Return to the Diet Club Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
SS Support Week of 7/20-7/26

Posted by milkdud_2007 (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 20, 09 at 12:25

Good morning from semi-decent weather SE Texas!

I'm over at my youngest Dson's babysitting today only, then I head back home tonight to take care of business there the rest of the week.

Not much to say, but I wish everyone a great start to your week!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: SS Support Week of 7/20-7/26

All moved in! Internet hooked up!

The house isn't quite finished but I actually could live with it like this indefinately...I am not sweating the small stuff.

Unpacking just goes ON and ON. DH will not let me go back to work until everything is unpacked and in its place. Some people might like this "time off" but I really loved working (when I wasn't being fired...) and think I could work during the day and put stuff away at night. I like balance, I guess.

I have lost a few pounds in this house already. Running back and forth the length of the house to put things away is a good thing!

Check in everyone...I will read up on the lsat 2 weeks and pop back in tomorrow.

o

Hey, BJ! What wonderful news that you're finally in your new home. And WTG about losing a few pounds already! You go, girl!

I'm back home from babysitting my DGDs. I love those little girls with all my heart, and they are a source of constant fun and amazement. My oldest is growing up so nicely and is the most pleasant company. The little one is using such big words these days and such big thoughts, and she's a lot of fun to listen to. I'll miss seeing them as regularly as I have this summer, but I'll be plenty busy the rest of this week, so I won't get 'homesick' for them until long about Saturday or Sunday.

I hope that everyone is doing great and just too busy to post. Just remember that you're always missed when you're not here.

o

Besh, we wish you nothing but the best on your birthday!

o

Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday to you......
Happy Biiiirrrrttthhdday dear, great-wife, terrific-mom, super mother-in-law, how's-that-fool-proof-diet-gal Besssssshhhhh
Happy Birthday to you!!!!!

What can I say to another old-timer Besh? We miss you when you're not around. I enjoy your stories, your photos, and your attitude.

Have a great week!
Love ya,
Dee

o

Happy Birthday Besh!! I hope you have a great day and even better year!! Wishing you all the best and hoping we hear from you more.........

Love and xxx...000

o

BESH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Happy, Happy Birthday!!!!!!! WE LOVE YOU!!!!!! I hope you are having a great day, getting lots of phone calls and email birthday wishes. Pack one of your "bags" to go and have a great day -- doing things that YOU want to do! I know you've been busy but we sure enjoy hearing from you and hearing about your neck of the woods! Only 3 1/2 months till Halloween! I was just going through boxes of photos - a dangerously time-consuming task - and found the pics of my trip back east and the photos of you and me whooping it up in the cocktail lounge. I wanna make that trip again! Very much fun! Anyway, I am rambling now. Girlfriend, if anyone deserves a GREAT b-day, it's YOU! Hugs, Love, and Kisses!

In other news, I have established email contact with Baby V's relative; the one who wants to adopt him. I feel good to be able to communicate this way when we are so many states apart. I'll let you guys know how it goes, but I am going to have to begin the "letting go" process, as it is merely a couple months away.

Milkdud- How old are your DGDs? You sound so happy about them---so cool to hear.

I think one of the reasons I don't nag my DDs to get married and have grandkids is because I have these foster babies in the house to get my kid fix with! :-)

Okay, back to unpacking! DH says I can come back to work on Thursday if the house is "dinner guest ready." I aim to please! The plumber is coming to day to install a pedestal sink in the main bath but there is still no light, towel bar installed, or tp holder. I'll deal. We have 2 other bathrooms anyway.

WISH ME LUCK FOR TOMORROW! My foster license transfer inspection is at 10am tomorrow. I am installing extra smoke alarms today and had all 5 of my fire extinguishers re-charged and inspected yesterday. -Also installing a couple of door alarms today as we are on the cove (open water) and have to have door alarms for the babies (even though they can't reach the door handles. Last minute jitters are getting to me!

Okay, enough outta me! CHECK IN!

o

Happy Birthday Besh - I am wishing you a day filled with love, laughter and happiness. I can't wait to hear how you celebrated, maybe a little Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville??? or a little lobster bake??? a boat ride??? Have the best of best days.

