Return to the Diet Club Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
atkins -- no can do!!!

Posted by chery2 (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 16, 08 at 3:39

DH and I decided to try the Atkins diet, what with all the updated good reviews. After the 3rd day of "Induction," I went to the library to get an overview. What I found in Atkins' Diet Revolution book was a list of prescription meds that "might hinder or prevent weight loss." Each of us takes at least two meds in the list!
So I took the book home to show DH, and we're back to the drawing board w/ a low-calorie regimen. What I need is a website with a comprehensive list of all foods and their calories.
Thanks in advance,
chery2

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: atkins -- no can do!!!

I don't know why you dumped the Atkins program. It is true that certain meds cause weight gain but going on a low calorie diet is not going to change that. You'll still be fighting the effects of the meds.

If you Google you get all sorts of sites listing food calories. None of them are going to list ALL foods and most do not differentiate between brands of prepared items like breads.

While you're at it Google for listing of calories in restaurant entrees so you can make the right choice when you dine out.

o

While this is a great idea of checking on Google and planning your restaurant choices prior to leaving your home are great ideas. I recently read an article that about different types of diets. It actually mentioned about using a low carb diet, but not totally cutting out on all of your food for calorie count.
Also here is a new diet plan that I found online, I have not tried it, but it reads like it will work out really well for anyone. I am pondering taking it on myself, but do not know yet.

Here is a link that might be useful: Have not tried it, but read on it.

o

Check out Sparkspeople.com - it's totally free with a ton of tools, menu ideas, support...or inspiration.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Diet Club Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here