SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19709659

SUPPORT 16 - 22 June

User
15 years ago

Good morning!

I've been up since before the crack of dawn, waiting for all you sleepy heads to get up and start your day! LOL

I'm down to my lowest weight in 3 years but that can be attributed to a stressful past week. This week my focus is meal planning and healthy eating. It would be great just to hold this weight for a couple of weeks and give my body a chance to recover from the stress. It's all about a healthy lifestyle and not crash dieting for any reason. Last week cost me 5 pounds - I say cost because I had a hard time eating. This morning a slice of wholegrain toast and a wholegrain PBJ half sandwich. I will pick up a yogurt downtown and a milk. I usually bring lots of water to my gardening job.

At the end of the day I begin my session with my mental health doctor (shrink) to try and make sense of what happened last week and how I got there. I've scared myself big time but at least I'm still here to talk about it. I'm moving forward and that's all there is to it.

My garden is growing in leaps and bounds. Trying square foot gardening this year. Will be a bumper crop of tomato, brussel sprout, peas, beans, carrots, parsnip, turnip, beets, onions and everything else I can get my hands on to shove in the dirt! Have to dig out my root cellar book I order from Mother Earth News and start reading ahead. Oh yeah, and I've planted some sweet pepper plants too. Needless to say with all this rain the weeding will be a true labour of love this week. I love gardening.

Are you planning to take care of yourself today? I say plan because planning puts you in the driver's seat. Planning helps you avoid major set backs.

My word for today is 'planning'.

How are you today? What are your plans?

Someone please post QOD and I'll catch up this evening when I report back in!

Let's give're heck today - have some fun, smile at everyone you meet and smile at yourself in the mirror - at least you can check your teeth!

Cheers,

Peggy

Comments (46)

• yankandtex
    15 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Thanks for getting us started Peggy! I hope you have a great day.

I have a long list of things to get done. Food planning is usually left up to Dave. But, I'll see what input I can have. And, I can check my teeth at least. :~] LOL I'd better run.

Have a great week everyone. I'll try to check back later today & say more. Patti

• deemarie5500
    15 years ago

Happy MONDAY!

Monday QOD: Peggy asked us what we've planned for today!

QOD: I've decided to sortof play hooky(sp?) DH's job was cancelled and he's doing little chores (with my direction if course). I'm "working from home" but today was to be rather slow, so I've got the laptop on, but have time for frequent breaks ;-). Soooo unlike me, but what the heck?

Yesterday's QOD: The best advice from my dad (when I turned 18, because he died soon after), was "learn to take care of yourself, so you can help others if they need you". As soon as his daughters graduated, he had us buy our cookware and good china with little monthly coupon books. Also, he asked his insurance man to come by and we bought our own insurance. When we got our drivers' license, he made us change a tire while he watched and check the oil, etc. We learned at 18 that we needed to be self-sufficient. It wasn't until many years later that I found out that he knew he would die soon and wanted us to depend on ourselves and help my mom. He was really special. If you are a parent, never underestimate what you can teach your children.

OK, I will be back; just need to dry my hair and answer some work e:mails.

• Related Discussions

SS Support - Mon. 1/16 thru Sun. 1/22

Q

Comments (49)
    Tikanis, I love that story! BJ, I am very happy for you about the job. Your employer has an eye for a good thing and wants to keep it (you!). I hope that everything will work out the way you want it. Suzanne, the job sounds great. I am happy that it worked out. It is so nice to work close to home. My job is about 10 minutes from me, 15 really because I have to stop at Dunkin Donuts along the way, for coffee only! Do you start this week? Patti, be well. I hope Dave does not catch it. I am on my 2 round of antibiotics right now for a throat thing. It is not sore, just scratchy, but it has been this way since Thanksgiving. :-( Marci, Donna, Milkdud, congratulations on your weight. Milkdud sorry the way it came off, but a loss is a loss right? Donna, are you doing points or Core? I am doing points, but today I am really going to study the Core program and switch over for a week or two and see how it goes. I think I need a new program to shake things up a bit. Dee, thinking of you and hope you are having a great time. And Raeanne, you are off again next week. I am so envious of all you world travelers!!!! I think I need to beef up my "Helpful people and travel" corner! I had a nice night last night. DS and fiance came over and DS #2 was home (rarity) so we cooked dinner and then watched the Transporter 2 and Wedding Crashers. Transporter was so far fetched, but the main character was a pretty cool dude and the Wedding Crashers was a major disapointment. I had heard nothing but great reviews on it and we all thought it did not live up to it. It was still a nice evening. I have to start thinking about a dress for my sons wedding in September. People keep telling me I should be looking now and I am not ready to make a commitment to any one dress right now. I am still losing weight and whatever I chose now, may not be the dress I would choose if I was lighter, even if it had to be altered. Do you think I still have time to wait? I was thinking around June I would get serious about it. Opinions please! Have a great day. It got cold here again. Yesterday it was 60 degrees, today it is about 30. Ahhhh, New England! Love, Besh
    ...See More

SS Daily Support Monday, Feb. 16 - Sunday, Feb. 22, 2009

Q

Comments (26)
    Good Friday evening to everyone! Jan, I'm happy to hear that your nephew is home. I wish him a successful recovery. It sounds like his family is really "there" for him. Keep us updated - and I really mean it! Dee, glad your birthday celebration was so good. Hope you got a lot accomplished working at home today. Hi, Suzanne. Those frozen eyelashes gave me the shivers. Glad to know that your horsey isn't as cold as I thought. Donna, I'm not officially attending WW meetings right now, but I am doing the WW Core plan that was good for me this time last year. Hubby is used to it, and the soups and stews are perfect for this time of the year, even here in humid SE Texas! QOD: Saturday - work out; hopefully go to my friend's for lunch and to pick up a cabinet that she was going to throw away (it will hold lots of stuff!); then clean house and go to dinner with some of our friends, then back here to play Canasta. Sunday - Sunday school and church, then over to my friend's house to do a mailing for the service sorority. OMGosh, I almost forgot the best news: Larry had chemo, and as of today, his dr. is cautiously hopeful that the tumors are already breaking down (based on blood tests of some kind). He's feeling a little better and stronger now and isn't in so much pain. Thank you so much for your good thoughts and prayers for him. His wife sounded cautiously tickled pink in her voice mail today! Dinner tonight will be a surprise that hubby is bringing home!
    ...See More

Daily Support: Mon June 21st - Sunday June 27th

Q

Comments (18)
    Hi. Raeanne, thanks for checking on me. We just got back from vacationing with friends in Chicago. I have spent the last couple of weeks preparing for the trip, then being on the trip, then having company until Sunday. Won't bore you with any details, but absolutely loved Chicago. When we arrived we were just in time for the Blackhawks (hockey) parade/celebration. Then caught a game at Wrigley Field (Cubs/White Sox.) Us "girls" caught the matinee of "Billy Elliott" at The Oriental Theater - which was pretty awesome. Ate at wonderful restaurants, drank too much wine, etc. - so am not weighing in until next week - ha! We walked every morning we were there - such beautiful flowers and parks! Of course, shopped until literally dropping. It was so nice to get away from the real world. We did not watch tv or the news at all while we were away. I'm trying to keep depression at bay, because living here on the Mississippi Gulf Coast, which has not recovered from Katrina yet, and to have this oil spill happening. I read today where a boat captain in nearby Gulf Shores, Alabama, had committed suicide. Since his business had suffered, he had been hired by BP to use his boat in the cleanup efforts. I don't believe in suicide, but to go from something you love to doing something so depressing has to take its toll. I pray that an answer is found soon - I can't believe it's taking so long to fix. Perhaps maybe I should have waited longer before posting again. I will catch up on everyone's posts soon, but have to congratulate Maddie on scoring such excellent grades! I'm off to the grocery store for some much-needed groceries. Besh, I no longer "officially" do weight watchers, since our location closed down, but am trying to adhere to its basic plan. I did splurge and eat way too much red meat in Chicago and my stomach is still calming down from that! Hope today is a good one for everyone.
    ...See More

