SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
yankandtex

Daily Support, Monday 9/22 to Sunday 9/28

yankandtex
15 years ago

It's gonna be a great week!!

Let's start off with that & see what follows!!

Just wanted to get us started this morning. I'll be back later.

Comments (44)

• nhsuzanne
    15 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Good Monday all,

I am back from a long weekend riding in Tunbridge, VT which is steeped in Morgan horse history. In fact, the original Morgan horse, Figure, is buried there. There are 5 covered bridges on the historical register in this tiny little town. My friend came with me to ride Casey and we had a blast with 42 miles on our butts between Saturday and Sunday. It felt good to get out and do some serious miles and mountain climbing. Tunbridge terrain is extreme and quite beautiful. I am so inspired when I ride there. Words can hardly describe the beauty there. It varies from mountainous woods and fertile green pastures that touch the sky. Almost every direction is up and it was quite a work out for both horses and riders. There were 150 horses and riders at this event but you would never know it. Camping was a little nippy but great riding weather for horses who are already growing winter coats. One can only imagine what life back in the 1700's was like in that kind of terrain - it must have been brutal.

I hope everyone is well. I still need to get caught up with posts from last week.

• milkdud_2007
    15 years ago

Good morning, peeps! It's a beautifully sunny and warm (85 F.) day here in Crosby TX.

Got a call from a friend a few blocks over to check on me. While we were talking, she lost power! She got off the phone to run around and turn off things so there wouldn't be a surge WHEN the power came back on. I so hope it did come back on for her as she was doing huge loads of laundry, catching up with things after having a houseful of family for the last 9 days. *UPDATE* An hour later, and still no power for my friend.*

So far, so good for us with everything.

I slept so well in my own bed last night. I didn't budge until hubby got up at 5:30. I managed to roll over and return to lala land until my friend called at 9:45.

Suzanne, your weekend sounded wonderful, and I'm so happy that you got to do that.

Patti, amen to having a great week! I am so ready for a return to normalcy, it isn't funny. I don't know if my workout place has reopened yet, but I think I'll stay home today, get things cleaned up, and take another day to finish getting well. I'm still coughing some and sound raspy, so it's for the best.

Last week was a rough week for so many here.

Marci, my sympathies on the loss of your nephew.

BJ, I'm so sorry about your former MIL. Terrible.

Patti, hope your MIL continues to improve.

Peggy, I'm glad that you found just the right person to talk and listen to you!

Jan, always thinking of your family and you and praying for a miracle.

Donna, ((((hugs))))

Raeanne, I'd love to pop in and visit your village right about now. I'm sure it's lovely. We don't get FALL here, per se. One cool day in November or December, the leaves will just drop off, and that's it!

Dee, that father/daughter cruise sounds so sweet and special for them.

I guess I'd better stop and finish my chores around here. I did offer my friend the use of my dryer, so I want things looking nice in case she takes me up on my offer!

Have a great Monday, everyone!

• Related Discussions

SS Daily Support Monday, Feb. 16 - Sunday, Feb. 22, 2009

Q

Comments (26)
    Good Friday evening to everyone! Jan, I'm happy to hear that your nephew is home. I wish him a successful recovery. It sounds like his family is really "there" for him. Keep us updated - and I really mean it! Dee, glad your birthday celebration was so good. Hope you got a lot accomplished working at home today. Hi, Suzanne. Those frozen eyelashes gave me the shivers. Glad to know that your horsey isn't as cold as I thought. Donna, I'm not officially attending WW meetings right now, but I am doing the WW Core plan that was good for me this time last year. Hubby is used to it, and the soups and stews are perfect for this time of the year, even here in humid SE Texas! QOD: Saturday - work out; hopefully go to my friend's for lunch and to pick up a cabinet that she was going to throw away (it will hold lots of stuff!); then clean house and go to dinner with some of our friends, then back here to play Canasta. Sunday - Sunday school and church, then over to my friend's house to do a mailing for the service sorority. OMGosh, I almost forgot the best news: Larry had chemo, and as of today, his dr. is cautiously hopeful that the tumors are already breaking down (based on blood tests of some kind). He's feeling a little better and stronger now and isn't in so much pain. Thank you so much for your good thoughts and prayers for him. His wife sounded cautiously tickled pink in her voice mail today! Dinner tonight will be a surprise that hubby is bringing home!
    ...See More

Daily Support, Monday, February 9 to Sunday, February 15

Q

Comments (24)
    Good day, everyone. Especially you, Jan!((((hugs)))) Ladies, after I wrote the post about our friend Larry getting into MDACC, a friend of mine from BL called to invite me to join the Crosby Meltdown here in town. If you join, you're entitled to go to Curves free until the end of March, so I jumped at the chance to try out the place. We went this morning, I had my trial run-through and really enjoyed myself. The owner of the franchise told me that I could officially start tomorrow through the end of the Meltdown, then switch to a regular membership without the enrollment fees!!! I felt like my old self this whole morning, and I'm still pumped up from the workout! Jan, sometimes you're the bug, sometimes you're the windshield. Life doles it out randomly to all of us, and fortunately at different times, so we're here for you when you need us, and I doubt that I'm not alone in NEVER rolling my eyes about your posts. You need shoulders; we have them! Marci, you'll definitely deserve a night out with your hubby after Valentine parties for little ones. Halloween and Valentine parties were always the "hyper days" in my preschool classroom. MD Anderson is way far away in downtown Houston, and I'm a chicken about driving there, but I hope to get home early enough on Sunday for hubby and me to go see him if we're nice and healthy. I usually drop off a card and/or a little gifty at their home a couple of times a week instead. Larry has just caught so many things besides all the internal problems he's had with blood clots and renal failure that I haven't wanted to expose him to anything. Where is everyone lately? I know that Donna isn't feeling well and that Gretchen is busy, but where is Suzanne, BJ, Peggy, and Maddie? Check in, ladies! Got to get busy making my "Hugs" cards to accompany the "hugs" bags for my friends tomorrow and my Valentine cards for my son and his family to take on Saturday. Wishing everyone a wonderful day! Here is a link that might be useful: Crosby Meltdown
    ...See More