BJ - thanks for your email. I am so thrilled you are in your new home. It must feel great. I am also happy to hear you are keeping in touch with Baby V's family. I hope things work out for the best there.

Dee - you are always about the attitude aren't you? You are a true NJ girl. LOL

Milkdud - It always good to hear about your visits with your grandkids. I know they bring you tons of joy, but I know you bring them tons too.

Donna - thinking of you.

Marci - thanks for always bringing the decorations to our parties.

Suzanne - has your injury mended yet. What are you up to?

Patti - you have been MIA too long.

This is the most disorganized I have ever been. I am in an art show this weekend and nothing is prepared or ready to go and I have zero free time. I know it will all work out as it should, but I would love to do something without feeling rushed.

Please check-in everyone.

o

Happy birthday, Besh! I wish you a wonderful day filled with sunshine and chocolate!

BJ, I'll be keeping fingers crossed for your inspection tomorrow. I'm glad you're in such close contact with Baby V's soon-to-be family. I hope that makes the parting easier for you.

My oldest DGD is almost 10, and the youngest is almost 3, both in September. They're like little grownups at times which makes for interesting times. The little one is mostly a terrible-twoer the last month or so, and that also makes for interesting times, but fun and memorable, too. I'm always happy to return to my own bed after being there, but I miss those sweet kisses and hugs I'm lucky enough to receive while there.

I haven't watched a single Big Brother so far this year, so this afternoon, I'm racing through the recordings to catch up for tonight's show. Yes, I now have a life, but I just can't resist watching these every summer. LOL

My eating and exercising have taken big hits this last month with all the extra-curricular activities, so I'm hoping to get back to normal ASAP. I'm going back to TOPS tomorrow after missing for a month, and I hope to squeeze in a much-needed workout at Curves. It's time for "ME" again once this week is over and "Divas on Safari" is history!

o

Besh,

Happy, happy birthday my friend! I hope it's filled with lots of love, laughter and fun. Enjoy!!!

My uncle passed away Saturday from stage 4 cancer - viewing and service is Thursday evening with burial Friday morning. Seem unable to catch a break :=(

Oh well, things will look up!! Love and hugs to all ~ will have to read and catch up. Glad I checked in today to wish Besh a happy day!

Donna

o

Well.....thank you for the party ladies! It is so nice to be remembered by so many wonderful people. :-) My birthday did not go as planned. The original plan was to go to Provincetown for the day (about 3 hours from here)and then stop in Plymouth on the way home and have dinner and stay over with some friends.....however this is what really happened. Monday, the transmission light on my car kept coming on, so DH brought it in to be looked at...bingo, I need a new transmission, or part of one or something, whatever it is, my car can not do any highway driving until it is fixed. Fine, we will use the other car. That evening DS, DH and I go out for a nice birthday dinner, since I won't see DS on my actual birthday. Very nice. We drop DS off at home, DH takes me to the yacht club for a birthday drink, great! We come back home and DS had left a lovely bouquet of flowers on the counter for me (he is sooooooo sweet). Wonderful! Around 11PM, DS comes home with his GF and and both DH and I are thinking, what the heck is he doing home so early??? Well, he fell down a flight of stairs at his friends house and used his hand to break his fall, and actually broke his right hand (he is a lefty though). So all of us went to the ER and I actually started my birthday in the ER. At midnight, DS GF yells out Happy Birthday...it was really very cute. So yesterday I had to bring him to the Dr for more xrays and to get a cast. So he will be in a cast for about 4 weeks. Unfortunately he just started a nice construction job and he will be unable to work. He does have a job when he gets the cast off, but he is incredibly bummed out. And it poured all day yesterday.

On a positive note, I got many birthday wishes from many people. My office called and sang to me! Thank you so much for being a bright spot in my day! oxoxox

Donna, I am so sorry about your uncle. When it rains, it pours. (((HUGS)))

BJ, I am so happy about your house! Pictures????? Good luck with the inspection. Do you have other babies right now, in addition to Baby V?

Milkdud, my eating has been bad also. I have eaten out almost everyday since vacation started, and I have not made the best of choices either. Good luck at TOPS.