WW's Support Monday10/16~~~Sunday10/22

Q

Comments (10)
    Well morning LL...I was missing you and wondering if you left town...I understand the quote above and I tell ya...I'm so tired of the "fat chick shirts" you know the big shirts you wear to cover your bulk....I'll slip this one in here...I weighed 146.8 this morning.....that's good...down again...I haven't been 146 in ages...so it's a good thing...I ate good yesterday even though it included a hamburger...or part of one....We ate out and I made it fit into my points but..I shouldn't be eating it because of the cholesterol thing.... Going to have my eyes checked today for cataracts or any disease and hope to get to the gym after but if not (will I be too tired? ) I'll work out at home....I am enjoying the workouts and I know when I am working out, I lose weight...it's as simple as that...then...I have lots of yard work I hope to get done in the next few days, that should help some too...I read ages ago (years?) that my ideal weight should be 115 to 138...and that 138 always seemed so hard to reach and yesterday I was reading somewhere that the range was up to 148...gotta check that again and see...I know that I could live with myself at the weight I am now because I've lost 25 pounds but I would still have some belly that I'd like to get rid of.... Hope everyone is finding that weight loss niche and enjoying it....one thing I have learned with all this is that I hate that feeling of being so overstuffed that you get when you overeat.....I hope all those days are behind me....I love the feeling of getting up from the table ...perfectly satisfied...as MS says....It's a good thing....Have a great day all...
    ...See More
  • wodka
    15 years ago

Goodness, y'all are up early this a.m.! I am still in pajamas, barely sipped my first cup of coffee, and kissed my husband as he left for work.

Last night was my first test of emotional eating. We had to attend a neighborhood meeting about a new addition being proposed by the developer that most are not happy about. We're so new here, we thought we'd go check it out. Of course, we didn't know a soul, and only a handful were cordial. Just awkward, I guess. We came home and it was already 8 pm, so I fixed us a salad. But I was still all worked up from the meeting, even after we had gone to bed, and got up and grabbed a chocolate chip granola bar. At least I didn't eat or drink anything at the meeting, but to get out of bed to go eat? That's not good.

Deemarie, your father sounds like a very special man. What a wonderful gift to give you - preparing you and your siblings for life without him.

Peggy, sounds like you are off to a terrific week! Your garden sounds delicious!

QOD: I plan to watch Tiger Woods and Mediate in the play off today. I like both of them, so will be happy with either one winning. Also, regular stuff - cleaning house, etc.

Hope everybody has a great day.

Jan

• nhsuzanne
    15 years ago

Good Monday,

Peg, thanks for getting us started! Your garden does sound lovely. I have planted my first ever vegetable garden and I am very excited about it.

Jan, you have to get up really early to beat me! My alarm goes off at 4:00 am each weekday morning and I am in the saddle no later than 5:15-5:30. I love this time of day in the summer. I am definitely a morning person.

Dee, I would love to work from home a couple days a week!! Of course, I would probably be out playing with the animals!

Patti, I can't wait to see your Patti Original! Happy 50th Dave!!

QOD: Working on resource documents for a Feasibility study we are doing in Switzerland later this month for a client. Interesting stuff.

• nhsuzanne
    15 years ago

Welcome to the new edition of getting to know your friends 2008.

Got this this morning thought it would be fun to share here.

1. Where do you work? John Brown Limited
    2. What color socks are you wearing right now? none
    3. What are you listening to right now? Howard Stern
    4. What was the last thing that you ate? Dinner last night - spaghetti
    5. Can you drive a stick shift? Yes
    6. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? Periwinkle or Cerulean Blue
    7. Last person you spoke to on the phone? Joseph
    8. Do you like the person who sent this to you? Yes, I love her.
    9. How old are you today? 52
    10 Favorite drink? Red wine
    11. What is your favorite sport to watch? I hate sports but I love equestrian sports and there isn't much of that on TV to watch.
    12. Have you ever dyed your hair? Yes
    13. Pets? 2 horses, 2 donkeys, 2 pygmy goats, 2 cats, 15 chickens ( the Ark is under construction)
    14. Favorite food? Lobster
    15. What was the last movie you watched? The Other Boleyn Girl
    16. Favorite day of the year? I have many favorite days in a year.
    17. What do you do to vent anger? Talk
    18. What was your favorite toy as a child? Animals, we always had plenty but never any horses which made me feel sad and deprived. (sniff, sniff)
    19. What is your favorite, fall or spring? Definitely Spring.
    20. Hugs or kisses? both
    21. Cherries or blueberries? Blueberries
    22. Do you want your friends to email you back? Yes
    23. Who is most likely to respond? Amy
    24. Who is least likely to respond? Lynn J
    25. Living arrangement? Mark, cats
    26. When was the last time you cried? I cry often but not always because I am sad but the lyrics of a song or something beautiful
    27. What is on the floor of your closet? Shoes

1. Who is the friend you have had the longest relationship that you are sending this to?
      29. What did you do last night? Made cupcakes and tried to create something new with them and they were a total failure! Then I watched the Other Boleyn Girl.
      30. Favorite smells? Horses, peonies, lilacs, lavender, I could go on and on.
      32. What are you afraid of? Rats
      33. Plain, cheese or spicy hamburgers? Cheese
      34. Favorite dog breed? Labrador retrievers and Standard Poodles
      35. Number of keys on your key ring? 2
      36. How many years at your current job? 3
      37. Favorite day of the week? Saturday
      38. How many states/counties have you lived in? 4
      39. Favorite vacation? Camping with the horses
      40. Have you driven a motorcycle or heavy machinery? Yes, motorcycle (mine is beginning to look very attractive with price of gas!), tractors, cranes and tractor trailer.
      41. Your middle name? Suzanne
  • wodka
    15 years ago

1. Where do you work? Homemaker
    2. What color socks are you wearing? None
    3. What are you listening to right now? Quiet
    4. What was the last thing you ate? Sunbelt Chocolate Chip Granola Bar.
    5. Can you drive a stick shift? No
    6. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? Sienna
    7. Last person you spoke to on the phone? My mom
    8. Do you like the person who sent this to you? Yes!
    9. How old are you today? 57
    10. Favorite Drink? Le Crema Chardonnay
    11. What is your favorite sport to watch? Today it's golf - Tiger! Other days it's tennis or football.
    12. Have you ever dyed your hair? (Have I ever NOT? ha.)
    13. Pets - none, unless you count the rabbits that visit us on a regular basis.
    14. Favorite food? Shrimp
    15. What was the last movie you watched? "Hairspray"
    16. Favorite day of the year? Every day.
    17. What do you do to vent anger? Used to I would eat, now I take a walk, a nice bath, talk it out.
    18. What was your favorite toy as a child? Dolls
    19. What is your favorite, fall or spring? Fall, it tends to last longer than Spring down here.
    20. Hugs or kisses? Both
    21. Cherries or blueberries? Cherries
    22. Do you want your friends to e-mail you back? Yes.
    23. Who is most likely to respond? Not sure.
    24. Who is least likely to respond? Not sure.
    25. Living arrangement? Husband
    26. When was the last time you cried? A few weeks ago, telling an old friend about my father dying.
    27. What is on the floor of your closet? Mostly shoes.
    28. Who is the friend you have had the longest relationship that you are sending this to? Haven't been here long enough to answer this one.
    29. What did you do last night? Attended a neighborhood meeting.
    30. Favorite smells? Magnolias, gardenias, roses
    31. ?
    32. What are you afraid of? Rats, snakes
    33. Plain, cheese or spicy hamburgers? Cheeseburgers
    34. Favorite dog breed? Golden retriever
    35. Number of keys on your key ring? Too many
    36. How many years at your current job? N/A
    37. Favorite day of the week? Friday nights
    38. How many states/counties have you lived in? 4
    39. Favorite vacation? Mountains
    40. Have you driven a motorcycle or heavy machinery? No
    41. Your middle name? Janelle