Daily Support Mon Mar. 22nd thru Sun. Mar.28th

Q

Comments (21)
    Hello Suzanne! I'm here, just trying to get through a frustrating week with some inner-ear/dizzyness problems, which makes it difficult to finish projects in a timely fashsion at work. I was down another pound this morning. That makes about 6 1/2 pounds since February 20. I'm very pleased with that, but need to add much more exercise. It was difficult getting walking in this week (with the dizziness), but I did it. Don't know if I mentioned this, but I've not been to our fitness center in over a month because I hated the way my (old, ratty) yoga clothes fit me. Yesterday I stopped at the Kohl's sale (with an additional 30% off coupon!) and found 2 pair of yoga pants and a top that fit and look nice. Looks like if I feel good enough, I'll be stopping by the center more often. It's just that there are many young women there; its a corporate center with people (and MEN!) that I work with. I was too ashamed to be seen in such tight, faded clothes......I'm sure you all know how I feel about this. Anyway, it's a new start, so I'm ready when my ear stuff clears up. Enough about me! How is everyone? Ready for the weekend? Ready for spring? OK, let's get moving. MIA's---COME OUT AND SAY HELLO! Thanks! Dee
    ...See More

SS Daily Support Mon 9/11- Sun 9/17

Q

Comments (10)
    Well why didn't you say there was a party going on here?? LOL Seriously, I can't believe how long I have been MIA. I am okay just busy. I had a wonderful camping trip; in fact, it was enchanting. The field was covered with second cut red clover and the Monarch and some other small yellow butterfly were just everywhere in the field. It was truly beautiful to watch them dance in the sun. The moon was full and rose in a big orange ball each evening and then gave way to soft light through the light. The kind of light I could look out of my trailer and see the girls sleeping in the grass...........wonderful. The true topper this year was the performance of bluebirds who visited our camp in masses of 12-20 at a time. No kidding, I have never seen anything like it. They would come and sit on the horse fencing and sing and flirt. It was truly amazing........if only I could have gotten a photograph. They must be gathering for migration as the butterflies are. The horses were energetic as it was cool and we had some wonderful miles long cantors and trots! It was so nice and I had so much fun. The weekend almost ended in disaster as we were walking the horses down to the sandy brook for a cooling off Sweet Pea fell down and landed on her side. She was really struggling and I did not know what had happened or how to help her. Suddenly, she laid still and righted herself and got herself up. When she was safe investigated and she had fallen into a bottomless hole which was no doubt a woodchuck's hole. These are the holes that snap horses legs in two. I was almost nauseaous when I looked down into that hole. She had some swelling her fetlock but she was fine the next day. I shudder to think of what had happened if I had been riding her when that happened. Ugh, perish the thought! Anyway, she was fine and the weekend was wonderful. You all are right, it's very quiet here!! SO, where is everyone???? Not much else new here - just work, work, work. DeeMarie, I am SO DISAPPOINTED that you don't have a photo of you on or at least NEAR a horse. You didn't even touch one????? Glad you had fun.
    ...See More
  • deemarie5500
    15 years ago

Happy MONDAY!

Just checking in quickly to make sure that everyone is up and ready for better news and more peaceful days.

Make today count!
    Dee

• yankandtex
    Original Author
    15 years ago

NH Suzanne & Milkdud~I put another polenta recipe on. It doesn't have many calories.

NH Suzanne~I'm so glad that you had such a great weekend.

Milkdud~Glad that you have the modern amenities.

Dee~Sounds like DH & DSDs had a nice time. Sure hope so.

Just wanted to let you know about the recipe. Ciao~P

• User
    15 years ago

Good morning everyone!
    Yes, let's have a positive week this time round.

Not a good sleep night for me - here I am posting at 4:30 am. No one up here but us chickens - even though I'm tired, that's fine. Coffee tastes great and the HEAT is on! We've been heating 'just enough' to take the chill out of the morning air and sometimes in the evening for the same reason.

We went for a Sunday drive - something we've not done for awhile given things going on and the gas prices. Bright red trees popped out everywhere with the frosts starting now. (Would someone please take DH's bag of peanuts away from me! I wonder when they will come up with peanut flavoured coffee?) It was wonderful to forget about things and get lost on the back roads.

Yesterday was fun - instead of my usual downtown garden watering I was at the warehouse potting big office plants into big planters - all day. Last night my back was a little stiff but a 'good' stiff if ya know what I mean. (Okay 'nuff with those peanuts! There, I've clipped the bag shut.) I got to bring home some baby snake plants that got bumped off during transplanting. I hate throwing any plant out unless there is absolutely no hope for it. Given my dark winter days, it will do okay since it doesn't need bright light all day. I hope those little babies roots catch.