Dee, as always, your singing was perfect!

Raeanne, no boat, no Jimmy Buffett, but I did have a nice big glass of vino! Good luck with the art show!

Suzanne, how are your feet doing? I am NOT having the same problems this year as I did last year with the plantar facitis. I am still wearing flip flops, but not the cheap ones that I have worn in the past. I bought the CROCS flip flops and they are nice and padded and comfortable and my feet have been very happy.

Got to go figure out what is on the agenda for today. It is very overcast, but I think it may be clearing up soon. Keeping my fingers crossed! Oh, I did get a chance to start ready Jodi Picoults new book yesterday..."Handle with care"....so far it is great!

Thanks again Ladies!

oxBesh

o

Good Tuesday all,

Donna, I am sorry to hear about your uncle. I hope you find moments of peace for yourself. Hugs. I don't know if you caught this but when I first sprained my ankle I found great comfort in those soft pinks socks you sent! I love them.

I have been laying low trying to get my foot healed. It's coming but very slowly! I did get back in the saddle last weekend and that has done volumes for my mood. Still in the air cast but making progress. Still trying to figure out (in the cosmic sense) what it is with my feet?

Besh, I am glad you had a great birthday! Glad you can still wear flip flops! They are truly a thing of the past for me but I have discovered Dansko sandles so I am not totally unstylish! I can also wear the Crocs but find they squish down over time and don't support. Sigh........

Raeanne, thanks for posting your link to the chairs! I shared it with the woman that I work with that co-chaired a Adirondack chair auction. They are so different and great! I love your cows the best.......next one needs to be horses don't you think? LOL When does all that happen.

BJ, this one is for you. What could be more perfect - peeps and horses! LOL I am thinking of you and all you do.....wow. Hope things go well with your Baby V relative.

Photobucket

I have been keeping busy with my new brood of chicks! They are almost 4 weeks old now and growing by leaps and bounds! They are so sweet.

It's been raining in NH for over a month. July has brought some sunny breaks but not enough. The hay situation is getting dire for some. Farmers can't harvest their crops due to rain! Keep positive thoughts for warm sunny summer like weather to head this way!

o

Good Tuesday all,

Donna, I am sorry to hear about your uncle. I hope you find moments of peace for yourself. Hugs. I don't know if you caught this but when I first sprained my ankle I found great comfort in those soft pinks socks you sent! I love them.

I have been laying low trying to get my foot healed. It's coming but very slowly! I did get back in the saddle last weekend and that has done volumes for my mood. Still in the air cast but making progress. Still trying to figure out (in the cosmic sense) what it is with my feet?

Besh, I am glad you had a great birthday! Glad you can still wear flip flops! They are truly a thing of the past for me but I have discovered Dansko sandles so I am not totally unstylish! I can also wear the Crocs but find they squish down over time and don't support. Sigh........

Raeanne, thanks for posting your link to the chairs! I shared it with the woman that I work with that co-chaired a Adirondack chair auction. They are so different and great! I love your cows the best.......next one needs to be horses don't you think? LOL When does all that happen.

BJ, this one is for you. What could be more perfect - peeps and horses! LOL I am thinking of you and all you do.....wow. Hope things go well with your Baby V relative.

Photobucket

I have been keeping busy with my new brood of chicks! They are almost 4 weeks old now and growing by leaps and bounds! They are so sweet.

It's been raining in NH for over a month. July has brought some sunny breaks but not enough. The hay situation is getting dire for some. Farmers can't harvest their crops due to rain! Keep positive thoughts for warm sunny summer like weather to head this way!

o

Susanne, when you post, you really post! LOL It's always great to hear from you and catch up with your fascinating life!

Donna, I'm so sorry about your uncle.

Keeping it brief today because I sprained my wrist badly last night hauling out under-bed boxes looking for my passport. had it x-rayed this afternoon to make sure all is well other than the sprain, and now icing it and have a nice brace to wear when i'm not icing.

Wishing everyone a wonderful Wednesday!

o

Good Thursday all,

Milkdud, I had to post twice to make up for lost time!! I have no idea how that happened. So sorry about your wrist. Misery loves company! LOL I hope it heals quickly.

