Return to the Diet Club Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I'm FINALLY going to do it

Posted by christianc (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 1, 06 at 22:21

I've been saying for the last 7 months (since my son was born) that I was going to lose the 25 extra pregnancy pounds. Well, I'm finally going to do it. I've had the WW kit for a while now. I stocked up on low points snacks and meals and am going to start being accountable. After last weekend, I'm ready. I'm not comfortable in a swimsuit anymore. My hubby and I have a deal...I work on losing weight and he works on gaining it! :) He's got a 28" waist...maybe. He's one of the thinnest guys I've seen around here...But it makes good of the AirForce Dress uniform ;) So he'll gain what I lose. I'm going to start meetings on Monday nights. I know a couple of other people who do/are going to do WW...One of which is very competitive. She had her son a month before I did and she works with my hubby. So a little competition will do me good. My hubby doesn't get paying someone to tell you to eat better...but I told him that if I pay for it I'll stick with it! :) Good Luck to everyone out there on their diets!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I'm FINALLY going to do it

Congratulations! It feels good to be determined, does'nt it?

Come back and post your progress. You'll get a lot of support here!

Tikanas

o

Good for you Christianc!! I am starting my 14th week of WW's and still loving it. Come join us at the WW's Support thread that we run here weekly :)

o

It does feel good to finally decide to do it! I've started off my morning with a WW blueberry muffin...pretty good, but not the best ever... and a bottle of water. I'll probably have another mini snack before lunch. I've never had to eat low fat or diet anything. Plus I've got to learn portion sizes and I'm cutting soda out...so this is going to take some getting used to! :)

o

WooHoo! I went to the gym yesterday for an hour of cardio. Today I went for 2 hours which included cardio, weights AND an abs class. It felt GOOD! :)

o

Good for you, that all sounds fun and fat burning!!!

o

All the gym going hasn't made anything go yet! I'm trying to figure out what kind of diet I need. I'm thinking I may need something low carb. I think that's my downfall! I absolutely love carbs!

o

Are you doing WW Flex or Core? I found that Core works great for me because it helps break that carb-cycle. You can eat as much as you want --- but only on the core list. So no bread, limited potatoes and pasta.

I have been trying to lose weight on my own for 2 years -- I had dropped 20 lbs and couldn't lose any more. On core for 6 weeks -- I've lost 13 lbs.

You can do it -- talk to your WW leader for some advice and hit the message boards at weightwatchers.com. They will keep you motivated.

Cathy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Diet Club Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here