Today I'm scooting out early on the bus to the nursing home to attend to my great aunt. Somehow they've lost her lower denture. Give she is on the secure floor for folks who have dementia, Alzheimers etc. it's possible someone else took them or tossed them. Hard to say. The denturist tried to fit her for replacements but she became agitated. So I am hoping I can help keep her calm. She turned 96 yesterday, so I'm taking her a little b-day present/card today. I did call the home yesterday to let the staff know today that this is going on. I am long overdue to see the girl and take some items for her. I don't know where time flies to but it has sure started zooming again. I'll see how things go, maybe when I've finished there I can pop back to the warehouse to do more plant potting.

Not going to bother trying to get back to sleep - I'm up now. Peanuts and coffee - mmmmmmmmm. Yes I have been seriously thinking about dragging out my WW books and pick a week to restart this winters weight watch. With everything going on the last few months I've put on several pounds but that's okay. It's my mental health that requires attention. Attitude adjustment time.

Going to be a balmy 68 degrees today (14 right now). Sunny. Wonderful day to take in fall sunshine and just breathe.

Yes, let's have a wonderful day today. My prayers to my friends in difficult times and love to. Hugs to everyone!

I'll pull you along and you pull me along,
    that's the deal!

Peggy

• yankandtex
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Peggy~I was up about 30 minutes after you! LOL I have no explanation for why other than I noticed the light on where Dave was. (I had moved to futon when he started snoring last night.) Do take care of your mental health first. You are doing the right thing.

You won't believe this but the BVA in DC sent Dave's case back to the court in FL. So, we aren't exactly sure what that means other than--another delay! Keep your prayers going & your fingers crossed, please!! This is the only way I'm going to get to go home. :-(

Dave got to talk to Aubrey last night. All she would say was, "Hello Grampa." She was busy getting something to drink. But, I think he was still thrilled.

Have a great day. [[[[ H U G S ]]]]

• User
    15 years ago

Patti, I am keeping my fingers crossed for Dave's case. Like you both need all of this! Geez why does administration make things so hard for those who truly need it? It's the same here too when they get a bee in there bonnet!

Wodka - how are things with your sister? I've been meaning to email you. I noticed Ed asking on the Money Saving Forum regarding your post on life insurance. We would love to hear an update from you if you feel like it. I am keeping your family in my thoughts and prayers. LOL

Hugs,
    Peggy

• nhsuzanne
    15 years ago

Good Tuesday all,

Check in today and share some good news!

Patti, good luck to you and Dave.

Peggy, I hope you have a good day.

Jan, check in to let us know how you and sister are doing.

Marci, thinking of you.

BJ, hope you had a great weekend.

Check in MIA's. You too John!!

• deemarie5500
    15 years ago

Happy TUESDAY!!!!!

Here is some good news for me. I decided to start to journalize again ala Weight Watchers. So for 1 1/2 days I've stuck to it....wrote down every BLT (bite, lick, taste) that went into this mouth. Keeps you honest.

[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[Continued HUGS and Good Wishes to All]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]

Please come here to share and vent. We care.

TAKE CARE, EAT HEALTHFULLY, AND NEVER NEVER GIVE UP!
    DeeMarie

• milkdud_2007
    15 years ago

Good afternoon! It's warm, 86 F., and sunny today.

On my way to go work out (yes, I'm back at it!), I passed 4 tree/debris removal double-trailer trucks!!! Our war zone will soon be a memory. Last night, we had a bit of a scare though. At 8:10, the power went out, and I just sat here and quietly said, NOOOOOOO! I guess the linemen had to turn us off for a while to hook up other blocks who'd been w/out power all this time. We got power back at 9:00, and I cried with relief.

I did a light workout this morning as I'm still raspy-voiced and lightly coughing. Then, I tried our Wal-mart to see if they had any fresh food - and THEY DID!!! Not a big selection of fruits and veggies, but enough to get by. Also, fresh eggs and milk. I still have all the meats and frozen veggies, but I miss my salads and fresh fruit.

Peggy, I'll hold your hand and share some of that cool weather with you, if you don't mind! My mental health has been shaky since Ike entered my life, and I find myself tearing up so easily. During the power outage last night, I had a mini-meltdown about things. I need to adjust my attitude and get back to the good way of thinking that I had before.

I'm anxious to hear from Jan, BJ, and Maddie, too. I think about all of them and y'all, too, daily.

Patti, prayers and good thoughts for this new delay. UGH!

Suzanne, I bought a pork tenderloin at the store today to fix when my youngest son and his family come over sometime this week, and it will receive the loving rub treatment, thanks to you!

I ended up catching up with all the newspapers hubby had saved for me yesterday and got very little done around the house. Today, I need to find my car keys (used hubby's this morning), and finish putting everything away and dust/vacuum/mop this house.

Wishing you all a great Tuesday!

• wodka
    15 years ago

Hi, everyone. Just checking in.

Have not officially started WW yet. Can't seem to find a right time. (Tonight I was going to cook a pork tenderloin, but my husband opted for Popeye's fried chicken - how sinful is that!) Company is coming this weekend. My neighbor wanted to wait until she got back from her cruise in November, so instead, we are going to start walking tomorrow. Since we've both done WW before, we're going to compare notes, recipes, and weigh in on our own on Monday and do the buddy/honor system and journal, etc. If we don't make any progress, then we'll officially join WW together when she's done with her cruise. It's a start and more than what I'm doing now. Dee, kind of sounds like what you are doing. I know before my latest sidetrack, the month I journaled I lost like 12 pounds, I think. That was in June or so, and here I am, right back where I started.....constantly pulling myself back up. It would be so nice to stay "upright" for a while. ha.

