SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
milkdud_2007

SS Support - Monday 7/7 - Sunday 7/13

milkdud_2007
15 years ago

Just getting us going for the week! Later, gators!

Comments (46)

• Wild_Chicken
    15 years ago

Hi Guys!

Well, I listed my house with a Realtor and checked that thing off my list. Besides gaining 8 pounds in the process of getting it turned over, I was not myself--a little too stressed out, if you know what I mean.

I will miss my garden and hardscape patio, but other than that, I always knew I'd move eventually, so I never let myself get attached to the house. I am taking my patio pots, so I'll have a little piece of memory to take with me!

I have to catch up reading here, and I have already started to get into the mindset of losing this extra weight by walking more. It's easier in a small town too, I suppose. I'm actually going to ENJOY what I eat instead of madly stuffing my mouth like that attorney on "I Am Sam."

Speaking of movies, I rented "Becoming Jane" last night. I really liked it. Has anyone seen it?

Missed all of you but now tasks are less chaotic and more evenly measured, I'll have time to spend here.

Thanks for ramping us up this week, milkdud!

• nhsuzanne
    15 years ago

Good Monday all,

I am exhausted from the weekend. Friday was the only day that I got to relax! The hydrant in my barn broke and we spent all day Saturday digging it out and replacing it! Sunday, catch up from what I was supposed to get done on Saturday! Arggggg

BJ, welcome back! Congrats on your house.

Raeanne, how did your art show go?

Patti, thanks for that cleverly done card! It was nice to get it and a very pleasant surprise.

How was everyone's weekend?

• Related Discussions

SS Support, Monday, 1/7 - Sunday 1/13/08

Q

Comments (16)
    It's sooooooooooooooooo lonely in this forum........ Someone open a curtain and LET SOME LIGHT IN!!!! The sun is half-heatedly shining here today. No snow. How 'bout those presidential candidate primaries? Huh? GUUUUUURL POWER.... and the good ole Mac boy network rides again. NHSuzanne, was your town voting center a madhouse last night? Back to packing....and juicing! I end all project in "and juicing" now...lol. I bought a couple of books on de-cluttering...I tossed my other decluttering books when I was decluttering last time...so I am re-inspired, especially since I am packing for the move NOW. It's time to really assess how much material stuff I need to operate in this life. So far, It's been pretty amazing how many pairs of boots I NEED! And I packed an entire box of books regarding death. I'm wondering how Feng Shui fits into THAT! I feel like I should have put a stick of sage incense or a flute cure in that box or something. Oh, I heard a funny thing in the island bookstore last weeknend. A lady went to the cash wrap to buy her books and the guy said, "Are you from here...or are you visiting?" She answered, "I'm from HERE, but just visiting..........earth." Now I know there are a LOT of hippies on the island, but this sort of took the cake for me. Whilst I was there, I bought a book called, "GIVING...How Each Of Us Can Change The World." Gonna start reading it tonight. What's everyone else HERE reading right now???????? I could ramble on quite a bit more, but I feel I should let someone else get a word in, eh?
    ...See More

SS Daily Support - Mon. 3/7 thru Sun. 3/13

Q

Comments (28)
    A heartwarming story...thanks for the link. It always amazes me that people can get in - with their kids! -a barely seaworthy vessel and set out on a journey to who-know-where. Courage and bravery come to mind---but also the chance of sacrificing your family. It takes a wild thought process to come to the decision to risk it all and take off. The whole experience for the students must have been mind blowing. It changes one's outlook on life and what's really important. On Saturday, I hope to spend most of the day outside, connecting with nature in the garden. If I get it pruned, weeded, and swept, I may reward myself in the next couple of weeks by buying a cool plant or two at the nursery. Sunday, I'm going to help a teacher build a set for the kindergarten St. Pat's Day play. That should take but a couple of hours, so maybe I'll take the kids to the beach! It's lovely weather here. I decided I'm not freaking out about the chores this weekend...can you tell it's the end of the end of the quarter for me? One more paper due and I'm off for a week on the COLD east coast! *********What's important to YOU this weekend?********** Check in before you check out for the weekend!
    ...See More

