o
Daily Support, Monday 7/26 to Sunday 8/1/10

Posted by aka_raeanne (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 26, 10 at 11:19

Suprise and Happy Monday!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Daily Support, Monday 7/26 to Sunday 8/1/10

Happy MONDAY to you, Raeanne. Nice to see you back with us.

This week proves to be full of work at the office and at home, but I'm ready for it.

I'm just about to go off to the corporate fitness center for a one-on-one with the instructor. I've been away from my yogilates class for months because of inner ear stuff, but I need to get back. She has promised me that the fitness center is free of execs during the 2-3pm hour, and she will help me with some balance issues. I want some treadmill and bike time too; maybe light weights. I need to get back in the groove but not ready for a class yet. We'll see how it goes.

Make this week count!
Dee

o

Happy TUESDAY!

Let us hear from you, because you won't want me to talk to myself all week. I do enough of that in this office!

:)

o

Good Tuesday all,

Dee, I know how you feel about talking to yourself!

Where oh where is everyone this week?

I am enjoying the one day break we are getting from the heat and humidity! Really hot weather all over I guess.

Check in everyone.

o

I haven't posted in awhile, so I thought I'd stop in and say hello.
Today is DH's first day of retirement. I was convinced to work for one more year, then I too am calling it quits (at least at the preschool).
I have been really laid back this summer, as I try to mnentally recover from a stressful school year.
Had some company stay with us, been reading, getting ready for a garage sale. I also have to get back in the cooking mode, since DH worked the 3-11 shift for 18 years and I didn't cook except on his days off.
We are having homemade pizza tonight for his first official day off.
Hugs to all who have suffered losses in the recent months, congrats to those who reached goals (or set goals) and special hugs to George! LOL

Later,
Marci

o

Marci! It's so good to see an old friend here. Congrats to your DH; I envy him. Enjoy your time together this summer.

o

Hi all!

Hi Marci! Good to see you post! Congrats to your DH; I envy him, too!

Not much going on here, just studying for finals.

Dee, I talk to myself all of the time--it's the only way I can get an intelligent conversation sometimes! LOL!

Hugs,

Maddie

o

Hello, everyone.

Well it is good I had that wiggle room this week. After attending a couple of get togethers and too much food, the wiggle room is gone. I gained back that one pound advantage. It is so easy to go astray.

Anyway hope it is back off next week.

Hope everyone has a great week. Summer is going so quickly.

o

Happy WEDNESDAY!

Let's get our bodies and our typing fingers moving!

I'm getting ready to hold a conversation with myself. It will not be pretty, I can assure you. I've had a rough week. LOL!

Check in!
Dee

o

Hi - Day two of DH's retirement and we haven't had any arguments yet! LOL We are not used to so much time together, so I still expect that adjustments will have to be made.

Kielbasa on the grill and a tortellini salad for dinner.

If someone could just give me ideas for dinner every day and do the grocery shopping, I wouldn't mind the cooking end of it at all. I think I am going to have to break out some of my old cookbooks and hit the internet for ideas. I love to bake more than I love to cook though, but since I know that isn't good for either one of us, I'll have to stick to baking for special occasions and company.

Time to fire up the grill,
Marci

o

Hey Marci,

I cook at least 4-5 nights a week and try to plan dinners using some chicken, pork, fish, beef. Most nights I use the grill to do the protein!! I add rice, potatoe, or pasta as sides....always a salad, but I mix it up with different veggies and dressings (example: chicken with rice may get a salad with dried cranberries, nuts, soft cheese, and a honey mustard dressing). If I do a pasta dish, I do romaine salad with a Good Seasons' Italian dressing or homemade, lower-fat ceasar dressing.

Leftovers get a different twist----beef and rice? add peppers and onions with asian spices----veggies and a bit of chicken or pork? get out the pasta pot; just add olive oil and garlic to the cooked pasta and leftovers.

