Return to the Diet Club Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Daily Support Mon. Aug. 16th thru Sun.Aug 22nd

Posted by nhsuzanne (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 16, 10 at 11:04

Good morning lady bugs,

Come out, come out where ever you are and tell us how your weekend was!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Daily Support Mon. Aug. 16th thru Sun.Aug 22nd

My weekend was great. I love PSU main campus and I love visiting my old stomping grounds. Then I came home and touched base with one of my college roommates and did some more reminiscing. For a minute, I felt 21 again.

But then reality set in when I got a phone call to say that the head teacher/director turned in her resignation on Friday. 3 WEEKS BEFORE SCHOOL STARTS! Can you hear me screaming? I can't go into everything that happened last year but I will say it almost did me in. I did the administrative job, but got none of the credit. They said they couldn't hire me as the admin. because they didn't have the money to pay me for doing two positions. But I ended up doing the work anyway (because the person they hired couldn't/wouldn't/didn't do her job), for no pay. The person they hired last year was incompetent. I went to the board at one point and said those exact words - and I was called on the carpet for being uncooperative. Now they see what I was dealing with and it is too little too late!

So I am stressed, but I am determined not to let it get the best of me. I will once again step up to the plate, even though I had decided that I was going to back off this year, and let mistakes happen so the board could see exactly what was going on. They already asked me if I still wanted this to be my last year. I said don't ask me that now.

Now I am off to donate blood and buy some supplies for school. Then I have to meet some board members later and come up with a game plan.

Thanks for letting me vent.
Marci

o

Hi Guys!

Marci! I don't care if you vent - just BE HERE! It was so great to see your name when I logged on here. I hope people SHARE in the admin but if they don't, feel free to come here and talk about it!

Thanks for getting things started this Monday morning, NHSuzanne!

Well, as a couple of you know, I have been MIA out of depression and grief of handing my precious baby (toddler!) boy over to his new pre-adopt parents back in mid-April. Even as I write this, I feel our family's loss in my heart. But, thanks to my dear friends here, I have been getting through it. I have read books on foster parent loss and grief and am doing well. There are those times - finding a baby sock unexpectedly - or this weekend, when I DEEP CLEANED out my laundry room and found the little beanie cap he used to wear...or passing a boy on the street who looks like him and staring...yeah. These things still affect me.

So, I have been going through little rituals to move through the feelings and move on...meaning more smiles than tears when I remember him.

My DD is here from college for the weekend and I took all 4 DDs to the beach last night at sunset and got a portrait done...the first one in 3 years without the little guy sitting on my lap... It went well. I thought I'd be a mess, but I was fine. We all dressed in black and gray-colored clothes and wore jeans. The night was beautiful and the photographer was marvelous. Ahhhh...anopther milestone...being thankful for what I have...

So...on the diet front - no more weight loss, but last week, I did 90 minutes of eliptical. I'm trying for an hour a week to start --and marking it on a calendar.

The fair is this week and I am making 4 entries in the photo portion of the competition - MY FIRST FAIR ENTRIES EVER! I will try to email it to you all, so you can see what I'm entering. Gretchen! -- Remember I am an amateur! lol.

News update expected FROM EVERYONE now that I've done mine. :-) haha.

o

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARCI!

I wish I could post a picture, a cake, whatever....

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU.............
HAPPY BIRRRTHHHTDDDAYYY SWEET, DEAR, HARD-WORKING, STRONG-YET-GENTLE, MARRRRRRCCCCCIIIII
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

Marci, I wish you the best of days. I know this is a difficult time, but you will get through it as always...one step at a time. Please feel free to come here and vent away. No judgements, just a free space.

[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[HUGS TO ALL OF YOU]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]

o

Happy birthday to our dearest Marci! Leave your cares behind and enjoy the day. Only you would be so giving to give the gift of life on your birthday - you truly are always an inspiration to me to be a better person. LOVE YOU.

