Follow-Up Postings:

o
scheech!

Alrighty, I can't type.....

Ahem...

"Daily"

o
RE: SS Sadily support, Mon 6/6 to Sun 6/12

OK I'm checking in for my Sadily report. Maddie I know it was a typo, but that is too funny.

I had a great weekend. The weather was spectacular. I got my back deck and screen room all set up and used it Saturday night and then DH and I had breakfast out there Sunday morning. It was the first time this year we have been able to do that. I love being outside!!!! Everything is blooming right now and it is just beautiful. Went for a boat ride yesterday. We sold our boat and DH is restoring one that he bought over the winter and it is not ready to splash yet, so a friend let us borrow his. DH, 2 DS and future DIL and I went out. First time this year and it felt good.

Down another pound and 1/4 at WW making a total of 16.2! I feel really good about it. It is starting to feel effortless which is a good thing for me. I usually start to obsess when I am following any kind of diet plan, but I have not done that this time. I only weigh on meeting day, not 3x daily as I have done in the past. This is a really big step in the positive direction for me.

Raeanne, I have been reading "Open your mind to receive" and I can feel my attitude changing about alot of things. I wish we lived closer because I would love to sit with you over a cup of coffee and discuss it. It is an eye opener. I have had the book for over a year now, but I guess I wasn't ready for what it had to offer. Thanks for the reminder. ;-)

I hope eveyone had a great weekend. I am posting the below email I received from a dear friend. I don't have everyones email so I thought you could all read it here. Sorry John about the title, but it includes you as well.

Girlfriends
I'm only as strong as the cocktails I drink, the hairspray I use, and the girlfriends I have. Here's to you! Why do we only have parties for each other when one of us gets married, pregnant, has a birthday, or retires? What would most of us do without our sisters, confidants, and shopping, lunching and traveling girlfriends? Let's celebrate each other for each other's sake! Pass this on to your girlfriends! If you get this twice or more, you are lucky to have more than one girlfriend. Be happy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~

Someone will always be prettier.

They will always be smarter.

Their house will be bigger.

They will drive a better car.

Their children will do better in school.

And their husband will fix more things around the house.

So let it go,

and love you and your circumstances.

Think about it.

The prettiest woman in the world can have hell in her heart.

And the most highly favored
Woman on your job may be unable to have children.

And the richest woman you know,

she's got the car, the house, the clothes....might be lonely.

And the word says if "I have not Love, I am nothing."

So, again, love you.

Love who you are.

Look in the mirror in the morning and smile and say

"I am too blessed to be stressed and too anointed to be disappointed!"

"Winners make things happen.

Losers let things happen."

Be Blessed ladies and pass this on to encourage another woman.