Thank you all for your continued care and thoughts for my sister and our family. She finished her first round of radiation a week or so ago. I spoke to her for a few minutes today. She had just gotten in from chemo, of which she has one or two more treatments. She has a new pill for her esophagus problems. She was very tired, but sweet and we said we'd catch up this weekend. Her voice sounded stronger than last time we talked last week, so she's hanging in there.

milkdud, so glad you are home and getting back to normal. I know your emotions have to be all over the place - so much stress preparing for the hurricane, getting through it, and then the aftermath. Just take care of yourself. Maybe keep the tv off - the news is so dismal, even without a hurricane!!!

Patti, I'll keep my fingers crossed for Dave and the VA. It's a shame you are having to go through this, but hoping for a good outcome.

Peggy, I hope you sleep good tonight after getting such an early start this morning! Your weather sounds beautiful right now. I can't wait to get a chill in the air. Tomorrow we are supposed to be less humid, so I'll take that!

Suzanne, speaking of beautiful weather and country - what a wonderful sounding weekend you had!

Chicken has arrived, so off to chow down. Hope everyone has a nice evening.

Jan

• yankandtex
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Jan~I'm so thrilled you popped in. [[[[ H U G S ]]]] to you & your sis & family!! You have shown awesome strength. You may not realize it but you just sound so good.
    :-)

• yankandtex
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Welcome Wednesday & hi to all readers!

Just wanted to say hi. Keep one foot in front of the other. :-)

• wodka
    15 years ago

Good morning!

Thanks, Patti! I had to re-read my post, and you're right, I do sound better, ha. It's probably a combination of things - weather is getting a teeny bit cooler, there's no tropical weather in the forecast for us, finally, new shows are on television ("House" was so good last night.) Plus, getting ready to get in better shape always sheds a better light on things. (Don't know why I'm such a slow learner.) Most importantly, my sister seems to be doing okay, for now. If she can just reach a point where she is comfortable and have a little energy to be able to get up and out for a while, it would be a blessing. I'm hoping this nice turn in the weather will boost her spirits as it has mine.

Are any of you "Dancing with the Stars" fans? I have watched it since day one, and am envious of the talent and bodies these women have. It's always interesting to find out more about some of the stars, some I've never heard of. For instance, the young guy dancing with Julianne is adorable and such a quick learner.

Kim Kardashian is another one I only knew of because of the magazine pics and shows like Entertainment Tonight and I wasn't planning on liking her. After last night, though, I actually felt somewhat sympathetic for her. She is mostly known for her rear end. I think it's rude and crude for people like that awful comedian (who, fortunately, was kicked off) to make remarks about it. Another thing, if hers is considered large or fat - I only wish mine was as "large" as hers! Give me a break. She is absolutely beautiful.

One more contestant - Cloris Leachman. I was all ready to cheer her on, because I loved her on Mary Tyler Moore and thought she could show us a thing or two. But, to me, there is nothing funny about anyone, especially a senior citizen, having a potty mouth and being so "over the top." I hope she leaves the show tonight. It's embarrassing for her, and has nothing to do with her dancing.

Too much coffee this a.m.? I hope everyone has a beautiful day today. Since company is coming on Friday, I've got housework to do, and then might get outside tomorrow and decorate for fall, even though the highs are still in the 80's!

• aka_raeanne
    15 years ago

This forum needs something fun and light to do, so I stole this from the Kitchen Table:

1. YOUR ROCK STAR NAME (first pet, current car): Tiny X3

2. YOUR GANGSTA NAME (fave ice cream flavor, favorite type of shoe): Vanilla Flip Flops

3. YOUR NATIVE AMERICAN NAME (favorite color, favorite animal): Orange Fox

4. YOUR SOAP OPERA NAME (middle name, city where you were born): Rae Herkimer

5. YOUR STAR WARS NAME (the first three letters of your last name, first two of your first name): Walwa

6. SUPERHERO NAME (2nd favorite color, favorite drink): Green Wine

7. NASCAR NAME (the first names of your grandfathers): John Charles

8. STRIPPER NAME ( the name of your favorite perfume/cologne/scent, favorite candy): Gio Dove

9. TV WEATHER ANCHOR NAME (your fifth grade teachers last name, a major city that starts with the same letter): Bauman Binghamton

10. SPY NAME (your favorite season/holiday, flower): Autumn Sunflower

11. CARTOON NAME (favorite fruit, article of clothing youÂre wearing right now): Raspberry Corduroys

((((HUGS TO ALL)))) Wish I could take everyone's pain away.

• deemarie5500
    15 years ago

1. YOUR ROCK STAR NAME (first pet, current car): NOT APPLICABLE ALTIMA

2. YOUR GANGSTA NAME (fave ice cream flavor, favorite type of shoe): VANILLA PUMPS

3. YOUR NATIVE AMERICAN NAME (favorite color, favorite animal): BLUE NOT APPLICABLE

4. YOUR SOAP OPERA NAME (middle name, city where you were born): MARIE CLIFTON

5. YOUR STAR WARS NAME (the first three letters of your last name, first two of your first name): MANDO

6. SUPERHERO NAME (2nd favorite color, favorite drink): RED MOJITO

7. NASCAR NAME (the first names of your grandfathers): CHARLES PATRICK

8. STRIPPER NAME ( the name of your favorite perfume/cologne/scent, favorite candy): ETERNITY GUMDROPS

9. TV WEATHER ANCHOR NAME (your fifth grade teachers last name, a major city that starts with the same letter): SISTER MARGARET ROSE ROCHESTER

10. SPY NAME (your favorite season/holiday, flower): SPRING ROSE

11. CARTOON NAME (favorite fruit, article of clothing youre wearing right now): MELON BLAZER

OMG, I have tears in my eyes, Raeanne. These are soooo funny.

