SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
quiltingbunny

Diet Pals 14 - 20 June ... New muscles?

quiltingbunny
19 years ago

Hi Ya!

Well, I have had a very, very busy weekend. DH is still on hols in Canada - I am still painting, working on the garden in his absence. Took a break on Sat afternoon right through until Sunday dinner - 'borrowed' our friends daughters (5&7 yrs old!) - we had a BLAST!

Blew up the large air mattress and set up a bed in the front room. The rule was where ever you fell asleep - that's where you would sleep for the night (the gals thought this was a great idea and there was no fighting over the air mattress that way!). It is sooooo light right now the 5 year old konked out at 10:30 pm - watching TV and laying down on the air mattress. It's amazing how considerate they can each be for each other - lovely really. The older princess suggested we turn off the TV so the younger princess could sleep - we went upstairs to finish watching ICE AGE (two movies going on in the house on two floors!). In the morning we had pancakes, strawberries, PASTA with tomato sauce, more strawberries, chocolate cereal stuff (they really eat like birds and had a bit of this, a bit of that)...then we went outside and constructed a huge tent house - a flower market in the garden, made flower soup, stew, dinner, lunch. Packed flower soup lunches to go to school. There were NO ADULTS ALLOWED in our house (I was 4 1/2). What a laugh. The most relaxing time I have had in ages. G*d Bless them. They truly were little princesses and very, very thoughtful, considerate and their parents have every right to be very proud of their little angels.

Sometimes we get so busy with life we need to be reminded how to chill out. I have gained about 3 pounds during the week - not for lack of exercise and moving around with house painting, gardening - just ate a lot with my pals and drank lots of drinks...I am not sure how much is fat/weight or water. Should know where I am at really by mid-week.

So that was my weekend and reason for being 'offline'.

Today it's back to the grind stone but I have scheduled tomorrow off - to finish painting my kitchen and I had 2 construction bags of crushed stone delivered on the weekend to dig up parts of the yard around teh garden shed to gravel and finish/re-gravel parts of the drive and along the fence. So, today I am faithfully point counting and trying hard to eat my fruits and proper meals. Really, really tired from my fresh air and work outs with the house and yard! But I feel GREAT!

Yellowhair - glad you got those toothpicks - have another batch in the post for some other Diet Pals too! They are weird and fun!

Glad to see DeeMarie and Alice popping round. It's a busy time of year for many of us and holidays too! No reason to give up on things if you have been thinking about it - more reasons to stick with it than not!

Today will be a great day, I promise, if you take the challenge full throttle and get moving, drink your water, watch your foods and be happy!

Let's make today count! We only have one shot at it!

Cheers,

McPeg

Comments (14)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH