Return to the Diet Club Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
RE: 6 week Body Makeover Program??

Posted by azraelle (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 18, 08 at 10:33

RE: SALT!!

As the Harvard Nurses Study, and several more recent studies have shown, salt has no relationship to high blood pressure, or incidence of heart attacks, whatsoever. As was pointed out in Diet For A Small Planet over 30 years ago, and has been corroborated in recent studies, as long as your Sodium/Potassium intake is approximately 3:1, sodium (salt) intake isn't a problem metabolically. Haven't tried the 6 week body makeover program, so I don't know specifically why Michael Thurmond hates salt so much. If it has anything to do with the above-mentioned items, though, I would think that if you adjusted your Potassium intake upward (most Americans' Sodium/Potassium intake is more in the neighborhood of 10:1 or worse), that the actual weight loss would be just as profound (as opposed to water loss). Anyone care to try it??

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: RE: 6 week Body Makeover Program??

Do you have a link to this program? I'm out of the loop on all of this. I did have the book Diet for a Small Planet years ago along with the NY Times cookbook. Both were / are very good.
Who is Michael?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Diet Club Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here