BJ - I'm so happy that you are posting and taking such positive steps to move forward. The guy you met last weekend wasn't from the wedding DD was at, but she said it easily could have been LOL. She loved your rock and said she didn't want to leave. She stayed at a friends apartment that looks out at the harbor. She also loved your Alaska (especially Denali) and can't wait to go back. I know your photos are amazing - you are a very creative person.

Dee - we need to know what is going on in your world.

Tikanis - have you been out kayaking these days?

I have had some company, a lot of work and some time out on the lake - no painting though - can't do it all.

love to all.

o

Dear Marci! I hope you have a wonderful day!

o

Happy birthday, Marci. Hope today's a better day for you. Where's the wine and cheese???

o

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MARCI!!!!! WE LOVE YOU!!!!

You are such a GIFT to us and to the children you teach!

Over the years, I have cherished your funny "kid" stories and compassion toward children and parents in hard times. I also laugh and can relate to your frustration when faced with an unruly, sugar-filled kiddo! (Those Halloween, Winter Holiday, & Valentine's Day parties!)

Anyway, sometimes, after spending so many years nuturing other people's kids, it's time to nuture YOURSELF! I'm just learning about that - lol. Don't continue letting the pre-school use you UP...save some joy of the job for memories! Make it your last and BEST year! Let the countdown BEGIN!

And come here often - we love you so much - you have been a cheerleader and GREAT friend to me over many, many years. Thank you for that and have a GREAT birthday, sistah!

o

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DEAR MARCI!

I wish you all the best in life - physical and mental health, joy, curiosity, and TLC!

BJ, I'm so happy to see you posting again. I know you have been through the wringer emotionally these last months, but it sounds like you are adapting and learning how to live with things as they are now.

Raeanne, Dee, Jan, and Suzanne, I always love seeing y'all here!!!

The Big D process is once again bogged down, and almost-exh has made life miserable as possible for me. Good thing that my friend who's hosting me is 100% there for me through everything. You never really know someone until the s**t hits the fan. Glad I landed in a friendly place to live, and I know where to come when I need cyber hugs!

Wishing everyone a terrific Tuesday!

o

MARCI! MARCI! MARCI!

A million apologies. My July calendar looks like it says August 17 for Marci's birthday.

However, I believe your special day was August 11?

Please check in and join the party, even if it's late!

o

I'll take a party anyday. lol Yes, technically my birthday was the 11th, but the sentiments are gratefully accepted even a week late. (me taking a bow)

Raeanne - I can't accept sainthood for donating blood on my birthday though, since I donated on the 16th. LOL

DeeMarie - Bless you for remembering me, no matter the day. I am looking through your cookbook and making a shopping list. Did you get my thank you email?

NHSuzanne - Thanks for the sparkly birthday gif! I am halfway through the July/August Food issue and have dogearred (sp?)so many pages already.

((BJ)) - You are such a special person and gave that special boy such a great gift. Celebrate that gift and know that if it wasn't for you and your family, Baby V wouldn't have been able to go to another loving family for keeps. Your beach picture sounds so idyllic! Sigh. Thank you for your kind words.

((Milkdud)) - I so wish at times like this we all didn't have so much distance between us. Your situation calls for a bottle of wine and some serious girl talk/guy bashing!!

Wodka - I'll bring the wine, you bring the cheese!! Aged white cheddar (Black Diamond) if you please. LOL (I went to buy Black Diamond once and dropped the block when I realized it was $12.99/lb!)

Besh & Gretchen - If you are peeking in, thanks for the birthday wishes on FB.

Don't want to talk preschool during a party, so I'll save that for another day. I just put Ivamae's blueberry muffins in the oven. Our financial advisor is coming at 8:30/am tomorrow and I thought it would be nice to have muffins and coffee ready. They smell wonderful and got rave reviews over at the KT.

Thanks again everyone!! Love you all.
Marci

o

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARCI!!!!