Thanks for giving us some laughs this afternoon!

• nhsuzanne
    15 years ago

Good Wednesday all,

Raeanne, thanks for something fun.

Hope everyone is well.

Jan, Patti is right, you sound really good!!

1. YOUR ROCK STAR NAME (first pet, current car): Ming Toy Corolla

2. YOUR GANGSTA NAME (fave ice cream flavor, favorite type of shoe): Almond Joy Flip Flops

3. YOUR NATIVE AMERICAN NAME (favorite color, favorite animal): Blue Horse

4. YOUR SOAP OPERA NAME (middle name, city where you were born): Suzanne Panama City

5. YOUR STAR WARS NAME (the first three letters of your last name, first two of your first name): Albcr

6. SUPERHERO NAME (2nd favorite color, favorite drink): Purple Wine

7. NASCAR NAME (the first names of your grandfathers): Spencer Charles

8. STRIPPER NAME ( the name of your favorite perfume/cologne/scent, favorite candy): Magie Jordan Almond

9. TV WEATHER ANCHOR NAME (your fifth grade teachers last name, a major city that starts with the same letter): Potter Portland

10. SPY NAME (your favorite season/holiday, flower): Spring Peony

11. CARTOON NAME (favorite fruit, article of clothing youre wearing right now): Blueberry Tank Top

• wodka
    15 years ago

1. YOUR ROCK STAR NAME (first pet, current car): Boots Beemer

2. YOUR GANGSTA NAME (fave ice cream flavor, favorite type of shoe): Chocolate Sneakers

3. YOUR NATIVE AMERICAN NAME (favorite color, favorite animal): Yellow Dog

4. YOUR SOAP OPERA NAME (middle name, city where you were born): Janelle Greenwood

5. YOUR STAR WARS NAME (the first three letters of your last name, first two of your first name): Berrhe

6. SUPERHERO NAME (2nd favorite color, favorite drink): Sienna Wine

7. NASCAR NAME (the first names of your grandfathers): Harry Walter

8. STRIPPER NAME ( the name of your favorite perfume/cologne/scent, favorite candy): Paloma Kisses

9. TV WEATHER ANCHOR NAME (your fifth grade teachers last name, a major city that starts with the same letter): Loper Las Vegas

10. SPY NAME (your favorite season/holiday, flower): Fall Snapdragon

11. CARTOON NAME (favorite fruit, article of clothing youre wearing right now): Kiwi Capris

• milkdud_2007
    15 years ago

Good afternoon! It's 89 and sunny here again today.

Mosquito bites are making me nuts. I scratched myself in my sleep, and I'm still itching today. I bought some Lanacane major anti-itch cream today. Hope it works.

1. YOUR ROCK STAR NAME (first pet, current car): Spot Cruiser

2. YOUR GANGSTA NAME (fave ice cream flavor, favorite type of shoe): Chocolate Tennies

3. YOUR NATIVE AMERICAN NAME (favorite color, favorite animal): Red Dog

4. YOUR SOAP OPERA NAME (middle name, city where you were born): Ann Dallas

5. YOUR STAR WARS NAME (the first three letters of your last name, first two of your first name): Wilca

6. SUPERHERO NAME (2nd favorite color, favorite drink): Green Margarita

7. NASCAR NAME (the first names of your grandfathers): William Roy

8. STRIPPER NAME ( the name of your favorite perfume/cologne/scent, favorite candy): Obsession Dove

9. TV WEATHER ANCHOR NAME (your fifth grade teachers last name, a major city that starts with the same letter): Hooker Houston

10. SPY NAME (your favorite season/holiday, flower): Autumn Daisy

11. CARTOON NAME (favorite fruit, article of clothing youre wearing right now): Orange Shorts

Okay, that was fun, but my answers were weird!

Company's coming over this afternoon, so I need to scoot and get things ready. Wishing everyone a happy hump day!

• yankandtex
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks Raeanne. I didn't know you were born in Herkimer. Two of Dave's brothers were born there. :-)

Milkdud~Your answer for #9 should have been #8! LOL

1. YOUR ROCK STAR NAME (first pet, current car): Jeff Sorento

2. YOUR GANGSTA NAME (fave ice cream flavor, favorite type of shoe): Mocha Flip Flops

3. YOUR NATIVE AMERICAN NAME (favorite color, favorite animal): Aqua Dog

4. YOUR SOAP OPERA NAME (middle name, city where you were born): Elizabeth Borger

5. YOUR STAR WARS NAME (the first three letters of your last name, first two of your first name): Labpa

6. SUPERHERO NAME (2nd favorite color, favorite drink): Sunshine Martini with a twist of lemon ;-)

7. NASCAR NAME (the first names of your grandfathers): John William

8. STRIPPER NAME ( the name of your favorite perfume/cologne/scent, favorite candy): Black Raspberry Vanilla Heath

9. TV WEATHER ANCHOR NAME (your fifth grade teachers last name, a major city that starts with the same letter): Ball Baltimore

10. SPY NAME (your favorite season/holiday, flower): Spring Lilac

11. CARTOON NAME (favorite fruit, article of clothing youre wearing right now): Pomegranate Tee

• aka_raeanne
    15 years ago

Sunshine Martini - I thought the same thing for Milkdud's #9 answer ROFLMAO. What years were Dave's brothers there? I went there about 2 years ago and it had changed a lot, not for the better. I lived there from 54 to 61 - so I don't remember a lot but enough that I was able to find my house, school and "Uncle's" candy store.