• marci_pa
    15 years ago

1. Where do you work? Bright Beginnings Preschool
    3. What are you listening to right now? Coldplay
    4. What was the last thing that you ate? Shredded Wheat
    6. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? Sienna
    7. Last person you spoke to on the phone? Betty
    9. How old are you today? 55
    10 Favorite drink? Hills Bros. FV cappuccino
    11. What is your favorite sport to watch? Steelers football
    12. Have you ever dyed your hair? No
    13. Pets? No
    14. Favorite food? Spinach strawberry salad
    15. What was the last movie you watched? P.S. I Love You
    16. Favorite day of the year? Christmas Eve
    17. What do you do to vent anger? Yell
    18. What was your favorite toy as a child? Barbie dolls and doll furniture
    19. What is your favorite, fall or spring? Spring!!
    20. Hugs or kisses? Hugs
    22. Do you want your friends to email you back?
    23. Who is most likely to respond?
    24. Who is least likely to respond?
    25. Living arrangement? DH
    26. When was the last time you cried? I cry at sappy movies, so I cried during P.S. I Love You
    27. What is on the floor of your closet? Shoes, shoes and more shoes!
    28. Who is the friend you have had the longest relationship that you are sending this to?
    29. What did you do last night? Cleaned up after company left and finished a book.
    30. Favorite smells? Vanilla, hamburgers on the grill, newly washed hair, the ocean.
    32. What are you afraid of? Large spiders!
    33. Plain, cheese or spicy hamburgers? Cheese and all the fixings.
    34. Favorite dog breed? I have never owned a dog (allergies), so no opinion here
    35. Number of keys on your key ring? 7
    36. How many years at your current job? 16
    38. How many states/counties have you lived in? 1 state, 3 counties
    39. Favorite vacation? Cruise with my whole family for my parents 50th wedding anniversary.
    40. Have you driven a motorcycle or heavy machinery? No.
    41. Your middle name? Lea

• milkdud_2007
    15 years ago

Good Monday morning! I can hardly believe that June is halfway over already. Is time flying for anyone else, or is it just me getting old?

I had a great time in Beaumont with the DGDs. The little one is talking up a storm, and I could understand about 25% of it!!! LOL My almost-9-yr.old is still a delight to hang out with, and we did our fair share of that shopping on Saturday, just the two of us. I feel so blessed to have such precious-to-me little ones to enrich my life.

My eating wasn't great this weekend, but I'm home again and in charge of myself, so I'll be okay.

McPeg, I hope your visit with the doc this afternoon is a good first step toward mental happiness!

Wodka, I've done that, too - the nocturnal munching. It's rough on the weight loss, but sometimes, you just need to do it or you can't relax and fall asleep.

Patti, tell more about this scrapping convention. And show us what you've already made! I'm really interested in hearing about it.

Raeanne, I'm sorry that you've been so busy. I love hearing about your life. You'll be interested to know (maybe!) that I finally found all my supplies for this week's craft class at the community center, so I'm finally going to test my artistic talents! :) This weeks' craft will be painting a pre-cut wooden heart, hopefully a no-brainer! It should go well, even for this stick figure artist!

It's wonderful to read last week's thread and see Marci, Amylynne, and BJ posting! It's never the same without all the regulars here!

Dee, hope you're enjoying your work at home day.

QOD: I'm going to go workout when I finish this post, then pick up a few groceries for the next couple of days. Back to very healthy eating, so I need to restock! My WW meeting is tonight, and the weighin probably won't be good after my indulgences of the past 2 days, but I refuse to let that rule me for today.

Now for Suzanne's questionnaire:

1. Where do you work? I don't, unless playing and shopping on the computer counts, and then I'm sitting in my recliner.
    2. What color socks are you wearing right now? white low-tops for working out
    3. What are you listening to right now? The View
    4. What was the last thing that you ate? Dinner last night - tangy chicken stir-fry
    6. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? just plain old red
    7. Last person you spoke to on the phone? hubby
    8. Do you like the person who sent this to you? Yes, she's such a sweetheart!
    9. How old are you today? 60
    10 Favorite drink? Diet Dr. Pepper
    11. What is your favorite sport to watch? I hate sports.
    13. Pets? 1 dog - Lucky
    14. Favorite food? Pepperoni pizza (haven't had any in over 4 months though)
    15. What was the last movie you watched? RV in HD with granddaughters Saturday night
    16. Favorite day of the year? Any day when I wake up!
    17. What do you do to vent anger? Talk
    18. What was your favorite toy as a child? Bozo the clown doll (I still have it.)
    19. What is your favorite, fall or spring? Fall - love the change of colors and temps
    20. Hugs or kisses? both
    21. Cherries or blueberries? cherries
    22. Do you want your friends to email you back? Yes
    23. Who is most likely to respond? Patti
    24. Who is least likely to respond? my sister
    25. Living arrangement? hubby and dog
    26. When was the last time you cried? This is going to make many eyes roll, but when I watched the end of "Gene Simmons Roast" last night, and he was given a flag that had flown in Iraq. He was so touched that he cried, everybody there then cried, and I did, too.
    27. What is on the floor of your closet? luggage
    28. Who is the friend you have had the longest relationship that you are sending this to? N/A
    29. What did you do last night? Relaxed and watched the Tony awards show.
    30. Favorite smells? bread baking, my granddaughters fresh from their baths and shampoos, suntan lotion (the coconut smell!)
    32. What are you afraid of? lots of nature's bounty that shouldn't be hanging out where I am
    33. Plain, cheese or spicy hamburgers? spicy (with cheese, of course!)
    34. Favorite dog breed? Labs and Yorkies
    35. Number of keys on your key ring? 6
    36. How many years at your current job? 1 (idle since May of '07)
    38. How many states/counties have you lived in? 3 states, 5 counties
    39. Favorite vacation? a cruise
    40. Have you driven a motorcycle or heavy machinery? No
    41. Your middle name? Ann

Okay, that was fun! Thanks, Suzanne!

Gotta go work out now. I've procrastinated as long as I can. Have a great day, everyone! And, happy birthday late to Dave!!!

• deemarie5500
    15 years ago

1. Where do you work? a top pharma company
    3. What are you listening to right now? the hum of my laptop
    4. What was the last thing that you ate? sliced, cold, crisp red delicious apple
    5. Can you drive a stick shift? nope
    6. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? sky blue
    7. Last person you spoke to on the phone? Joyce
    9. How old are you today? 57
    10 Favorite drink? filtered water
    11. What is your favorite sport to watch? JETS football!!
    12. Have you ever dyed your hair? yes and highlighted too
    13. Pets? No, no, no
    14. Favorite food? NY pizza
    15. What was the last movie you watched? Knocked Up
    16. Favorite day of the year? Thanksgiving
    17. What do you do to vent anger? Yell
    18. What was your favorite toy as a child? pretend makeup/manicure kit
    20. Hugs or kisses? Hugs
    26. When was the last time you cried? during a very serious discussion with DH about my brother
    28. Who is the friend you have had the longest relationship that you are sending this to?
    29. What did you do last night? got into bed to watch Next Food Network Star after we got home from Father's Day BBQ
    30. Favorite smells? French Vanilla custard,
    32. What are you afraid of? animals and bugs
    33. Plain, cheese or spicy hamburgers? Veggie Burger!
    34. Favorite dog breed? n/a
    35. Number of keys on your key ring? 7
    36. How many years at your current job? so many that no one would believe me
    38. How many states/counties have you lived in? 1 state, 1 county, (childhood home, single gal apartment, single gal condo, house with hubby)
    39. Favorite vacation? Cruise to anywhere or nowhere
    40. Have you driven a motorcycle or heavy machinery? No.
    41. Your middle name? Marie

• yankandtex
    15 years ago

Milkdud~I'll have to have Dave take pics then E-mail to NH Suzanne & ask her to post since I'm not savvy on that but I really want the input. It is a Creating Keepsakes convention. Starts on Thursday & ends Saturday night with a crop. I think Dave has been saying 180 vendors will be there. I signed up for 5 classes plus the crops on Thurs, Fri, & Sat night. We'll see. This is something new & scary for me.

