Return to the Diet Club Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Found a way to lose weight without restrictions

Posted by stephyloulou (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 15, 06 at 12:31

I'm 23 and been struggling with my weight for 10 years now. It wasn't really bad, but consistently gaining 5-7 pounds a year has really added up. I'm a fairly small person (5'2") and at the peak weighted 175...before my pregnancy. After my pregnancy I realized that if I wanted to be a good role model for my daughter I needed to lose the weight. I recently started following the principles in the Weigh Down Diet. It's not really a diet... it's more of a lifestyle change. I can eat any of the food that I want to, I just eat in smaller quantities and only eat when I'm hungry. So far in the last 2 weeks I've lost 10 pounds and never starved myself or gone without the foods that I love.
Just want to encourage everyone that it is possible. I don't have time to excersize (because I have to take care of my young daughter and run a business out of my home), and this plan is working great for me.
I hope that this helps someone out there.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Found a way to lose weight without restrictions

That just goes to prove that weight loss is really all about self control...If you don't put it in your mouth is doesn't show up on your waist/but.....Never heard of Weigh Down but it has been the philosophy of weight watchers forever.

o

Can you give us more info on the plan, or where we can find the info? Is there a book?

o

Weigh Down is a Christian based "diet". You can google it, and yes, there is a book.

o

If you do a bit of research you will find that the author has started her own church, which many classify as a cult. Make sure that you read all of the reviews on Amazon, both the positive and the negative.

You might also want to consider the Shangri la diet - it supresses your appetite without the guilt.

o

"I can eat any of the food that I want to, I just eat in smaller quantities and only eat when I'm hungry. "

Umm.... that's what we should all do, regardless of any 'diet du jour'. Don't need a book or a website for that!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Diet Club Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here