Return to the Diet Club Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Which Diet

Posted by Nonnie_GA (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 8, 04 at 15:32

I would appreciate someone advising me what differences there are in the Atkins Diet, South Beach, The Zone, etc. so that I can make my choice. Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
Also the Somers and Sugar Busters

Forgot to include Suzanne Somers and Sugar Busters.

o
RE: Which Diet

Nonnie I personally don't consider Adkins safe..not for me at least (ducking all Atkins dieters *LOL*) I am trying South Beach now. I started with phase 2 as I didn't want to chance ketosis. They say U shouldn't go into ketosis even in phase 1 but didn't want to chance it. I have cut down on carbs but not out. I eat at least 1 slice of bread a day..1/2 a cup of beans of some kind every day.. cereal. I have at least 1 carb a meal. I try to have 2 milks but it usually is yogurt & cheese. I have a small snack between each meal. I have cut down on fats but not out.
I'm not breaking any records losing but I am losing.
There is lots of info on the net.
Good luck on which other U chose.

o

Go over to amazon.com, type in a name of a diet book in the search box and then you will get a brief overall of the plan and lots of customer reviews.

I've tried Atkins and Suzanne Somers ~ neither really worked for me. The Zone seems like it would be hard to figure out, although lots of peeps use it. I've had good luck with both The Carbohydrate Addicts Lifeplan and The Fat Flush Plan (which I still follow).

o

Hi,
There's so many diets out there and so many pro and cons on all of them. I just wanted to tell you that I lost 20 lbs by cutting out regular soda and going to diet sodas and drinking more water. Also, cutting out a lot of my sugery foods and fattening foods. And exercise.

I have 30 more to go.

It's a lifestyle change and commitment. And, darn, it doesn't happen overnight. lol I hope you find the right plan for yourself. Just remember, you're not alone. In fact, most of the women I know are battling the same problem. But, thank goodness that today we have so many delicious diet foods to choose from.

o

I was very successful on Weight Watchers--till I stopped doing it and returned to eating the way I did before, and gained it back. But that is true of any of these programs--you have to make a permanent change to keep the weight off. Now I'm back on WW again--it works.

o

It's not necessary to go on a "diet" to lose weight. Simply eating a little less (skipping dessert, for example) and exercising more (or just exercising at all if you're not doing that now) will lead to weight loss.

Jen

o

I lost 12 1/2 pounds on South Beach the first 2 weeks I was on it. Then 6+ pounds the next 2 weeks, and I had lost 26 pounds when I went off the diet. It was (is) the easiest to follow and stay on diet I have ever tried. The only hard part was that I craved fruit sometimes.

I am back on it, in phase 1, and I would like to loose 55 pounds. I know it won't happen overnight, but it will happen.

I wore a size 8 jeans when I quit smoking 5 years ago. I would like to get down to a size 12 at least. I don't have to be model thin, just would like to feel healthy again.

Janie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Diet Club Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here