1. Where do you work? I don't
    2. What color socks are you wearing right now? None
    3. What are you listening to right now? The hum of the ceiling fan
    4. What was the last thing that you ate? Bar-b-q ribs
    6. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? teal or turquoise or aquamarine
    7. Last person you spoke to on the phone? My Mom
    8. Do you like the person who sent this to you?
    9. How old are you today? 50
    10. Favorite drink? Diet Cherry Chocolate Dr. Pepper
    11. What is your favorite sport to watch? Football, basketball, baseball...I don't know--what's on?? LOL
    13. Pets? Deer, wild turkey, rabbits, raccoons...
    14. Favorite food? Partial to good lobster
    15. What was the last movie you watched? I think it was PS I Love You
    16. Favorite day of the year? Don't know if I have a fave
    17. What do you do to vent anger? I usually get mad for 2 seconds & I'm over it
    18. What was your favorite toy as a child? Swingset, bicycle
    19. What is your favorite, fall or spring? Spring--I love the newness of it
    20. Hugs or kisses? Both
    21. Cherries or blueberries? Cherries I guess
    26. When was the last time you cried? Last night I caught whatever the show is with Ty Pennington--is that his name? The littlest boy was disabled & their house was literally falling apart at the seams. The parents didn't take a vacation but went to do charity work while their house was being rebuilt. I was so moved.
    27. What is on the floor of your closet? Junk
    29. What did you do last night? Caught that show, did DGS#2's scrapbook for his b'day, caught the end of the basketball game, read my book
    30. Favorite smells? Lilac, baby powder, cinnamon, fresh mountain air, the air after a rain...
    31. There is no 31!!
    32. What are you afraid of? Snakes, seriously
    33. Plain, cheese or spicy hamburgers? plain or jalapeno
    34. Favorite dog breed? Do I have to pick just one??
    35. Number of keys on your key ring? Wow & I never even use any of them
    36. How many years at your current job? Since 1996
    37. Favorite day of the week? For some reason it is still Saturday
    38. How many states/counties have you lived in? 2 states/8 counties (I think that is right)
    39. Favorite vacation? Right now it is either going to TX to see family or NM/CO to the mountains
    40. Have you driven a motorcycle or heavy machinery? Yes, I still have a motorcycle license & I drove the 2 ton truck for the USPS
    41. Your middle name? Elizabeth

Dave is sleeping but when he wakes up we'll see about some pics! In the meantime, have a great day. Patti ;-)

• nhsuzanne
    15 years ago

Patti asked me to post these photos:

{{gwi:1502231}}

{{gwi:1502232}}

• deemarie5500
    15 years ago

Absolutely adorable!

• aka_raeanne
    15 years ago

McPeg - thanks for getting us started. I hope your therapist is able to help you sort things out - glad you are going.

Wodka - My DDs office abutts Torrey Pines and she got a great photo of Tiger at the 11th green.

Patti - WOW they are soooo cute.

Milkdud - Have fun with the crafts and don't put any pressure on yourself.

Dee - glad you didn't have to go into the office today. Take it easy on DH though LOL.

1. Where do you work? Real Estate office
    2. What color socks are you wearing right now? barefooted
    3. What are you listening to right now? my iPod - The Cure - Friday I'm In Love (I think that's the name).
    4. What was the last thing that you ate? leftover shrimp cocktail
    5. Can you drive a stick shift? yes
    6. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? Today - Teal
    7. Last person you spoke to on the phone? a good friend
    8. Do you like the person who sent this to you? Love her!
    9. How old are you today? 54
    10 Favorite drink? Well water or red wine
    11. What is your favorite sport to watch? Not a sports person, but I do enjoy the Olympics
    12. Have you ever dyed your hair? yes and highlighted too
    13. Pets? Dog
    14. Favorite food? illegal - NYC Pizza, legal - shrimp
    15. What was the last movie you watched? Made To Honor
    16. Favorite day of the year? Holiday - Thanksgiving or anyday I can float around the lake
    17. What do you do to vent anger? take a brisk walk when I can.
    18. What was your favorite toy as a child? matchbox cars
    19. What is your favorite, fall or spring? I love both
    20. Hugs or kisses? Hugs
    26. When was the last time you cried? when I was watching Meet the Press yesterday
    27. What is on the floor of your closet? Shoes and a couple things that missed the hamper LOL - I'm honest
    29. What did you do last night? Enjoyed a Baileys after a wonderful lobster picnic on an island to celebrate Father's Day.
    30. Favorite smells? Lavendar, apple pie, cookies in the oven
    32. What are you afraid of? not doing all the things on my life list.
    33. Plain, cheese or spicy hamburgers? anti-burger here - I don't eat ground or processed meats - I know I'm a freak.
    34. Favorite dog breed? mutt
    35. Number of keys on your key ring? 4
    36. How many years at your current job? 16
    37. Favorite day of the week? Tuesday because I go to my art class, otherwise Sunday because I am off from work.
    38. How many states/counties have you lived in? always been a NY gal, but have lived in 3 counties
    39. Favorite vacation? Harbour Island in the Bahamas
    40. Have you driven a motorcycle or heavy machinery? DH used to have a motorcycle, I was always a passenger. No heavy equipment here, but I think I might enjoy a little dirt mover to play around in.
    41. Your middle name? Rae

• besh
    15 years ago

Hey, this is fun. I've been enjoying everyone's answers!

1. Where do you work? Ob/Gyn Practice
    3. What are you listening to right now? quiet
    4. What was the last thing that you ate? Fiber One bar
    5. Can you drive a stick shift? yes
    6. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? orange
    7. Last person you spoke to on the phone? a patient
    9. How old are you today? 50
    10 Favorite drink? Water, wine, ice coffee
    11. What is your favorite sport to watch? Anything DS is playing; Patriots, Red Sox & Celtics
    12. Have you ever dyed your hair? every 5 weeks!
    13. Pets? Dog, cat
    14. Favorite food? steak, lobster, cheesecake, oranges
    15. What was the last movie you watched? Enchanted
    16. Favorite day of the year? Any time I am spending w/family & friends
    17. What do you do to vent anger? clean
    18. What was your favorite toy as a child? Stuffed Dog named Doggie
    20. Hugs or kisses? Hugs
    25. Living arrangement? DH, DS and pets
    26. When was the last time you cried? I get teary eyed, but I can't remember the last good cry
    29. What did you do last night? Watched Enchanted and then the Celtics
    30. Favorite smells? cinnamon; DH wearing Obsession; babies;
    32. What are you afraid of? car accidents
    33. Plain, cheese or spicy hamburgers? cheese and onions
    34. Favorite dog breed? I like mutts; Zoe is beagle and yellow lab
    35. Number of keys on your key ring? 2
    36. How many years at your current job? 5 months
    37. Favorite day of the week? Saturday and Sunday.
    38. How many states/counties have you lived in? 1
    39. Favorite vacation? Martha's Vineyard; Virginia; Disney World
    40. Have you driven a motorcycle or heavy machinery? Ride on lawn mower!
    41. Your middle name? Don't have one

oxBesh

• jen823
    15 years ago

Good Morning Everyone!

1. Where do you work? Insurance Office
    3. What are you listening to right now? The sound of a chisel breaking of concrete!
    4. What was the last thing that you ate? omelet
    5. Can you drive a stick shift? yes, barely
    6. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? purple
    7. Last person you spoke to on the phone? a coworker who was fixing my omelet!
    9. How old are you today? 36
    10 Favorite drink? diet coke
    11. What is your favorite sport to watch? Nascar
    12. Have you ever dyed your hair? every 7 weeks!
    13. Pets? 2 Dogs
    14. Favorite food? Peanut Butter, shrimp, tacos
    15. What was the last movie you watched? Madagascar
    16. Favorite day of the year? Christmas
    17. What do you do to vent anger? Clean & Gripe
    18. What was your favorite toy as a child? Curious George Stuffed Animal
    20. Hugs or kisses? Hugs
    25. Living arrangement? DH, 2 DD
    26. When was the last time you cried? Daily occurance, In a good way that is.
    29. What did you do last night? Sat outside in a lawn chair and read my Bible.
    30. Favorite smells? cinnamon; Men's Polo
    32. What are you afraid of? Having a child get really sick
    33. Plain, cheese or spicy hamburgers? cheese, pickles, and onions
    34. Favorite dog breed? Saint Bernard
    35. Number of keys on your key ring? 8
    36. How many years at your current job? 16 years
    37. Favorite day of the week? Saturday and Sunday.
    38. How many states/counties have you lived in? 1
    39. Favorite vacation? Blackwater Falls West Virginia
    40. Have you driven a motorcycle or heavy machinery? Does a 4 wheeler count?
    41. Your middle name? ??? I'll never tell

• User
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Good news yesterday - I don't need to go to the hospital to see the shrink. He thinks I'm very level headed and is referring me to someone to talk to. The great thing is it's covered under our provincial medical insurance. Alcohol plus knowing inside my Mom's time was coming fast (she knew and kept telling all of us the last 3 weeks) just kept building and building inside me. I think if I didn't tell the doctor I wanted someone to talk to I may not be seeing anyone. Inside I feel like a lot of things are now resolved/ended with my Mother's passing. I'm not worried anymore about her falling, the stress of my relationship with my sister when I went to visit. All of that has disappeared now. I don't even feel like crying over my Mom because I truly feel she is finally pain free and with my Dad and her family. I kept holding her hands and kissed her forehead at the funeral - I said my goodbye and shed my tears there. She looked at peace all over her face. No pain, no sadness. I just feel relieved. As for my sister, I am trying to help with the estate and hopefully do the running around to offices when needed since I work part time. We both want to get through the administration of the estate without problem and I keep telling her I am here to help and will follow her lead. I don't want to fight anymore.

