Return to the Diet Club Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
SS Support, Mon. Sept.12 thru Sun. Sept. 18th

Posted by NHSuzanne (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 12, 05 at 8:04

Good Morning All,

Sounds like a busy weekend for you all here!! All that laundry getting done makes my head spin. And BJ, you kill me with your energy! Super woman indeed! Please keep focused on world peas............and thanks for removing the head of FEMA from office!! It had to happen. LOL

I had a magnificent weekend. The weather was crisp and cool and the temp was down to 31 on Saturday night and Sunday morning!! No Aurora Borealis though :( mabey next year. This is the event where we camp in the 35 acre flat field at the foothills of Mount Sunapee. It's truly spectacular. The trails take us through pine forest with soft, soft footing and along old railroad beds. We are really out in the middle of nowhere and our encounters with life are not human but moose, deer, fox and birds! We came across moose three different times!! They are starting to get very active as rutting season is just around the corner. The horses snort and got wide-eyed the first encounter but just passed it by the next two. The moose could care less about us. They just stand and look at us and move on. They are HUGE animals and with the bulls rack the look positively prehistoric.

On Sunday morning at around 9am we all gathered in the middle of the field,there were about 80 of us for a memorial in silence for 9/11. It was pretty spectacular as most of us were on horseback or in harness and carriages. It was very moving to me. Everything was still and quiet as we all reflected on this horrific tragedy. I truly hope that every American gave 9/11 some special thought yesterday.

DeeMarie and Raeanne, tomorrow is the day!!! I am so excited too. It's a three hour ride for me too Dee but I have to get across the Green Mountains in Vermont which is steep and winding but very pretty!! Should be fun!

Well, I better get my trailer squared away and some housework done so I can leave bright and early in the morning for Saratoga Spings!! Yipeeeeeeeeeeeee

Have a good day.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: SS Support, Mon. Sept.12 thru Sun. Sept. 18th

Good MONDAY morning!

Just got out of a 2 1/2 hour video teleconference with our British colleagues (22 of us!). I'm ready for a vacation! Not enough caffeine in the world was keeping me awake, and the camera was directly to the left of me. I kept moving my chair around so that I would not be in camera range. Should have worn black and lots of makeup. lol!!

Looking forward to my mini holiday with Raeanne and Suzanne tomorrow. Hope one of us remembers a camera.

Gotta run, but will check in later.

o

Hi all!

Gad--i just finished my 4th show in as many weeks, and lemme tall ya--my leags and feet are so swollen that they are actually shiny. Not good!

Just checking in, and to say that we're leaving for Canada tommor morning, and we won't be back until 10/1.

I hope this finds everyone well--

my love and hugs,

Maddie

o

Hey! Have a great time Maddie-----wow! 2 weeks in Canada! Have fun!

Raeanne, DeeMarie, and Raeanne~ I'm jealous, of course! I hope one of you remembered a camera. We'll be sitting here waiting for you guys to make a report!

Cheers!

o

Okay......waiting for the report from our roving friends! Did you guys rememeber the camera??????? What happened? We're waiting!

I've gotta get to work on getting more exercise. Last week, I was totally sloppy with my diet and gained 2 pounds! OUCH! So, this week, I am being very strict and also writing in a food diary.

Expecting 5 new fancy goldfish today as tank starters. I bought them from Aquaruim.Net. They have such great guys and their website is a wealth of info on goldfish. My kids and I have switched to cold water tanks and now we are finally successful at raising fish!

Gotta get to work! Closing a deal today that's gonna make my life a lot more pleasant!

o

BJ, were your ears ringing yesterday?

LOL

laters...............
D

o
RE: ////SS Support, Mon. Sept.12 thru Sun. Sept. 18th

Yes, as a matter of fact they were....RINGING and BURNING!

I was going to call my doc this morning, but I am waiting for your diagnosis FIRST! lol!

Did you guys discuss an 2006 SS Daily get-together? I vote for Las Vegas. 'Cause what happens in Vegas STAYS in Vegas and we need that kind of security! lol!

I'm off to the post office to mail Joanne's bday package! Laters!

o
Meeting the ladies...

OK, I have a few minutes here.