Boots Beemer - which beemer do you have? I have the x3. I don't watch Dancing with the Stars, but I have to agree with what you said about Kim's booty and Cloris' mouth LOL.

Eternity Gumdrops - looks like I should've changed the animal questions for you - what was I thinking?

Hooker Houston - I hope the itchies go away soon. I think you are entitled to some tears - you have been through a lot.

Potter Portland - any more SP outings planned before the cold weather sets in?

McPeg - I hope you got a better nights sleep.

Marci - I am hoping you are feeling a bit better. My heart really aches for you.

It really seems like the world is losing a lot of good people right now. Every place I turn I hear of tragic stories. Must mean there is a bigger and better plan out there for them and we will have more angels looking over us.

I had fun reading everyone's answers.

• calgret
    15 years ago

1. YOUR ROCK STAR NAME: Schnitzel 4Runner
    2. YOUR GANGSTA NAME Peppermint Filp Flops
    3. YOUR NATIVE AMERICAN NAME: Blue Bunny
    4. YOUR SOAP OPERA NAME Marie Glenview
    5. YOUR STAR WARS NAME Mingr
    6. SUPERHERO NAME Black Wine
    7. NASCAR NAME : Marvin Henry
    8. STRIPPER NAME: Princess Chocolate Cherries
    9. TV WEATHER ANCHOR NAME Limbos Luckenbach
    10. SPY NAME: Summer Rose
    11. CARTOON NAME Apple Jeans

Princess Chocolate Cherries??

• yankandtex
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Rae~One was born Dec '60 & the other one was born Mar '63.

I loved reading the answers too. So much fun.

• donna_southnj
    15 years ago

This forum needs something fun and light to do, so I stole this from the Kitchen Table:

1. YOUR ROCK STAR NAME (first pet, current car): Missie Tuscon

2. YOUR GANGSTA NAME (fave ice cream flavor, favorite type of shoe): Mint Chocolate Chip Sneakers

3. YOUR NATIVE AMERICAN NAME (favorite color, favorite animal): Red Dog

4. YOUR SOAP OPERA NAME (middle name, city where you were born): Lee Atlantic City

5. YOUR STAR WARS NAME (the first three letters of your last name, first two of your first name): Masdo

6. SUPERHERO NAME (2nd favorite color, favorite drink): Blue Iced Tea

7. NASCAR NAME (the first names of your grandfathers): William Ralph

8. STRIPPER NAME ( the name of your favorite perfume/cologne/scent, favorite candy): Cashmere Mist Kit Kat

9. TV WEATHER ANCHOR NAME (your fifth grade teachers last name, a major city that starts with the same letter): Miller Minneapolis

10. SPY NAME (your favorite season/holiday, flower): Summer Tulip

11. CARTOON NAME (favorite fruit, article of clothing youre wearing right now): Strawberry Jeans

That was fun - will check in later - ((hugs)) to everyone!!!

Donna

• yankandtex
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I'm happy today. We were able to open our windows last night & let fresh air in & the old stale air out. It feels so good. We will probably have to close them at some point during the day today but perhaps we are finally getting to the time of year when we can leave them open all the time! Yippee!!

• nhsuzanne
    15 years ago

Good Thursday,

Patti, I am glad you are happy today! Fresh air is grand. I hope you get out and really suck it in!

It's been gorgeous here although fall like! Oh well. I am hoping for an Indian Summer this year instead of snow on the ground like last year! October - end of April UGH

Glad to see so many responding to Raeanne's name game. Cute.

Princess Chocolate Cherries - good to hear from you!!

Yes Orange Fox, Blue Horse has many SP outings planned before the snow flys!!

• deemarie5500
    15 years ago

I absolutely love the stripper names! (I would, wouldn't I?)

Gretchen, step into our world more often--it's so good to see you. :0)

I have back-to-back meetings through 4pm today. Literally had 10 minutes to gobble lunch and I'm off again.

Later
    Dee

• milkdud_2007
    15 years ago

Good afternoon! It's 85 and sunny again here today. We're due continued "cool" weather through the weekend!!!

I just had a little scare. As you know, I had my annual physical last week in North TExas. Well, today I got a call from the nurse saying that my calcium count is elevated and I need further testing. But, first I just got the message and had to wait almost 3 hours before I heard what it was about! Scary. There's a Quest Diagnostic about 16 miles away that I can go to, and they'll share the results with my dr. I'm okay now that I know what the call was about, but it was scary waiting to hear.

Today is my DGbaby's 2nd birthday, and they're all coming over here for dinner, cupcakes, and to pick up their frozen and fridge food I hauled back for them. First, they're doing some belated birthday shopping for DDIL whose birthday was Monday, so I have time to clean up, decorate the cupcakes, wrap the gifts, and make myself presentable. FUN!

Patti, I'm thinking that my continued allergy problems may be from opening the windows after the hurricane. I will do some light cleaning in a few minutes, but tomorrow, I'll steam clean the carpets and deep clean everything.