So, I am looking forward to moving into a new phase of my life with Dave. It seems we may put off building in the country because the next phase of the contract will go for another 18 months. At this salary level it would be retarded not to wait since it will make a major difference in our financial goals.

I'm blabbing today. Plan to finish sewing my new curtains for the living room. I have to put the rings in the top (giant eyelets) and straight sew the sides. Eventually I'll get back to the fabric store to pick up the lining fabric. I'm thinking of attaching the backing with super large stitching so I can just pull it off when I want to wash the curtains. I prefer two pieces for washing and ironing afterwards.

Weather permitting today, I need to removed the chicken coop wire from the top of my veggie garden and start major weeding and think of staking those tomato plants. With all of the rain the stuff is taking off. There is still about 6 wheel barrels of dirt to move off the front lawn and a lot more garden in the back to weed but there is no rush for that. In good time.

At any rate, I have things to do today. Finally hungry again. Going to raid my stash to see if I can plan ahead some single serving sized foods for the fridge. I know I dropped a few pounds last week, I don't want them to come back and I want to make sure I'm eating properly. Think I will go to the store and get more fruit today as well.

Forgive my rambling - thinking out loud. I'm so glad to be here among friends.

Jan, don't sweat having a snack in the night. You've done a fantastic job so far. Sometimes you just have to do it - that's it, that's all. Let it go. I believe you are on the right path now and I'm cheering for you!

Milkdud I can relate to having an off week - it's part of my maintenance sometimes - when you get that out of your system and return to your healthier eating habits you may need to play catch up and recover but you keep returning. Coming back is the main thing and not giving up. Geez, we're only human after all.

Yankandtex your convention sounds like a hoot. I'm not into scrapbooking but any creative outlet is fun. You may not know anyone in your classes but just having photos to play with is a great opportunity to meet others. Who doesn't want to tell their story about a photo? Being around folk with the same interest is sure to spark fun conversations and a few laughs. Enjoy the event.

I will catch up on the questionnaire later and read the responses then. Great to see everyone today.

Make today a great day! I learned in the military from an incredible man (he was a very senior officer) the power of a smile. He stood infront of a crowd of us at a major training event. Saying absolutely nothing for a few moments he slowly scanned the crowd with a huge grin. As he turned from side to side a wave of smiles came back to him. Nothing was said other than a smile. So smile today - it speaks volumes.

LOL to all,
    Peggy

• wodka
    15 years ago

Peggy,

You sound so good! It's going to be a great day for you. You are handling everything so well, especially losing your mom. When you see your loved ones finally at peace, it gives you peace, as well. What a gift to leave us with. Toward the end, when we were in my dad's hospice room, he cheerfully announced that he was going "home" on Saturday, talked about an Irish priest coming to visit (his priest was Vietnamese, not Irish.) Would you believe when we called for a priest to give him last rites, the Vietnamese priest was out of town, and they sent Father Flannery, as Irish as they come. And Daddy did go home on that Saturday, with all of his children at his bedside, and gazing into Mama's eyes, who was telling him it was okay to go. When my time comes, that's exactly the way I'd like to go.

Thanks for the encouragement re: my eating habits. I feel like I'm on the right path. After I ate that stupid granola bar, the difference between now and the past is, that after I looked at the nutrition panel, I told myself, well, that's the last one I eat. It really wasn't worth it. I didn't beat myself up, just educated myself on the value or lack of, of this particular snack. I could have eaten something a lot tastier than that for those calories!

I've made friends with my new neighbor and we are trying to walk during the week as much as we can. She's not nearly as big as I am, and also younger, but very excited about walking, and so far, I'm keeping up with her. (I sweat like a horse, though!)

I am smiling with you today.....take care!

Jan

• deemarie5500
    15 years ago

Happy TUESDAY!

Smiling with Peg & Jan!

Jen, it was good to see your answers. Hope everyone is OK this week. Looking forward to seeing you post more often.

Need to take care of lots of stuff here at the office, so I need to sign off for now.

TAKE CARE, EAT HEALTHFULLY, AND NEVER NEVER GIVE UP!
    DeeMarie

• aka_raeanne
    15 years ago

McPeg - sounds like you are are on the road to finding your inner peace. I am happy for you and moving into a new phase. My story is similar to Jan's. I believe many people felt I was very cold when my mother passed because I didn't shed a lot of tears. She was in and out of the hospital so much in the last few years. She kept telling me that the next time she went in she wasn't coming out alive. When I got the call that she was in the hospital I knew it was the end for her. I felt she was right where she really wanted to be and felt very relieved for her.

Jan - I am glad you got a walking buddy. That will make it much easier and keep you motivated.

Suzanne - thanks for the little questionnaire, it was fun to read them.

Enjoy your day!

• deemarie5500
    15 years ago

Peg/Raeanne, I think I cried the most tears (2 entire nights) after I received a call from my mother's doctor with her diagnosis. I knew it was a matter of time and hoped her journey would be easy for her. I never shared the prognosis with my siblings until a month or two before the end. I may have seemed calm when we said goodbye because I was happy that she would be free and with my dad, whom she missed terribly. I know that he was waiting for her.

Peg, we are all pulling you along, so stay connected!

• milkdud_2007
    15 years ago

Hi!

I came back to see how things are going this evening, and I discovered that I must not have actually previewed then posted my very lengthy message I'd typed out much earlier. I hate when that happens!

I was up a pound at my WW meeting last night. I'd had 64 oz. of water yesterday afternoon before weighing in, and I knew it would reflect in the weigh-in as well as the way-too-good-eating from the weekend, but that's how it is sometimes. I remind myself that this isn't about the numbers on the scale, but about a new way of life, so if I slip, I get back on track as quickly as possible.

Patti, very cool pictures. You're going to have so much fun this week! I'm going to a cardmaking workshop at a woman's home a couple of Sunday afternoons from now. I'll get to learn tricks to make 5 totally different cards.

McPeg, you have such a good attitude, and attitude is everything!

Dinner is almost ready, my WW-version of green pepper soup and barley, so I'll end now instead of trying to wrack my brain for the other things I'd typed out in my other post.

I hope everyone has a peaceful evening!

• User
    Original Author
    15 years ago

My day got changed - it rained too much to do anything outside and my sister called this morning to advise we had meetings in the afternoon with Mom's banks. More notice would have been appreciated but I'm just here to help. It went well and we are on the same track. My sister is arranging a family conference call with our other sister and brother. Since we are all beneficiaries we want to make sure everyone is in agreement and up to date on the process. The funeral home now has direct access to the government departments and with my sister contacted them to freeze the pensions and ensure the estate is not overpaid. Much easier then when my Dad passed away in the 80s. Now we wait for the banks legal 'estate' departments to review everything and send a letter notifying us of the next steps. I found the afternoon mentally exhausting but at least my sister and I agreed we are wary of one another (years of fighting) but both want to work together to make sure all interests are agreed upon, without argument. We agree on everything, so far, together.

Had some time to kill between appointments so I got a book to continue my education on my spiritual quest. I'm enjoying these books a great deal right now, the timing seems right for me.

So my curtains have sat, the garden is eying me up wanting chicken coop wire over the peas and beans that are not covered (think our ground hog is hungry) - some of the leaves have disappeared and the peas are 6 inches bitten off - still growing but need some protection. When I remove the cover off the enclosed veggie beds, I'll put the stuff over the peas and beans.

Walking sounds like a great idea. I should get dressed an go for one myself - great idea. Jan, I'll be walking with you and your new friend in spirit!

Milkdud, for me it's about feeling better and seeing the inches starting to move. I struggle now since I'm nearing my goal - it's seems so far away. The body is changing. Are you noticing any small changes? I'm glad you're sticking with it and yes, drinking that much water does show on the scale unless you could have peed that much just before your weigh-in!

