SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
centralcacyclist

New! Can I play?

centralcacyclist
19 years ago

Hi!

I have finally really decided to lose weight! I have lost 17 pounds since March. The last 10 have come off in the past month. It's been a doozy and made it easy to avoid food I shouldn't be eating.

I have always struggled with my weight since my early teens. I have been up and down the scale but never as large as now. I am short, 5 feet and bit, making every ounce show. I weighed 115 when I got pregnant at age 34 with my first child. I had previously lost 2 pregnancies, one after a very vigorous ballet class, so I was really reluctant to do much exercise and then a couple of weeks of bedrest after some bleeding really made me cautious. I ballooned! I weighed 185 when my son was born. I didn't lose much of the weight and then got pregnant with my daughter. I weighed 195 when she was born. I lost some afterward but then gained it back under stress and loss of exercise time (had to start working through my lunch hours).

Now my kids are 12 and 14 and I'm still fat! I have decided that I need to get healthy as well as set a good example for my kids. No junk in the house anymore! No cookies, no salty, fatty crackers, no chips. They are adjusting, they know it's a good thing. They really love fresh fruit desserts. I am walking and weight training several times per week. I'm just afraid my boobs will look like tube socks when I'm done. :-(

BarnMom

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Franklin County's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living