SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
janet_ks

6 Week Body Makeover Program??

janet_ks
18 years ago

Just wondering....has anyone ever used Michael Thurmond's 6 Week Body Makeover Program? If so, what did you think of it?

Thanks,

Janet

Comments (69)

• slahgirl
    16 years ago

Ruthie G-I can't get in the group. Can you send me an invite link? Thanks!

• slahgirl
    16 years ago

Missy I think we are the only ones still posting on this topic! I am ordering this plan today! I am not sure which place to order it from....I want to start eating the plan today, can you tell me where to find a list of what I can and cannot eat before my kit arrives? I dont' want to wait! I already did the profile, I am a type C. Have you stuck to it? THANKS!!

• Related Discussions

Weekly Weigh-in, Week of 6/14/09

Q

Comments (15)
    Good Morning, I hope Silver has a blast at her beach wedding. I'm sure she will be glowing at all of the compliments she will get on how GREAT she looks. I fixed shrimp scampi last night and baked me spaghetti squash to go with it while the others had regular pasta. I LOVE that stuff! It's like eating candy. I have to laugh at Aunt Bernice. She's been living with us a week today and has gained 4 pounds! I told y'all she eats constantly! She had 4, yes FOUR, cornbread muffins, slathered in butter, at dinner last night! After weighing and being surprised at her weight gain she said, "Oh, that's nothing. I'll go to the bathroom and lose that." She is such a trip! She can make a dead dog get up and laugh! Ek, doesn't that just tick you off? You work soooo hard to lose 1 pound and deviate once and gain back 2! Helen, We still don't know what happened to your foot. But, we like that you're still losing. Chicken dipped in gravy? How sweet is that? I'm with you on the cole slaw. LOVE the stuff. Jas, I had to laugh at you being sure you were 138. Boy, those scales are determined to like only what they like!!! Ohhhh, size 6 jeans. I remember those days. WAY TO GO, GIRL!!!!! I will check out that Slim in 6 when I can get motivated. Hello, my name is Lazy and I am a non-exerciser. And I'm hoping these "Exernon" meetings are going to help me. Peg and Karen, where are you? Harold, What can I say? You got us started on this journey and you are our "Bright and shining star" who keeps us focused and marching steadily toward our goal. Always encouraging and setting the right example. Alcohol to help HDL levels. Hmmmm.....interesting. What do you do if you are a non-drinker? I use some wine in cooking. But, not every day. Would like to know what his second favorite suggestion would be for us non-drinkers. Congrats on all of those good results. That's the best result of this journey. Health. Raining again today. A good day to clean closets and cook. It stopped raining yesterday long enough for me to FINALLY get around to cleaning the back deck, putting a few flowers in pots for the hummingbirds (still have about 10 empty pots, as well as about 8-10 at her house to bring over and fill), and cleaning and refilling the fountain. Now Aunt Bernice can sit at the sliding doors and watch the action. Next year I've GOT to learn how to successfully grow flowers from seed for all of those pots. This is getting way too expensive. Anyone have any suggestions for a fast grower I could direct sow in the pots now? We are zone 7. I just bought a pack of basil seeds. I'll try those. Any other suggestions would really be appreciated. Have a great day, Betty
    ...See More

RE: 6 week Body Makeover Program??

Q

Comments (1)
    Do you have a link to this program? I'm out of the loop on all of this. I did have the book Diet for a Small Planet years ago along with the NY Times cookbook. Both were / are very good. Who is Michael?
    ...See More

Michael Thurmond's 6-week body make over program

Q

Comments (1)
    Rosie, I am just starting this program and I am a type "E" or so I'm told. Has it been hard? I mostly find people that are A's or B's. Do you have any tips that you could give me? Also, has it worked for you?
    ...See More