Hope everyone is doing well today.

QOD: What are your weekend plans? My plans are to harvest and start curing my garlic crop! This is my first harvest and so far it's looking excellent in spite of all the rain. Ride if it's not raining and talk to my tomato plants who are starting FINALLY to bear fruit! We wait SO long for crops here in the north. Maybe relax a little!

o

Good Friday all,

Milkdud, how is your wrist? Hope it's better.

Donna, thinking of you.

Raeanne, when is your chair auction? Are they taking bids by phone?

Besh, only ONE glass of vino for your birthday?? Tisk, tisk!! LOL Glad you had a wonderful day.

Dee where have you been all week? Did your singing wear you out?

Jan, how are you doing? Haven't heard from you this week.

I am glad it's Friday!! It's been pouring all night and the weather man reported that we have had 12" of rain during June and July. Since it's still pouring I trust that number will go up! It's crazy and wet.

I am hoping the weather improves enough to start introducing my chicks to the elder hens! This is a big deal and must be done carefully.

Hope to hear from you ALL today.

o

I'm here Suzanne!

QOD: Very busy working from home today since 6am. We have a wedding this evening and I wanted to spend as much time as I could catching up instead of sitting in traffic to rush home and change for the wedding. Wedding is being held at a very fancy chateau; I imagine one of those famous $70,000 NJ weddings! My car lease is up so tomorrow morning I pick up my new car, then it's off to my cousin's house for a post-wedding pool party. Sunday, my MIL arrives with her famous pots of Hungarian food. DH's daughters will be coming over for a special dinner from MIL. I get to be hostess because of MIL's hoarder's disease (no room in her house for 6 people....[sigh]. Another story for another day. The girls (and BF) really enjoy the dinner, tho, so it's worth it in the end.

I'm exhausted already! LOL!

TAKE CARE, EAT HEALTHFULLY, AND NEVER NEVER GIVE UP!
DeeMarie

o

Here I am, suzanne.

It's been a hectic week - husband had outpatient surgery to remove more basal carcinomas from both legs. He previously had surgery in March, and they also had to go in this time to clean up the scar tissue. He is among the walking wounded, like some of you, with your sprains/injuries! Hope everyone is on the mend.

Not much happening. I volunteered to be a part of the homeowner's association advisory committee. Since I walk every morning, I notice everything (Call me Mrs. Kravatz (sp?) from "Bewitched!")- so I know I can contribute.

I'm still losing, up to 44.8 pounds, as of Monday's weigh-in. I'm beginning to get excited about reaching my goal. What seemed so impossible in January has become a reality. I know that will be the hard part - keeping it off and maintaining, but I plan to do it this time.

Donna, so sorry about your uncle - my sympathies to you and your family.

Besh, happy belated birthday!

Dee, what a fun weekend you have planned. What about that New Jersery raid yesterday - even rabbis?!!

We're having a quiet weekend, watch some movies (I have Gran Torino, Taken, and Last Chance Harvey rented.

Hope everyone has a great one.

Jan

o

I am here. Not much happening in my neck of the woods.

Tonight, we may go to the Pgh. Blues Festival. Tomorrow, company picnic (DH's) and Sunday, we are having a mini-reception honoring my director, who retired in May. In the meantime, I am plugging away at my summer to-do list, reading, scrapbooking and taking care of school business.

BJ - Glad you finally got to make the move.

Milkdud - Hope the wrist is feeling better.

Wodka - WTG on the 44 lbs!

NHSuzanne - Hope your feet and ankle are on the mend. I have noticed that my plantar fasciitis has been acting up. I know I need to wear my arch supports, but I just can't bring myself to use them in the summer. I love the feel of bare feet.

Raeanne - Are you ready for your busy weekend? Hope all goes well.

Dee - Sounds like a fun filled weekend for you. I have never been to a $70,000 wedding. I think I would feel like a fish out of water. I just went to a wedding that was held in a barn! LOL That is my kind of ceremony. Quick and easy.

Patti - You should be back from Texas by now. Where are you??

