Return to the Diet Club Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Maybe it IS your thyroid???

Posted by lydia1959 (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 8, 07 at 17:53

I've been struggling to lose weight for about 3 years now - after gaining back 35 pounds I had lost plus more. I've been on at least 10 different diets and just couldn't lose the weight. I've also been to doctor after doctor (endocrinologists, neurologists, ob-gyns, ect.) with the same long list of symptoms, which included the weight gain, fatigue, headaches, severe pms among others. Most of the doctors would run a TSH test which always came back normal, some would just give me a prescription for Prozac and send me on my way. As a last resort I went to one of the Top Thyroid docs (there is a website) and she ran the full panel of thyroid tests. My TSH was still normal, but my thyroid antibodies were way off! Hashimoto's thyroiditis is the most common thyroid disease and won't always show up on your TSH test. If you think you have hypothyroidism INSIST on a thyroid antibodies panel. I imagine I've had this disease for many years and it will take me a while to get back to normal - if I even remember what normal feels like. I may or may not lose the excess weight, but at least I know now there is a reason I have such a hard time losing it.

The link has a list of symptoms.

Here is a link that might be useful: Hypothyroid Symptoms

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Maybe it IS your thyroid???

Thank you so much for that information. At my next check-up I am going to talk to my dr. about this.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Diet Club Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here