Return to the Diet Club Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Daily support Sun, 9/;4/2011 to whenever..

Posted by maddie_in_ky (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 4, 11 at 5:38

I swear I hate computers. I had a 30 minute post, and it.just.disappeared. when.I went.to.post.

Really?

Seriously??

ARGH!!!

(Now watch--this one won't disappear--oh nooooooo...., but one that I put time and effort in to----gone.)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Daily support Sun, 9/;4/2011 to whenever..

Bummer Maddie. :(

Ivanmae, I just posted to last weeks thread about your FB concerns. I would be happy to help you.

Besh

o

Thanks! It was a really good post, too. I wonder where they go--are they floating around in space somewhere?

It'll teach me to type in Word first, before I post here! lol

o

I've had that happen too. I never thought about doing it in word first. That is a smart idea. Well, I continually go up and down but am at 152 now. I hope it doesn't go up next week the extra 1/2 pound. Now that our weather is not so hot and not so humid, the dog and I are walking farther. We are both older, so can't do what we used to do at one time and certainly it is not a brisk walk. He stops and sniffs at everything and so I stop too, and rest while he sniffs. Had to wear a jacket the last couple of days.

Thanks Besh for your kind offer. I may take you up on it.

o

I'm doing the same thing. I seem to hover around 155 or so--up a little here, and down a little there. I wish i'd stay down, but at least I'm not way up! :) I've had a sweets craving lately, and am trying to keep that monster under control. It's hard to do with classes, and snack machines everywhere--dangit! I want a Hoho!!

The weather here is lovely, although, I haven't had a chance to walk lately. This past weekend, we had record highs of 100, 11, and 102 (Saturday) Monday was 67. Go figure. I love fall. I love when the leaves fall, and that smell is in the air---nothing like it! :) I hope i get to enjoy it this year!

What breed of dog do you have?

o

I'm so sorry to see this forum failing the way it seems to be. Can't we all make a bit more effort and revive it?

I had my salmon the other night. The first I have ever cooked it, in my almost 81 years. It is not all that easy to buy in our area except frozen and I don't know if that helps the cholesterol as much or not. I love canned salmon but they told me it wasn't as beneficial for you.

Anyway, I cooked it and added some lemon pepper seasoning.and then my son added more lemon jiuce at the table. Because of allergies, I have to be careful of seasoning. It cooked beautifully in the oven, but I don't think I am a salmon fan. I like red snapper and the good old suckers, but not all the bones they have. The flavour of both, I like.

Anyway, I have had a couple of days where my calories were way up. Yes, I know better but....

Lets get this forum growing again.

Have a good Monday, everyone.

o

Hi Iva!

I didn't know that about canned salmon. I love it also, but by the time I make it into coquettes, fry 'em, and eat tartar sauce, I suspect that any goodness they may have had is long gone. Rog grills it, and I really like that also.

I like most fish--can't think fo any that i don't off hand--and I'm having a hankerin' for some fried catfish, anf hushpuppies. Not very good for a person, but it sure sounds good!

Things are about the same around here. School is trying to kill all of us, and I think it may be succeeding in my case; I feel like I've been run over tonight. I'd like to just sit and watch TV, but I have a to-do list that is growing longer as I sit.

o

HAPPY BIRTHDAY IVA!!!!!!!

o

Hello everyone......back to this forum and to WW's to lose a few pounds. I've gained some weight on top of some that I had already gained and it isn't feeling good. I had some snapshots taken recently and I kept thinking "who is that fat woman". I'm 72 years old so I don't have the ability to exercise the way I used to but am starting some exercise too. I joined WW's online so I could get the scoop on the new Points Plus program. My skin is such (at 72) that I don't want to be thin, just "less fat".

Happy to come back here and participate. It helps me stay motivated.

o

Hi everyone! It's been a while, but I'm back. A long year, a summer with two deaths and a bunch of family drama and WHOOSH my weight went right back up.

I wish when I got depressed I would rather run than eat an entire pint of Ben & Jerry's...

But I'm motivated again. Went bike riding twice this weekend with DH and DD and it really was nice. I'm hoping to go out again tonight. I like bike riding because it doesn't feel like exercise.

I fasted last week for a day and that got me ready, now just eating much lower # of calories as my diet plan. I'm not much for injecting myself or special meal plans.

It's been a week since I ate meat and I'm feeling pretty good. Have brown rice and an egg for breakfast, probably will eat a late lunch and then skip dinner.

138 this morning. My goal is 125 so I'm 13 away.

Start: 144 (ouch, ouch ouch)
Lost: 6
Goal: 125
Remaining: 13

I felt kind of crummy until I just did the math out above and realized I'm 1/3 of the way there. Now I'm actually feeling pretty good about it!! Yeah!

I'm hoping to have all the weight off by Thanksgiving. At 1-2 pounds a week I have five weeks x 2 = 10. That would be close enough.

I hope everyone's having a great start to their week!!

o

Hi ladies!

Good to see you both! I haven't been here for a while myself due to school, soI'm really glad to see someone over here to talk to! :)

Ruthie--I know what you mean--I look in the mirror and think--now just who is that, and why are they in my dining room?! lol I need to start exercising again, but I can find every excuse in the book not to.

SS-welcome back! Congrats on being a third of the way to goal! Nice feeling, isn't it?

I have been on a sugar kick lately, and have put back on about 8 pounds. I'm not happy with myself, but that's what I get for going on a doughnut binge. They were good, but they weren't worht it. i'm trying to wean myself off, but it's hard going, particularly since I don't cook much, and just grab what I can.

We can do this!!!!

o

Hi Maddie!
Thanks for the welcome. I'm floating at 135. I guess it's good that I've kept maintaining but it's still frustrating. I need to exercise more, eat less sugar, blah blah blah.

Just hoping to control myself over the holidays at this point.

How are you doing?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Diet Club Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here