos.....I did not like either of them from the get go. Oh well...I still watched it. I will watch it next time too. So sad that they let him Evil D get away that kind of verbal abusive behavior...it was beyond drama for TV and if the sensors thought that was acceptable...oh my are we in for a nasty next season. If I was Jen, I would file a lawsuit against Dick, but I am sure they have to sign waivers at the beginning. But on the other side, I am surprised they let him get away with buring her with his cigs...he should have been kicked off right then when he was actually poking at her with it.
OK I am done.... Dee....what are your thoughts????? LOL!

Suzanne - have a wonderful time in Tunbridge. Please tell us your picturesque storys!!!!!!

Marci - hang in there -- Friday is on it's way!!!!

To everyone here and lurking --- Have a great night!!!!!

Lynn

o

I have to say I like my Pirate name - Slashin Cynthia Jones!

Suzanne, I watched Biggest Loser for the first time last night too and really enjoyed it. Enjoy Tunbridge!

Marci - 2 more days to go. Hope you and your DH get a chance to do something fun.

Dee, hope your Jets do better than my Eagles :-(

QOD: No idea at all! Will shop for my sister's b'day gift for sure.

Will check in later...be good!

Donna

o

Hello???? Anyone out there? It's Thursday.

You don't want me double posting do you?? LOL

o

yeah....what's with the double posting?

anyone out there?

what's with the double posting?

anyone out there?

what's with....................

o

Marci - the first thing I thought of was Seinfeld when I read your name LOL. There may be hope for the devil child. Enjoy your weekend with DH.

Donna - I like your pirate name too!

Dee - I hope our guys win.

Suzanne - Can't wait to hear all about your trip with SP.

Lynn & Dee - I did watch some of BB8, but wasn't addicted. I understand all the uproar about Dick, but I don't get why people hated Daniele - I didn't think she was bad and she played a great game with so many wins. She was a bit whiny but I also kept in mind that she was the youngest one there. I also kept in mind that this poor girl had to grow up with him as a father - that couldn't have been an easy life for her. On the other hand I didn't like Jen or Amber at all or at least of what I saw of them. Jen was very vindictive and Amber didn't have a mind of her own and I wouldn't have been able to tolerate all the crying. Jessica also didn't have much of a mind of her own - she let Eric persuade her too easily and she hated her friend because of $5. Come to think of it I didn't really like any of the players LOL.

QOD - this is a wedding event weekend for me. Friday 6:30 am workout with my trainer, work until 2PM, and then at 4PM is a boat cruise with cocktails. Saturday I work, go to the church at noon, back to work and then the reception at 4 with an after party at 10PM and Sunday a brumch. I don't think I will be doing much else.

o
i'm here, I'm here

how the heck did Suzanne double post. Sometimes I have a hard time posting once LOL

o

Hi goils!

Ol' Jelly Bones Antonia here--argh, matey! LOL!

On a different note, can you believe that it was 6 years ago yesterday that we lost Allie? I still think about her, and I wonder how Zig is. (((((hugs to the Moores))))))

Well, I am going on a pub crawl Saturday night with a huge group of folks--we figure it's about 3 miles of dedicated drinking, and I haven't done it since college, so I should be in rare form on Sunday--owwwwww, my head already aches!

Things are about the same here--we're plotting a trip to Las Vegas in March. We've never been, so I'm having fun plotting my dream trip (Bellagio & massages) against reality (a cardboard box, and stale doughnuts!) JK!!LOL! It's a long way away, so I might get my Bellagio--

So, who's going to Saratoga and can I go? (Man, I wish!!) I'm not sure when Churchill Downs opens for their fall meet--I'm sure I'll pay my respects at least once this season!

What's everyone reading? I just finished "I Love You, Beth Cooper", and it was wickedly funny--a very light read. I'm starting "Madeliene, When She Was Young". It's about a young woman with a head injury and how her ex-husband and his wife takes care of her. I think it's going to be a good read. :)

Has anyone heard from Amy? or Happyto?

Hugs,

Maddie

o

TGIF!

Hey, does anyone out there remember Chad and Jeremy? I won tickets to a concert tonight. Was driving home last evening and listening to a local oldies' station and they gave a number to call. Should be fun night for me and DH.

Maddie, March is really not so far away. You should really get online to see what the entertainment will be there and try to get tix ahead of time. Don't wait until you get there or you will be stuck dragging Rog (kicking and screaming) to the nudie shows instead of "Brad Pitt sings Show Tunes"-- LOL!!!! Seriously, I'll give you a call with some info on Vegas if you'd like. I have a number in my cell phone labeled Maddie, but I'll e:mail you to make sure it's the right one.

My eating stinks lately kids. I need to get myself out of the snack cabinet after 8pm. I'm thinking about locks or a straightjacket. Suggestions welcome!

Come out and play with us today!
DeeMarie

o

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH IT'S FRIDAY!!!!

Sorry, just had to do that. It's been the longest week!

Just wanted to jump in and wish everyone a happy weekend! I have no plans and hope to keep it that way. That should make up for last weekend.

Take care everyone!

Jen

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Diet Club Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here