1. Where do you work? Outdoors gardening, xmas as a tree decorator.
    2. What color socks are you wearing right now? red and ping
    3. What are you listening to right now? Dave sucking on gelato and Special Victims Unit on TV
    4. What was the last thing that you ate? vanilla 0% fat yogurt
    5. Can you drive a stick shift? no
    6. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? forest green
    7. Last person you spoke to on the phone? representative from funeral home
    8. Do you like the person who sent this to you? Well ya!
    9. How old are you today? Physically 45, mentally 12
    10 Favorite drink? coffee
    11. What is your favorite sport to watch? hockey
    12. Have you ever dyed your hair? every shade of blonde!
    13. Pets? 1 cat
    14. Favorite food? chocolate/peanut butter, mashed potato, almond, banana - I can't pick one - blame my hormones!
    15. What was the last movie you watched? Devil's Brigade
    16. Favorite day of the year? Christmas (me too)
    17. What do you do to vent anger? Cry and clean something
    18. What was your favorite toy as a child? plastercine
    19. What is your favorite, fall or spring? spring
    20. Hugs or kisses? big hugs
    22. Do you want your friends to email you back? n/a
    23. Who is most likely to respond? n/a
    24. Who is least likely to respond? n/a
    25. Living arrangement? husband and cat
    26. When was the last time you cried? Friday 13th
    27. What is on the floor of your closet? carpet
    28. Who is the friend you have had the longest relationship that you are sending this to? n/a
    29. What did you do last night? watched tv and surfed internet
    30. Favorite smells? vanilla, tea tree, baked bread
    32. What are you afraid of? myself for the moment
    33. Plain, cheese or spicy hamburgers? cheese
    34. Favorite dog breed? mixed with lab
    35. Number of keys on your key ring? 3
    36. How many years at your current job? 1
    37. Favorite day of the week? saturday
    38. How many states/counties have you lived in? 2 provinces, 2 countries
    39. Favorite vacation? anything historical
    40. Have you driven a motorcycle or heavy machinery? no
    41. Your middle name? n/a on the internet

So that's me for now!

• yankandtex
    15 years ago

TY, ty, ty for the support. It means more to me than you could ever imagine. Until just a few months ago I didn't think that I had ANY talents & then God answered one of my prayers & I could suddenly draw some. Now if I could just sing & dance. LOL

Milkdud~How did the craft session go? If I remember right that is the only time you have gained weight so that ain't bad, Honey. I had to come back & tell you, Aub called today to let us know that she had gone like a big girl. She got to call the grandparents as her reward! So sweet!! Is there anything you want me to look for at the convention for you?

McPeg~What is plastercine? Just curious... Glad that you & your sister can agree to disagree, ya know? It is much better than just disagreeing & not speaking.

Jen~The girls are getting almost as big as you, aren't they? I was so glad that you posted.

Besh~I was glad to see your post too. Go Celtics!

Raeanne~My DS works some of the golf tourneys in Big D & gets to see those guys. Both of the younger ones know where quite a few of the Cowboys live since they have worked for the electric company for so long.

NH Suzanne~Thanks for the questionnaire & thanks for posting the pics. I appreciate it. :~)

Jan~What got you motivated to walk? It is so hot here & I need to get myself motivated is why I ask.

Dee~Still getting those massages? One sounds good about now!

What has happened to our BJ? And our John, John? Did anybody else notice that the majority of us were barefooted? LOL Now, I'm not saying the P work though. No, siree! Well, I've still got bunches to do. So much prep work. Later...P

• yankandtex
    15 years ago

Oops!

Bookreaders~Did you get the Janet Evanovich book today? Fearless Fourteen?? I looked at it but knew I could get it cheaper so left it.

Milkdud~I've read 3 of the Laura Childs scrapbooking mysteries now & LOVE them!!

• donna_southnj
    15 years ago

1. Where do you work? At a medical center
    2. What color socks are you wearing right now? None
    3. What are you listening to right now? Law & Order on TV
    4. What was the last thing that you ate? 100 calorie pack striped fudge cookies.
    5. Can you drive a stick shift? Yes, but not in a very, very long time.
    6. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? Red
    7. Last person you spoke to on the phone? My Mom
    9. How old are you today? 51
    10 Favorite drink? Iced tea
    11. What is your favorite sport to watch? Football
    12. Have you ever dyed your hair? Absolutely - every 5 weeks.
    13. Pets? 1 dog - Lacey
    14. Favorite food? peanut butter and chocolate chip cookies, steak, chicken ceasar salad, Tastykake (just about everything they make)..they have branched out but Tastykake is a Philly/South Jersey thing.
    15. What was the last movie you watched? I can't remember what it was called, how sad is that ?? :-)
    16. Favorite day of the year? July 4 and Christmas
    17. What do you do to vent anger? Cry and yell
    18. What was your favorite toy as a child? Barbie doll
    19. What is your favorite, fall or spring? Love both equally, really!
    20. Hugs or kisses? Definitely hugs!
    22. Do you want your friends to email you back? Sure!
    23. Who is most likely to respond? n/a
    24. Who is least likely to respond? n/a
    25. Living arrangement? My sister and me...and of course Lacey.
    26. When was the last time you cried? Valentine's Day, I ended a relationship....picked a good day didn't I??
    27. What is on the floor of your closet? Carpet
    28. Who is the friend you have had the longest relationship that you are sending this to? n/a
    29. What did you do last night? Watched the power company dig up my yard and repair damaged cable so I could have power again!
    30. Favorite smells? Lavender, vanilla, puppy breath, ocean, babies,summer rain
    32. What are you afraid of? Lightening and serious injuries.
    33. Plain, cheese or spicy hamburgers? Spicy meaning blackened.
    34. Favorite dog breed? Bichon Frise but I also love mutts and just about all dogs.
    35. Number of keys on your key ring? 8
    36. How many years at your current job? 4
    37. Favorite day of the week? Friday
    38. How many states/counties have you lived in? 1 state only ....NJ all the way!
    39. Favorite vacation? Anything relaxing
    40. Have you driven a motorcycle or heavy machinery? Motorcycle many years ago, never heavy machinery.
    41. Your middle name? Lee

Will read and catch up later!

• User
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Good morning!
    Got my lotto ticket for tonight - 25 million! Hey, if ya don't play ya can't win is the way I see it. What the heck, eh? I get excited over free tickets which tells you how often I have won something!
    Today check-in with the doc and then head downtown to take care of my gardens. Looking forward to them, especially once I get them in the shape I want. They're my babies now.
    Its been fun this week to read the responses to the questions.

Plastercine was before Playdoh - it's more like modeling clay in various colours only it doesn't harden, it stays pliable. I had a kiddie table where I used to build mini towns, people (usually peacock blue rolled little cones with tiny balls for heads quished on top). We were always careful to separate our work afterwards to keep the colours from mixing. I also loved my tinkertoy, tiddliwinks, stuffed monkey and marbles.

QOD: If we could all sit down together today at the Kitchen Table, what would you bring? (It can be ANYTHING).

I'd bring some quilting work to do and fabric to share.

Have a great day today everyone. I'm still working on forgiveness - it's powerful and wonderful. It's never too late to make amends and let our mistakes go.

Give today your best. You deserve it! Plan your meals, don't skip them!

See ya at our Kitchen Table - bring your surprise and maybe we can enjoy a cuppa together.

LOL to all,
    Peggy

• wodka
    15 years ago

QOD: I would bring a camera to take plenty of pics of my new friends. Also a blank scrapbook and ask Patti and others for their help and creativity in preserving this memory. Maybe a big pot of shrimp gumbo with crusty bread (since this would be a special day, we could forget calories and points just for one day, couldn't we?)

I didn't get to walk yesterday because thunderstorms rolled in - nothing like summertime in the south. I should get up and walk early, so I can be done with it and it's also a little less humid. I'll have to work on that. I'd much rather drink my coffee and sit here for a while!