SS Support - Mon 5/7 to Sun 5/13

Q

Comments (28)
    Hi Dee, I am glad you are here. I checked out the menu at Limoncello and I can picture you, Raeanne and me sipping chilled white wine while we chat over lunch! We need to pull that off again soon. I get so much done by getting up at 4am every morning! On the days I ride I am in my barn at 4:15 to give the girls a snack and muck a little. Then back to the house for tea and change into my riding clothes. At 4:45 I am back in the barn grooming and tacking. By 5:15 I am in the saddle and my ride takes about an hour and 15 mins. So, back at the barn by 6:30 latest to finish chores. Then to the chicken coop to let them out. I am back in the house by 7am and have an hour to shower and get ready for work! I leave my house at 8:15 and am in my office at 8:30! That's a 15 minute commute. Then there is after work! It's easy for me to get up that early this time of year - I love the early morning when it's light enough to see it! We need you all to weigh in on who the biggest AI fan is at this thread ladies. You too JOhn if you are lurking.
    ...See More

SS Daily Support Monday 7/31 - Sunday 8/6

Q

Comments (33)
    Dinner here! Are we being realistic about what we can whip up on an outdoor trip? I'll be. Since I'm flying in, as soon as I land, I'll throw some pre-seared hamburgers (blue cheese or cheddar can be added later) and whole wheat buns wrapped in foil under the cowling and cook them up with the residual engine heat. They'll be nice and toasty by the time we get settled. I'll pop a red grape, feta, candied walnut, pear, and apple chopped salad with a (little raspberry vinegarette on it) in the cooler before I take off. We can have that and some baked BBQ Lay's---I haven't had chips in a while, but this sounds like a great occasion to dive in! I'll bring a few sticks of fatwood to get the fire going so we can get the coffee (and tea) on for after dinner and have coffee and toasted marshmallows for dessert. ************************ I am on the island today. Someone highjacked out internet connection while we've been gone but my genius DH took in back last night, so I am wired! I am spending the next 2 days here in the attic room of the house---where it's quiet---writing. I have a 6 page paper due tommorrow in climates and a fair amount of homework due by the end of today. We turn out homework in through a homework site that checks for plagerism. I love it bacause I can turn my work in remotely! YAY! I have another paper due on Wednesday---my Philosophy final paper. I'm writing on Infant Euthanasia: Moral and Ethical Pros and Cons. Sooooooooooooo, I'm going to be busy. The good news is that I have wonderful weather to look out the window at and the water is calm, water birds are talking and and the sea planes are taking off and landing regularly---their rotary engines humming a beautiful tune. :) DH and DD have agreed to help me out and watch the little ones for the weekend. I better hold up my end of the bargain and get writing!!!!!! Have a great weekend!
    ...See More
  • milkdud_2007
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I'm back and a little sore from my workout. I hadn't been since Thursday evening, and it took its toll.

BJ, it's always nice seeing your posts! I'm happy for you that your house is now listed. Have you already moved to the island though? I can't remember, and I have to start packing to go to Dson's house this afternoon, so I can't go back and read for details.

Suzanne, bless your heart. Being on a farm makes for mucho work, doesn't it? I'm glad you at least had the 4th of July as a nice day!

I'll be taking the computer with me to babysit this week, so I'll be checking in. I'm hoping that I can control my eating better over there this visit. They just have so much good junk food, and I am so weak. I do great as long as I'm in total control of my environment, but let me bring in one trigger-food, and I'm a goner!

Peg, I hope you're sleeping better now with the bedroom a/c! I read on another board that you'd broken down and gotten one. Good for you. Sleep is important, and if you're hot and sweaty, no way can you sleep well.

Patti, I have a challenge this week. I've been invited to a lovely woman's 90th birthday celebration on Saturday, and I want to make her a special card, but I'll only have Friday evening in which to do it. Any ideas for design and wording? I met this woman at a Dollar General store about a month ago, then I started going to her church a couple of weekends ago. She is so sweet and gracious and I want to honor her. She was adamant when she called to invite me that I not bring a gift, so a special card will be it.

Well, folks, it's time to grab some lunch then get things packed up and go. I'll be checking in regularly, I hope, as well as going to their World Gym to work out. The girls love the nursery there, thankfully, so I'm doing the guest pass thing. Also, the owner of it is my oldest Dson's namesake, so I'll get special dispensation. LOL

Have a good day!

• yankandtex
    15 years ago

Milkdud~I have magazines! LOL I'll look for good ideas & then we can throw in our own touch. ;-) Aubrey was able to say "Gramma" for the 1st time yesterday. Awwwww...

NH Suzanne~So glad that you liked it. Sorry that you had such a rough weekend. Hope that things get better now.

BJ~Loved the old house but imagine that wherever you live you can make it HOME! That's the most important thing.

Peg~Sorry about your a/c.

