Return to the Diet Club Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Success!!

Posted by nwroselady (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 22, 11 at 0:33

I'm so excited I just needed to tell somebody, so you're all elected. I was diagnosed with diabetes in December, 2008. I had an A1C (average blood sugar) reading of 11.7, and weighed 294 pounds, which is a lot for a woman of 5'5".

I started going to Weightwatchers right away. Six months later I'd lost about 50 pounds and felt well enough to start exercising so I joined Curves. I've now lost about 120 pounds and today I found out my recent A1C was down to 5.9, which puts me in the non-diabetic range. Although I still have about 25 pounds to lose (now weighing about 175) it still feels like a tremendous achievement.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Success!!

That IS a tremendous achievement!!! Congratulations!! I am so impressed. Very inspirational.

o

Congratulations!!! That's so great, and I bet you feel a whole lot better too :) Good for you, that's amazing willpower. What an achievement!

o

Fabulous success!! Congratulations!

Can you tell me more about Curves? I am thinking about joining but don't know anyone here who belongs. Do they help you lose weight--that is, personally monitor you--or is it just a round of exercises? Does it work best in tandem with WW or can one lose weight on Curves alone? I have about 15 lbs to lose. Thanks.

o

Though I'm chiming in almost 4 months later, I'm sure it's nice to hear yet another congratulations!

o

You deserve lots of congratulations for a job well done the right way. Good for you.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Diet Club Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here