6 Weeks to Fitness: Who's In?

Q

Comments (48)
    Ann, I absolutely agree with your stepmother. I am viewing this as an investment in myself, which will help EVERYONE in my family. If I have good health in the long run, which means a positive, peaceful attitude, then we all win. For me, the time is just as much as an obstacle as the money, though. I am often alone with my (young) children for 13+ hours, so for me, at-home exercise will work the best instead of having to worry about childcare . . .if we were closer to a Y, that would be an option, though. I will have to keep researching, though. Maybe there is another place that is easier to get to. I read a study that said a facility needs to be no further than 12 minutes away in order for you to be more likely to go! Ellendi, thank you for the recommendation! I will look that up. Interesting that it's fallen out of favor, but I guess not surprising. I guess there are trends in exercise just like everything else! Tina, yes!! You don't have to be online, anyway, esp. if it cuts into your actual exercise time! sboxx, it's not hijacking at all! I can see how it's tricky to get back into things given your restrictions. Glad you are OK in the stockings! Awm, that sounds great! Does driving 40 minutes to get a lamp count, haha! It was $5 and a Bouillotte style, complete with shade. BUT, I did squeeze my legs while I drove, and believe it or not, I feel it a little today. I spent the rest of the day cleaning while my husband did DIY, which meant Disaster It Yourself. He forced an outlet into a wonky space (old house, weird wiring), and now several of our rooms have no electricity. Sigh. Our GC is coming over this am, thank goodness! Beth, haha about the cursing! I've never heard of a weighted hula hoop. Sounds so interesting . . .going to look that up!
    ...See More
  • Lillie1441
    16 years ago

slahgirl-I ordered the program a couple of weeks ago from Home Shopping for $99. plus S&H.They probably still have it on their website.I got it within 5 days of ordering it,and it has a 30 day money back guarantee.I did send it back though because it was much to complicated and time consuming for me.

• kathiefc
    16 years ago

Has anybody had success with the Michael Thurmund program? If so, can you give me some information as to how hard it was, what body type you were, how long it took you, etc. I have ordered the program and should have it in about 2 weeks.
    Thanks

• musicmelody1
    16 years ago

Hi Kathiefc. I did the 6 week body makeover. I started Oct 06. I lost about 35 pounds by January. Missing the salt was the hardest for me but I love Mrs. Dashes marinades- my kids like them too-that's a plus for the whole family. After losing all the weight I was easily able to keep it off even when I cheated. I found that walking was the most important thing for me. If I stopped walking the weightloss was sluggish. I think once you get down a system that works for you -it;s easy. I bagged up all my food for the day and took it to work with me. I even took baked potatoes (in my pocket) to soccer games. I really tried hard not eat out for the first 4 weeks- but when I did I was just really careful at what I ate.
    I have gained about 10 back but that is due to having surgery and not being able to move around or eat the way I need to. I am happily back on the diet to get rid of 10 or more pounds this time. Good luck to you!!

P.S. I don't have a treadmill but I walk in my house everyday- too cold right now outside. I find a good DVD, pop it in and walk in place for about an hour. Time goes by so quick!

• mystery431_yahoo_com
    15 years ago

Hey everyone :-)

I'm a B... or I was... I retyped and it seems I'm now a C. I've lost 29 pounds, with 6 more to go. I have the cards for all 5 body types for men, and all EXCEPT the C for women!!!!! Would anyone be willing to share with me what the combos are for the 6 meals? I've been doing homework on the Provida site, pouring thru the recipes, trying to figure it out... I think I have most of it, but I sure would appreciate someone sharing the women's type C.

Thanks!

• agrooveymom
    15 years ago

Hi I have a 14 yr old daughter who wants to lose about 20lbs. Is this plan for all ages? I feel younger teens need different things. She is working out 30min in the evening but I told her its not called "going on a diet" Its just a healthy diet for life. Does any one have any advise. Iam considered underwieght and iam tring to gain so Iam needing advise so her and I can be healthy together. HELP

• bandmom3
    14 years ago

I did the 6 week body make over diet a few years ago. I lost 35 pounds in 6 weeks. No doubt that it does work but you have to be committed to it and it is very limiting. Even so, I am toying with the idea of doing it again. I had trouble with the caffeine and sugar. I love my coffee with creamer and sugar. After cutting it out for 3 days I got a terrible headache. I cheated a little and made a cup of coffee. After just a half cup the headache disappeared. I had no problems after that.

• nick_andrade_comcast_net
    13 years ago

I have tried the 6 week body make over and have lost 32 lbs and have been able to maintain the weight loss for almost a year. To me it was an easy diet, you just have to be serious about losing weight. In addition my wife has lost 32 lbs and has been able to maintain the loss. Over the holidays I cheated and gained about five lbs. I got strict and was able to lose the five lbs and four more. This has been one of the easiest diets I have been on and plan on eating this way the rest of my life.