I had the best report at the dr this a.m. Everything going great. Liver, blood sugar, thyroid, etc. I don't have to go back until Nov. & then it is the big check-up. He did tell me not to have ANY caffeine after 5:00 p.m. for anyone else having problemos sleeping. He was ecstatic about weight loss & told me over & over how great I look. Must get busy. Have a great week.

Dee~If you get a chance to check in~~I hope you are having a great trip!!

• User
    15 years ago

Hi 'Gramma'! Lovely.

Yep, I'm sorry about my a/c too. Felt sorry the whole time I was sleeping in a cool room. We only run it to cool the room down and then turn it off for the night - waaaayyyyy toooo noisy and I can vision the electrical meter outside spinning. When it's cool in the morning I open the house up to change the air and cool it down again for the day. About 11am I shut it back up and put the fans on. This does a pretty good job. I don't like a cold house - gives me chest colds in the summer which I hate. That's the one thing I'm NOT missing working as a gardener this summer. Office a/c viruses from lack of fresh air.

Not a good diet week for me in this weather - struggling to eat so I'm going to have to get working this morning and get stuff prepared again in the fridge. Also think I'm going to have to get back to 'tracking' on my WW so I pay attention to what I'm doing. Too easy to get lazy. Biggest problem for me in the heat is not wanting to eat until it cools down and then I'm starving (like last night!). Time to pull up my socks!

My weight settled up 2 pounds. That's fine because instead of holding at 140, I'm holding about 137. This is fine, especially in the heat. My body is going to tell me what weight it wants to hold as I continue to focus on healthy eating. If I can hold this weight for the summer I would be happy. I'd love to drop a few more pounds but not in a heat wave. Much wiser to focus on proper meals, snacks and water. Lots of it too!

Everyone has been soooo busy - you're all excused for your absence! Seriously do take care. Very happy to see you back.

It's cool. I think I'm going to get dressed and go for a walk before it heats up and then water MY gardens when I return. Lots of folk out walking right now before work.

Yankandtex - excellent doctor's report! I'm very happy for you. Isn't it wonderful when your doctor notices how great you look? Excellent!

Milkdud - can you take your own snacks or prepare something that you can eat? Planning helps. Glad you can take your computer to check in - we'll be rooting for you! So don't feel like you are stranded over there. Talk to us. At the very least it's only for a week. Hang in there girl!

Nhsuzanne - sorry to hear about your weekend. Never ends on a farm. How is your agenda looking for this week? Stupid question - what is a normal day like for you?

Wildchicken - are you moving to a similar size house? Sorry, I've lost the plot. I hate leaving gardens too but love the adventure of settling into a new place - decorating, meeting new neighbours. I understand the stress and weight gain. Things will settle down again and you will be able to refocus on yourself. Just keep posting and do what you can.

Going to get dressed for my walk - I'm seeing more and more people out there so I'd better get moving while it's cool out!

Have a wonderful day today. Drink your water, plan ahead and...

• wodka
    15 years ago

Good morning, everybody.

Not much to say. My holiday company came down Thursday and left on Sunday. I did not do good, (overate and drank wine every night) and I felt it - not sleeping well, indigestion, etc. I could kick myself, but I won't. I know I need to make this a lifestyle and not on and off way of eating, but I sure fight it with my poor decisions, but I will not quit.

So, I've dusted off my journal and logged in my breakfast entry. Have company coming again on the 17th. Maybe my head will be on straighter by then?

• nhsuzanne
    15 years ago

Good Tuesday,

I am glad Monday is behind me! It's always hard to come back to work after a 3 day weekend!

Peggy, the weather has been really humid and tropical here too. You question about what a normal day for me took me off guard! I think normal is relative. My typical day M-F starts at 4:00am. I am in the barn at 4:30 doing chores and grooming for my morning ride, in the saddle no later than 5:15 and out for a 1 hour ride +/-. After my ride I finish in the barn and get ready for work. 8:30-5:00 and my commute is less than 10 miles. After work, it's home to do barn chores and other outdoor chores (chicken, yard, garden) usually until dusk having a quick dinner at some point. Then after the chickens are tucked in I am off to bed usually 9-9:30. That is a typical day. Weekends I ride first before anything else and take much longer rides, then I come home and do chores or whatever needs doing and where I live it's always something. I keep a farm log to record the work we do. Weed whacking the fence lines, mowing the pastures, moving poop pile to compost....it never ends. I love my horses and my home and so it doesn't really seem like work.

With the price of gas I am SERIOUSLY considering riding or driving my horse to work!!

• Wild_Chicken
    15 years ago

Hi guys!

