Return to the Diet Club Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
SS Support Week of 6/22-6/28

Posted by milkdud_2007 (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 22, 09 at 12:30

It's late Monday morning, and once again I'm starting us off??? Somebody get in here and keep me company!!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: SS Support Week of 6/22-6/28

I'm here [waving] HELLO EVERYONE!

Work is nutso today. I've done little else than fight fires, but I can see the light I think.

This evening is my yoga class here and boy do I need it.

Also started counting WW points (yet again) this morning, as I hated the pix of my from our recent family reunion. UGH! My cousin who is 4 years older than me looks 15 years younger. Gotta fix that pronto!

Make today count!
Dee

o

Good afternoon!

Weight Watchers meeting was a great one. I have to tell you that I lost 4.4 pounds, and have now lost 40.8 pounds since January. I can't even believe it. It just feels so good. I've learned this time around that, for me, exercise is what really makes the difference, especially if I've overindulged (Chicago!) Thank you for letting me share my good news.

Hope it's a happy week for you all.

o

DeeMarie: Those pictures? One word: PHOTOSHOP. I enlist my DD to take 5 or 10 pounds off all my pics before I share them! Someday, it'll be REAL pounds off me, but for now, it's the magic of technology.

Wodka: CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Had to be off the rock today for ortho and dental for the kids. OUCH in the pocketbook!

Then when I was in the ferry line, I got a call from the pre-adopt parents. They asked to stop the process as it would be too painful for them if the adoption does not go through. They said they'd notify the state and asked that we terminate all contact with them from now on. I asked them if they wanted to be notified if the relatives' adoption was disrupted, but they said no, they do not want to contuinue, no matter what. I don't know what changed their minds, because they said they always wanted to be in Baby V's life, no matter what happened. Strange, but I'll never know. I just know that now, it's his relatives or long-term foster care and possibly another adoptive family. Things change in the blink of an eye for these little guys. They are dealt a challenging hand from the beginning. I look at him and wonder what his life will be like. I am filled with love and fear at the same time. I want a magic wand to make everything turn out right.

Well, better get to sleep. I need some shut-eye.

o

Good early morning!

BJ, thank God little Baby V has you in his life. Your love speaks volumes and no matter what happens in his future, you have provided a solid base for him to carry through his life. Whenever you write about him, your words just touch my heart. If everyone could be as good and generous a person as you.

Speaking of children, did anyone watch last night's episode of Jon and Kate Plus 8? I wasn't going to, but curiosity got the best of me. I still fell asleep at the end. Are they going to continue the show? I wish they wouldn't, for the children's sake. I look at their innocent, adorable faces and pray that they aren't scarred by this whole experience, but how could they not be?

Need to get ready to walk before this horrible heat takes over the day. I think we're going on our 20th day or so without rain - "I'm melting!"

Have a wonderful day!

Jan

o

Good afternoon, ladies! It's 'only' 97F. here this afternoon, and not a drop of rain in sight. *sigh*

Jan, congrats on the weight loss! I wish I could get inspired again. I love reading about your successes, but it's not rubbing off yet.

Dee, I'm trying to do WW/Core, but there are so many temptations in my world lately that I find it very tough to do.

BJ, I am so sad about Baby V's pre-adopt parents backing out. I guess they just couldn't take anymore the possibility of not getting him. Luckily for him, he still has you and your loving family to keep him grounded and loved.

I admit to watching "J&K+8' last night. It was very sad to watch. My feelings were all over the place during the show, so I don't know what to think. I'm relieved that TLC is putting the show on hiatus for now. Guess they heard the public's outcry that 'enough's enough" on this train wreck.

Today I'm doing laundry and getting packed to go to my son's home to babysit the little one until Sunday. My oldest DGD is visiting her other grandparents, so it's just Aubrie and me. That little 2-3/4 yr. old can strike terror in me because she's 'active' and daring. At least I've arranged to go work out at Curves there every evening which will be good for me.

I'm taking my computer with me, so I'll be checking in daily. I hope to see lots more people posting this week. Come out, come out, wherever you are, MIA's!

o

Well Good Morning all! I know it has been a while. I have been a little busy with graduations and company. My youngest DS graduated from high school. :-( & :-) It is very bittersweet. I can't believe I have no more children in school. I have been volunteering, fundraising, ect., ect. for the past 20 years! It just seems wierd to me. So anyway, we had a big party the day after graduation and my yard had been neglected for the past couple of years, so we had megawork to do there. DS & DIL were up from VA and my mom was here...so I had a houseful and it was wonderful. So now I am back to normalcy.