The weather was perfect for driving, walking, and sitting outside to chat. I arrived at 11:10am and looked for Raeanne and Suzanne in Borders. When I could not find them, I walked over the restaurant and waited outside until I noticed 2 gorgeous ladies waiting to cross the street...a blonde and a redhead. I jumped up and down in, not succeeding my efforts to be demure (ha!). After hugs (not virtual...REAL hugs!), we sat down outside to have some lunch. While lunching and sipping a lovely white wine (hey, why not... we skipped dessert!), we were able to solve all our problems, most of all your problems, and figure out how to achieve peace on earth. Not bad for 1 1/2 hours.

On to a 'reading' which was informative and entertaining! (I'll leave some mystery in here and not give it all away). A photo or two at the salon/gallery, and we were off to browse the shops and enjoy walking in the sun.

We parted about 3:45pm in 3 different directions, and promised to return someday for a day or 2 of spa treatments. Everyone is invited!

What a pleasure it was to kick back with Raeanne and Suzanne. I thank them again for making some adjustments in the "where" portion of their day to allow me to join them.

Raeanne or Suzanne, I'll leave any other details to you...
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[HUGS]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]

o
RE: __SS Support, Mon. Sept.12 thru Sun. Sept. 18th

Sounds wonderful and fun!

Can't wait to hear....

the rest of the story......

LOL!

o

It was great seeing Dee and Suzanne and I was so happy that they finally got to meet each other. I caught up with Suzanne around 10AM and we did some window shopping while waiting for Dee. Suzanne spotted Dee flagging us down from across the street. We had an early lunch, but that didn't keep us from ordering a bottle of wine. It was nice, but it went way too quickly. We ended the afternoon looking at a very creative and beautiful photo album that Suzanne put together for her DH's 50th - they make a stunning couple. We kept saying how much fun it would be if more of us could've been there. Someday....

BJ - You are right, if all of us got together, we would need to form a pact, no putting any of it in writing and definitely NO cameras LOL.

I will forward the picture to Marci, I got a nice one of all three of us.

o

The weather was indeed perfect, albeit hot and humid for such a meeting. Saratoga is a lovely, small and old city with lovely architecture. I was right at home with the horse statues that lined the lovely main boulevard called Broadway! Saratoga as you may know is home to some very elite horse racing, amoung other things.

Raeanne and I met early and perused the shops before meeting DeeMarie. I spotted Raeanne immediately at our meeting place. Her hair is done in a modern cut that kicks out in a playful way! I love the color and style Raeanne, it's so you! Her eyes are still a beautiful and brillant blue!

After shopping we went to the meeting place for Dee but she wasn't there so we proceeded to the restaurant meeting place. As we were crossing the street I could see a woman waving in our general direction and I knew at once it was DeeMarie!! How wonderful that she spotted us and I felt so special that as I waved, she waved back. It was a fun exchange. So it was there at the restaurant that I meet our wonderful DeeMarie. She has the most wonderful and expressive big brown eyes and I knew at once that I had a wonderful and caring friend for life! It's amazing at how we women, and man, communicate and have become such fast friends!

We shared a wonderful lunch. Okay, Dee and Raeanne did. I had the luck to order one of the worst things I have ever had and it was ironic a because everyone else had a wonderful meal before them...........figures. We shared a bottle of lovely white wine alfresco which was really good against the heat of the day!

After lunch we went to our card reading................boy was that enlightening!! This woman had a great deal to tell me that was very accurate!! She is a gifted woman and I think we all came away with some new info!! Then we toured the shops of Broadway, Saragoga Springs, NY. It was fun, fun, fun but way too short a time.
I had to depart by 3:30-4:00 to be back in time to feed my steeds.................I could have stayed and talked all night!

I had a lovely ride home full of fond memories of my time with my sisters.

Ladies and gent, we must find a way for more of us to have this meeting and connection!

BJ, I am sure that Las Vegas is too far for some but we sure should try to all connect.............it's so much fun.

Thank you DeeMarie and Raeanne for a very special day.

o
//RE: SS Support, Mon. Sept.12 thru Sun. Sept. 18th

The weather was indeed perfect, albeit hot and humid for such a meeting. Saratoga is a lovely, small and old city with lovely architecture. I was right at home with the horse statues that lined the lovely main boulevard called Broadway! Saratoga as you may know is home to some very elite horse racing, amoung other things.

Raeanne and I met early and perused the shops before meeting DeeMarie. I spotted Raeanne immediately at our meeting place. Her hair is done in a modern cut that kicks out in a playful way! I love the color and style Raeanne, it's so you! Her eyes are still a beautiful and brillant blue!