Settling in at the new place. We're renting an 1800 sq ft place until ours is built--in a little more than a year. It's quite a downsize (my old house was 4310 sq ft) , but I actually like it---WAY less to clean inside and we're all together now. I tossed over 2000 pounds of stuff in my packing chores. In the end, we were throwing EVERYTHING away! We haven't moved our stuff yet, as we're still waiting for the house to sell and want to keep it staged.

The weather here is mild. There's fog this morning but it'll burn off and warm to about 76 today. Tomorrow will be REALLY high for around here, coming in at 78.

Milkdud, you're lucky to be able to attend that sweet lady's bday on Saturday. As long as they're sweet. older ladies are so much fun to hang out with!

I put away my scale yesterday. I'm going to just work on enjoying what I eat and watching the portion size for a month, then I'll weigh myself when I have THAT more under control!

CONGRATS, Patti, on your doc's report!!!! WTG, girlfriend!

• nhsuzanne
    15 years ago

Wodka, don't beat yourself up too bad. We all slip - it's so easy. I saw on Good Morning America that the power of journaling your food is really catching on.

It's 91 here today and really humid.

• Wild_Chicken
    15 years ago

Yeah, wodka, I second what NHSuzanne sez! Just start journaling! Besides there's always someone who screwed up their food plan worse than you did---ME! :-)

• marci_pa
    15 years ago

Hi!

I just finished reading an article that said the number 1 thing that people did who successfully lost weight was to hold themselves accountable through food journaling. So I say write it down!

Now that DH is feeling better and back to work, I am trying to get caught up on errands and noisy chores. Every time I went to do something last week, he was sleeping and I didn't want to disturb him. I hated to tell him he was cramping my style! LOL

BJ - You must feel a TON better now that you have purged 2000 pounds of unwanted stuffed! (Pun intended-lol)I have been cleaning cupboards and craft boxes out and if I haven't used it in two years, it is going in the trash or the Good Will box. Glad that your life has been simplified somewhat by the move.

Wodka and Milkdud - Nobody can be strict every moment of every day. We are all human and we will give into temptations now and again. The trick is to realize that you aren't the only one who slips up. Think about the good things that happened last week and go forward from there. Don't beat yourself up over some slips.

Remember when we used to give ourselves stars on here for the days we didn't "cheat" on our WOE? Seeing those stars add up did keep me on the straight and narrow and remind me that I had a goal. Maybe that would help to start that again.

DeeMarie - Hope you and DH are having a wonderful time on your cruise.

NHSuzanne - Sorry you had a rough weekend. Any fun camping trips coming up?

Raeanne - Is your company still there?

Patti - The pictures of all your projects were great. I did email you about them, but not sure if you got that email or not.

I have some sewing to finish up and a healthy banana bread to put in the oven. I used applesauce in place of fat and substituted whole wheat flour for some of the white flour. I hope it tastes good! LOL

Later,
    Marci

• wodka
    15 years ago

Thanks! I'm feeling better as the day passes. It always helps to come here and share our successes and our challenges.

Just got in from the grocery store, re-stocked the pantry with good stuff, and have pen in hand to write down what I just had for lunch. I saw that, too, where people who keep a food diary/journal are much more successful with their weight loss. It just makes so much sense and keeps one "honest" about what we have or haven't put in our mouths!

Here's to better and healthier days!

• yankandtex
    15 years ago

I love, love, love coming here & seeing that so many have had a chance to post. Hi to everyone!!

Marci~I did get that email. Thanks. I did a couple of real cute things today. A cute page for DDIL & a cute card for DS & DDIL.

I saw that about journaling too. I don't normally journal what I eat but they said that you lose twice as much. That sounded GOOD to me! Also, does anyone take fish oil? I saw that if you eat fish twice a week it does better than a fish oil or Omega-3 supplement b/c your body takes the fish oil better from the fish than from the supplement. FYI

How about a QOD? Do you mind sharing where your "happy" place is when you need to go somewhere in your mind to get away?

Raeanne~I thought of you & that yours would be "in the boat". ;-)

I think my answer for the QOD is: we have a family cabin in NM, it isn't much believe me--it is falling down, but we've had it since I was a baby & I have such good memories of it that I use that as my "happy" or escape place.

