Return to the Diet Club Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
SS Daily Support: Mon, July 5 - July 11

Posted by wild_chicken (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 5, 10 at 11:32

Hi Guys!

Time to start the healthy, balanced eating again! And don't forget to include exercise in your daily routine!

I gotta work today, so I'm checking in here first.

Had a nice time last night...invited some folks down to our office to watch fireworks. We're on the water, so it's a GREAT view! But...wine, brownies, and chips -n- dip do not do ANYTHING for weight loss!

How long do we have until the next holiday? haha....

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: SS Daily Support: Mon, July 5 - July 11

Good morning!

I know what you mean! Heck, we had Popeyes fried chicken last night for dinner! I ate it all - the coleslaw, the chicken, the dirty rice, AND the biscuit! What is wrong with me???

I was all ready for our morning walk to get back on track, and darn if it didn't start raining. Then I remembered that I had Jillian Michaels' exercise DVD, "The Shred," so decided to try it for the first time. OMG - it is a workout, and I only did the beginners'. You don't need a lot of room or equipment - just some hand weights and a mat. My young, in-shape niece had recommended it. I am sweating and it's only 20 minutes! Have any of you tried it? My niece swears by it and says each day you feel stronger. Sounds like a plan to me!

Have a good week!

o

Good idea, exercise helps a lot of things. I'm older but try to walk the dog 1km a day - better than nothing for both of us. I use a walker so it isn't very fast but it is nice to get the fresh air.

Glad to see this posting started. I wish the Weigh In one would take off, too. I find it helped me a lot but maybe I will start posting my weight here.

All the best to everyone
ivamae

o

Hi all!

"wine, brownies, and chips -n- dip do not do ANYTHING for weight loss". No, but it's good for the soul. :) Every now and then I'll have one of thoses days. Yesterday was one of them, and I think I would have been alrght **if** I had ignored the Krispy Kremes. However, today is a new day, and it's back on the healthy eating for me. (OH, yeah, the homemade cheesecake was good, too.....)

((((Besh)))) I'm so sorry for your loss!

Just checking in to say hi--summer classes are in full swing, and I am dying here. Although, the professor makes up for all of the work--he dragged out a digestive system, and let us root through it. He's great! :)

Hope all is well!

Hugs,

Maddie

o

I wrote a very lovely post last week and I couldn't submit it UGHHHH. Really it was lovely, LOL.

Too many hugs needed here. (((((HUGS))))) to both Donna and Besh - too much sadness.

BJ - I didn't want to ask how you were doing without Baby V as I figured you were having a time of it. ((((HUGS)))) - I can't imagine how you feel but I think of you and Baby V often.

I am working today too, but leaving in a few short, but not short enough minutes. We spent a lot of time out on the lake this weekend, along with thousands of other people UGHHH - I don't like to share LOL. Watched the fireworks after a nice BBQ. The weather has been spectacular, but looks like it is going to be too hot today and at least tomorrow.

Enjoy your day!

o

Hope everyone had a fun and safe 4th!

BJ, like Raeanne I figured the holiday would be tough for you guys without Baby V....((many hugs)). I also thank you for your hugs - I agree way too much sadness.

Besh, you and your family remain in my prayers.

BJ and Maggie, some days we just HAVE to go for the wine, brownies, chips and dip and so on...........life is too short, we can always hop back on the good girl wagon tomorrow.

Jan, don't beat yourself up. You enjoyed it and deserved it. I wasn't a star myself yesterday :-) Heck, it was a holiday!!

Maddie, glad school is going so well for you.

Ivamae, like you I have got to get this butt moving.

I'm off this week and plan to chill, shop and visit the beach. I also will really try and make good choices with my food. When I visit WW on Thursday I hope to be down...so far I am down 7.8 lbs in 5 weeks. I feel pretty good about that.

Love to all...hopefully I will check in more often this week since I'm off.

Stay cool.........

Donna

o

(Insert Deep Voice Here)

Greetings Dieters...and my PERSONAL favorite, MY Maddie!
(That's my pet name for you, Maddie)

Well, my handlers have taken off for the day, so I am checking in with my FAVORITE bunch of girls!

You know, you girls look fantastic from where I stand. Your personalities SHINE through and I would love to meet each and every one of you...but especially Maddie.

My advice is to wake up every day and START ANEW. And exercise for YOURSELF. -Just a little bit each day.

And, don't forget, as you girls say, CHECK IN!

o

I love you George!

BJ ((((HUGS))). I am so sorry, I didn't know that Baby V had been adopted. I knew it was getting closer, but I didn't realize he had left. How are you doing? Will you be able to stay in touch with him and his new family? He was so lucky to have you and your family in his life to give him a loving jump start in his years ahead. The world needs more giving people like you.