OXOXOX

o

Milkdud: Just remember the words of Cher:

You know what the problem with women is?

They get all excited over nothing....

and then they MARRY him!!!

o

Hi all!

Marci! Belated Happy Birthday! I can't add anymore to the sentiments already expressed, except to say love ya!! :)

Beege--love you too! I am sorry that you're hurting so bad, but I'm so proud of you for the way that you're dealing with it. I think that he'll remember the love you gave him, and one day, when he's older, you'll find him on your doorstep, wanting to say thanks.

I just got back from vacation this past weekend, and it was lovely. Classes start next Monday, though, and I'm amazed that the summer has flown by so quickly. Chirstmas will be here before you know it.

Hope all is well! (Has anyone heardfrom Amy?)

Hugs,

Maddie

o

Marci,

I am so sorry I missed your day :-(
I am glad it was wonderful!!!
I can't add anything either except to say I wish you a fantastic year....you deserve it!

Donna

o

Marci - You are still a saint in my book LOL.

Milkdud - good quote

o

HAPPY (belated) BIRTHDAY MARCI!!!

Go ahead and vent, girlfriend! I have NO IDEA how you do the job you do. You shape our children and therefore our future, so we are ALL indebted to you.

I hope this, your last year, is your very BEST year!

(((HUGS)))

Tikanis

o

I think it's time to start planning a get together somewhere. Maddie suggested a place in Indiana a long time ago but I can't remember the name. Maddie? Seriously, seriously, seriously.

o

Happy Hump Day, y'all!

I have no idea what the temp is or what the weather will be today since I'm still using my friend's computer with no weather bug. It's overcast though, and that's nice for a change. It's been forever since this part of Dallas had rain. I'm starting to wonder if I'm a jinx here!

BJ, thanks for the quote. I need to remember that in case there's a next time, too!

Marci, your party was a lot of fun. Glad you enjoyed it! ;) I'd love a glass of wine and girl talk right now. I have too much alone time to think, and it's rarely constructive thinking I've noticed. The most phone calls I receive are from the almost-xh, and those are just upsetting, never helpful. My family has adopted a hands-off policy, it seems, so my roomie is about the only one in whom I can confide. I know this, too, shall pass, but the interim is sucky.

Ok, enough of that! It's wonderful seeing so many wonderful people checking in this week. I love the familiar! Wishing everyone a great Wednesday!

o

Hi Guys - and John and George!

Maddie - I agree with NHSuzanne - we need to ALL get together. Can it be somewhere where Alaska Airlines flies? - or maybe Las Vegas - soooooooo cheap to fly there usually...and what happens in Vegas...?

Milkdud~ Hang in there. REALLY. So glad you have your roomie to talk to. I've been married three times and never hated the guy enough to give back the engagement or wedding ring - lol...! (Eva or ZsaZsa Gabor actually said that!)

I entered my photos in the fair. 2 in Competitive Class and 2 in Open Class. I will get them out to a couple of you to forward around! It's another healing thing for me - cuz 2 of them are of my little guy!

Maddie: If Baby V lands on my doorstep tomorrow or in 18 years, I will have college tuition, hugs, smiles, and tears. I am always hoping if he does pop in, that he will have had a loving environment in which to grow.

MARCI: I would have a party EVERY DAY for you if you wanted one! That was fun yesterday!

Back to the grind~

o

My ears were burning *wink*

I noticed Maddie had checked in, and Maddie, my lovely Maddie, where WERE you?

I've been on my yacht with my illusion of girlfriend, Elisabetta. (I only have eyes for you, Maddie) That gigantic ring she's sporting is really just a napkin ring. We'll be at the Primetime Emmys on August 29th where I'll receive the Bob Hope Humanitarian Award. If I smile toward the camera, I'll really be smiling at YOU GALS.

You are so supportive of each other, it warms my heart. This place amazes me. I can't believe you all live so far apart and are so close emotionally.