Wishing you all a wonderful Thursday. Remember that it's almost Friday!

• yankandtex
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Well Ladies & John~

We've finally made it to the weekend.

The QOD has to be: What does Gio Dove, Eternity Gumdrops, Magie Jordan Almond, Paloma Kisses, Obsession Dove aka Hooker Houston ;-) , Princess Chocolate Cherries, & Cashmere Mist Kit Kat have on their agenda? Do tell!!

Black Raspberry Vanilla Heath wishes to change her name to White Shoulders Kisses~It just flows better :-)

Hope you all have a great weekend!!

• wodka
    15 years ago

As for me ("Paloma Kisses"/Wodka/Jan), I will be doing some serious housecleaning as I prepare for weekend guests. I've had all week to do it, but naturally, waited until the last minute!

Raeanne, my BMW is getting old, but I love it. It's a 2004 black convertible, 330CI.

I talked with my nephew yesterday for a long time, about his mom/my sister, and how everything is going. It was one of the best conversations we've had in a long time. My husband and I, along with his executive director at his job, are helping him figure out how to protect himself and plan for his future. He is the one who is quadraplegic and lives with her. Right now it looks like he is going to buy my sister's house (he's already paying the mortgage on it.) Get it in his name, lower the payments, and ensure that he has a roof over his head when the time comes and she passes on. Most importantly, it will keep the creditors from seizing it upon her death. He would rather have waited and found and bought his own house, but this will provide a short-term solution. I am so proud of him for planning ahead and for taking care of my sister.

• milkdud_2007
    15 years ago

Good morning, stripper sisters! (you know you're a wanna be!)

Fall is here in SE Texas! It's only 72 with 72% humidity. Not Suzanne's beautiful Fall weather, trust me, but the best this area can do. We've been very blessed during and after Ike to have had some cool days, very unusual for September.

The birthday dinner for Aubrie was so much fun. She "got it" that it was her special day. The owners of the restaurant made all my kids feel very special, and that made us happy. We came back here for singing, cake, and presents. She loved the gifts we gave her and kept running up and hugging us and saying "I like my pwesents." Touching!

QOD: Obsession Dove is going to go work out, then meet a friend for a healthy lunch at Applebee's and a good long visit. Tonight, is dinner with friends and Canasta. Not sure what tomorrow will bring yet.

Jan, how wonderful that your nephew has his act together to protect himself for the future. I know it's hard to discuss things like that, but it has to be done.

Dee, good for you for keeping a food journal again. I may give that a try. I've eaten fairly well lately, but not as good as I should be.

Wishing you all a great Friday!

• calgret
    15 years ago

Princess Chocolate Cherries is off to DePauw University for Parents Weekend and my stepson is moving into a place of his own this weekend. Hello empty nest!

• deemarie5500
    15 years ago

QOD: Eternity Gumdrops (actually should be changed to Eternity "Spice" Gumdrops!) is off shopping tonight. Tomorrow afternoon we are invited to grandnephew's 2nd birthday party. Sunday we are off to the Meadowlands to see JETS v. Arizona. Not much time for projects around the house, but I'll fit something in.

Make today count!
    Dee

• wodka
    15 years ago

Dee, have fun at the game. We're Brett Favre fans (he's so much fan to watch!) Will he get to play Sunday?

• nhsuzanne
    15 years ago

Magie Jordan Almond is cleaning and re-organizing the basement in anticipation of the new furnace installation. Doesn't that sound fun? We are having pouring rain all weekend so I might as well get it done. DH is on the road still and I haven't seen him in month!! I miss him.

Besh, check in, I miss you!!

Have safe weekend everyone.

• wodka
    15 years ago

suzanne, despite your basement chores and rains (I guess you're getting some of the tropical stuff?) - I hope you have a nice weekend. My husband seldom has to go out of town, but when he does, I miss him before he's out the door. Hope yours is home soon!

• donna_southnj
    15 years ago

Cashmere Mist Kit Kat is buying a new storm door and taking her sister out to dinner tomorrow night for her birthday with family and friends. Eternity Gum Drops - we are going to the Smithville Inn. Also, FYI the Oktoberfest is next weekend, October 4 and 5.

I am also going to "fall" up the house, change the flag and inside stuff (the little I actually do change) to my fall things. I need to buy mums. I wasn't ready a few days ago but think I am now ready for the seasonal change.

Glad to see all you "strippers" checking in!

Catch up with you over the weekend - ((hugs)) and enjoy!

Donna

• donna_southnj
    15 years ago

I know Dee has been there but here is a link to the restaurant. It's close to home (actually within walking distance)!

I hope this link works.

• aka_raeanne
    15 years ago

Donna - I think you should order that shrimp and crab cocktail yummm. It is just after 9AM and I could go for that right now LOL. Have fun!

Suzanne - I bet you do miss DH, that is an awful long time. I am glad you have your 4 legged companions.

Dee - I thought of you as we passed the Meadowlands last Sunday on our way into NYC.

Jan - I am glad you were able to have a long talk with your nephew. As hard as these financial things are they are so important.

White Shoulders Kisses - I do like that one!

I thought all this stripper talk would get John to post! I also would've loved to have seen BJ's answers LOL.

Gret - Enjoy the empty nest - you are still a newlywed (in my eyes) LOL.

Milkdud - That call would've scared me too. Glad Aubrie enjoyed her day.

