o
Daily Support - June 20-26

Posted by DeeMarie5500 (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 20, 05 at 15:14

Hey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Daily Support - June 20-26

So, am I going to talk to myself all week? I can do it, you know. I'm not scared to beat myself up about bad food choices. I can do it, and I will.

o

I was tempted to let you go Dee and see where your conversation took you! LOL

But I stopped by to see what everyone was up to and I didn't want you to get lonely. :~)

I had a busy but fun weekend. DS came home from FL for a visit and I hosted a Father's Day BBQ so everyone could visit with him. It was fun and I have plenty of leftovers, so I don't have to cook for a few days.

While I was cleaning windows last week, one of the panes I was removing got away from me. I hung on for dear life as the window swung out and away. When all was said and done, I didn't let go and the window was saved. Can't say the same for my arms. I have black and blue marks, scrapes and chunks of flesh missing. Not a pretty sight! :~(
But it could have been worse.

Hope everyone who isn't checking in is having fun somewhere!

Marci

o

Marci, I'm glad we didn't lose YOU (we could always replace that window!). Hope you're feeling better; keep plenty of ice on hand for your bruises and your white wine (that helps with the pain) LOL!

My DSDs came early on Father's Day with a bag of bagels and cream cheese. Then we headed out to our annual strawberry-picking outing. We picked 5 baskets (2 qts each!), and we ate another basket or two while picking! DH took some to his mom and to his sister (who was really missing her father, because all her kids went to see their father--her ex). DH took the day in stride, and he's comfortable that he said all he needed to say to his dad. All's well now, but I'll be keeping my eye on him.

Have a great week!

Take care, eat healthy, and NEVER, NEVER GIVE UP!
DeeMarie (who's drinking a fresh strawberry smoothie!)

o
hello? hello? hello? (echo, echo, echo)

Come out, come out, and play with us!!!!

o

Good morning!

Marci! How scary! I am terrified of being cut by glass anyway, and this is the stuff nightmares are made of--hope you are feeling better! (((((((((hugs!!!!))))))

OK, Dee--what do you wanna play? How about bocce? :) Someone in Louisivllle has just opened several regulation-sized courts, and I'm dying to play! I played many years ago, and was really good at it, although, I'd almost hate to see how my 'skills' are now! What's you fav game?

Well, things are the same here--still looking, but optimistic. I'm reading "What color is your parachute", and I recommend it. I've got some new ideas that I'm gonna try--

Father's Day was bittersweet for me--since I've lost them both. We took mom to the annual summer picnic at her church on Sat--had fun! I just love church-picnic fried chicken! I don't know why, but that always tastes the best! :) Rog won an ormental pepper plant at the plant booth, and mom won me a toaster at the houseware booth. I usually try the cake wheel, but nothing was striking my fancy--didn't need it anyway!

Hope all is well!

Hugs,

Maddie

o

Dee - Will a nice White Merlot do? Or DiSaronno on the rocks? That is a good use for ice! LOL Except for one cut on my finger, I am healing ok. I am donating blood today, and I bet they have some comment on my condition!

I am finally upgrading to Windows XP. I have been plugging along with W98 and I am tired of the "blue screen of death" as my DS puts it. A new computer isn't in the budget, so I am having my DBIL upgrade for me. Hopefully it will help.

After I donate blood I am going to my parent's to see if they need any help. My mom fell in the tub and cracked a rib so she isn't moving too swiftly these days. Thank goodness it wasn't a hip.

Have a great day.

Marci

o

Hello, hello...

I feel like I have been away forever. I have to admit Dee, I was thinking it would be a little funny to see how long you would talk to yourself, until Marci did the good deed and rescued you! LOL

DS graduated from Middle School Monday night. It was so sweet. A very nice ceremony. The kids did great and they were so much fun after at the reception held in the cafeteria. Got lots of great pictures of Alex and his friends. Another milestone....so exciting but so sad. This is my baby afterall.

One of my coworkers is retiring so there are two events this week in her honor. My other coworker and I are running both of them. She is very well loved and has dedicated many years to the school system, so lots of people want the opportunity to wish her well.

Only 3 1/2 more days of school. Those snow days were fun last winter, but it is no fun making them up now. We should have been getting out of school today if it weren't for the weather last winter.

