Return to the Diet Club Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Just Joined Weight Watchers - Anyone using website?

Posted by esmiley (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 27, 04 at 10:42

Pushing 50 and 180 lbs ... aargh! I need all the help I can get. I have been a low carber before low carb was popular. It used to work for me but now I'm gaining weight and bored with it so, I cheat with bread, fruit, etc. Anyway, that's my story.

I tried weight watchers 25 years ago (when I was 10 lbs overweight) and the program was simple, you know, 2 fats, 1 protein, 1 bread .... etc. This point system is new to me but looks easy enough. I have gone to the WW website and it has alot to offer if you subscribe to their members only area. Anyone using this? Has it made a difference?

I appreciate your thoughts and any inspiration I can get.

Ellen

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Just Joined Weight Watchers - Anyone using website?

Hi Ellen,

I started my weightloss program about a month ago. Previously, I had tried to lose with exercise alone, and not changing my diet. Well, I never lost any weight, but I did feel a lot healthier. Fell out of the routine years ago, unfortunately.

Now I'm trying the WW points system on my own. I looked at the WW website. Joining online would be my second choice. I'm not one to go to the meetings. But I have been doing OK on my own. So I'm sticking with that for now. I'm gradually getting back into the exercise, too.

MaryAnnTX, who posts here, has a great website with all the points values. It has made all the difference for me.

All I can say is that this is the first time in my life that I've seen the numbers on the scale going down, instead of up, lol. So I'm having fun learning this new way of life. I discovered that my main problem was that I just eat way too much--no real sense of appropriate portions.

Please feel free to join us on the Dieting Pals thread, if you'd like.

Here is a link that might be useful: MaryAnn's Points website

o

Hi Ellen and welcome! I have counted points using the Weight Watchers method, but never actually joined the program. I was able to lose to within 3 pounds of my goal weight. Then I got off the program and haven't been able to make myself get back! I have only gained 6 lbs back, so that makes me around 10 lbs more than I would like to be and I think all 10 lbs are in my stomach! I hate that!!! I always had a flat stomach until I hit around 47 or 48 and then the weight decided it liked my stomach area.
I didn't do any exercising while counting points, but I have started an exercise program of my own the past week and plan to keep it up. Hopefully I can get toned up and build some muscle so that I can get rid of the ab flab!

Buglady, thanks for the nice words about my website! I just put info there that really helped me while I was counting points. If you come across more helpful info just let me know and I'll be happy to add it to the webpage.

My biggest problem is that at age 55 I still eat like a teenager. I love junk food! I guess I'm really fortunate that I haven't gained more than I have considering my eating habits.

MaryAnn (who just finished off some ice cream and a few cookies, and feel like it all went straight to my stomach!)

o

I was an Online WW until the first of this month and I dropped it (think it was about $15 per month.) I mostly used the Recipe Builder. You can type in your recipe and it will give you the points. I was stalled and my husband who is diabetic wanted to do Protein Power Plan (not as strict as Atkins) so we started that WOE August 4. I am mainly trying to get my minimum protein requirement in each meal and watching my carbs. I have so far kept off 5# but more important to me lost 5.5 inches over all last month.

WW is a good program and will surely work if you will also work the program!

Susy/Missouri

o

I appreciate your responding! Been offline for a while due to the hurricanes (live in Tampa, Florida...) and now we have Ivan coming first of the week.

Anyway ... since I posted all excited with WW - I GAINED 4 lbs!!! and, I was within my point range - what's up with that? So depressed, but pressed on and now I'm beginning to lose. I think my body wasn't used to so many calories and my metabolism was stalled or something.

I went ahead and joined WW online web tools and it's pretty good - probably didn't need to but sometimes one feels desperate (and besides, with the temporary gain I haven't been back to meetings and the bad part of that is the meeting leader is someone I knew 20+ years ago and we "re-bonded" if you will - why me?)

Thanks for the invite to DIETPALS, see you there...
ellen

o

He, Ellen, I'm a WWer, too. In my case, I attend Weight Watchers at Work, which is hugely convenient and gives me lots of diet buddies here at the office. The web site has some great recipes. The boards are full of... uh... interesting personalities.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Diet Club Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here