Today I go get my hair trimmed and color touched up, then run errands. We're going to my home town this weekend to visit my 83 year old mom, then are bringing her back to spend the week with us. I can't wait. I hope she doesn't back out. After Daddy died, she sold our old home (crime had gotten really bad, but Dad refused to move.) She is in a nice garden home environment, and has made friends with all of her neighbors. Plays bridge, Hand and Foot (she adores that game?), and goes to the local theater plays. Still drives. She even went swimming in the community pool last week. I know she hates to leave, because she has so much fun there. How great is that, for her and for us, knowing that she is happy. I hope I can keep her entertained for a week. ha.

Have a great day, everybody!

• wodka
    15 years ago

On the long QOD, the question, when was the last time you cried?...... - I cried watching the Tiger Woods commercial during the golf tournament that was narrated by his dad, then cried last night watching "America's Got Talent." It's a such a silly show, (I can't stand David Hasselhoff) but one of the last contestants, the rather big young man who sang opera - it was so touching - what a beautiful voice. He had tears in his eyes, and I had them in mine. Am I a goofball or what...not really, just a hormonal, sentimental slob.

• yankandtex
    15 years ago

Peg~I love your QODs! It seems like a lot of thought is put into them.

Can I bring Dave? I know I definitely want to bring a camera & a journal b/c I want to scrapbook it so I have the memories forever but Dave is so much a part of me & us, I think. Ask Milkdud, he is a fun guy. (I think she even prefers him to me. LOL) He is really easy to talk to.

I have something that I want to post but it is kind of long. It is inspirational--not really about dieting but life--I'm going to go get it & bring it back. I hope you don't mind. If you don't want to read it, you've been warned, so skip over it. But, I think you'll like it.

Have a great day & a great week if I don't get back. Patti :~)

• marci_pa
    15 years ago

QOD - If we are not counting calories, I am bringing Banana bread and coffee. It is cool here today (60s) and I feel like baking. I'll bring some fabric scraps for Peg and a book for each and everyone of you.

Patti - Speaking of books, I not only bought Fearless 14 yesterday, I already finished it! LOL If you want I can mail it to you, you can mail it to DeeMarie when you are done and Dee can mail back to me to swap on Paperbackswap.com.

NHSuzanne - speaking of books, I have a book I think you would like. Chosen by a Horse by Susan Richards. If you haven't read it already, I will send it your way.

I bought some perrenials this weekend and I am going to plant them today. I love working outside in this weather. Then I have some trim I want to paint. I went to the library yesterday and I have a new stack of books to pick from when the painting is done.

Marci

• deemarie5500
    15 years ago

Happy WEDNESDAY!

Marci, that sounds like a plan to me. Patti can read Fourteen first (I have 3 books on my pile; 2 of which come on vacation with me in early July). Thanks sweetie!

QOD: If we don't count calories, I'm bringing my award-winning crumb cake. The crumbs are almost 3 inches high on it (9 x 13). In between the dense vanilla cake and crumbs, I paint 1/3 of it with apricot, 1/3 of it with raspberry, and leave 1/3 plain. My coworkers and DH's family scream for it during special events. OK, now I'll bet I have all the sweet-cravers among you drooling.

Personally, I'll take a slice of Marci's banana bread, please.

Well, I've promised my director a report I hope I can produce. If I can, it will be super impressive. Need to leave but will be back in a jif.

Make today count!
    Dee

:0)

• yankandtex
    15 years ago

Marci~That would be splendiforous Sweetie! I'd love to read it & mail it to Dee after I'm done. I actually think that I have some I was supposed to mail back to you before but don't know which ones. (Sorry!)

MAY WE ALL BE COFFEE

A carrot, an egg, and a cup of coffee...You will never look at a cup of coffee the same way again.

A young woman went to her mother & told her about her life & how things were so hard for her. She did not know how she was going to make it & wanted to give up. She was tired of fighting & struggling. It seemed as one problem was solved, & a new one arose.

Her mother took her to the kitchen. She filled 3 pots with water & placed each on a high fire. Soon the pots came to boil. In the first she placed carrots, in the second she placed eggs, & in the last she placed ground coffee beans. She let them sit & boil; without saying a word.

In about 20 minutes she turned off the burners. She fished the carrots out & placed them in a bowl. She pulled the eggs out & placed them in a bowl. Then she ladled the coffee out & placed it in a bowl. Turning to her daughter, she asked, 'Tell me what you see.'

'Carrots, eggs, & coffee,' she replied.

Her mother brought her closer & asked her to feel the carrots. She did & noted that they were soft. The mother then asked the daughter to take an egg & break it. After pulling off the shell, she observed the hard boiled egg.

Finally, the mother asked the daughter to sip the coffee. The daughter smiled as she tasted its rich aroma. The daughter then asked, 'What does it mean, mother?'

Her mother explained that each of these objects had faced the same adversity: boiling water. Each reacted differently. The carrot went in strong, hard, & unrelenting. However, after being subjected to the boiling water, it softened & became weak. The egg had been fragile. Its think outer shell had protected its liquid interior, but after sitting through the boiling water, its inside became hardened. The ground coffee beans were unique, however. After they were in the boiling water, they had changed the water.

'Which are you?' she asked her daughter. 'When adversity knocks on your door, how do you respond? Are you a carrot, an egg or a coffee bean?'

Think of this: Which am I? Am I the carrot that seems strong, but with pain & adversity do I wilt & become soft & lose my strength?

Am I the egg that starts with a malleable heart, but changes with the heat? Did I have a fluid spirit, but after a death, a breakup, a financial hardship or some other trial, have I become hardened & stiff? Does my shell look the same, but on the inside am I bitter & tough with a stiff spirit & hardened heart?

Or am I like the coffee bean? The bean actually changes the hot water, the very circumstance that brings the pain. When the water gets hot, it releases the fragrance & flavor. If you are like the bean, when things are at their worst, you get better & change the situation around you. When the hour is the darkest & trials are their greatest do you elevate yourself to another level? How do you handle adversity? Are you a carrot, an egg or a coffee bean?

May you have enough happiness to make you sweet, enough trials to make you strong, enough sorrow to keep you human & enough hope to make you happy.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything; they just make the most of everything that comes along their way. The brightest future will always be based on a forgotten past; you can't go forward in life until you let go of your past failures & heartaches.

When you were born, you were crying & everyone around you was smiling.

Live your life so at the end, you're the one who is smiling & everyone around you is crying.

• aka_raeanne
    15 years ago

Marci - LOL - Suzanne has read that book and she gave it to me as one of my many unbirthday gifts last year. It is a beautiful story.

Patti - you better bring Dave, he is one of us.

Wodka - I sometimes find myself crying over commercials too LOL.

Dee - you better bring some NYC pizza too!

McPeg - sending positive vibes for a big hit on the lottery! I played 911 yesterday. That number came up so many times for me that I said if I see it one more time I am playing it, I did and I lost. It must've had another significance for me. Like slow down and enjoy life!

QOD - Besides my wit and charm I would bring some crystals picked out specifically for each of you. Most of you know that I love to collect rocks and crystals - although I haven't gotten any new one's in a long long time.

Enough of this talk, it is making me hungry LOL.

Enjoy your day

• marci_pa
    15 years ago

Raeanne - Thanks for the heads up. I loved that book. Everytime she described her Morgan mare, I thought of NHSuzanne and Sweet Pea, although Sweet Pea sounds like a better behaved horse - lol. And of course I cried at the end. :~(

Patti and DeeMarie - I will send Fearless 14 on it's appointed rounds - LOL

DeeMarie - Send some of that award winning streusel cake this way and I will send some Banana bread your way! Yes, you did make my mouth water. Yum!

Patti - Thanks for the inspirational story. Now I am off the brew some coffee!

• millie42
    15 years ago

QOD: I did forget the pizza! Will go over to Brooklyn or down the shore and pick up some at Carmine's. Once you eat a slice, you will all move to NJ to be near to our pizza (and gain about 50 pounds!)

LOL!!!!

• yankandtex
    15 years ago

OK~I'll bite. Millie42?? Birthday August 21st????

Milkdud????????

• nhsuzanne
    15 years ago

Hi all,

Busy, busy here with the countdown to the rehearsal dinner and wedding on Saturday. I have been working my fingers to the bone trying to get everything done at my house....when will I learn, I live on a farm and nothing is ever all done!!