Diet wise, I have been doing pretty good. I have been following the basic rules of South Beach, but I still have wine. I have not lost alot of weight, but my clothes feel better and it has been pretty effortless. I am definitely a WW failure. I have gone back so many times and have had the same results, I am just not doing it any more. Congratulations to all of you that have had great success with it though. I am very proud of you!!!!

Not a whole lot is new. I have not been keeping up with everyone regularly, so I am kind of out of the loop as to what has been going on. I hope all is well with everyone.

oxBesh

o

Milkdud - I have to say I had gotten sucked up into that J&K+8 show - those kids are just so darn cute. I know that Kate is overbearing and bossy but I kept wondering how I would deal with that many kids at their ages and I think I would be very overbearing too. You just need things to be as regimented as possible. I know I am in the minority but I think Jon turned out to be selfish and wasn't thinking of anyone but himself. It is disappointing that counseling was never discussed (at least not publicly) sounds like it was easier to bail than to try and make it work. You can tell I really was sucked up in that show LOL. I sound pathetic.

BJ - How sorry I am to hear about the pre-adoptive parents. I know his story is just one of many, but I am also thankful that he ended up with you for the time being. These are very important years for him and I couldn't think of a better person for him to be with.

Jan - You are my HERO! I am so unmotivated to lose weight right now. So keep posting how good it feels because I can relate to that feeling, even though it was a long time ago LOL.

Dee - You look fabulous - so it must have been the photographer's fault!

Besh - congrats on the graduation. It is hard to come to terms with the babies all grown up. What will you do with all that extra time LOL?

I have put all the decorated Adirondack Chairs out and about town so now I can concentrate on our 4th annual sidewalk art show. I have a lot of new young artists wanting to get involved and I am loving it.

Summer has finally arrived here the last couple of days - never thought it would.

ENJOY

o

Happy THURSDAY!

Besh, I sent you an e:mail; hope it gets to you.

OK, my hand is up for the J+K+8 show. This not meant as male-bashing, but John needed coaching when it came to the kids. Let's face it, she changed her tone of voice when she wanted him to listen a different way.....instructive. "John, please watch the boys before they get hurt", etc. I love my husband. He is loyal, kind, loving...everything I've ever wanted in a man; however, I would sound a lot worse than Kate if we had 8 children!!! I feel sorry for the entire family, but she was dealt quite a hand, and I think her critics are very hard on her. I understand her need for organization in that situation, and I tell you I would have had a breakdown!

Raeanne, how is that weather? We have such humidity that my hair looks like Shirley Temple in an Elvis movie (Curls, Curls, Curls). LOL!!!!

I've been counting points and making sure to get some exercise in every day and I'm feeling better about it. No scale yet, but will see how the clothes feel in a week or so.

That's it; I've got another staff member hovering around my door.

TAKE CARE, EAT HEALTHFULLY, AND NEVER NEVER GIVE UP!
DeeMarie

o
A post from Maddie

This was posted on an older thread...just wanted to make sure everyone saw it. Great to see you Maddie!

Posted by maddie_in_ky (My Page) on Thu, Jun 25, 09 at 16:44

Hi all!
Gad--long time, no hear! :) I've missed you all like crazy, and i'm glad to see everyone posting! :)

Beege--my sista! Moving again? I thought you all had just moved--(it's been a while since I've posted (obviously), so maybe my timeframe is waaaay off!)

Dee--I'm trying to get to NYC again this December, so hopefully, we can get together again--:)

Let's see, what's up with me--well, school has got this old, dried-out sponge of a brain of mine working again. I just got my first algebra test back, and got a 97. I think I'm gonna frame it! LOL! Rog is good, as usual, gardening like a dog; and having a blast doing it.

My heart adopted mom has been diagnosed with Alzheimers, and I had to put her in a nursing home in April. This has been so stressful; as her POA, I've had to do it all, and while I do not regret one one second that I've spent helping her, it's my heartfelt prayer that I am doing the right thing. Since her house has a reverse mortage, I am trying to clean it out so the bank can take it over--I've cried for 2 months straight, and then got mad, and cried all over agin. It's like I'm in mourning; and in a way I am.

Anyhoo--enough with me--how is everyone? Does Amy or John still post?

Hope all is well with everyone!

Love and hugs,

Maddie

---------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------

o

Today was a good day, hope it was for everyone.