Enjoy the week. Talk to you soon.

o

All the best to everyone.

This is a very late birthday wish but anyway, Marci, I wish you all the best.

I didn't give back my engagement ring from my second marraige, either. I sold it and bought a good vacuum cleaner. The third partner was absolutely wonderful but we had only a bit less than 6 years together. He passed away very, very suddenly at that time. Anyway, I have many, many happy memories of that union. So thankful for it.

I'm still making chemo caps and cannot beleive that I'm actually on my 25th one. That was my goal and I thought I could never ever do it. I've enjoyed it so much and I don't think I am going to stop.

I tried something different on the last 2. I have often wondered if it was possible to combine knitting and crocheting on the same cap. I have never seen it mentioned. Anyway, I decided to experiment and had success. Am I ever happy about that. I crocheted the crown part, then knit the main part and then crocheted a turn back band at the bottom.

I'm also singing in my heart to-day. To-day was weigh in and after sitting pretty still the last few weeks, I was shocked to see I was down 2 pounds. I do really think drinking more fluids is a good idea. I think it helps keep the fluids from building up but I'm not sure I'm right. Anyway, it doesn't matter, I'm just happy with the scales to-day

Once again - All the best to everyone

o

Parties ARE so much fun! LOL Thanks again for everyone's birthday wishes.

Maybe all that good cheer and happy thoughts worked its way over the internet and caused something good to happen. They have hired a new teacher/director already and she is young and enthusiastic and I am very excited to work with her. I have agreed to take on the admin work for now, with the understanding that I will hand it over to her when she gets settled into the job. I will put it all in writing or on CDRom for future reference, so when I leave next year, I will be able to leave with a clear conscience.

And the second good thing to happen is that the school board has finally seen the light and realized what a "dud" they hired last year and they are seeing what I was up against. This summer, the "dud" was supposed to be handling all paper work. Now we are getting tons of phone calls and finding out that she never mailed any paperwork out, didn't return phone calls and basically lied to so many people. But I feel vindicated and my sterling reputation has been restored! Ha!

I will be busier than a one armed paper hanger for the next few weeks as we have to hit the ground running and make up for lost time. But I feel energized to be doing something positive and heading in the right direction instead of straight into a brick wall.

Ivamae-I made your blueberry muffins for a breakfast meeting we had today and they were delicious. Thanks for a great recipe. I am going to try emailing you about some yarn I have. If you see a strange email with YARN in the subject line, it is from me.

George - Sooooooooo good to hear from you. Will be watching you at the Emmy's and looking for that special smile. LOL

Hello and hugs to EVERYONE!

Marci

o

Good Morning!

Someone backed into DH's '62 Nova and I have to follow him to the body shop to drop it off this morning. Then I am off to preschool to start organizing and getting some paperwork done.

Hope everyone has a great day!!

o

Happy THURSDAY!

Sorry about the Nova, Marci. Hope it looks like new soon.

George, thanks for stopping by and letting gals know about that smile. It will be nice to attend the Emmys with you, and I promise not to mention anything to 'liz or Maddie. ;)

Milkdud, keep the ring(s) and the dignity. You will get to the other side of this before you know it, and we are all here to lift you out of any funk you fall into! lol!

BJ, stay strong. You are a rock!

Gotta run and speak with my new director. She is a doll!

Make today count!
Dee

o

Hi all!

Marci! Such good news! I'm so glad that the new director is great, and I hope that things will start to straighten out.

George, George, George--You worry me. She's stunning, but can't spelll 'Elizabeth' correctly. And I thought 'betta' was a fish. What gives? But I'll still be watching you and blowing you kisses through the TV. LMAO!!

Suzanne, it was either Dee or me that mentioned a local, nationally-known natural spring spa not too far from Louisville called French Lick. (Can't make that one up! We alo have a state park called Big Bone Lick.) I'd love to have a get together! Vegas does sound like fun, too. Chicago? NYC? The h3ll with it--lets go on a cruise from FL. Can you imagine? We'd end up in the pokey or the national news! LOLOL!