"To the world you might be one person,

but to one person you just might be the world".
~~~~~~

Have a wonderful day! Make this week a good one!

Love, Besh

o

OK, what does the SS part mean?

o

Checking in briefly.....ALASKA rocks!!! BJ, you are certainly lucky to be able to spend time here. Been to Skagway, Icy Point, Juneau, Ketchican, and now sailing the Inside Passage. We also saw Vancouver and tomorrow we visit Victoria on our way back to San Francisco. Scenery so beautiful it is impossible to describe.

Miss you all....will try to catch up when I return on the 15th (as we are driving back from SF to NYC).

Take care, eat healthy, and NEVER NEVER GIVE UP!
DeeMarie

o

Sad-ily - I have nothing exciting to report! Although I have lost 6 pounds since I started Fitday.com and hope to lose another 4.

Besh - You sound so contented! WTG on the WW. That is how I feel about Fitday. I never used to like to idea of counting calories, but this is working for me. I am very aware of my nutritional needs too, not just the total calories. I just ordered a Glycemic Index book and hope that will help me to continue to choose the right kinds of foods.

The other night I made salmon fillets, tomato/cucumber salad, steamed broccoli and yams (I baked one and split it - don't yams come in small sizes!? - LOL). DH said he felt like he was eating a $50 meal in a restaurant. When I was SSing, I always felt like I was eating something different than the rest of the family. Now I just try to watch my portions and make good choices with an occasional splurge thrown in for good measure!

We did get the spare room painted and I am waiting for DH to get home with the daybed. I bought new window blinds today and I am in the process of looking for curtains. Once the daybed gets here and I see what kind of linens I need for that, I will decide what direction I want to go with accent colors. The walls are sage and I love them. After 25 years, no more blue!!

Maddie - Sorry about the job. There are 3 of us at preschool and we have been together for 12 years. We make a great team. But one girl just put in her resignation. Her youngest (twins) are graduating high school and she just felt it was time to move on. It made me stop and think why I never moved on after my DD went away to college. I came to the conclusion that I didn't have anything that I wanted to move on to. I am happy where I am, even if I am not monetarily rewarded as well as I would be at another job. Hope you continue to follow your heart and that you find your dream job one of these days.

Hi DeeMarie - Nice to see you checking in.

BarnMom - SS was for Somersizing. Once upon a time, we all followed Suzanne Somers eating plan called SS for short. Most of us have moved on, but the bond we formed was strong enough to keep us here.

Gotta go, the daybed is here!!

Marci

o

Yeah--it's amazinbg how you don't catch typos until ya post--

Marci--I had mine last year. Briefly, and I tasted heaven. I'll get there again, someway, somehow. I was just ticked on Friday--I hate being delibrately mislead, but I'd rather find out now than start work with that guy and then get a rude shock. So... onward I look--

Rog and I had such a good time Sat night. One of the small cities that is to our west purchased a barge and has made it into a stage that floats on the Ohio river. 2 local high school groups along w/ some professional groups put on "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolored Dreamcoat" and it was outstanding! (We've seen the Broadway touring production, so we knew the story.) The area where the barge is docked is all grassy and is in different levels, and people brought picnic dinners and spread out. What a wonderful night--the stars were out, the river was glistening, boats were out, and it was a time to remember. And...it was free. They're doing some other plays this summer, and they're doing the stage version of "Grease" next June. (I ***love*** that--seen it twice on tour.) But you know--what fun! It was one of those nights that the planets alighn ,and all is right--:):):)

Hope all is well!

Hugs,

Maddie

Oh yeah--we oughta figure out what the heck a sa-dily is? An ice cream treat? A new dill pickle? LOL!!

Here is a link that might be useful: 3rd paragraph down--the Terraced Lawn

o

Hey Maddie - Did you know that the Ohio River begins at the confluence of the Allegheny and Monongahela rivers at the Point in Pittsburgh, PA? I feel a connection!!!
Your night at The Terrace sounds wonderful.

Sadily - a droopy flower that floats in ponds!!

o

Good afternoon.

Thought I would take a moment and catch up...not to much happening so far this week... I guess it could be looked at as a good thing.

I am reading a book by Margaret Atwood..... Orayx and Crake. Please forgive my spelling.. I left the book at home and I am at work. Very Strange.... SAD. Anyone here read it? I am almost done and it is just now getting interesting. I belong to Big Brothers Big sisters and this is my littles book. I was quite astonished that her parents allowed her to read this book. She is 13 yrs old and I do not feel that this is an appropriate book for that age. She has mentioned a few other books that I am going to check out.....I am wondering if the mother even knows she is reading this stuff.

Anyone see the Six feet under show last night! Yea! its back.

I'll check in later. Take care..... Water....Water...drink it!

o