• User
    15 years ago

Hi everyone!
    Yep - meee tooo happy to see folk posting. Quiet weekend around here I tell ya.
    Wodka you keep writing. You've already are winning this because of the focus on lifestyle change rather than diet. It is a lifestyle change that you deserve.
    Well, it's muggy today. I actually had to water MY garden beds and hose out/refill the bird bath. So many birds diving in there they've almost emptied the thing and looks like it needs another refill - 2 hours later! They're hot too!
    Gave up going for water - just put the jug beside me and drinking water. I'm thirsty in this weather. I will have to pay attention to drink lots of water downtown tomorrow when I'm working. More of the same weather for the next while. I don't mind if I drink my water and put my sunscreen on. I'm not a hat person at all, especially with the wind around the office towers.
    My excitement today was seeing a bumper crop of little green tomatoes starting, tiny little wee heads of mini broccoli poking through and I think I have swiss chard ready to start eating (breakfast tomorrow with an egg and slice of toast!). Geez, I'm like a hospital patient already looking forward to my next meal! Okay, okay it's not that bad! I just love fresh veggies. Lots of buds on my beans too. Poor peas did not make it between the ground hog and earwigs. Have to put something else there. (It's caged in). Lots of parsley too (I bought plants this year). Love parsley with lemon, onion and tomato. Lots of iron. Yum!

Don't feel bad if you slip up - I was bad today - we went to a movie. God bless us for being human - I won't say what it was other than women love the stuff! and it's brown....

We saw Walle. I wanted to bring him home to play with my cat! Cute little fella I think!

How is your day? Looking forward to watching the last episode of H@ll's Kitchen tonight.

Cheers,
    Peggy

QOD - fabric, quilt pics, fabric pics or gardens.

• marci_pa
    15 years ago

QOD - A good book. I get lost in a good book and am transported to another time and/or another place. A good book will stay with me, even haunt me, until another replaces it. I am always in search of the next good read to take me to a happy place. (Even if the story is sad, a book can make me happy for having read it and being drawn into the writing.)

• donna_southnj
    15 years ago

Hi!

Patti, WTG on that doc report - you go girl!!

Suzanne, I'm like you after a 3 day weekend, Monday is rough and I'm glad we're 2 down and 3 to go. I'm sorry you had such a rough weekend.

Wodka, don't beat yourself up. It's over, it's done and it's a new week - you enjoyed yourself and now it's time to move on and start again. I have been where you are many, many times. You can do it! I also saw on GMA today about journaling and it's ironic..I started journaling and counting WW points again just yesterday. I start with a new trainer tomorrow night and I'm mentally pumped (at least I think I am).

BJ - glad to see ya!! Glad you got the house listed and the move done - now it's time to explore and enjoy...

Everyone stop in and say hello....don't go MIA like I do, it's no fun :-(

QOD: The beach for me. I can visit it year round and it always brings me peace and things in to focus. It's been that way my whole life.

Be good to yourself....take care...talk later....

Donna

• Wild_Chicken
    15 years ago

QOD: I'm with Donna. the beach is the ticket for me. Any beach. I forget about everything when I'm on the beach.

• User
    15 years ago

Happy Lotto Day!
    Another hot, hot, hot day here followed by another 14 days of hot, hot, hot! I hope that dang pool at the hotel is finally approved - waiting for the health inspector to okay the repairs/refill of the hotel pool. I bought a health club membership since I always work downtown. At least I've been able to have a lovely shower and clean up before coming home. Wonderful.
    Not good eating weather for me. It's hard when it's hot. Last night partially filled my water bottles and put them in the freezer. Need lots of ice cold water today.
    Should get my butt in gear, get the garbage/recycle out and on the bus!
    Have a great day today. I'm having a subway lowfat half sub for lunch today and I'm going to skip all dressings. Don't need the extra calories.

Make it a great day today. Do at least one good thing today and make it count!

Cheers,
    Peggy

• nhsuzanne
    15 years ago

Good Wednesday all,

Patti, I forgot to say congrats on your doctors report! Great news and it must feel good to hear.

Busy, busy at work as usual. I have a huge seminar coming up in two weeks.

QOD: A happy place for me is my farm, home and especially the barn full of animals. Even if I am not there I can go there in my mind. In times of trouble (like an argument with DH) I go to the barn for a new perspective.

• milkdud_2007
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Good Wednesday afternoon! My computer wouldn't work here because Dson is still sickly and couldn't think of what the code was to let me have internet access, so I'm using his and Aubrie is cooperating by napping long enough for me to get online!!!

I agree with everyone on WTG, Patti! Your dr. must have been so pleased with your results since your last visit.

Wodka, I'm glad you're feeling better about yourself today. Those bad days really drag us down, don't they?

Peggy, you're doing well considering how busy you are. Glad you're sleeping better these days.

Marci, isn't it funny how having the dh's home and inert can stall us, too?