After shopping we went to the meeting place for Dee but she wasn't there so we proceeded to the restaurant meeting place. As we were crossing the street I could see a woman waving in our general direction and I knew at once it was DeeMarie!! How wonderful that she spotted us and I felt so special that as I waved, she waved back. It was a fun exchange. So it was there at the restaurant that I meet our wonderful DeeMarie. She has the most wonderful and expressive big brown eyes and I knew at once that I had a wonderful and caring friend for life! It's amazing at how we women, and man, communicate and have become such fast friends!

We shared a wonderful lunch. Okay, Dee and Raeanne did. I had the luck to order one of the worst things I have ever had and it was ironic a because everyone else had a wonderful meal before them...........figures. We shared a bottle of lovely white wine alfresco which was really good against the heat of the day!

After lunch we went to our card reading................boy was that enlightening!! This woman had a great deal to tell me that was very accurate!! She is a gifted woman and I think we all came away with some new info!! Then we toured the shops of Broadway, Saragoga Springs, NY. It was fun, fun, fun but way too short a time.
I had to depart by 3:30-4:00 to be back in time to feed my steeds.................I could have stayed and talked all night!

I had a lovely ride home full of fond memories of my time with my sisters.

Ladies and gent, we must find a way for more of us to have this meeting and connection!

BJ, I am sure that Las Vegas is too far for some but we sure should try to all connect.............it's so much fun.

Thank you DeeMarie and Raeanne for a very special day.

o

Hi my friends:
Well, as my daugher says it is now just three more sleeps until the wedding.
You will all be happy to know that this wedding is about as non traditional as it comes. Nothing is as expected, but that is the whimsical nature of my daughter. No flowers, only apple baskets, apple centerpieces and bouquets are made of curly willow, seeded eucaliptis etc etc.

She is walking down the aisle to music from A Little Princess, signing the register to Steel Magnolias and walking back with her husband to Finding Nemo. (she is a film, fine arts and english grad). The entire day will shock those traditionalists and all her music for the wine tasting and harvest meal is deep south old jazz and blues.
Pray for good weather on Sunday (yes, no Saturday for her)

John: I read your post and all the responses and though I haven't been around for awhile I will tell you this.
1. People do not change, they may try to alter their behaviour and how they think but what you see is what you get.
2. The most important thing is what do you want from the rest of your life. Once you analyse that you can make a plan. We plan our careers, trips, special days etc., but so many people don't take a moment to plan what they want their life to be. My DH and I do that once a year on our anniversary, because like everything plans need to be updated. We actually write the plan down, it's great to review it every year and see the results or the change of that plan.
3. What makes you happy. That is most important. Life is too short not to be happy.

That's it for me, NHSuzanne - I need your address honey, I've already started the Birthday Box.

Everyone keep sunny thoughts for Sunday for us.
Joanne

o

Joanne - the wedding sounds wonderful, it will be a day all the guests remember. Your DD sounds very creative and she is letting it shine - good for her! I especially like the wine tasting part LOL. I will pray for good weather. Thanks for the update.

Suzanne - you do have a way with words and it was nice to revisit our day through your post. I hope you weren't starving on your way home.

I sent Marci a picture, so you can all see how wonderful the 3 of us look together LOL.

It's my day off, so that means I have a lot of work ahead of me LOL. It is raining so there will be no playing for me. We go on a dinner cruise tonight with the town's Chamber of Commerce.

o

Good Morning All,

Raeanne, yes, I do have a way with words which is why I posted the same thing twice!! I have no idea how that happened! Enjoy your day off and the dinner cruise! You social butterfly!

Joanne, I too, will pray for great weather for DD's wedding.

I hope it rains here today because mother earth is very dry and thirsty. It's supposed to but so far we just have clouds and humidity.

I have the hoof trimmer coming this morning so I best get some of my errands run before she comes.

o

I got a chance to post the picture of Raeanne, NHSuzanne and DeeMarie at Picture Trail. Go check out 3 lovely ladies!

o

I have just finished reading 2 weeks worth of posts.I have ben swamped! Too tired to post myself right now, but will do so this weekend.
Raeanne, I'll re post my disaster kit contents again then.

John, I am mulling over your situation....

Miss you guys!!

Tikanas

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Diet Club Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here