Beege, I entered a cake, some cookies, and some jerky in the KY state fair, but I won't be able to check on how I did until next week. I hope I did well. :)

Hope all is well!

Hugs,

Maddie

Here is a link that might be useful: French Lick/Wst Baden resort & spa

o

I would love to go!!!!! Will have to catch up and check in. Reconnected with some VERY, VERY old friends on Facebook. We are getting together Saturday!

o

Thank you Marci!! I just got the cute clipboard and note pad!
The clip broke off of my old clipboard over a week ago and I have been trying to hold notes together with paper clips ( can't flip thru THOSE very well)

The card is on my mantle. I LOVE Lucy too!

(((hugs)))

Tikanis

o

I am a day late and a dollar short-lol-but yesterday was Tikanas' birthday, so we are having a party today to celebrate.
Bring your party hats and BYOB!

cake

Happy Belated Birthday Tikanas!!

o

HAPPY BIIIRRTHHHDAAAAA DEAR, INSIGHTFUL, ALWAYS HELPFUL, WE-LOVE-YOUR-POSTS TIKANISSSSSSSSSSSSS
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!!

Make this weekend a restful and pampering one. You are a cherished member of our group here.

I've got some fresh mozarella, roasted red peppers, and pepperoni. I need a bottle of red wine and some good crusty bread.....

Dee

o

Happy B-Day Tikanis!

Tikanis: "Hi. How are you?" Are you Greek? I enjoy the Greek Islands frequently!

I hope you had a large time on YOUR day. You sound like a person who never stops - have I got that right?

I'm still learning about everyone here - when are you girls going to stop torturing me and JUST TELL ME ABOUT YOURSELVES?

o
RE: Maddie

Maddie... and betta "fish" must live alone. And so my "gal pal" does. Sadly, you're married and so I must take what I can afford... and just dream of sometime having you as a guest on my yacht.

BTW, I have my Lake Como Villa up for sale currently and it has to be ready to show constantly, otherwise I would invite you all for a get together there.

o

Thank you so much for the birthday wishes! I am having a great birthday week!

Tomorrow I FINALLY get to pick up the new kayak! I'll take it for a paddle out on the bay for a couple of hours.I can hardly wait!

Then in the afternoon, I am attending a friend's dtrs going away party. Tomorrow night is our family birthday party at my sis' house. I took my first full day off in almost 4 weeks today.... Whew! Sunday it's church and then veg out ALL DAY LONG!!!

George, sweetie, yes I am Greek! But alas, you are not really my type, sad to say. Have you got a brother who is maybe the rugged cowboy type? Wouldn't turn down a spin on your yacht though... ; )

You guys are just the best!

love,

Tikanis

o

Tikanis, Happy Belated Birthday. It sounds like the festivities are continuing through the weekend for you. Enjoy!

oxBesh

o

Happy belated birthday Tikanis!! Your weekend sounds perfect..enjoy!

o

Happy SATURDAY!!!!

George, I admire the fact that you are not playing favorites (well, except for Maddie!), and we would all like to accept an invitation to another of your fabulous homes. Please send me a private message and I promise to share the location with the others here. ;0)

Enjoy the weekend!
Dee

o

OOps, I haven't checked in lately - so, I join all the other belated birthday wishes to you, Tikanis! Have a great weekend with your new kayak!

o

Happy Belated Birthday Tikanis! I hope that you are enjoying your weekend and that your ride in your new kayak is a blast.
Thinking of you!!

o

• Posted by bee (My Page) on
    Sun, Aug 22, 10 at 22:49

I am new to this forum and start my HCG diet (500 cal) tomorrow. I am very excited and hopeful about this but a little anxious at the same time. Is there anything you can do about the hunger? Also I have high blood pressure and take medication so I'm wondering about that and the low salt with increased water intake.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Diet Club Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here