Return to the Diet Club Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Diet Drinks

Posted by qt102 (My Page) on
Mon, May 15, 06 at 22:06

I've been trying to lose weight for as long as i can remeber. My family has had many weight problems so ever since i was very young my parents have bought diet coke. I don't drink any other pops besides that drink and i rarely drink water and milk. My question is HOW DO I GET OFF IT?! It's getting to a point in time were i'm phsyically adicted to it, i drink on average 5 cans a day and i need a 'fix' of it all the time. It's not even the caffine either, it's the actuall drink. I can drink caffine free and still get the buzz. I know what i'm doing is not healthy and i would really appreciate any advice anyone can give, thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Diet Drinks

I am not sure what to tell you. I have never drank alot of soda in my life but it was enough not to be good for me, I just cold turkeyed it and got off. But I was not addicted. Maybe if you can find something else to drink and start replacing whatever it is with one of your cokes a day for a week then two the next week and do it that way. How about iced tea?? Crystal Lite makes good sugar free drinks. I love water that is my favorite thing to drink, you do need to drink more water. All diets tell you to drink lots of water, I notice more weight loss and less headaches when I drink alot of water.

o

thanks, i'll try that right away!!

o

Is it working for you???

o

It is! It's really helpful that i'm on the Shangri-la diet too, (you have to drink sugar water and stuff) Thanks for the advice!

o

take chromium..you can find it with vitamins in the grocery store or pharmacy section...it fixes your sugar levels and actually gets rid of sugar cravings..I always found when I really wanted a pop...it was just that I was really thirsty so drinking lots of water helps too

o

Chromium is probably ineffective and may even be dangerous for many people to use. You get sufficient ammounts with a proper diet.

Here is a link that might be useful: Chromium

o

Have you had any success?

o

Diet soda is very addictive. The sweetners they use have a high sugar taste and you start to crave more and more. You are putting chemicals in your body. Have more respect for your body. People put so much garbage in their bodies. Your body is the house of your soul. It is the only house that you will ever get. Take care of it and respect it. Drink water and eat whole unprocessed foods.
Donna

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Diet Club Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here