Marci, I hope your weekend with your family was a blast. It must have been nice to have DS home. My DS is still saying he is moving to Virginia after he gets married and my heart stops. I hope your Mom is feeling better. Are you enjoying your summer break? I can't wait for mine to get started! Your window story was pretty scary. Glad you are fine. :-)

Maddie, I know what you mean about Fathers Day. My Dad passed away 13 years ago and I still have not turned Fathers Day into a positive. It is still a downer for me. I did watch a video with my Dad in it on Fathers Day, but it didn't make things better or worse. This year I was at DS Lacrosse Jamboree, so that was fun and took my mind off of things. DH brought DFIL to our house for the afternoon and his family came over to visit, so that was a nice day. Still miss my Dad though.

Dee, the strawberry picking sounds fun. What do you do with all of the strawberries? Are you able to eat them all or do you freeze some? Make jam?????????? What??????

Tomorrow is kind of a bummer day for me and DH. We have tickets to go see Jimmy Buffett tomorrow night and can not go. It is supposed to be beautiful weather wise and we have another commitment and can't do it. I am so bummed. Can't even find anyone to give the tickets to. Can you believe that? So I may sit out on my deck later tomorrow night and have a Margarita and play "Cheeseburger In Paradise" and "Southern Cross" and remember all the concerts I've been to.

Got to get to bed. Another early day tomorrow. Have a great night.

Love, Besh

o

Besh, we distributed them to family who wait each year for fresh strawberries! Also, I bring in a huge box of them to the office. We are always complaining about the cakes and candies that find their way here...everyone looks forward to a healthy snack!

I made a smoothie with about 2 cups of fresh strawberries and a scoop of two of vanilla-flavored protein mix...a bit of water, whirl in blender, and viola! I put into a frosted car mug and enjoyed it on the way to work again today. About 2-4 points, depending how big the mug is.....yummers!!!!

o

HI folks,

My friend also went to see Jimmy Buffet, too bad I had to work wed night or I may have been begging for the unused tickets, they are usually hard to come by. My standard joke for his shows is that the music was good but there was no all you can eat buffet ;)

Marci - the new OS will help a lot, the other way to help boost an older PC is by adding RAM, its the type of memory your PC uses the most for short term memory. Ask DS abot it, but the upgrades are cheap and help tons if you have the availible space for them.

Ive been kayaking all over. Hopkington lake, Pawtuckaway, Massabesic, the Contoocook river and today if I have the energy to drive an hour both ways, Hoit marsh. I bought a book called "Quiet Waters" of NH and Vermont. It lists many of the smaller lakes and ponds that dont allow or have a lot of motor boat traffic. My GF is traveling so Im going solo today so figured I would find a nice quiet place to explore.

I got to play golf with my brother who came down from Maine and my Dad on Monday. We were blessed with a perfect day, sunny and mild. It was a lot of fun and one of thoes days you remember forever. I think the best part was seeing how much it meant to my dad to be able to hang out with 2 of his sons. When I was in college me and my dad played golf 3 or 4 times a week and became really good friends, so its nice to get to do that again now and then.

Ive been doing fairly well on the Four Corners Diet, I showed the book to my Mom and she liked it so much she ordered one from amazon. Shes also type 2 diabetic. I havent lost any weight yet, but already notice my blood sugars are much more stable. Eatting lots of veggies is my biggest challange, I dont miss the pasta and rice much, with the exception that its easier to make inexpensive meals around them.

I hope everyone has a great week, and be safe hire a maid that does windows!

John

o

John - Haha - I am the maid! And as of now, I don't do windows! LOL I am tripling my memory, as per DBIL's advice. I have the capacity and he suggested it, so who was I to argue? He said he loved spending someone else's money. I told him if he could find some money to spend other than mine, I would get a whole new computer. LOL But since it was my money, I would stick with the upgrades.
Your kayaking adventures sound wonderful. Glad the GF is still in the picture!

The A/C is fixed in the house. It was just low on coolant, so we are hoping to fuss it along for another year or so before we have to replace it. DH is working on my car today.

Besh - Yes, I am enjoying my vacation!! Taking it one day at a time. Luckily I am not affected by snow days, since we are a private preschool. I feel for you. :~(
When you get a chance, tell us what you are reading (or planning on reading.)

It is absolutely gorgeous here today, so I am going to go exercise and then find something to do outside. My strawberry patch needs weeding and so do my flower beds.

Later,
Marci

o

Good morning!

Marci--that sounds like a fine idea--I think I'll get my behind in gear and go play in the park (actually walking for excercise, but I won't tell my body that; I'll let it think it's playing! LOL!)