Started off with a good walk, then worked in the yard, and finally, after at least a month without, we had a nice rain shower! Several of us were out in our yards, and were all so happy to have rain, we kept working! It was rather refreshing. (Now if there had been lightning, I would have gone inside!)

Then our check arrived from the state's Unclaimed Property Division. They update it once a year (in all states, I assume) and I just happened to check last week after a local school teacher received an unexpected windfall of $20,000+. Ours was much less, but still, a nice surprise. It went back to the 1970's, when we were in our first house as a married couple(an insurance refund.) So, it's not a bad idea to check your state's website and see if you've got something due you. You just fill out a form, send one or two forms of ID, and notarize it, and they do the rest.

Then, today we met with an independent insurance agent to see if we could get better rates and coverage for our home and car than what we presently have. As most of you who have experienced disasters such as hurricanes,know, insurance rates are unbelievably high, if you can even get coverage. Ours, before today, because of the windpool factor, even though we are miles away from the beach, totals approximately $9,000 a year. And no, we do not live in a mansion. Today's agent will be able to provide better coverage at a savings of $1500 a year. So, "yea!" Plus, he's on several local committees fighting to get even better discounts for our area, so we feel good in his care.

So, with that, I will close and hope everyone has a lovely weekend.

o

Dee - we had a couple humid days, then beautiful weather and now rain is forecasted as far out as they can forecast YUCK. I am glad that we are in agreement about J&K+ LOL. The saying up here is "if you don't like the weather wait 15 minutes." It changes that quickly.

Maddie - ((((((HUGS)))))) I went through Alzheimer's with my dad so I can relate to how you are feeling and I did go through a mourning period. Thanks for the update.

Jan - those insurance rates are obscene!

I am off to my first Yoga/pilates class in years and I can't wait. Hope everyone has a great weekend.

o

I'm stalled !! What else can I say about my week? GAH!!!

But I had to stop by and tell you all, every single one of you, how proud I am of you. When I come in here, you just inspire me to keep going in spite of my stall. Really, I should have expected it after my ordeal with my silly foot and with hubby fixin my food for me. I am back on track again and I know that the weight will again start sliding off. But I want it NOW !! LOL I still have a long way to go. That plus the fact that I made an eBay purchase that is to absolutely die for !! I got a wonderful beaded jersey blouse. And it is a bit snug, but if I suck in my excess tire, it looks so good on me. But I want it to fit just a tad looser. (Like about 20 lbs.)

The price was so right and I thought sure I would get outbid, but didn't.
Since then, I have been spending some time shopping for smaller sizes on Ebay. And so far, I have picked up some really nice High end stuff that I would never in the world be able to afford. I also got a pair of Silk Tommy Bahama capri pants for $1.25 plus shipping. (Shipping was very reasonable) The capri pants are really gorgeous too. I can hardly wait to wear them. They feel sooooo good on my skin. So, things are really starting to come together and it feels so good to be down 3 sizes. Come on loose size 12 !!

Helen

o
Saturday morning

Ladies,

My dear, sweet, funny FIL died yesterday morning from a massive heart attack as he and Rog was hiking. Rog gave CPR for 30 minutes until help arrived, but it was too late.

He was only 57, and excercised everyday.

Please keep my extended family in your prayers.

o

Oh no Maddie. I am so, so sorry for you and Rog. Please extend my condolences to your family. Some things just don't make sense.

oxoxBesh

o

maddie, I am so sorry for your loss.

o

Good Sunday evening, everyone! I just got back home from 5 days of babysitting my DGBaby and had a quick bite of dinner along with adult conversation!

I love my little granddaughter, but she's an incredibly active and clever little girl at 2-3/4 years old, and I'm exhausted from my stay. It was she and I alone all day yesterday and most of today, and she was into everything. I'm going to sleep so well tonight, and I earned a good night's sleep. LOL

Helen, stalls are a part of my life, so all I can tell you is to try another direction for a day or two and see if that moves along the weight loss.

Maddie, I am so sorry about your FIL. And, how traumatic for Roger to have to try so hard to save him. (((Maddie & Roger)

Raeanne, I'd love to see pics of those Adirondack chairs sometime. I'm sure they're lovely and exciting to see.

Jan, hope you got a better insurance rate the other day. We pay a pretty steep premium now, too, but nothing like my kids over in Beaumont do after being slammed by Hurricane Rita almost 4 year ago and then Ike last year.

Our community is having fireworks tonight over at the golf club about a 1/2 mile from us, so we're hauling out lawn chairs to our driveway and watching from a primo location!

Wishing everyone a good start to their new week!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Diet Club Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here