• rmjordan80_gmail_com
    13 years ago

So, I'm really thinking of doing this. In the last year I've had two surgeries including a c-section with my 3rd daughter. I also quit smoking and I was Jb grad school before that. So, needless to say, ivw put on a lot of weight. I've always been a bigger girl, but I want to get to a more manageable weight. I cannot see myself at that ideal weight for my height ever. So, question, can you use sugar substitutes like splenda? Also, what about just one cup of coffee a day? What about diet soda? There are just some things I can't give totally up like caffeine. I've gave up cigarettes, so the caffeine has to stay. I just want to know what I'm getting into.

• User
    13 years ago

Do you have to follow this diet for the rest of your life? That's pretty extreme to me. I'd prefer a diet I could live with so I don't set myself up for failure. But everyone is different. Whatever you decide talk to your doctor first.

I live with Weight Watchers

I wish you the best of luck,
    Peggy

• Photography_unlimited_hotmail_com
    13 years ago

You can have coffee and tea on this diet... So I'm not sure why some comments on here say no caffeine...

• Romello
    13 years ago

I didn't get the impression that you couldn't have caffeine, it's just what you take in your coffee that's the problem. No milk or sugar. You can use sugar subs but nothing for the milk.

• laurie_clif_benton_yahoo_com
    13 years ago

I actually ordered this product in 2005, tried it for a day and gave up. I didn't send it back; stuck it under the bed to collect dust. Now it's March 2011 and I dusted it off and started to really read everything. I'm a B with a slow metabolism and was a B in 2005 (re-did the questionnaire). I didn't want to be a B because there is no red meat (not to mention no milk, butter, and bread for now), but I made up my mind last weekend to do this. I read everything over again, started on Monday and I've lost 4 pounds in 2 days, so it works. I'm 55 and haven't exercised in years and working myself up to a full mile walk on the treadmill this week (currently doing about 1/3 of a mile twice a day). I will start looking at the toning exercises within the next couple of weeks. This is NOT as difficult a program as I originally thought in 2005. I must confess I've already cheated by using a little half 'n' half in my coffee and a tiny bit of salt. Old habits are hard to break, but I've still lost weight. So, those who don't think it works are sadly mistaken. Perhaps you didn't do the questionnaire properly to obtain your correct body type. But, if you are honest with yourself on the questions and have a little determination it will work and you need to remember, it's not forever, and simply a lifestyle change. You have to really look at the card for your plan, if you don't like what's there, it tells you what protein, vegetable, etc. to use and you just pick a substitute from the handy little book they give you. You don't go hungry, you eat a lot to the point it's almost annoying! If I may make a suggestion... on a weekend, read the book thoroughly, then start on a Monday, and review the book as needed. It will work and I hope those that are skeptical will give it a try. Those like me who had the plan and stuck it somewhere and haven't followed through, please do so. I firmly believe it's the best decision I've made in years and will be yours as well!

• Gkbrown31_gmail_com
    13 years ago

Like Lauri B said, Some may not be answering the questions in the questionnaire right. I purchased this program 3 years ago, did it for two days, then quit. I let one of my friends review the book and,it, mysteriously disappeared. I re-ordered it, placed it in my truck, then my truck was hit. We took everything out, in trash bags, placed them in them garage and threw away the trash, by mistake, along with my 6WBMO. I re-ordered the book, again, and have, finally, started the diet. What needs to be available for this diet to work is dedication, maturity, and motivation. I don't want to weigh myself until my second week. I am on my 5th day and am noticing a difference in my waistline and knees. I am a hairstylist and, usually, after standing on my feet and shifting from leg to leg over 12 hours, my knees begin to hurt. I haven't experienced any pain/discomfort - my knees seem to be improving. I've cheated slightly -my kids had pizza and I took a slice of yellow and green bell pepper off a slice, and,,today, I didn't have my balsamic vinegar (which seems to help my sweet craving) and placed a half teaspoon of ranch dressing on my meat for taste).
    What everyone needs to understand is, this is a better, corrected way of eating for your particular body type. What's more important, pizza or a heart attack or diabetes. The foods we eat are something we need to learn to control, mentally. We eat processed foods - all the wrong foods- not looking at the big picture in the end. I would rather do this program with regular foods than food I have to purchase which is loaded in sodium or being dependent upon diet pills, or surgeries, for the rest of my life. In advance, I thank you, Mr. Thurmond and will keep u all posted on my progress.