Did everyone have a nice long weekend? My son and DIL are up for the wake and the funeral so we have had some bonus time with them. The weekend was nice and laid back...just what we all needed.

Thank you all for your condolences. Things won't be the same without her.

ox Besh

o

Well, I weighed this morning and am down that pound I gained previously. So now I'm down a total of 41 pounds.
That is where I was back 1 month ago. I'd like to lose another 6 pounds and that would give me a bit of fluctuation room. I do want to stay at no more than 150 if possible.

Our weather is very hot and humid but supposed to cool a bit by the week-end.

All the best to all of you

ivamae

o

Good morning!

Seems like all that I have time to do is to dash in and dash out these days!

BJ! A very big hug to you! I can only imagine what you have been going through. My heart goes out to you. (((HUGS!!!)))

Hi Jan, "the shred", huh? I don't know whether to look into that one or to run the other way, ha ha!

Maddie, I just LOVE blood and guts : ) I loved nursing school! Keep me posted!

Raeanne, I don't like to share my recreation spots either!

Hi Donna, how are the pups? Congrats on the almost 8 LB loss.

George, George, Of COURSE we look fantastic! You really must stay away from those air brushed Hollyweird types. I am sure that Maddie has a nice digestive system for you to play with...

Ivamae, I KNEW that you would lose that LB!! In reponse to your earlier question, I only weigh every 3 weeks or so. I am in no hurry, as I only have a few more lbs to go.I know that I am staying on plan, so I know the scale is moving in the right direction. The aim is to take the last of it off slowly and KEEP it off! When I get to 5 lbs below goal, (my "wiggle room") I will weigh every week just to keep myself in check : )

Back later if possible, Have a GREAT day!

Tikanis

o

Tikanis, that is exactyl why I want to lose 6 more pounds so that I will have wiggle room, too. That explains it very well.
ivamae

o

George! It's been TOO long, dahling!

Hey girls, my ENTIRE bathroom turns into a ~~wiggle~~ room when I hop on the scale.

In themiddle of a jury trial, so back to work for me!

Besh, Glad you see the BRIGHT spot in the dark days! :-)

Thanks to all those comforting words about Baby V. We are in contact with the adoptive family every 3 weeks by email. We hope to be a part of Baby V's life...

And CONGRATS to those who are LOSERS!

We're havin' a HEAT wave here...I'll bet that, on top of the SHRED tape, would have me down to bikini size in NO TIME! haha.

Check in, my little chickies....or I'll start doin' shout outs!

o

Hello to everyone from NC

[[[[[[[[[[HUGs]]]]]]]]]]]] to all of you who need them. We all have large shoulders so feel free to take advantage.

I've been getting in some walking and lots of jumping around in Sunset Beach surf. What a great time we're having. fun in the sun

Sis and I will be visiting with one of our old friends who relocated down here; the boys are on their own!!

Make this weekend count!
Love to all
Dee

o

Hi DeeMarie! Sounds like a FUN weekend.

Okay, here's the news from my Visualization Diet...I am LOSING! Although I have a LONG way to go, this morning, I was a 1/2 pound away from 190. This has been my mini goal for SO LONG. I AM THRILLED, so I came here first! haha.

CHECK IN EVERYONE and tell us what's on tap for the weekend!

o

Darn - missed George again!

Congrats BJ, I need to know more about this visualization diet. I am once again visualizing a thinner and healthier me while I work out, but I really need to start visualizing throughout the day.

Ivamae - Congrats - keep up the goor work.

Dee - glad you are enjoying your home away from home!

Donna - tell us about your week off.

No plans for this weekend, except a wine dinner tomorrow night. I work all day tomorrow, Sunday looks like it might be a good boating day. I like having no definite plans for a change.

enjoy!

o

Happy SATURDAY!

This is our last day here; we will head up north about 3am tomorrow (Sunday) morning. Should be home (without traffic) by 1 or 2 pm, just in time to get ready for the work week. [sigh]

Enjoy the weekend!!!

continued [[[[[[[[[[[[[hugs and best wishes]]]]]]]]]]]]]

o

Hi all!

Just checking in from studying--3 tests next week.

@$%* George! Why do I always you miss you, you gorgeous hunk of masculine masculinity you?! Come back!!

"George, George, Of COURSE we look fantastic! You really must stay away from those air brushed Hollyweird types. I am sure that Maddie has a nice digestive system for you to play with..." Tikanis, I do---mine!!!! LMAO!! Just thinking of him give me butterflies in my stomach. :)(Wandering off to drool over George now....)

HOpe all is well! Wish me luck; it's going to be a long week.

Hugs,

Maddie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Diet Club Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here