Return to the Diet Club Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I reached my goal

Posted by alice62 (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 11, 04 at 18:32

I wanted to be 125 by the time I turned 42 on July 14th. This morning I weighed in and was there, yay!
I started out Feb. 18th at 180 lbs. And have been exercising and eating healthfully (very healthfully) ever since, and it worked. I feel so much better, my blood pressure is completely normal now, and it is so nice to not have my thighs rub together when I walk lol. I still have alot of firming up to do, and now that I have reached my goal I really would like to lose about 5 or 6 more pounds (I was trying to be realistic when I origanally set my goal) but I probably need to exercise those extra pounds away, I will take my time, and not worry too much about those 5 or 6 pounds, I know it will happen. I know I need to firm up, and I'm sure that takes some time.
Anyway, just wanted to let you guys know that I reached my goal, and being able to come here and read about all of your sucesses, and your encouragement has really helped me, so thanks!!!
I'll still be here, I know with my genes, this will be a lifelong commitment.
alice

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I reached my goal

Way to go, Alice! That is tremendous - and a very happy birthday to you this week! What an accomplishment! You are a shining example to us all! I am very happy for your success!

Teresa - who is not at goal yet, but approaching the first 20 lbs. lost goal, 4 lbs down this week, how could that be?

o

Congradulations Alice, and Happy Birthday. Stick around and keep posting. You can be the inspiration for our weight loss and posting can keep you on track with maintainance.

Controling our weight is definately a lifelong commitment. I totally hear you about the thighs rubbing together. That was the first thing I noticed the first time I lost a substantial ammount of weight.

Hope we continue to see you on the "diet pals" threads.

o

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!
You go girl!
I am sooooo very happy for you. Please keep posting and let us know how you get on!
McPeg
(Cheering madly for you!)

o

You are a true inspiration - congratulations on all your hardwork and determination. Happy Birthday - what a great gift you gave yourself!

o

Doing the happy dance for you! Congratulations!

Please stick around and give us a boot in the butt when we start to falter!!

Happy Birthday! You gave yourself the gift of good health!

o

Thanks guys, and thanks for the birthday wishes!
I got a nice little surprise at the dr.'s office yesterday.
I weighed 2 pounds lighter on their scale. So I am really at 123, my scale weighs 2 pounds heavier, yay, better than the other way around lol.
Thanks for wanting me to stick around, I will definately be here. I start every morning out reading the posts here, you guys are my inspiration. I need to work on this every day for the rest of my life. Obesity runs in my family, and I can never let myself get that way again. Thanks for all of the support that you guys so readily share.
alice

o

Hi Alice,

Congratulations, what a great acomplishment!!!! You should be proud.

Happy Birthday,

Besh

o

Congrats!

and WOW! Over 55 lbs in 5 months!

Did you use any particular eating plan or different exercise routine?

Do tell!

And again, congratulations! That's something to be very proud of!

o

Thank you Besh.
Wild chicken, I just eat very healthfully, such as...
oatmeal or bran for breakfast (no sugar) non fat milk,
lunch is low fat cottage cheese or yogurt and maybe a piece of fruit, or sometimes low sodium turkey breast, or salads with lots of vegies, no dressing.
dinner is usually a vegie burger, steamed plain broccoli, steamed fresh spinich, or maybe grilled zucchini, a fruit or yogurt. Anyway, you get the idea. I do have a snack in the afternoon, something healthy from the above list, or celery with low carb peanut butter. Lots of water. And I pretty much eat fresh vegetables whenever I feel hungry.
As for exercise, I go to the gym and do an hour of cardio five days a week, usually the eliptical for 30 min. and the treadmill for 30 min. and every other day I add 30 min of weights.
Thanks,
alice

o

THANKS!

Sounds like you got the diet and exercise handled!

Superior!

Great program and healthy eating!

Happy b day!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Diet Club Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here