• a_mills01_yahoo_com
    13 years ago

While I was pregnant, I had diabetes...and then high blood pressure. I was on a strict diet for the diabetes. I lost weight while on this diet (it's much like the 6wbmo diet). After I had my baby, my diabetes was gone, so I pigged out on sugars, cereals, etc. I am seriously overweight, but porportioned, so it never looked too bad until the last 3 months (from pigging out on suger!). I was up at 3 am one night feeding the baby and saw an infomercial for this program. I was so amazed that I wrote it down and the next day ordered it online. I received the package last week and started my diet two days ago. I cooked all day on Sunday...made my entire weeks worth of meals. This makes it so much easier to follow...having a schedule of what to eat and when. I miss the salt (like many others), but I have already noticed my level of energy raise, my motivation is skyrocketing and as of this morning, I have already lost 5 pounds...which they say if you are substantially overweight, you will lose a lot in the first couple of weeks. I am so excited to lose weight and finally know how to go about doing it.

• kpruett0708_gmail_com
    13 years ago

Could anyone help me on the substitutions, I bought the program never got into it really but want to try again I have everything but the book that tells me what I can use to substitutefor the different types of food, I'm body type A. If someone can help me pls let me know and maybe we can email each other thank you so much!

• ballashantii_yahoo_com
    12 years ago

I ordered this program Jan last year tried it for a couple of days couldn't do it. I thought it was too hard, no salt, lot of time preparing meals. Since then I gained an additional 10lbs trying every fad diet. I'm going to give this another chance started today. Not as hard as I thought, I have no choice but to stick with this if I want to see result. Fingers crossed.

• ROBYN_MACKO_yahoo_com
    12 years ago

I'm thinking this is the "plan" for me. Which site is the best to purchase from? The website seems pricey..any suggestions?

• wknox69_hotmail_com
    12 years ago

I have been up and down in my weight for years....I lost over 100lbs and kept it off for almost 8 years but then it crept back up on me.....I've tried everything in the past few years and my weight kept creeping back on......i started this diet 6 days ago and I've lost 13lbs...yes it is very time consuming, and I have 6 teenage boys living in the house that I also have to cook for! I cook my meals twice a week and just heat them up when I'm ready to eat. There is a great chicken noodle soup recipe in the book that is easy to make in 30mins and full of flavour! I have tried over 15 recipes and I think you just have to find ont that's right for you! Even my boys like some of my food and they enjoy some meals with me! I am having problems with the egg whites! Does anyone have tasty ideas for morning breakfast?

Wendy

• auntdreisme_yahoo_com
    12 years ago

Wendy,
    I did this diet five years ago and lost 36lbs in 4 weeks and I thought it was great,the only problem that I had was with milk, I started to crave it. So I started to let myself have soy milk once a week and that seemed to help.
    If you want something good for breakfast with egg whites look up the recipe for french toast, I thought it was really close to tasting like the real thing without using bread.
    I am getting ready to start the diet again, because I did so good and quit it when I got pregnant and never started it again but now I am to the point I need to do soemthing taking to many meds for health issues.
    Andrea

• mcriselia_yahoo_com
    12 years ago

I tried this program about 4 yrs ago and went through the whole program, the first week is the hardest because your body wants all the stuff you don't need, the bread,the sugars,salt.But after the first week the cravings stop. I was a size 12 180lbs when I started,at 6 weeks I was a size 4 and 120 lbs.I loved the results I was seeing my legs were firmer, my arms smaller,I was starting to see a 6 pack ab I must say that all my pains,migraine headaches,sinuses,joint pains,neck pain, all went away when I was on the Program.I stopped the program at 6 weeks only because my metabolism was super fast at this point and I felt I was losing way too much weight, I still kept the weight off for 2 yrs, I have since gotten a bit of the weight back but I am ready to start all over again with the exception that this time I plan to stick it out for the long haul in other words after the 6 week is over continue with the modified after 6 week version. I loved the way I felt back then and the exercises are reachable and not difficult. I did recently try the P90X and I couldn't handle it, the exercises were too difficult and lost interest. I highly recommend the 6 week body makeover to anyone just starting out on an exercise program you eat all day lose weight and 15 minute exercise you can't beat that. oh and by the way I promise you wont crave the sweets as the fruit takes care of that problem just don't cheat and you will see, your taste buds will learn to love the fresh fruits,veggies,meats without the salts or sugars.

