Return to the Diet Club Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WW questions from a newbie

Posted by vannie (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 18, 08 at 13:51

I post over on the KT but have some questions I bet y'all might know the answers to. I went to a WW meeting this morning and I'm not sure I understand all this stuff. They wouldn't let me take the pamphlets home and unless I know I've "got" this, I won't join. How difficult is it to follow all these points? Do you have to write down everything you eat? Did y'all do the flex or core program? I just don't see how you keep up w/ that every day. The gal said she carried some kind of paper in her purse. Just how hard is it? Can you tell me how you handle it? I just feel like a confused child on this deal. I was the only person there that didn't join.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WW questions from a newbie

Hi, Vannie! I rejoined WW back during the winter, and I opted to do the Core plan this time around. I found the Flex-points plan exhausting to keep up with, to be honest. I've been much more successful this time by knowing exactly what foods I can eat and have really enjoyed the cooking that goes along with it. I keep a mental list of the "required" foods needed for a healthy diet: 2 tsp. healthy oil, healthy grains, lean meats, veggies, and dairy. So much easier!

They didn't want you walking out of there with their literature because you didn't pay for the privilege. It may seem mean to you, but the literature goes along very well with the training you receive after your first meeting and sign-up and subsequent literature you'll receive over the first 10 weeks of membership. Members pay for this knowledge, which is why you weren't given anything to take home to read. If they'll allow you to attend another meeting for free, by all means ask if you can stay for the info meeting for new members afterwards to learn if or which plan is for you.

o
RE: WW questions from a newbie

I was on WW for 3 years. I lost 55 lbs in 11 months. I have not been following it lately or getting regular exercise so gained some back. I am going on a different diet to see if it works as well as WW but I still eat a lot of the WW choices.
WW is easy to do as long as you know how to count. For the flex plan you get a slider that shows you how many points are in each thing you eat that has the calorie/fat/fiber on them and the WW books list every thing else. I still carry my slider in my purse when I go grocery shopping. (There are a lot of the frozen meals that show WW points on the back of the package. Everything else I just used the slider.)
At first you do have to write everything down but after a while you know how many points are in the foods you eat regularly.
With the Flex plan there is a lot of choices of foods. The core plan is good if you cook at home and don't go out to eat a lot.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Diet Club Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here