SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kathy__gw

Diet pals (until McPeg gets back)

kathy_
19 years ago

Whatcha doin' you misplaced Canadian?

I am doing so great right now - just might have something with a doctor's appt on Monday. Have a birthday party on Saturday (nephew 1 year old) so that will be a challenge but my goal for that day is maintaining and that is doable. I know there will be fruit there for hubby's uncle who does not eat sweets (I even offered to make it but was turned down) Had another party last Saturday with another nephew 28 - how's that for an age spread? The younger one is hubby's nephew and his brother is 14 years younger. About the time I thought we were done buying gifts for kids along comes 2 more now age 1 and 4. They are cute but I could not keep up with them.

Bought my first watermelon of the "cheap" season $3.99. Saw local sweet corn for sale - first of the season in PA. The mennonite farmers cover the young stalks with plastic because they want to be the first selling it (and get the highest price from corn starved us). I did not stop at the produce stand but business was booming.

Saw a small segment on the Today Show with 2 women on it and diet advice was given. The first lady had a son overseas (Iraq) so gained 15 pounds just from worry. Her solution was to add exercise for the stress and it worked for her.

The second lady's case hit home with me. She would practically starve (popcorn and diet soda for lunch and supper) and was not losing weight. The nutritionist said her metabolism had slowed to make up for the lack of food. She is on 1200 calories now and slowly losing. So on these pre-doctor days I am making myself eat even though my brain says "starve, starve"! I found the days I eat a little more protein shows up as a loss on the scales. So eat, eat!!!

Well better go - busy days with lots of yard work...

How's everybody doing? Kathy

Comments (18)

Sponsored
Moda Kitchen and Bath
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars20 Reviews
Loudoun County's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living