• belle3292_hotmail_com
    12 years ago

All of your stories are very encouraging, and are making me want to try this program even more. My only problem is that I can't afford it. Is there anyone willing to share theirs with me for a lower cost? Either make copies, or if you're done with it, sell it to me cheaper? I don't make much money and am beginning school in the fall, but I have high cholesterol and really need to lose 20-30 pounds. If anyone cam help me out, I'd really appreciate it! Thank you, and good luck to every one!

• eccentricme75_yahoo_com
    12 years ago

Hi:

Congrats to all that have lost weight on the 6 week BMO by Michael Thurmond. I have a question, I would like to lose up to 110 pounds and I know that it say 6 weeks. Do you start the program from the beginning of every six weeks? How does that work?

Thanks!

• eileen2joyce_yahoo_com
    12 years ago

I really would like to try the program but I can't afford it. Anyone out there who would be willing to lend copy or sell at a cheaper price? Just starting out on my own and need to lose 30 lbs. Thanks so much.

• charrock01_comcast_net
    12 years ago

I really want to try this program-would be happy to drop about 40lbs. my problem is this..the milk thing...can you have skim or 1% milk? I have a bad stomach and many times the only thing that helps is milk..help!

• missv79
    12 years ago

I have purchased the program but it has not yet arrived. I am very encouraged by all of your posts since I don't really eat bread, pasta, or sweets. I do think milk will be my biggest problem. I quit smoking, got out of a bad relationship, then had some major troubles in my life...all in all, I gained 80lbs in 2 years and now I can't lose it. I am somewhat active as I walk about 3 miles a week and play tennis about 4 hours a week. I do admit, I eat a lot of take out because I am a really busy single mom of an equally busy teenager. I certainly hope I can make this work.

• rukkus86_yahoo_com
    12 years ago

Hi, I purchased this program and have not received it either yet, but very excited, and now looking at all the posts, encouraged to do this..In 2001, I weighed 420 pounds, alittle over 2 yrs ago, I decided to lose the weight..I started the gym, (still at it) and today I weigh 220 pounds. As you can see, YES, I have come along way..and still plugging at it. But NOW, Im just "maintaining" my weight..its been since Feb since I really couldnt drop any weight..people telling me, well maybe your just dropping inches..doesnt look it?! I go to the gym 5 days a week, treadmill, elipitical, and sometimes the bike. But people say you can be doing to MUCH cardio..well, I decided to try and stick to this..I found out Im a type C on this program..Im really hoping it will help out..GOOD LUCK to you all!! *Peace*

• pooks1985_aol_com
    12 years ago

Can you eat any oils on this plan, such as olive oil, flax oil, and fish oil. I am thinking of doing this plan, but I like to eat oil, especially for the Omega3 fats that people say are important for the brain. Also I can't imagine eating veggies without some sort of dressing that would usually have an oil....It sounds like people are getting great results but I would like to know before ordering if any oils are allowed and also if fish is allowed? thanks

• bethanybgd_yahoo_com
    12 years ago

I just saw the infomercial for the 6wbmo and after reading all of these posts I would love to try it. But, I'm also a student and I'm not sure I can afford it. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I could obtain the program another way? Please email me.

• cvancho_verizon_net
    12 years ago

I pruchased this program several years ago and set it aside. The other day I saw a commercial on tv and decided to dust it off and give it a try. I've read thru the whole book and found that I am a body type C. The only thing that bothers me about this program it that other then telling you what amount of protines, carbs veggies and fruit you can eat at each meal or snack, the list of choices is very limited. There are very few recipies in the book. I did not see any recipies for egg whites that are supposed to taste like french toast nor did I see any for soup. I've been trying to figure out a weekly menu that will fit into my day without eating the same thing over and over. I sit at a desk all day and can not get up anytime I want to heat up food. Can some one help me with meal planning?