McPeg - how did the visit to the nursing home go? Check-in and let us know what you are up to.

I had 2 couples over for dinner last night. They didn't know one another, but I had a feeling we would all have a great time and we did. We laughed so hard that I was crying - I am sure it had nothing to do with consuming mass quantities of wine LOL.

We are also having heavy rain all weekend, maybe it will keep me in tomorrow and I get some chores done that have been neglected.

ENJOY

• yankandtex
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Donna~Thanks for the link. What a beautiful place. I would so love to make a trip up the east coast.

Rae~Glad that you had such a good time with your friends. I would have loved to have heard BJ's answers too. And Maddie's would have been special too.

NH Suzanne~I don't eat when Dave is gone so that would be a great way for me to lose weight. LOL I definitely wouldn't like for him to be gone that much. Hope he gets home soon.

McPeg~Hope to hear from you soon.

Milkdud~Now we both have 2 year olds. LOL My DD says that her niece is just like me! I love hearing that. :-)

Gretchen~Enjoy your weekend.

Wodka~So if Tampa had gotten Brett you would be yelling for them, huh? LOL That's all we heard for weeks on end it seemed like.

Dee~Enjoy the party & the game. I'd like to be at a Cowboys game!

Well, I'm off. Have a good one. Patti :-)

• aka_raeanne
    15 years ago

I know Dee is off tailgating, but is anyone else doing laundry besides me???

The sun looks like it is trying to come up, so I think I will get ready to join it. I took a walk this morning, but may take a little hike a little later.

Marci - thinking of you and hoping you are finding some peace.

I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend.

• User
    15 years ago

Hello my friends!
    This week has been positive in many ways. Thank you for thinking about me! I've been 'offline' for forums and surfing alot for quilt ideas, christmas crafts and just mentally 'colouring with my crayons'.
    My dear great aunt told me I look fat (she does everytime I see her and it's funny actually - she's 96 so I give her lots of allowances for quirkieness). A young doctor came and was very unsuccessful trying to make a mold - geez at her age her jaw continues to shrink down, skin grows over. Now I have to call and arrange to have the senior doctor come and try again to make a mold. She has her lower teeth - I thought they were lost - but they are loose. It has literally been 5 months since I have seen her. I don't know where time flies to but it flies some times. Seeing her makes me feel closer to my Mom, in bloodline only. Mary is a sweet old gal. I should see her more often and I think I have been afraid to get close because over the years, as a great aunt, I've not really been a major part of her life. I would normally see her once or twice a year while growing up. She has another nephew - my uncle - he is extremely unwell and has never bothered with her at all. At any rate, I should pop in to see her a little more often. One day she will be gone and then it will be too late. Mary has made us family quilts, baked for us and carried on old family traditions because that is the life she knew. We talked about canning preserves on my last visit and gardening. Most of her 'marbles' are still with her at 96 - I should be blessed to do so well at that age.

Yesterday I had 2 bank appointments for my Mom's estate with my sister that I don't get on with. I have been learning and working on 4 things:
    don't take it personally
    don't assume
    be impeccable with your word
    do your best
    By learning not to assume I did not toss and turn all night worrying about what my sister might have to say during our bank appointments. She is not speaking to me and is in her own world. Too bad. I keep trying to be polite but I get short, rude answers. Her body language still exudes anger, superiority (I think) and negativity. I feel sorry for her. When we left the bank she did not thank the person nor shake their hand - just left. I was embarrassed by her behaviour given she is now a 'director' in our federal government. My parents never taught her manners such as this. The banking officer appeared nervous - maybe because my sister was so short with her answers, seldom smiling and just needing a slap up the head at 46! I shook their hand, thanked them and smiled - I also rolled my eyes at one point. Couldn't help that. Unreal. So I continue to try to be a better person. I don't have to worry about letting go of her in my life because she is shutting out the communication unless necessary. Ah well, that is her journey. I hope she finds happiness somewhere.

Today I'm sitting in bed - clothing all over the bedroom. Pulling out summer clothing for laundry and packing and restoring my fall/winter wardrobe. Fall cleansing and watching my dvd set of The Pallisers (Masterpiece Theatre). I love the period costumes and saga. One day I hope to purchase the north american region of The Duchess of Duke Street. I have the UK and can watch it on my laptop but it's not the same as TV.

Also I have homework from my shrink - complete a quiz on depression (I'm feeling more and more positive about life again) and think about what I would like to get out of my future visits together. I've lucked in meeting a doctor who finally makes me feel comfortable.

So, if I can sort a few things out in my head - one day, one step at a time, I am hoping to return in the right frame of mind for my fall/winter dietary clean-up. I've gained about 8 pounds but that's fine. It will come off when I'm ready to take more care.

Anyhow, I should get going - I can't see my bed right now for clothing and I should get laundry going. Sunday is our cheapest rate day for electricity - laundry.

Will catch up on the posts later!

LOL to all my pals,
    Peggy

• aka_raeanne
    15 years ago

Peggy - if you haven't read "The Four Agreements" please do, it is exactly what you are working on. the "don't take it personal" is the hardest one for me, but I have gotten a lot better.

The rain finally came this afternoon and I decided to clear a corner of my basement - where does all this stuff come from. My promise to myself is to simplify my life and live with much less stuff.

I hope everyone had a wonderful day.

• User
    15 years ago

Yes, I have read the 4 agreements and i am working on the companion books now. A tremendous help and resource for me.
    Cheers,
    Peggy

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022