Besh - Even though your birthday wasn't what you had planned, it sounds like you made the best of it.

((Donna)) - Sorry to hear about your uncle.

Jen - If you are lurking, give us an update on you and the girls.

The sun is shining, after several days of clouds and rain, so I am going outside to do some weeding.

Later,
Marci

o

Speaking of weddings, someone sent this cute video to me that's making the round on youtube. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

Here is a link that might be useful: wedding on youtube

o

Good Saturday morning! It's 89 F. and partly sunny here today, and I don't have a thing on my agenda (well, except for trying find that darned passport!!!).

I loved reading so many posts from everyone! What a great start to my day seeing Marci, Suzanne, Dee, and Jan back and busy writing. It feels like home now! I chatted with Patti on FB the other night. She returned from her Texas vacation last Saturday and said to tell y'all 'hello'.

My wrist is no longer swollen, but it's still tender and needs TLC for a while yet. I'm still wearing the bandage when I'm doing anything, and that's helping.

The Divas event by the Chamber of Commerce was last night, and it seemed to be a big success. Big crowd, lots of smiling faces from the attendees, the pamperers, and the vendors, so I take that as a success. I got home a little after 11 last night as cleanup went very quickly. I'm hoarse today because the music was a little loud, and I had to talk over it to answer questions all evening. I had something nice happen last night: the chairman of the event recommended me to the principal of the local high school when she asked for advice on how to do a 'Divas' event for high school girls. We'll be getting together within the next month to begin brainstorming.

Today is my oldest Dson's 32nd birthday. His dad and wife are there today, so I'd asked him to call me when it was a good time to talk, and he did a bit ago. I got to wish him a 'happy 32 years and 6 hours old birthday'. I could imagine a smile in his voice when he thanked me. :)

QOD: I intend to rest my voice, my wrist, my feet, and my back today and do as little as possible. I do have to go into the depths of my messy closet and locate my passport, but dh is going to help me with that because of my wrist. Dinner tonight will be southwestern chicken in the crockpot and more doing nothing but lying around and watching movies. Church tomorrow.

Jan, I WISH I'd stuck with my WOE back in January like you have. I've lost nothing. I'm praying for motivation to get serious once again and start losing like you. You're just doing so great!

Dee, happy new car! I'd love one, but unless I want to get a job, that won't happen here.

Marci, it's great catching up with you as always.

Suzanne, hope the chick/hen party goes well this weekend!

Raeanne, wishing you all the best if this is the weekend for your big show!

Hope everyone's day is everything you need it to be!

o

Thanks for the Peep Mounties, NHSuzanne! YUM!!!!! Another topic: Lots of our friends are getting chicken babies and they are so fun to watch. When we go to our friends' houses, Baby V is not too sure about domesticated chickens though - he only likes the WILD ones! About the garlic crop---how do you cure it? It there a certain drying process. My pal just harvested 100 heads out of her garden!

Besh: Hope you had the b-day of your dreams!

Donna--((((HUGS))))))), sister. You really can't catch a break, but better times are ahead---you know it.

Milkdud- Hope your wrist is on the mend. And hope you find your passport. I finally joined FB and have been connecting with old and existing friends---it takes TIME but it's fun! Your Diva event sounds fun!

Dee: Enjoy your weekend---SOUNDS BUSY!!!!! I haven't been to a wedding in FOREVER. New leased car? Fantastico!

Wodka- I am the Mrs. Gladys Kravitz of our cove, I think. I have the binoculars out on the wondowsill, checking out the boaters, campers on the island across from us, and beach birds. I have no T.V.---so this is it for me---good excuse? lol! Congrats on the weight loss---I just started exercising to lose weight for a visit to my family next month. I need to lose 40 pounds in teh next 3 weeks--wish me luck!

Marci---you sound like you are having the kind of summer people dream of---I'm going to try and do some of that!

QOD: My first dinner in my new house with a guy and his wife DH used to work with.

COMPANY arrives from my old digs on Tuesday -- a very close GF from Greece --I CAN'T WAIT to see her. They'll be camping on the island for 3 days and will be having dinners and wine with us each night. ELIPTICAL, here I come!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Diet Club Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here