Marci, thanks for your thought of sending me that book. As Raeanne told you I have read it. It's a wonderful story and I laughed at times, especially when she was dating and picking out lingerie!! Her Morgan certainly ruled the roost but any horse would if allowed to! I really sobbed at the end, even though I knew it was coming. But what a beautiful story and it was wonderful that this horse was shown kindness in her final years. So many are not. Which is what makes me sob even harder. Sweet Pea truly does have a heart of pure gold and there isn't a mean bone in her or Casey's body.

Patti, thanks for sharing Let's All be Coffee.

Peg, I hope you hit the big bucks tonight! I too am sending positive thoughts your way.

QOD: I would have to bring photos of my DH, DSS (only 1)and my animals of course. I would also bring NH Maple Syrup made by my award winning neighbor and be prepared to make some fabulous French toast with bacon. But then, I could make eggs Benedict with my dear hen's eggs! Hum mm, what a dilemma! LOL

I'll bite too - Millie42????

• deemarie5500
    15 years ago

Well, Millie must be from NJ or NY and likes pizza!

• User
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hi Millie42, I don't think I've met you before - hello!

Love the 'Let's All be Coffee'. Going to have to share that one!

I'm having a bite of everything at the table with a coffee. Looking forward to meeting Dave and seeing the photos!

• yankandtex
    15 years ago

Dave said to tell each of you thank-you for including him. We are leaving sometime around 8:00 a.m. I'm usually up much earlier than that but if some reason I don't get the chance to drop by I want to say good-bye & have a great week. I'll miss each of you.

Keep us in your thoughts, please. Patti :~>

• deemarie5500
    15 years ago

Good THURSDAY Morning!

Let's get up and start our day with a smile and a promise to treat ourselves well today! :0)

Good Luck Patti & Dave! Have fun!!!

• Wild_Chicken
    15 years ago

Hi Guys!

Patti emailed me and said CHECK IN---so here I am!

Sorry for being MIA. I probably won't be back until Tuesday or Wednesday. Everything is going haywire.

The day the photographer was due, I went downstairs and my SubZero had died. Water all over the floor and all the food in there was garbage. I cancelled the shoot. Then the next night, all the power in the right side (bonus room and nursery went out, as well as the internet) The night after that, the master bedroom and bath went out. I called an electtrician and he replaced the breakers and we're back as of yesterday. New countertops arrived, but the plumber cancelled and now I've got to find a plumber before Saturday to hook my sink back up. And appliance guy can't hook up cooktop or dishwasher until next week. I have my open house this Saturday, so I am wound up tighter than a spring! I can't wait for next week to come!!!

I noticed the massive lines of survey as I skimmed, so I thought I'd join in---a little respite from the stress, if you will...!

1. Where do you work? At home
    3. What are you listening to right now? Computer fan.
    4. What was the last thing that you ate? Handful of Fritos
    5. Can you drive a stick shift? but of course
    6. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? Periwinkle
    7. Last person you spoke to on the phone? One of of my best girlfriends
    9. How old are you today? 45 (feels like 100)
    10 Favorite drink? Coke
    11. What is your favorite sport to watch? Olympic pairs ice skating and women's gymnastics:floor exercises
    12. Have you ever dyed your hair? "Ever?" ALWAYS.
    13. Pets? Not any more...
    14. Favorite food? lemon cheesecake
    15. What was the last movie you watched? Much Ado About Nothing
    16. Favorite day of the year? December 31st
    17. What do you do to vent anger? Longs Rants followed by Cleaning the house and b1thching the whole time.
    18. What was your favorite toy as a child? Ricky doll (it actually wa sa Thumbelina with all the hair cut off. I wanted a boy doll)
    20. Hugs or kisses? Hugs
    21. Cherries or blueberries? Neither. raspberries
    25. Living arrangement? Chaotic, DH p/t, 2 bio kids, 2 foster kids, and 2 on/off college-aged kids and whomever follows them home.
    26. When was the last time you cried? Last week, about how much there is to do all the time.
    27. What is on the floor of your closet? No, the question is, what ISN'T on the floor of my closet?
    29. What did you do last night? Talked on the phone, resad the news, and went to bed reading "The House ALways Wins"
    30. Favorite smells? Fresh cut grass, vanilla candles, Johnson & Johnson baby lotion
    32. What are you afraid of? rodents and men with knifes
    33. Plain, cheese or spicy hamburgers? Double cheese with onions, ketchup, mustard, and hot pickles
    34. Favorite dog breed? Rodesian Ridgeback or a Pharaoh Hound
    35. Number of keys on your key ring? 4 or 5
    36. How many years at your current job? Not too many ...yet.
    37. Favorite day of the week? Tuesday
    38. How many states/counties have you lived in? 2 states, 2
    39. Favorite vacation? Cruising or driving combined with hiking
    40. Have you driven a motorcycle or heavy machinery? yes
    41. Your middle name? Jo

Enjoy the rest of the week. See you on Wednesday!!!!!

• donna_southnj
    15 years ago

Hi All,

Patti and Dave - a safe and good trip!

QOD: I know I would bring a camera and probably something chocolate.

I agree - let's all be coffee.

Millie - welcome! Where on the Jersey shore are you? I have had Carmine's pizza in Brigantine it was very good. I am just outside of Atlantic City.

A beautiful day - glad tomorrow is Friday. I will catch up later, gotta run now.

Donna

• User
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Alright, I know it's Friday but

where are you guys today?

I'm catching up around the house today and the yard (a bit). Mentally and physically everything caught up with me yesterday, Dave let me sleep in until 11:30 am today! Wow! Did some running around and doing housework and a little yard work. We're away this weekend at his parents. So I may not be back online until Monday!
    Still holding my weight at the couple of pounds lost during the last 2 weeks of stress. Focused on eating right so I don't burn out. I'm happy just to hold this weight for a few weeks until my routine snaps back into place. I'm in no rush at all. Just want to eat right.

We've got a rainy weekend ahead - another week before the weather starts shifting back to sun. Not complaining but starting to get a little weather weary.

How are you doing today?

Cheers,
    Peggy

• milkdud_2007
    15 years ago

Wow! It's Saturday already??? I've stayed busy all week, and just haven't remembered to get online. Incredible!

(((((Hugs))))) to everyone here. I've missed y'all, but I've started joining in on things here and stay occupied. My craft class was interesting. I have to admit that there were some cranky old ladies there who didn't seem to like new people, so it put a damper on my time. Plus, I discovered that I am really NOT artistic when it comes to freehand painting, but my patriotic plaque turned out okay.

I've been helping my new next-door neighbor get her house fixed up, so that has required some fun shopping (for both of us!). Yesterday, I came home with way too many things, but they were things I'd been looking for since winter.

I hope everyone is having a nice relaxing weekend. I'm down that pesky pound that I had at my WW meeting Monday night. My clothes are definitely getting looser, and it's about time to make up a donation bag of things I've under-grown! We have no plans for eating out this weekend, so I hope to continue very healthy eating.

Take care, everyone!

• deemarie5500
    15 years ago

Happy SATURDAY!

Congrats to Milkdud and all the other losers around here! hehe According to my scale, I'm down another pound or two. I will weigh-in at the fitness center next week to be sure...they have that body fat thingy on it too, and our big challenge game is still going on there.

DH has been gone all day down in South Jersey to drag racing with his old army buddy, whom he ran into a few months ago. I ran a bunch of errands. Paid (literally) a stack of bills. Began cleaning out out closet of give-away clothes, shoes, and purses. So far I have 2 large bags for VietNam Vets, 3 large bags of garbage, a tote full of hangers, and a much nicer closet floor! There is still some ways to go, but I decided to take a brake.

Maybe I'll watch a bit of TV and take a nap before I decide on some dinner. I know it will include brussel sprouts (DH hates them, so I make them when he's not around). I also make a very low fat version of mac and cheese that DH does not like, so that may be on the menu, as I need some dairy today.

Tomorrow, we were planning to go out with his daughters, DBIL and nieces, to pick strawberries up in the country north somewhere (cows and horses around I think Suzanne! lol) However, I'm hearing that we're going to get rain all day. It's been a Father's Day tradition (when the berries are ready) with all the girls since they were very small. I may beg off because of my back (and the fact that it is just not my thing to deal with bugs and whatever out there) LOL!!! City girl, sissy girl, Dee..that's ME!!!!

Enjoy your evening!
    TAKE CARE, EAT HEATHFULLY, AND NEVER NEVER GIVE UP!!!!!
    DeeMarie

Sponsored