Return to the Diet Club Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Diet Pals 28 J - 4 July - Happy B'day Canada / America!!

Posted by quiltingbunny (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 28, 04 at 4:24

I love the Humans-R-Us! I think it will be next weeks topic. I don't want to miss celebrating the North America B'day parties. Having a big BBQ on Saturday with friends and neighbors in Scotland - new neighbour is an ex US marine and has a pal here as well. We decided to have a BBQ and celebrate our b-days together. Should be a hoot. So I had better get back on track and behave myself.
Thanks for the note on KT - will have to pop over there and say hello. I just don't spend as much time online anymore and some days don't have the energy to keep looking at the PC at night - especially if it's nice out - I am in the garden!

Glad to see old pals coming back! I have to get to work and do a few things but will properly say hello to all later today.

Let's give this week a good kick in the pants! Sounds like I am not alone taking a wee break on the calorie/point counting. Grab my hand and lets have some good meals today and drink our water!

Thank you for your kind words in the last post!

Cheers,
McPeg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Diet Pals 28 J - 4 July - Happy B'day Canada / America!!

Good morning!
Hi Erica! (Last post on other thread)
Back to the salt mines for some of you.
I get to have a splurge today. When I leave the doctors I get a BIG frozen Coke. Pure poison but I crave the stuff all the time. Why don't they make diet??? I face the scales and then my treat!
Well I found a recipe for the eggplant to know how to grill it. Steam the eggplant until tender, peel it, cut it in big pieces and then dipped the pieces in spaghetti sauce and grilled them. They do not want to brown! It was OK but it was still eggplant. I will never, ever crave eggplant! Maybe smaller pieces and more sauce but that would increase calories too.
Read that fattness is not directly inherited but metabolism might be. Makes sense.
Hubby was gone for the weekend and this morning when the tea kettle was whistling, the washer was stopping, the dryer buzzing and he yelled down he needed tp I was ready to pack his clothes for another couple of days.
Well better get ready to go. No breakfast for me! Kathy

o

Good one - that's me in the salt mine! I did haul gravel yesterday and poured it along the drive - does that count? Being an 'angel' today - trying real hard to file those red horns off!

o

Morning everyone. Well, I am off to the county fair with my gal pal today. I have no idea how I will do "diet" wise today. I always have a problem eating at fairs...not because I pig out on all the fair foods, I don't like fair food. That's right. While everyone else is wandering around trying to choose, I am looking for something at all to eat that seems worth it both taste wise and calorie wise.

I usually end up with Thai or Mexican. Used to like corndogs until they all became turkey or chicken. YUCK! If it's not all beef, it's not a hotdog. Maybe I'll get lucky and bar-b-que chicken will be available.

My friend on the other hand loves all the sweets....cotton candy,fudge,snowcones and funnelcakes. Should be an interesting food day. I like some of those but tire of them quickly. Sometimes we'll share a bit.

o

Having a good day so far.

At the beginning of this whole diet project, I weaned myself off a daily bagel by switching to Special K with Red Berries. I've been out of it for awhile, and tried to use up some other cereal. But somehow the day doesn't seem to start right without it now. Opened my new supply this morning, and I felt much more focused about eating right all day. Something about the box being pink, being indoctrinated since birth that Special K was for ladies watching their figures... I think the symbolism is what works for me, more than the actual cereal! The same way I am about Tab soda--awful stuff, but having it around is a good reminder that I'm watching my weight. Hmm, that's in a pink package, too.

About the eggplant. Try searching for "baba ganouj". There are tons of recipes online. You basically cook the eggplant (grill, broil or bake), then combine the flesh with a little olive oil, lots of garlic, etc., then blend into a dip. I made it once long ago and don't know what recipe I used--but it was pretty good (so long as you like garlic!).

Erica

o

Erica is referring to a dish also known as eggplant caviar. Bake an egg plant at 350 degrees until a fork goes in easily. Peel and chop. Saute in a couple of tablespoons of olive oil with chopped onion,diced tomatoes,a little green pepper and garlic. Simmer 'til everything is tender. Chill well and serve on party sliced rye bread. YUMM

I don't use a recipe, but like Erica said there are many out there. Stewed tomatoes, tomatoe sauce and many seasoned chopped canned tomatoes can be used instead of fresh. If you use fresh ones...Romas work well.

