Return to the Diet Club Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Weekly Weigh-in, Week of 8/9/09

Posted by harold14370 (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 9, 09 at 8:40

Hello.

The results of last week's weigh-in are as follows.

Harold - Weight 207, lost 2, total lost 68
Silver - Weight 131, lost 1, total lost
Eklektos - Weight 138.5, gained 1, total lost 13.5
Jasmi - Weight 134.6, lost 0, total lost 13.4
Betty - Weight 159, lost 0, total lost 21
Helen - Weight 159.6, lost 2.6, total lost 40.4
Ivamae - Weight 180, lost 3, total lost 12
Ivamae is the winner of the silver scale award this week. Nice week for Helen, too.

My results for this week.
Weight 206, lost 1, total lost 69
Average Calories: Food 1700, exercise 271.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Weekly Weigh-in, Week of 8/9/09

Weight 157.6, lost 2, total lost 42.4

I stayed pretty much on track this week. Did my workouts and ate the right foods.

o

Congrats harold and helen on your weight lose.
harold, you are almost 200. What is the normal weight range for your height ? You are so close to getting under 200:-))

o

Helen, nice going.

Jasmi, thanks. To get to a normal weight range, I have to get down to 177, so I still have a way to go.

When I started the diet, 200 was my original goal. I thought if I was able to get to about that weight, I might be able to get off my blood pressure and/or diabetes medicine. It doesn't look like that will happen, though. BP and glucose readings have come down a bit, but not that much. Nevertheless, I'm a lot healthier now.

The family reunion is on Saturday. I'll no doubt get my picture taken then, and I plan to post that, along with the one from a year ago. Look for it.

o

Hi, everyone. There are some really good-looking numbers on this board today: Harold is still doing great and really shrinking. Helen and Ivamae are pulling some great numbers. Everyone is really looking good. Congrats to all!

I was 138 this morning, so I'm chipping away at the 1 pound gain of before. I think I might have done better this week, but I let myself eat a friend's homemade pad Thai with spring rolls after weeks of being invited. It was delicious, but an hour later, I was falling asleep on her couch. I think it's all out of my system now, so back to normal.

I won't be weighing in next week. We'll be traveling. See you in 2 weeks. Best wishes to all you losers! You're doing great!

152/138/119

o

Hi guys

I forgot to weigh in this morning. Will do it tomorrow.

Harold, it would have been very nice if ur BP and glucose readings could have gone lower. I heard ppl with high cholesterol, and/or diabetic should take significant amounts of niacin and potassium. It is also said that potassium would keep excess weight at bay.With your determination, i am pretty sure you will be hitting at 177 number very soon. we are definitely looking forward for your before and after photos.

I am kinda relaxed these days. Not able to motivate myself to add some exercise into my routine. i am hoping i would keep up my spirits and reach my weigh goals. My mini goal for now is 129.
Ek, we will miss you for next 2 weeks.

o

Good Evening,

I've had a busy day today. I did weigh this morning, but it isn't pretty. We'll discuss that later.

Way To Go, Ivamae!! WOO HOO!! Congrats on the silver scale award. Keep up the good work.

Harold, Great Job on those 2 pounds. You just keep knocking them off. I'm so proud of you.
I know you will have a great time at your family reunion. Looking forward to your pics.
Even though I had terrible numbers this week, I was downloading/uploading ( I'm so computer dumb I'm not sure which you call it) pics from my camera to my computer today and there was one of me holding the newest Grandson. I could see that I had lost weight. I think that may give me the incentive to get back in the swing and finish what I started.

Ek, I wish you good health and safety while you are gone. You can tell us all about it when you get back.

Jas, You just gave me an excuse for my bad numbers this week!! I had a very bad 'charlie horse' in my calf muscle day before yesterday morning. So bad that it woke me from a deep sleep hurting like crazy. So, I know I'm low on potassium. I couldn't keep that excess weight at bay!!! That's my story and I'm sticking to it!! LOL

Helen, I saved you for last because we were so close in our weight. You are doing so well and I'm proud of you. But, I think you need to give me a stern talking to. Not only did I not lose any weight this week, but I gained a significant amount. It is one thing to just hit a plateau for a week or 2, but I've been eating the wrong things all week and the scales show it. Last week I fell off of the wagon with chocolate ice cream several times. Then, friday I had chinese for lunch with my daughter. Then my son decided that night when we went school-clothes shopping that he wanted to eat chinese. So, Chubby-Butt here ate it TWO TIMES IN ONE DAY!!!! Saturday was a baby shower at 2pm (various snacks, a chocolate bon-bon AND a slice of cake)and an anniversary party at 7pm ( dinner AND a slice of coconut pie).
OK, I've put it off as long as I can.

My weight this morning: 163 pounds.

If there was a 'broken scale award' I would win it this week.

Betty

o

Hi

I was 134.0 this morning . Will catch you guys later in the day ..

o

Eklektos, enjoy your trip, and congrats on turning it around and heading in the right direction.

Jasmi, that's nice progress.

Betty, you know what needs to be done and I'm sure you'll get back on track.

o

I weighed this morning and have lost 1 pound this past week. I'm now at 179

I posted this earlier this morning but don't see it now. Must have done something wrong.
ivamae

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Diet Club Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here