• squarefeet135_gamil_com
    12 years ago

Hi I am just in my first week of the program and I am wondering if there is a book or site to find suggested menus?? I don't want to get bored with the same foods but I am not a good cook and run out of ideas quickly. Thanks, Jean

• onlyrosie_oh_rr_com
    12 years ago

I recently purchased this an i am waiting for it to arrive.
    Will post an update shortly.

• Maidendg
    12 years ago

I started today with just taking notes from a friend. Someone asked about recipes and if you go to this link there are some. I havent fully explored those forums yet but so far I checked out some recipes, they tell you what body type they are for also. Wish me luck, I have about 50lbs to loose. Reading everybody's comments here have motivated me alot!

Here is a link that might be useful: Recipes and support website

• lkheld2_gmail_com
    12 years ago

I just ordered this program a half hour ago and am slightly regretting it after reading these posts. I have said it often that my vices, caffine, wine, and chocolate are three things I absolutly can not give up. I can give up salt, dairy, bread, most sugar (already drink my coffee black and do super dark chocolate). I only need to loose 15 pounds, but since my thyroid problem developed, it might as well be 100. Has anyone lost weight on this plan without giving up everything they are told they have to?

• rafeena35_live_com
    12 years ago

hi everyone i just read all the great comments on the 6wbmo and im very impressed my problem is i live in Guyana south america and i was wondering if anyone think we can get the ingredients to make the meals in this tropical country...and also if anyone is done with your programme can u plz sell it to me..

• Drupie5_yahoo_com
    12 years ago

I lost 97 lbs on 6wbmo. It came off pretty fast. It's not really hard to stick to but the meals take a lot of preparation. I was cooking for my family and then for myself and packing all of my containers of food to take to work with me. I have been off of the plan for about two years and gained about 55 pounds back. Recently I started a meal delivery plan which is very convenient and very easy to stick with but I'm just not getting the same results as I did on the 6wbmo. I'm thinking about going back on it to lose about40 more pounds to get back to where I was plus a few less. 6wbmo is the best plan out there if you have the time for all of the cooking and packing.
    S

• loud1
    12 years ago

second day on the 6 week body makeover, I like that the food is spaced out but every time I finish eating I find it's time to eat again. I am going to have to make a whole bunch of meals and put it in little containers. I can't even get to leave the house....lol. But all in all I don't find myself hungary, I was wondering if I started to walk more will the weight come off faster do I need to increase my carbs...I don't want to screw up a good thing....

• misskerns85_yahoo_com
    12 years ago

I just received my kit and I'm so excited to get started. I'm going shopping tomorrow, preparing food on Sunday and eating on Monday! I am so ready for this Fat to be gone!!!! My only issue is giving up my Mt. Dew :/ Also what is a dressing you use for your salads? If you will please share with me, Thanks!

• missv79
    12 years ago

Use Vinegar on your salad or Walden Farms makes all flavors of dressing with "nothing" in them. No fat, calories, sodium, carbs, nothing. They are so tasty. My favorite are the Italian and amazing 1000 Island. So good!!

Good luck everyone!!

• starsltde_aol_com
    12 years ago

I purchased this plan in August of 2007 and did lose about 12 pounds the first month but I did cheat during that time. Life got in the way and I stopped eating according to the plan. Now that I am no longer under stress and motivated to get back into shape, I've dusted off my copy and am starting again. I have not found it too difficult to give up sugar, dairy (which is so high in mucus), caffeine, etc. It's just getting rid of bad habits and you feel so much better!!

I just turned 65, post menopausal so the weight gain has been difficult. My goal is to lose 50# YEA!!

• patriciack
    12 years ago

Hey, Everybody: I just joined this site and have been reading your forum conversation. I, too, purchased the 6-week body makeover about 3 years ago, but I mistakenly categorized myself as a B instead of a C body type. I wasn't losing anything and gave up! Then this summer, I redid the questionaire and realized I was a C body type. I lost about 35 lbs. in 10 weeks. What I reallly loved was that I was only required to walk, but as I started to lose, I wanted to jog a bit and swim again. I have since gained back about 15 lbs. due to eating like a pig for 4 months, but - because of your encouraging words - I am going to restart the 6 week body makeover and finish losing those 40 lbs. Thanks, you guys. Good luck to you!