BJ, I purged tons of stuff, too, when we moved down here, but I still had enough to put in a fairly good-sized garage sale 6 weeks later! LOL

Suzanne, no way could I keep your schedule or do your workload, but you do it so well and even manage to find time to post with us!

Hi, Donna! Hope you like this new trainer and it works well for you.

I'm doing fairly well on my eating while here. I did have to prepare a dish last night for their dinner that I didn't dare eat because it was full of full-fat dairy products, green chile lasagna with cottage cheese, sour cream, cream cheese, and regular paremsan. Instead, I chose to have a light salad, then Alexis (8 yr. old DGD) and I went shopping after dinner, and I stopped at HEB and bought a slice of meat loaf and a 1/4 lb. of black bean salad with jicama in it for my dinner. It was really delish!

QOD: My happy place is now sitting out on my front porch reading something - the newspaper or a good book and sipping something that goes with the current weather. It used to be a room in my mind with chintz-covered overstuffed chairs and ottomans and a light breeze blowing through the open French doors.

Well, I'd better take advantage of this free time to put on some makeup before the day is over. LOL Have a great day, everyone!

• User
    15 years ago

I called it quits early today - was getting way tooooo hot downtown. Watered the priority stuff, some items were okay to leave until Friday. I love when they forecast thunderstorms all day and not one drop hits the pavement!

Here's a little humour for ya'll today:

Why are men happier people:
    Men Are Just Happier People-- What do you expect from such simple creatures? Your last name stays put. The garage is all yours.
    Wedding plans take care of themselves. Chocolate is just another snack. You can be President. You can never be pregnant. You can wear a white T-shirt to a water park. You can wear NO shirt to a water park. Car mechanics tell you the truth. The world is your urinal. You never have to drive to another gas station restroom because this one is just too icky. You don't have to stop and think of which way to turn a nut on a bolt. Same work, more pay. Wrinkles add character. Wedding dress $5000. Tux rental-$100. People never stare at your chest when you're talking to them. New shoes don't cut, blister, or mangle your feet. One mood all the time!
    Phone conversations are over in 30 seconds flat. You know stuff about tanks. A five-day vacation requires only one suitcase. You can open all your own jars. You get extra credit for the slightest act of thoughtfulness. If someone forgets to invite you, he or she can still be your friend.
    Your underwear is $8.95 for a three-pack. Three pairs of shoes are more than enough. You almost never have strap problems in public.
    You are unable to see wrinkles in your clothes. Everything on your face stays its original color. The same hairstyle lasts for years, maybe decades. You only have to shave your fa ce and neck.
    You can play with toys all your life. One wallet and one pair of shoes -- one color for all seasons. You can wear shorts no matter how your legs look. You can "do" your nails with a pocket knife.
    You have freedom of choice concerning growing a mustache.
    You can do Christmas shopping for 25 relatives on December 24 in 25 minutes.
    No wonder men are happier.

• nhsuzanne
    15 years ago

Hello???? (echo,echo,echo)

Happy Thursday, she said to herself!!

• yankandtex
    15 years ago

waves to NH Suzanne (don't want you having to talk to yourself! LOL) Patti ;-)

• wodka
    15 years ago

Thought I'd share with you a picture my husband took early this morning. Kind of a nice way to have started the day. Hope everyone is having a good one today.

{{gwi:1503589}}

• nhsuzanne
    15 years ago

That is a really nice way to start the day!!! Thanks for sharing. Love your porch!

• Wild_Chicken
    15 years ago

A rainbow over the house! That's cool! I love all the brickwork too; nice black contrast---very nifty!

It's a very hot day here.

I was reading the local on-line paper this morning and saw there was a toddler group at the library this morning, so "V" and I hopped in the car and drove the 7 minutes down there and joined in. The ladies and their toddlers were all very nice to us! They invited us to a music group next Tuesday but we'll be back on the mainland for doc's appts, so we'll miss that. But everyone has been nice to us so far, and except for a few weird, misplaced remarks about baby "V", we're trying to fit in and it's going okay so far.

I signed the older kids up for a cheer camp later this summer and I went to the local pet shelter and am signing up to walk and obedience train the "strong" dogs...

BUT that's it s far. I'm going to TRY to sail a little smoother in this transition and not do so many things. But there are SO many volunteer groups here, I'm going to have to be VERY picky!

Check in---I'll check in tomorrow morning after I've had a chance to read.