MagicKitty - I saw 6 Feet Under - I am also glad that it's back. It was the first time DD#2 ever saw it and it was fun to fill her in on all the quirky characters.

DeeMarie - I thought of you this morning as I was on goold old Rt 17 and passin' all those diners LOL. Sounds like you are having a fun-filled time.

Marci - I am glad you have your dream job. I like mine most of the time, but it has it's moments. I often think of what else I would rather be doing, but right now this one suits my needs - close to home, part-time, meet a lot of nice people, most of the time we all get along.

I have always wanted to have a B&B - the notion seems quite romantic to me, but I think that there may be too much work actually involved for me to fall in love with it LOL.

Maddie - I am sorry you didn't get the job, but as we always know, there must've been a good reason - why doesn't that statement ever make much sense at the time?

Besh - I am glad you are getting a lot out of the book - I love it and need to reread it. I have gone through so many copies, I buy one and then give it to someone that needs to read it.

I had a fun time in NYC. We met up with 10 other people at a great restaurant, our 2 DD's met up with us there and then we went to the Art Show, we were there until nearly 10 and the group was heading to a club in the Village, which we took a pass on. We had a long day already and I just couldn't muster the energy.

I need to go to the kennel and pick up my pooch. Will check in tomorrow.

o

Hi Gang,

Not much new going on here. I took a look at Fitday and am going to try to keep it up for a while, its a reality check to see how many calories and what kind I am eatting.

Marci- Thanks for pointing out fitday :) is there any reason you picked up the Glycemic Index book?

I just ordered the Four Corners Diet to check out. One of the authors, Gretchen Becker, also wrote a very helpful book on diabetes type 2 that Ive been reading, so I wanted to see what her input is on diet. Ive actually gained about 8 pounds :( however im not sure if its my diet or one of the new meds im on. Will ask the Dr if I can stop the med for a bit and see. My goal is 1.6 pounds a week to get under 200 pounds before the year end. I havent been that low in 10 years but Im certain I can do it.

Well I hope you all have a nice week, enjoy the sun if you can get it :)

JOhn

o

Hi Guys,

Checkin' in. The b-day party I had last Friday for 50 teens and my 17 y.o. went really well. Amazingly well-behaved group! Then, 2 days ago, hosted 2 retirement parties (combined) and had about 150 people for cake, cookies, and coffee; that went off without a hitch, so I'm super thrilled.....and was exhausted mentally after stressing out about the whole thing!----lol!

Been busy ramping up on a new job, so haven't had a chance to read or post this week.

Lost 1.5 pounds this week and headed toward trying to fit into the swimwear season.

My week has been good. And it's sunny here!

I'll print, read and see what everyone's up to, then post tomorrow.

What's on tap for the weekend, everyone? If I don't get my truck vacummed and the garage cleaned, I'm gonna be disappointed in myself! Oh, and of course, I have my usual mountain of laundry!

o

My, my, it's been so quiet around here... WHAT'S EVERYONE UP TO???

BJ - glad the party was a hit - you are a very brave woman.

QOD - I am going to dinner with my girlfriend tonight, tomorrow I work all day and have no plans for the evening - but will probably be baking or cooking something to bring to Syracuse with me on Sunday. My brother from CA is there visiting my mom and sis, so we are having a little get together, I will be heading back home Monday afternoon.

Nothing new to report here, weather has been hot hazy and humid. I went kayaking yesterday for 1 1/2 hours. Went with a friend to a museum and run errands and then DH and I took the boat over to the island they live on for a lobster dinner - it was delicious, but thunderstorms drove us home early. It is Americade Week here - which translates to 50,000+ motorcycles in our small little corner of the world. I have to go because we are getting another severe storm now.

Here is a link that might be useful: Americade

o

QOD: We had to fly home from San Francisco yesterday. Spent most of today at MILs with priest, etc. Sadly, my DH just called (minutes after I left) to tell me DFIL has passed. Will check in when appropriate. I'm thanking God that DH got to say goodbye...think DFIL was waiting for him, as I have strong beliefs (and first hand knowledge) about these things. Please send some good thoughts to my dear, dear husband and his family.

BJ, wanted to let you know that I fell in love with Victoria, BC. I hope to go back there some day and spend more time investigating the city.

Take care, eat healthy, and NEVER NEVER GIVE UP!!!
DeeMarie

o

(((DeeMarie))) - My condolences to you and your DH. I too have seen instances where a loved one has "hung on" in order to finish something, see an event or just wait for a loved one to arrive. Glad DH made it home in time.

Marci

o

DeeMarie - ((((HUGS)))) May DFIL be at peace and I wish peace for DH, you and the entire family.

o

(((((((((((((DEEMARIE)))))))))))))))

Nice that DH got the chance to see his dad before he traveled on. Keep his voice in your mind and you'll always have something to hang onto. Hugs for your DH.

Take it easy.

Love you.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Diet Club Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here