• Tabitha360
    10 years ago

Hello my name is Tabatha and I am new to this. I recently bought a Michae 6 weeks body make over program off of Ebay. Well to my surprise I am missing the note book. infinite food planner, my exercises description pages for the exercises for my body type, quick start cd, and exercise cd. Bummer. Anyway I am in a dispute with the seller,but would love to get started. Is there anyone who could send me a list of the proteins, carbs and vegetables for body type c? I have the fast track menu card. But I know chicken will get old soon. Thanks in advance. Hopefully she will send those things of I will be able to get my money back.

• Shelly C.
    8 years ago

Hey everyone! I'm not sure if anyone still checks this forum, but I wanted to chime in with my experience. In 2008 I lost 80 pounds with the 6 week body makeover program. I only had around 50 or so pounds to lose until I reached my personal goal. Unfortunately life took a turn and, due to no fault of the program, I gained all the weight back and then some. Now I am at my heaviest weight and have decided to do the program again. It's the only program that I have been able to stick to and have good results with. I need to lose 100-150 pounds and I know with this program I will. It is very restrictive, so if you cannot deal with great restriction, this program is not for you. I personally do not mind being limited to what foods I can eat, if it means getting the weight gone. As for the amount of food, I had to get used to it at first, but in no time at all, it was plenty. My appetite had readjusted because I was eating several times daily. I walked for my exercise and plan to do so again. I am motivated greatly by seeing results, so this program works really well for me. I'm looking forward to starting it again in the next day or two!

• Leyla VI
    8 years ago

Hi Shelly C,

I just started back on this diet last Monday. I lost about 8-9 lbs in a week, but this week I haven't lost any pounds. I'm not sure why. Guessing it might be the fact that I'm not sleeping very well. But this week i was even more focused than last week. Actually measured/weighed my foods. I'm glad to hear that you are trying this program again and with such great optimism. I'm still trying to get over how bland the foods are despite the herbs and spices i've added to it. I'm trying to remain strong during the remaining weeks, and hope the scale starts moving again. Unfortunately, I don't have the motivational cds the program came with at this time.

• Shelly C.
    8 years ago

Hi Leyla VI! I'm happy you responded back to my comment. Good job on your initial weight loss! Don't get discouraged. If you follow the program as written, it really does work, it's just a difficult program to follow sometimes. I'm sure lack of sleep can be an obstacle. Weighing and measuring your food is a great tool. I know for myself I did it for the first couple of months, then I had a pretty good perception of what the amount looked like. I did however weigh and measure every now and then to make sure I wasn't getting off track. Honestly, I kind of have to be my own cheerleader. I don't have much support. My kids love me just as I am, fat and all, and my other family either has just accepted me fat or feeds into the fat. I have a lot of sabotagers in my family, unfortunately, some unknowingly. I found that experimenting with a lot of different seasonings and spices really helped with the blandness, but I'm not a big salt person. Pepper is a different story! lol My kids joke that I will pepper anything that doesn't walk away. I use cayenne on my proteins, and always add some sort of seasonings to all my veggies and some of my carbs. The CD's did very little for me. My motivation came from googling success stories of people who have lost a lot of weight on the program, especially those who lost over 100 pounds. Maybe you can try that if it helps? I'm cooking up my food tomorrow so I can go ahead and get started tomorrow. I'm actually looking forward to it! :P

• Becky Galton McCaffrey
    7 years ago

I hope this page still exist. The last post I see is from 2015.

My question is about the oatmeal serving. It says 1/2 cup. Does that mean 1/2 cup before it's prepared or after? There is quite a difference in how much you're eating so I'd like to get it right.

Thank you :)

Becky

• Julie Szanto
    6 years ago

Hi Becky.

I believe in answer to your question the ½ cup oatmeal is prepared, so what you will actually consume.

I'm starting this program up again. Good luck!

• Becky Galton McCaffrey
    6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

Julie, Thank you for replying. I appreciate it. Good luck to you too :)

Sponsored
Blue Ridge Custom Builders Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Shenandoah County's High Quality Custom Home Builders Since 2001