BTW, the Realtor has had a public open house and a broker's open house so far, and tehre is some interest in the house, but many think it needs more updates and so time will tell if it is to sell at the asking price. But 2 agents are showing clients this week and one couple has looked at it twice. ****SEND GOOD THOUGHTS!****

• User
    15 years ago

Happy Friday!
    Love the photo Wodka!
    Yesterday got a few things done around the house, still packing up stuff of my Mom's. Charity pick-up today. Good doctor's follow up yesterday with my mental health. It's slow. I'm not depressed but not leaping over the moon on life yet. Enjoying each day as it comes. All of your continued support and words of kindness mean so much to me.
    Diet wise I have been eating on the heavy side this week and maintaining. So hot it's been hard to eat and then I get starving...poor planning on my part. Today it's downtown to garden work. It's MY 3 blocks/office! I own those blocks! Mine, mine, mine.
    Packed my lunch today and getting a big bottle of water.

I'm sending good thoughts for you Wild Cherry with your home!

Have a fantastic day today everyone. I am hoping for next's week weigh in I am maintaining. That's my goal because the inches have shifted!

Make it count, you are important and deserve to take care of yourself! LOL

Peggy

• wodka
    15 years ago

Thanks for the nice words about the house....don't know if you noticed the huge generator on the right side. We've got a nice wood fence around 3 parts of it, but have to leave the back side open for entry and exit, so planted an oleander that will hopefully grow fast and full to hide it. After Katrina and losing everything, a full sized generator was an expensive but easy "sale" to us. (Not that even a generator would have saved our old house.)

I'm doing better on my eating, not perfect, but better. While my mother was here, she bought some macaroon cookies, that have never appealed to me, and now they do. Like I need another food to like......

Today will be a good day. Peg, stay cool. That's great about your doctor's appointment going well. Look how far you've come in such a short time! I'd love to see pictures of your gardening results. I've got a small sugar kettle that I am going to fill with some flowers and greenery either today or tomorrow. Being July in Mississippi, I imagine my selection will be small, but vinca/periwinkle works great here...

We need a QOD, don't we? I can't think of one right now, so will leave it to y'all. Enjoy your day and weekend!

• milkdud_2007
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Good Friday morning! It's already very warm and muggy here in SE Texas. I'd like to think that going home today will make a difference in the weather, but it won't. LOL

I will miss my DGDs greatly when I leave today, but I'll see them again on Sunday to keep them until Tuesday afternoon. I'm a little sleep deprived, and healthy eating deprived, so I'm heading straight for the workout center when I get home. I decided not to join the gym here as it wasn't user-friendly enough for me. But, I've been up and dancing with at least Aubrie daily and exercising to her cute little kiddo videos.

Wodka, love your house. And what a lucky sign to have that rainbow over your home!

Peggy, baby steps and one day at a time are the only ways to get through this, and it sounds like you're doing pretty well.

BJ, so good to see you posting again. I hope that you find your niche quickly in your new hometown, but you have almost a village with just your own family already! :-) How does your dh like having a full house once again? Has to be a culture shock for him.

My DIL's mom is coming by this afternoon to visit with us. She stops by every time I visit. Isn't that nice?

I've got a pretty full agenda this weekend while I'm back home. An early morning breakfast meeting of the women's church group, then delivering a couple of Avon orders before attending the woman's 90th birthday party. Hopefully, dinner out with hubby. Sunday will be Sunday school and church, and definitely lunch out at Applebee's where I always eat healthy! Then either the little girls will come to my house until Tuesday, or I'll drive back over to theirs. The oldest DGD really wants to come to my house, but we'll see.

Hope everyone's doing well and staying happy!

• yankandtex
    15 years ago

I have that DeeMarie gets home tomorrow. I hope that she had a great vacation.

Milkdud~I know that missing sleep & not eating right can make you feel "off". Hope that the work-out this afternoon perks up your day.

Wodka~Your home is very nice & I love the significance of rainbows!

Peggy~So glad that you are doing so well. Try to find some way or some thing that you can eat when it is hot since this is a WOE & you want to live this way permanently. That way it will become 2nd nature to you instead of taking planning every time.

BJ~So glad that you had the experience at the library. People can say the cruelest things not even realizing what they are saying. You & I could have some funny talks.

NH Suzanne~What are your plans for the weekend?

QOD: Name 1 thing you love about being an adult!

I'll come back & answer later. Patti :+)

• yankandtex
    15 years ago

You know what? I know my answer to the QOD:

QOD: I love, love, love being a Gramma! It is the best thing ever!!

• nhsuzanne
    15 years ago

Hi Patti, Wodka, Peggy, and Milkdud!

Sure is quiet here today and this week for that matter!!

QOD: I love being responsible for myself and not having to answer to others.

• aka_raeanne
    15 years ago

Wodka - how beautiful, I love your outdoor fireplace/grill.