No Russian holiday table would be complete without this as one of the many appetizers (zakuski).

o

it's been murder at work - not busy and wanting to nibble all the time. I hate being NOT BUSY - it is just as stressful as being too busy.
This is driving me bananas....
Have to keep off ebay too! Darn!
McPeg

o

Okay - where is everybody this week? I am struggling away by myself - have put on a total of FIVE POUNDS from BOREDOM at work - today I stopped at the store on the way in and stocked up on flavoured water, fresh fruit, veg and NO JUNK at my desk at all. I hope I can stick with it today - I am really going through a rough patch with lack of work. At least this afternoon I have a team meeting to attend which should keep me from snacking - just have to make it to lunch and fill up on healthy choices!
Cheers, for now,
McPeg

o

McPeg, I know what you mean. Trying to think up things to keep busy with when work is quiet is harder than actually working, I think. Makes *me* ansty!

Am going through a rather stressful period with DH right now--he is very down. So I think I'll be happy if I can just maintain this week. At least I've been taking walks and digging up sod to handle my own tension, which is probably helping to burn some extra calories. Not doing terribly well with food.

Erica

o

Good morning!

Erica, I love Special K! I have to have my cereal in the morning, have you tried the low carb. special K? It's pretty good, I eat it with the Carb Count Down Fat free "milk", I'm not on the Atkins diet, but I am trying to watch my carbs when I can.
I'm down 52 pounds now, 128. Only 3 lbs till I am at my goal, but I'm changing that to 120 now, because I can see that I definately have it to lose.
McPeg, I love that flavored water, keep up the fresh fruit and vegies. I can't believe how much I am liking vegetables now, I actually crave them now lol. Who would ever thought that would happen to me?? Tonight is Farmer's market, and I can't wait to go stock up for the week. It is a big event in our town, they shut down the whole down town area here, have live music, bbq, crafts etc... Dh and I have a great time.
Well, I'm off to the gym, I hope you all have a great day!
alice

o

Hi all, I'm still here too. Inspite of the ammount of food I ate this week, I am another pound down. This is a psychological breakthrough for me as it puts me in the 40's. Knowing I have to fight to keep it will hopefully give me incentive to say no to the little extras I let slip in.

McPeg being idle is hard. I don't know where you work. Could you bring something to keep you fingers busy like quilt squarers, needlepoint or a crossword? It helps me that I made a rule that I cannot eat anything while doing something else. Reading,television,at the computer,outside, talking on the phone....if I eat I must focus on that alone unless dining out with others of course. Otherwise I would be thoughtlessy inhaling my food.

Erica, hope things perk-up for you DH (and you) soon.

Kathy, use your time with DH gone to do something nice for yourself.

Oh how we love them, but sometimes I dream of how easy it would be to be single. Then reality hits and I realize how much we both need each other in so many different ways. Fortunately we are both ones who need alone time and understand that.

Alice I just discovered Diet Rite sodas are now made with Splenda and have no calories or sodium. It sounds like you really like your gym. Which do you belong to? I would like to go but I don't like the way most are run today.

Everyone have a great holiday weekend. Be safe, eat as healthy as you can and play hard.

o

Wildchild, I really do enjoy the gym that I belong to. There is a link below if you would like to look.
Have a great day!
alice

Here is a link that might be useful: gym

o

Hello everyone! Hope you are all planning to enjoy your weekend.

I leave for a cruise on Sunday, and I will be taking my Weight Watchers books and journals with me. Since starting WW in February, I am down between 23-25 lbs. This is my 3rd cruise since then, and I know I can continue on the program by thinking before I order or head for the buffet line. Although I am in a major stall with my weight, I refuse to give in to temptation.

I wish you all a great week; hope to check in while on the cruise, but if not, I'll be back on 12-July!!!

o

DeeMarie,
Have a great time on your cruise!
alice

o

DeeMarie, that's wonderful you can go on cruises and not gain. I'm afraid I wouldn't have the will power. Don't even have it at home sometimes. Not down or up this week. I'm at a standstill and it's really hard to stay motivated. I've been at the gym almost everyday, but no luck. Hope it's not a plateau. Have a good week everybody.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Diet Club Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here