I love freah herbs, and I have a clay pot (that holds hen n chicks) that I've started a small garden in. Well, I've already killed my basil, so I bought a curry plant yesterday at the local nursery. It smells just like an Indian curry, and I'm going to do some research to see it the herb is able to be dried and ground up (as opposed to being purely ornamental). I asked when I bought it yesterday, but the teenage cashier didn't know what curry was, so I got the infameous blank-stare.

Well, I got a rejection letter yesterday from an interview that I was on last week. At least I got a letter--most times, you never hear a peep from them again....oh, well. I'm just so happy that the economy is doing so well! (Sorry--touchy subject here.)

Although..... I did stop by a local jewelry school yesterday to inquire about a class that I want to take, and found that it is affordable (even though I don't have it now, I will). Surprise! So, I am keeping that as a goal--kinda like a carrot dangling before my eyes! LOL!!!

Where is KYSusie? Jen? all other MIAs?

hope all is well! :)

Hugs,

Maddie

o

QOD: I read a Stephanie Plum book while on the cruise. I got it from the library on board....High Five? Anywho, I liked it so much (our heroine is from NJ!), that I think I'll order some more from Amazon.

John, so good to see you post. I really missed you when you were gone. I like the fact that we have a man here to keep us from whining too much about SOs. LOL!!!

Hope everyone is out enjoying the summer. We have a nice day here today, but our weekend is supposed to be hot, followed by muggy!

Take care, eat healthy, and NEVER, NEVER GIVE UP!
DeeMarie

o

Just checkin' in. Been a while....

I'll catch up on reading the posts and chime in tomorrow.

Cheers!

o

Dee - I have all the books in the Stephanie Plum series. They are fun and a quick read. The grandmother is a HOOT!
I would like to keep them, but I would be willing to lend them to you. So for the cost of return shipping, you could read them all. Let me know and I will box them up and send them your way.
I am eagerly awaiting the release of her newest one, Eleven on Top. In fact, I think it was released this week.

I am currently reading a rather strange British novel called Don't Point That Thing at Me. I need an English to American translation, if you know what I mean. I almost gave up on it, but it is getting interesting, so I think I will stick with it. Then I am going to close my eyes and pick a book from my TBR pile and surprise myself.

DH and I grilled Ahi Tuna Steaks for dinner. Delicious! I am stuffed so I think I will talk him into taking a walk around the neighborhood to work off dinner.

Later,
Marci

PS - DH fixed the AC in my car! Bring on the hot weather! LOL

o

Marci, I would love to borrow your books! Please e:mail me to discuss, as I was thinking about what I would do with the ones I buy! Trying to simplify my life and get rid of stuff I don't need or will use again. I'll pay for postage both ways!

BJ, good to hear from you. Hope all is well.

I've got to stay off the internet here at this office. I was comfortable when I returned from my time off, but now I'm falling behind because of trying to catch up with everyone!

QOD: What's everyone doing for the weekend? We have no plans at all.

Take care, eat healthy,and NEVER NEVER GIVE UP!!!
DeeMarie

o

It's HOT here!!!!

Got up early to do some yard work. We fired the landscapers, because they just were not worth the $$ we paid. DH said today that he actually enjoys working outdoors. I'm OK with it, as long as DH promises to help!

Tonight we may go out with DSIL and DBIL; think we'll hit a chinese restaurant. Last night DH and I went to Baja Fresh. It was our first time there, and the food was OK. I had the veggie burrito and was shocked to find out (after I got home!) that it was 17 WW points! Had to pull out lots of flex points for that dinner!

Tomorrow is another lazy day for us. Hoping it cools off.

Make it a fun, safe weekend!
DeeMarie

o

Good Sunday morning!

Yep, it's hot here, too, although the humidity isn't as bad as it could be. Today is 94.

We went to the drive in last night and saw the new Batman and Madagascar. I liked them both, but since I did miss some dialogue, I'll definitely watch 'em again when they come to cable. Chris Rock is so funny! :)

We have the AC on, of course, and my 15yo cat has decided that it's much better to lie in the sun and complain that it's hot--pets can be so funny--he's verbal, and we (ahem) "talk" to each other through out the day--Rog just shakes his head. Hey--he's owned me since he was a wee kitten, and we have lots to talk about! LOL! He's my hairball, and of my crew, the last one left--

Dee--17 points, huh? Heck, you could get a chunk o' cheescake for about that, huh?

Everyone check in!

Hugs,

Maddie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Diet Club Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here