BJ - 2nd showings are very promising. I will keep my fingers crossed. Glad you had a good day with V. Let them talk and make remarks - you are a great person and V is one adorable little guy.

Suzanne - have things calmed down a bit?

McPeg - Glad you got a good report from the Dr. Keep up the good work.

Milkdud - sounds like you need a break, even though you had so much fun. Rest up for Sunday!

Marci - Glad DH is back to normal and your life is your's again LOL.

Patti - I knew your answer to the QOD before you posted it LOL.

QOD - what Suzanne said

I can't even begin to tell you how horrible work has been these days. The pile on my desk just keeps growing and I see no end in sight. They better hope I don't hit the lottery, because this job would be history LOL.

Fortunately, no company this weekend.

I hope everyone has a great day.

• User
    15 years ago

Happy Saturday!
    It's cool and I'm in the mood for more purging around here. Got a whack of stuff sent to the charity shop this week and starting to see floor and walls again. My mood will be 110% when I can look around and see Better Homes and Gardens around here. Both of us are bad for clutter piles so it's a living challenge. I can't believe how much junk we've kept over the years. Anything in boxes that I've don't know what's in there anymore is really at risk for meeting a new home! I'm taking no prisoners these days.

Still holding my weight - can tell by my clothes. Had to buy a new pair of black office pants (keep watching for sales) in a smaller size. They are tight but I know I still have inches moving around and it's motivating not to gain weight back. After this summer gardening job I'm going back to office work for the winter. I need the routine and the pay wouldn't hurt either.

So more clean-up today.

Have a great one! Enjoy!

Cheers,
    Peggy

• donna_southnj
    15 years ago

Hi!!

I've been MIA, internet connection problems, all resolved now.

Glad that everyone's doing well.

QOD: Add me too to what Suzanne said!

Wodka, your home is beautiful and I love the rainbow.

BJ, glad you are settling in.

Will check back later....enjoy the day!

Donna

• wodka
    15 years ago

I need your prayers. My older sister, who just turned 60, recently had back surgery (lumbar fusion?) She has been in constant pain, before and after surgery, lost a tremendous amount of weight, and was admitted this week for tests to find the cause of her pain, since the surgeon kept saying the operation was a success. It was confirmed today that she has cancer - in her lung, her back, her shoulder. She will begin radiation on Tuesday.

She is the oldest of the six of us. She is a single parent, with three sons, one who is a quadraplegic. Her ex-husband has never been there for her or her sons. Her other two sons live out of state and struggle to make ends meet. Her son who is quadraplegic has a job, but relies on her for so much. I can't imagine one without the other.

She has not told them or our mom yet. My mom just buried our father, who we lost to cancer, less than two years ago. It is going to break her heart, like it has ours. I'm just so very sad.

So the QOD asking what we like about being an adult - today I honestly can say, not very much.

• milkdud_2007
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Wodka, I am so sorry to hear about your sister. My thoughts and prayers are with her during this terrible time. Sending (((hugs))) for you, too!

• User
    15 years ago

Wodka, I am sorry to hear about your sister and send my prayers to all of you at this time.
    ((((((((((((Wodka and family)))))))))))))

• aka_raeanne
    15 years ago

Wodka - (((((HUGS))))), my heart was breaking reading your post. I am sending prayers and positive thoughts for your sister, you and your entire family.

• donna_southnj
    15 years ago

((((((Wodka and family)))))) - I am so very sorry. You and your family will remain in my thoughts and prayers.

• marci_pa
    15 years ago

((Wodka)) I was so sorry to read about your sister. You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

• yankandtex
    15 years ago

[[[[ W o d k a & F a m i l y ]]]]~Prayers & peace to all of you. I'm so very sorry.

• wodka
    15 years ago

Thank you all very much for your thoughts and prayers. There are always miracles, but from what we have been told so far, this is the "bad" kind - adenocarcinoma. We will know more on Tuesday. I appreciate so much you keeping her and our family in your prayers.

• deemarie5500
    15 years ago

[[[[[[[Wodka, sister, and family]]]]]]]

I was so saddened by this news. You are all in my prayers.

• Wild_Chicken
    15 years ago

Wodka, How sad. And what a heavy burden for her, having to tell everyone the news and dealing with what's ahead. We're all thinking of you and hoping that the days ahead bring uplifting news. (((((HUGS))))

• nhsuzanne
    15 years ago

Wodka, sorry to hear this sad news. I will keep you and yours in my thoughts and prayers and you are right, miracles do happen so don't give up on that thought.

Sponsored