Good luck!
Dee

o

Dee-I went shopping today and bought shrimp, pork chops, chicken tenders and 2 Delmonico steaks. Hopefully this will keep things varied and interesting. Now when did you say you were coming to help me cook? LOL

I found this shrimp recipe in my old SS files. So dinner tonight is grilled shrimp and fresh corn on the cob. Will probably make a side salad to go with it.

Spicy Grilled Shrimp

1 large clove garlic, minced
1 tsp. Kosher salt
- tsp. cayenne
1 tsp. paprika
2 T olive oil
2 tsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice (about a lemon)
1 T melted butter
1 lbs. large shrimp, peeled, rinsed and drained well

Preheat grill or broiler (I have used my Foreman Grill).
Mix the minced garlic with the salt; mix in the cayenne and paprika; add the olive oil, lemon juice and melted butter. Add the shrimp and stir to coat. Let sit in refrigerator for 1 hour.
Place shrimp on skewers* by bending slightly and poking the skewer through each shrimp twice. This will prevent shrimp from spinning when you turn the skewers.
Grill or broil the shrimp about 2-3 min. per side, turning once.

*If you are using wooden skewers, presoak the skewers in water to prevent them from burning.

o

Hi all!

Marci--Yum! That sounds good--and different--than what we've been eating, which is a definite plus. I'm getting tired of what we have around here. :)

Well, I am bragging on myself, but I finished my anatomy class as the top student, and got publicly acknowledged by the professor. :):) I was shocked, and yes, my head is swollen, but man! Am I proud of me! It's nice to feel smart once in a while!

Busy weekend ahead; family reunion tomorrow, and start studying for my final final on Tuesday.

Hugs,

Maddie

o

Congrats Maddie!! What a wonderful achievement.

o

Happy Saturday, everyone! It's a beautiful day here in Dallas, and a warm one - 100 F!

Needless to say, I'm staying indoors a lot lately, and the cooking has been interestingly healthy! My friend and I are really enjoying seeing how tasty and healthy we can make our meals, and it's been fun, and I'm losing weight!

Maddi, congrats to you, woman!!! I'm proud of you!

Suzanne, I don't miss the humidity of SE Texas - not that we don't have a few humid ones up here, but not daily. The mosquitoes are almost as bad though.

Ivamae, hang in there on the weight. You seem to be doing so well!

Marci!!! So nice to read your posts this week. If you and hubby can survive the first week, all should prove well. Does he like to cook or at least plan meals? That would help a lot. Get him hooked on the Food Network!

Dee, did you survive the talking-to you gave yourself this week? I'm always harsher on myself than anyone else could ever be, I know.

Raeanne, get back in here, missy! I always enjoy reading your posts.

Tonight is light snacking - probably cantaloupe, a small chunk of Queso Asadero cheese, and light popcorn - since lunch today was a big country dinner of pork loin, fresh picked pinto beans, cornbread, and slaw. Tomorrow I'm going over to visit my son, his wife, her mom, and baby Paxton who is now 2-1/2 weeks old and oh, so cute in his pics son posts on FB. It's a long drive from where I'm staying so I'm limiting myself to a weekly drive over. Can't wait!

Have a wonderful Saturday!

o

Rabbit-Rabbit!!

Hi Milkdud - Nice to see you posting too. I bought my first cantaloupe this week and it was delicious! My neighbor's son is named Paxton and his twin sister is Peyton. Cute as can be. Hope you have a nice visit.

Can't believe it is August already!

I have a graduation party to go to today and then I need to catch up on some ironing. I love cotton but hate the upkeep.

Later,
Marci

o

Rabbit! Rabbit! Hard to believe it's already August. The summer has flown by, hasn't it?

I got to sleep later than usual, but after a hearty breakfast, I'll be out helping my friend haul brush to the front curb for large pickup tomorrow. The temp reached 108 yesterday, and it's not supposed to be any cooler again today.

By the time it's really warm here, I'll be holding my grandson in his a/c'ed house, so life is good! Breakfast will be crustless quiche, and dinner tonight will be grilled fish tacos.

Wishing everyone a happy Sunday and first day of August!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Diet Club Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here