Return to the Diet Club Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Fat Magnet Pills

Posted by nita1950 (My Page) on
Fri, May 7, 04 at 23:05

Has anyone tried the Fat Magnet Pills. I have just purchased by BodyGold the Advanced Fat Magnet Formula and it claims to block fat absorption. It contains Chitosan and Psyllium Husk and I have heard that these are good supplements.

Nita

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Fat Magnet Pills

No pill will ever collect the fat - these companies prey on your desire to lose weight. Honestly, if you go to medical sites and lookup weight loss, weight loss pills - there is no magical pill that will ever take away your fat or collect it in the body.
Honest.
Your best bet is a balanced diet and exercise.
If there were magic pills that truly worked we would all be on them, there would be no obesity and this forum would not exist.
Half the time these pills come with diet sheets and its the diet that helps you to lose weight.
That's my two cents worth!
Hang in there!
McPeg

o

Nita,

I'm not familiar with what you're referring to, but 3 or 4 years ago, I took Xenical (a fat blocker) for one year -- at the time it was by presciption only, I don't know about now. Insurance didn't pay much of it, so it cost me about $80.00 a month -- might be cheaper now. I didn't change my diet any, but was exercising and I lost about 10% of my body weight (all in the first 4 months). I didn't have any problems taking it, but I heard that a lot of people did. I don't want to be too graphic, but there are definitely changes in your "output" (frequency, urgency, oily, etc.) and you'll certainly know when you've eaten a high fat meal. What I thought was most interesting (and I might just be an unusual case) was that it reduced my cholesterol by 40 points -- of course, it went back up the following year when I stopped taking the medication. Since I'm now trying an Atkins type diet, I've been concerned about my cholesterol going up and I would consider taking it again if I thought it would help. I don't know that I would recommend it soley for weight loss, but I guess it's success and side effects would depend on how much fat you have in your diet before and during its use. Maybe I didn't have that much fat in my diet (compared to other people) in the first place, so maybe that's why I didn't have any trouble taking. If you do try it, please let us know you're progress -- if it's the same stuff as the Xenical and over the counter and cheaper, I might consider it again if my cholesterol goes up.

Thanks,
Janet

o

Hi Nita,

I don't know about the fat magnet pills, but I have been taking psyllium husks for over 6 months now as part of a weight loss plan called Fat Flush. I've lost over 30 lbs, but of course there's a lot more to the diet than just the psyllium. The psyllium I take is 100% psyllium husks with no added sugars or other ingredients. My cholesterol dropped 50 points too!

Good luck and let us know how it works.

o

About 11 or 12 years ago I found a product in a local drugstore called "SeQuester" that claimed to remove fat from the fatty food in your diet. I had tried to lose weight for eight years the right way, without success. I'd lose some weight and then lose my willpower and gain it back. I was skeptical that anything in a box could help, but gave it a try anyway. I was pretty shocked when I started losing weight immediately, and lost 40 lbs in six months without changing my diet much--and still eating my favorite fast foods.

Once the weight was off, I was able to keep it off for ten years by adding exercise (treadmill) and eating a balanced diet. I then underwent a divorce and started eating like crazy with the stress. I gained about 25 pounds before I decided I'd better get it under control and discovered to my dismay that the FDA had forced SeQuester off the market for "false advertising claims". It had worked amazingly well for me. So I tried Xenical which was so utterly disgusting (someone else has mentioned this) I cannot even begin to tell you. I stopped taking it after only two weeks, yikes. I think Alli is the same thing--avoid.

I have researched the defunct SeQuester product extensively and found the main ingredient is ox bile which is combined with cellulose. If the fat absorber you're trying has ox bile in it, I can tell you it worked extremely well for me, FDA notwithstanding.

o

I got about a pill which is helpful for loosing weight. Anyone can get information’s regarding weight loss at net. There are many sites regarding weight loss and any person can buy pills online also.

Here is a link that might be useful: buy phentremine

o

I used to take Fat Magnet AND lost 70 pounds, along with working out with Richard Simmons, Sweatin to the Oldies. You'll be able to tell when the pills are working by stool appearance. I've been looking for the product because K-Mart no longer carries it. Thanks for update on where I can get it!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Diet Club Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here